Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know (28095 Views)

COMMON SENSE: Unwritten Rules Of Life That Should Be Common Knowledge / Some Social Rules That May Help You / *fourteen Unwritten Rules For Civilized Conduct* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by jaggabban: 3:36pm On May 10, 2023
I dislike people involving in no. 7 and 9.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by MissOpe(f): 3:37pm On May 10, 2023
ImaIma1:
For that number 1, if someone is avoiding my calls and you know you should pick especially if it is a debtor or hubby. I will call you continuously that the only options would be to call me back or switch off your phone.

What if the person blacklists your number?
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Eben24: 3:39pm On May 10, 2023
They're good rules.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 10, 2023
If i call you once and you don’t pick or return my call in the next two hours I’m deleting your number from my phone straight up

1 Like

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Kobicove(m): 3:51pm On May 10, 2023
Number 5 should be taught in Nigerian schools!
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Streetmovement(m): 4:09pm On May 10, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I'm not faulty in any of these but you see that No 4 if better shit hold me forget it grin

1 Like

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by InvertedHammer: 4:28pm On May 10, 2023
KillerBeauty:
The top ten unwritten rules

1. Don't call someone more than twice continuously. If they don't pick up your call that mean they have something more important to attend to.

2. When your fellow colleague/ classmate/ team-mate gets shouted at please don't stare at them. It makes the moment twice awkward.

3. When someone drops something on the floor by mistake or drops food from the plate or doesn't know how to use a knife/fork don't stare at them. The same goes to people sneezing, coughing or even an uncontrollable fart. It's an involuntary reaction.

4. Always skip using the restroom beside the occupied one. It makes it uneasy for the person in the occupied restroom as well as yourself if you occupy the one right next to theirs.

5. Return money that you have borrowed even before the other person remembers lending it to you. It shows your integrity and character. Same goes with umbrellas, pens etc

6. Never order the expensive food or drink on the menu when someone is treating you for lunch/dinner. If possible ask them to order their choice of food for you.

7. Don't ask awkward questions like‘Why aren't you married?’ Or ‘Don't you have kids’ or ‘Why didn't you buy a car?’ For god's sake it isn't your problem.

8. When someone makes a wrong investment and loses their money, don't add fuel to the flames by saying‘I knew this would happen. You should have listened to me. Don't make failure seem worse for anyone.

9. Always open the door for the person coming behind you. Doesn't matter if it is a guy or a girl. You don't grow small by treating someone well in public.

10. Wear ear phones when traveling on a bus. Don't make others taste your choice of good/bad music.

The most important one! Don't swipe left or right when someone hands over their phone to you for viewing the picture. And also don't browse through their messages and call log list. Thanks
https://www.quora.com

/

#7 about marriage is very necessary and important.

Otherwise some people will not understand that time is not on their side. cool

/
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Lionelbhass(m): 4:31pm On May 10, 2023
The number one rule does not apply to an average Nigerian.
Some people just choose to be unfortunate sometimes, cause I don’t know why you’ll keep on calling repeatedly if I don’t pick on time.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by labelle123(f): 4:34pm On May 10, 2023
Karnice600:

Baba I remembered a long time ago, back in school as a fresher, we visited a friend's aunt who had very beautiful daughters. We spent two weeks there since school was on a break. The daughters were well cultured I never see. They were damn wealthy yet didn't have a house help. They cleaned the whole house by themselves, including the visitor's toilet and room. We were only allowed to water the garden or clean up the cars, about 4 and nothing else. We weren't allowed to do internal chores.
I used the toilet on one occasion and struggled with flushing. Everything flush remain one black long shyte wey balance like eifel tower. I flushed and waited. Flushed again, still no success. They only had a shower there. No bathtub, no pail. Baba na so I use my left hand push the demon inside, down the toilet chamber. I gave it one more flush and my predicament was over. I couldn't imagine leaving that stuff for any of those fine girls to come and see. Shame for kill me.
Laugh wan kill me

Hehehehe
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Kaycee9242(m): 4:37pm On May 10, 2023
Wawelexy:
I can relate to that number 4, it can be very awkward, most especially in an office settings... Both of you will be careful on how you drop your next atomic bomb, trying to avoid the centre of the WC so as not to make sound? Worst part is if your stuff smells badly and it's only a tiny wall that parted the rest room and a office filled with female colleagues.... Lol.. grin

Lol i usually turn the tap on in such situation. The noise helps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by shegzy0514(m): 5:11pm On May 10, 2023
Wawelexy:
I can relate to that number 4, it can be very awkward, most especially in an office settings... Both of you will be careful on how you drop your next atomic bomb, trying to avoid the centre of the WC so as not to make sound? Worst part is if your stuff smells badly and it's only a tiny wall that parted the rest room and a office filled with female colleagues.... Lol.. grin
Because of this type of toilet that is close to the office, I usually use the security toilet that is outside because I don't want anyone to hear the sound of my shit. Na so my boss go enter toilet you go dey hear strong strong sound the drop 😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by isabi2lof: 5:27pm On May 10, 2023
Especially number 7
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by omartins(m): 5:48pm On May 10, 2023
On number 8, someone mock me that everyone is cashing out in MMM and stupid me can't invest. When it crashed and he lost #600,000, you said I should not mock him? Though I was unable to, it pains me till date.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Sunshine34(m): 6:12pm On May 10, 2023
Always skip using the restroom beside the occupied one. It makes it uneasy for the person in the occupied restroom as well as yourself if you occupy the one right next to theirs.

This Number 4 is relatable. I stopped pushing hard. I keep going slowly.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Elliswellness01: 10:35pm On May 10, 2023
For number 1, not when you are owning me or when I send T. Fare for you and you want to disappoint me.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Harmless1b(m): 11:01pm On May 10, 2023
Just dey play in no 4
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by okezuoemmanue(m): 4:28am On May 11, 2023
If you fail number 5, be rest assured that I will fail number 1 on you 😂
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Enemyofpeace: 5:58am On May 11, 2023
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by ImaIma1(f): 9:28am On Jun 30, 2023
babajero:
you are a nag.

Lol. That's one thing I'm not.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by ImaIma1(f): 9:29am On Jun 30, 2023
Angelfrost:

Calling repeatedly doesn't make any difference nor sense!

If someone doesn't want to talk to you, they don't want to talk to you! Simple!

Someone like me will never be bothered because my phone is always on 'Silent', not even 'Vibration'!

You go call Taya till you have the common sense to send a text or WhatsApp message!

Not everyone jokes with his or her time!

Seems you owe a lot.
Re: Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know by Angelfrost(m): 9:38am On Jun 30, 2023
ImaIma1:

Seems you owe a lot.

Honestly, I haven't borrowed a dime in the last couple of years!

I live a contented and debt free life!

I just value my productive time, and will not pick calls when busy! So, anyone calling and I'm not picking should have the sense to leave a message or call back later instead of calling repeatedly (more than twice in a row)!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accident At Sangotedo, Ajah In Lagos This Afternoon (viewers Discretion Advised) / 10 Brain Damaging Habits To Avoid / What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.