Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know (28096 Views)

COMMON SENSE: Unwritten Rules Of Life That Should Be Common Knowledge / Some Social Rules That May Help You / *fourteen Unwritten Rules For Civilized Conduct* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Evergreen4(m): 1:15pm On May 10, 2023
Nice one
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Angelfrost(m): 1:15pm On May 10, 2023
This is just common sense! Well-written Op!

Most important for me are Numbers 1 and 7!

Most Nigerians will never adhere to such basic social etiquettes!

Bush people even with all their education!
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Nehyooh(m): 1:16pm On May 10, 2023
Yeap, I use to no 10
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Angelfrost(m): 1:20pm On May 10, 2023
ImaIma1:
For that number 1, if someone is avoiding my calls and you know you should pick especially if it is a debtor or hubby. I will call you continuously that the only options would be to call me back or switch off your phone.

Calling repeatedly doesn't make any difference nor sense!

If someone doesn't want to talk to you, they don't want to talk to you! Simple!

Someone like me will never be bothered because my phone is always on 'Silent', not even 'Vibration'!

You go call Taya till you have the common sense to send a text or WhatsApp message!

Not everyone jokes with his or her time!

2 Likes

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Angelfrost(m): 1:23pm On May 10, 2023
Wawelexy:
I can relate to that number 4, it can be very awkward, most especially in an office settings... Both of you will be careful on how you drop your next atomic bomb, trying to avoid the centre of the WC so as not to make sound? Worst part is if your stuff smells badly and it's only a tiny wall that parted the rest room and a office filled with female colleagues.... Lol.. grin

Don't be speaking the truth anyhow...! Haba!!! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Angelfrost(m): 1:25pm On May 10, 2023
Lemmy123:
I don't even call people more than once

Well, you should call at least twice!

My mentor would say: one missed call is likely to be written off as an error or flash, while more than two missed calls is an emergency... Anything above three missed calls might be seen as harassment! Especially if there is no close relationship.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Bimpe29: 1:26pm On May 10, 2023
It's really an arguably social rules
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Zealag(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2023
As a lady If a guy invite you for a date don't bring ur friends,cousin or relatives.you will scare him away and you will pay for the bill and be left disgraced.

1 Like

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by kinkydude: 1:31pm On May 10, 2023
Nice post.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by MyExpression(m): 1:33pm On May 10, 2023
Number 4 tho
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by michoim(m): 1:36pm On May 10, 2023
Nice one
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by TruthHurts100: 1:36pm On May 10, 2023
Wear bra when going out especially if you know you hard big nips
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Nicenixon: 1:36pm On May 10, 2023
That number 6 is underrated, it is mainly for our ladies. If you follow me out, na me go order for you, no be your papa dash me money.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by uuzba(m): 1:44pm On May 10, 2023
Bimpe29:
It's really an arguably social rules
What is there to argue about?
Be nice to others and stop thinking only about yourself.
Tomorrow when someone is avoiding you, you'll be wondering why. You will forget that you broke one of the above rules.
As a standard, I don't even talk to anybody playing music on their phone out loud. As you start it, I've already stood up and gone.
If I can't leave, I turn on my own and play it louder than yours and very near your ear.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Jeffyblaq(m): 1:46pm On May 10, 2023
KillerBeauty:
The top ten unwritten rules

1. Don't call someone more than twice continuously. If they don't pick up your call that mean they have something more important to attend to.

2. When your fellow colleague/ classmate/ team-mate gets shouted at please don't stare at them. It makes the moment twice awkward.

3. When someone drops something on the floor by mistake or drops food from the plate or doesn't know how to use a knife/fork don't stare at them. The same goes to people sneezing, coughing or even an uncontrollable fart. It's an involuntary reaction.

4. Always skip using the restroom beside the occupied one. It makes it uneasy for the person in the occupied restroom as well as yourself if you occupy the one right next to theirs.

5. Return money that you have borrowed even before the other person remembers lending it to you. It shows your integrity and character. Same goes with umbrellas, pens etc

6. Never order the expensive food or drink on the menu when someone is treating you for lunch/dinner. If possible ask them to order their choice of food for you.

7. Don't ask awkward questions like‘Why aren't you married?’ Or ‘Don't you have kids’ or ‘Why didn't you buy a car?’ For god's sake it isn't your problem.

8. When someone makes a wrong investment and loses their money, don't add fuel to the flames by saying‘I knew this would happen. You should have listened to me. Don't make failure seem worse for anyone.

9. Always open the door for the person coming behind you. Doesn't matter if it is a guy or a girl. You don't grow small by treating someone well in public.

10. Wear ear phones when traveling on a bus. Don't make others taste your choice of good/bad music.

The most important one! Don't swipe left or right when someone hands over their phone to you for viewing the picture. And also don't browse through their messages and call log list. Thanks
https://www.quora.com
All Thanks to Quora ☺️

1 Like

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by AZControversial(m): 1:46pm On May 10, 2023
sad
@ No. 4.....kilode....
I'm not even at ease in the first place....

If you feel uneasy when I'm next to you, then toilet no worry you be dat.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by uuzba(m): 1:48pm On May 10, 2023
Zealag:
As a lady If a guy invite you for a date don't bring ur friends,cousin or relatives.you will scare him away and you will pay for the bill and be left disgraced.
Date implies 2 people only.
Nothing concerns any other person to join them. If someone asks you out on a date, they want to see you and you alone. If they want other friends to be present, then it is not a date and they won't call it "date"
Date is privacy. Only 2 people. No phone, phonecall, no social media, just two of you face each other and talk about all your interests.
If you want to use your phone, stay in your house and use it. Don't go on any date.

