Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

"It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder (39831 Views)

If Your Phone Is Doing Any Of These Things, It's Time To Change It / Google Records Everything You Say Around Your Phone. Learn How To Delete Them / Intel Boss, Brian Krzanich, Resigns After Relationship With Employee Was Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by israelmao(m): 7:54am On Mar 23, 2018
Jealousy is universal.

3 Likes

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by FarahAideed: 7:55am On Mar 23, 2018
Guidette:
Deleted my Facebook account with over 1000 'friends' in April of 2013 after too many amebos and secret stalkers were using my information (that I willingly posted) to spread rumors, cause fights, and embarrass me. So I did the needful and never looked back. Can't wait to celebrate my 5 year anniversary from that diabolical, vacuous, time-wasting, nonsensical site. cool

Me too

1 Like

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 23, 2018
uzohrome:
Mark zuka has apologized and promised to belt up and protect users data from unwanted privacy infringement. He lost over $9B just in 4 days. Abeg make we pity am small na
Bro,it is that same pity that got nigeria to its present condition!!!!Do not forget that he only apologized after being caught!!!if dem no catch am,it’s business as usual....
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by TheKingIsHere: 7:58am On Mar 23, 2018
Newsprex:

Source - https://prexblog.com/brian-acton-co-founder-of-whatsapp-wants-you-to-delete-and-leave-facebook/

Hmmmm. This situation is an indirect warning to Seun.

Never abuse power because the people are the ones that keep the website alive, not you and definitely not the government.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:00am On Mar 23, 2018
Coming from whatsapp co founder I smell jealousy I will pass.
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 23, 2018
Billyonaire:

It is, but what is my name again
Bill, Billy, Biliamin ?

1 Like

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:00am On Mar 23, 2018
Guidette:
Deleted my Facebook account with over 1000 'friends' in April of 2013 after too many amebos and secret stalkers were using my information (that I willingly posted) to spread rumors, cause fights, and embarrass me. So I did the needful and never looked back. Can't wait to celebrate my 5 year anniversary from that diabolical, vacuous, time-wasting, nonsensical site. cool

Kudos to your girl! I equally stopped being active sometime in 2014 and have never looked back. It's amazing how just logging in could have one sucked in for hours pouring over pics, vids and otherwise useless information that didn't improve my life one bit. I do respect Zuckerberg as an entrepreneur and over-achiever but there my relationship with Facebook ends.
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by TheAlchemist: 8:00am On Mar 23, 2018
How much do you pay for using facebook and Whatsapp.. and yet you still want your privacy... Nothing in life comes free!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by chuckjonesautos: 8:00am On Mar 23, 2018
uzohrome:
Mark zuka has apologized and promised to belt up and protect users data from unwanted privacy infringement. He lost over $9B just in 4 days. Abeg make we pity am small na

I have already deleted my Facebook. No privacy. This people use this to monitor you and your business.
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by maclatunji: 8:03am On Mar 23, 2018
What Mark Zuckerberg wants you to Know about Cambridge Analytica Data Breach http://www.opinions.ng/mark-zuckerberg-wants-know-cambridge-analytica-data-breach/

1 Like

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by bumi10(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2018
Seriously
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2018
I won't Mr action or whatever you called yourself.
Leave Facebook alone. Ok
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by tbaby534(f): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2018
Make una dey here dey deceive una selves. As far you are using the internet, you do not have PRIVACY

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 23, 2018
dake40:

It's obvious you have no idea what cookies in your browser
does

Those damned cookies work even in incognito mode, which makes me even think you get super tracked & monitored once you switch to incognito mode on ur browser
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by Samsimple(m): 8:06am On Mar 23, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry
☣ ☠

☣ ☠
booked with two triangle... he will come and modify it now oohh
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by lastempero: 8:06am On Mar 23, 2018
DjAndroid:
i stopped posting and deactivated my facebook account on 27th December 2016, the deleted it on 3rd January this year. Reason; it has so far become useless.

Seriously iam thinking in that direction.
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by thunderbabs: 8:07am On Mar 23, 2018
When will Nairaland ever help us influence Nigeria elections.

1. Help sell data to remove buhari and personally see to him relocating to daura

2 Support the masses to hack anything to favour a young and visionary person who hasnt been in politics before into aso rock.

Just simple thing, nairaland cannor do than to dey do chor chor on other pple's issues undecided

Shioor..

1 Like

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by eluquenson(m): 8:08am On Mar 23, 2018
Delete your facebook account is in your own best interest, we have loads of reasons for using social media.
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by wonlasewonimi: 8:09am On Mar 23, 2018
It could have been worse if this had happened after GDPR goes into force. He could have paid $billions in fines.
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by twosquare(m): 8:09am On Mar 23, 2018
Sometimes I laugh when people talk, especially those in Naija here too wey go dey form privacy. Yawnss....you can't escape the NWO. At least, even if you don't use Fb, some of you do register for immigration passport to travel. So, either you like it or not, your data is with some folks....I have nothing in my cupboard. If you like sell my data, na u sabi....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by godofuck231: 8:09am On Mar 23, 2018
uzohrome:
Not me, I've taken down all my pics
,and profile info, if you know the details of damage done, I'm really scared, it's used by opposition to politically assassinate people and blackmail them

1 Like

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by Lomprico2: 8:09am On Mar 23, 2018
Naija slay queens no go gree!
You wan pour sand sand inside their garri ni?
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by Coldfeets: 8:10am On Mar 23, 2018
But I thot Facebook owns WhatsApp?

So why would Brian Acton be working against his boss?

twosquare:
Sometimes I laugh when people talk, especially those in Naija here too wey go dey form privacy. Yawnss....you can't escape the NWO. At least, even if you don't use Fb, some of you do register for immigration passport to travel. So, either you like it or not, your data is with some folks....I have nothing in my cupboard. If you like sell my data, na u sabi....

Yeah, I see your point.

But the question is, why will you help them by making it so easy for them to get those details?

Can you imagine, facebook has all your details and photos and that of your family and friends and the best part is that, you are even the one that FREELY gave it to them.

1 Like

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by twosquare(m): 8:11am On Mar 23, 2018
tbaby534:
Make una dey here dey deceive in a selves. As far you are using the internet, you do not have PRIVACY
best comment ever....na real self-deceit.

1 Like

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by scobyhybrid(m): 8:12am On Mar 23, 2018
All this nairalanders just dey shut privacy and personal information

watin dem go use person information for this shithole country do grin

6 Likes

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by holythug(m): 8:15am On Mar 23, 2018
Really? at the detriment of your own privacy...we really do not know how we lose in this because we truly don't value data

uzohrome:
Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by AlphaMajestic: 8:15am On Mar 23, 2018
twosquare:
best comment ever....na real self-deceit.
so u want Nigerians to delete...facebook never monitor important pple accnt finish...na dis nobodies wey full naija dt dey will come monitor whts d point

2 Likes

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by kuuljay(m): 8:15am On Mar 23, 2018
Social media life is for public viewing so anything you put out there is for the public,I wander why people talk of privacy on Facebook I don't understand

1 Like

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by godofuck231: 8:16am On Mar 23, 2018
Guidette:

Come take cold orijin, mine was this, due to a purchase of a re circled phone line which had a nasty previous user, it was traced to a nasty person who once used it and it caused a lot of issues with a female friend of mine took the intervention of an expert to explain to her that lost and deactivated lines can be retrieved and resold by network companies, and mine was tied to a Facebook account that wasn't mine,the previous owner was gay!

3 Likes

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by abes(m): 8:17am On Mar 23, 2018
I laugh at people that say they want to delete their profile from Facebook, just so you know, deleting your Fb profile does not delete your data from Fb database.

Another thing, you are using a phone that is tied to a cloud account (Google, iCloud, Blackberry, Windows) and you think your data is safe?

One last thing, you have registered for Nigeria National Identity Card, and you think your biometric data (fingerprints and all) is safe with Mastercard. Nigerian government really sold out Nigerians here.

We are all compromised.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder by ItzBIM(m): 8:17am On Mar 23, 2018
Jiang:

Those damned cookies work even in incognito mode, which makes me even think you get super tracked & monitored once you switch to incognito mode on ur browser

As long as you’re on the Internet there is no privacy, you can be tracked and monitored. Even on super incognito.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Generate IMEI Using This Android App / Which Phone Apps Kept You Occupied In 2019? / What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.