1 Like

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by showlove911(m): 1:50pm On May 10, 2023
God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for our sin. Through Him we can know and experience God’s love and plan for our life.

...amen...

Say...LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You were raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by phemmyfour: 1:58pm On May 10, 2023
KillerBeauty:
The top ten unwritten rules

1. Don't call someone more than twice continuously. If they don't pick up your call that mean they have something more important to attend to.

2. When your fellow colleague/ classmate/ team-mate gets shouted at please don't stare at them. It makes the moment twice awkward.

3. When someone drops something on the floor by mistake or drops food from the plate or doesn't know how to use a knife/fork don't stare at them. The same goes to people sneezing, coughing or even an uncontrollable fart. It's an involuntary reaction.

4. Always skip using the restroom beside the occupied one. It makes it uneasy for the person in the occupied restroom as well as yourself if you occupy the one right next to theirs.

5. Return money that you have borrowed even before the other person remembers lending it to you. It shows your integrity and character. Same goes with umbrellas, pens etc

6. Never order the expensive food or drink on the menu when someone is treating you for lunch/dinner. If possible ask them to order their choice of food for you.

7. Don't ask awkward questions like‘Why aren't you married?’ Or ‘Don't you have kids’ or ‘Why didn't you buy a car?’ For god's sake it isn't your problem.

8. When someone makes a wrong investment and loses their money, don't add fuel to the flames by saying‘I knew this would happen. You should have listened to me. Don't make failure seem worse for anyone.

9. Always open the door for the person coming behind you. Doesn't matter if it is a guy or a girl. You don't grow small by treating someone well in public.

10. Wear ear phones when traveling on a bus. Don't make others taste your choice of good/bad music.

The most important one! Don't swipe left or right when someone hands over their phone to you for viewing the picture. And also don't browse through their messages and call log list. Thanks
https://www.quora.com
At no4
If that's the only rest room left and you can't no longer hold it....you just have to break the fucking rule
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by babajero(m): 1:59pm On May 10, 2023
ImaIma1:
For that number 1, if someone is avoiding my calls and you know you should pick especially if it is a debtor or hubby. I will call you continuously that the only options would be to call me back or switch off your phone.
you are a nag.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Bmaster(m): 2:00pm On May 10, 2023
Unwritten rules wet you don write down,that one na still unwritten rules ?
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Karnice600: 2:21pm On May 10, 2023
Wawelexy:
I can relate to that number 4, it can be very awkward, most especially in an office settings... Both of you will be careful on how you drop your next atomic bomb, trying to avoid the centre of the WC so as not to make sound? Worst part is if your stuff smells badly and it's only a tiny wall that parted the rest room and a office filled with female colleagues.... Lol.. grin

Baba I remembered a long time ago, back in school as a fresher, we visited a friend's aunt who had very beautiful daughters. We spent two weeks there since school was on a break. The daughters were well cultured I never see. They were damn wealthy yet didn't have a house help. They cleaned the whole house by themselves, including the visitor's toilet and room. We were only allowed to water the garden or clean up the cars, about 4 and nothing else. We weren't allowed to do internal chores.
I used the toilet on one occasion and struggled with flushing. Everything flush remain one black long shyte wey balance like eifel tower. I flushed and waited. Flushed again, still no success. They only had a shower there. No bathtub, no pail. Baba na so I use my left hand push the demon inside, down the toilet chamber. I gave it one more flush and my predicament was over. I couldn't imagine leaving that stuff for any of those fine girls to come and see. Shame for kill me.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Chris8t(m): 2:27pm On May 10, 2023
When I get asked questions like "Why aren't you married?" I answer with "Why aren't you dead?"

4 Likes

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by karnap(m): 2:28pm On May 10, 2023
Some times I call you continuously to disturbed you or run down your battery, especially when you are owing me money.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by caesymore(m): 2:31pm On May 10, 2023
Jinora:
Number 7
very important

Hahha. come on go and Marry cheesy
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Wawelexy(m): 2:36pm On May 10, 2023
Karnice600:

Baba I remembered a long time ago, back in school as a fresher, we visited a friend's aunt who had very beautiful daughters. We spent two weeks there since school was on a break. The daughters were well cultured I never see. They were damn wealthy yet didn't have a house help. They cleaned the whole house by themselves, including the visitor's toilet and room. We were only allowed to water the garden or clean up the cars, about 4 and nothing else. We weren't allowed to do internal chores.
I used the toilet on one occasion and struggled with flushing. Everything flush remain one black long shyte wey balance like eifel tower. I flushed and waited. Flushed again, still no success. They only had a shower there. No bathtub, no pail. Baba na so I use my left hand push the demon inside, down the toilet chamber. I gave it one more flush and my predicament was over. I couldn't imagine leaving that stuff for any of those fine girls to come and see. Shame for kill me.

This got me cracking.... Last man standing wan fall your hand... grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Bakrabas: 2:54pm On May 10, 2023
You see that number 4 ehn...if both of you are purging you might have finished before you realized that you're in the same Toilet just that black nylon is being use to divide For being seeing each other
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by LordEclipse: 2:55pm On May 10, 2023
I fit wire you slap because of that last one.. Even my babe no dey try am 🤣

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accident At Sangotedo, Ajah In Lagos This Afternoon (viewers Discretion Advised) / 10 Brain Damaging Habits To Avoid / What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.