Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,357 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That (45449 Views)

'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On 5G: Lagos And Abuja Shut By FG For Installation Of 5G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by Maestro21: 3:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
engrelvis:
young man I dnt understand ur aggressiveness.u want to lecture me on history of pastor Chris.for yr information Mr know it all am from Edo state. My friend architect osahon was a classmate of of chris at ekpoma when I was reading civil engineering at Uniben.like I told u yesterday am done with u n yr insultive one sided argument.am nt under obligation to explain anything to u.i said I heard an audio of pastor Chris in d early 2000 .how deos dat translate to Christ embassy starting in early 2000? U v problem

I am aggressive when I see a boldfaced lie and you tell a lot of them.

Why do you think this Uniben and Osahon story mean anything? Were there not people who disbelieved Jesus saying they knew his father and mother?

My argument is one-sided because you simply cannot read.

I mean, I called cases of Pastor Chris explaining demonic influences as far back as the 70s and 80s and you are telling me he did not believe in them in the 2000s only start believing in them again.

Are you seeing the glaring illogicality?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 3:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
Maestro21:
Someone else has addressed the nephilims issue so I would not need to rehash it. When you say something is sexless (asexual)it means they can take up any sex as a manifestation.

Whatever a demon assumes does not mean anything. That is why their assumption does not count in spiritual mature discussions.

That a demon is responsible for homosexuality does not mean there is a demon of homosexuality. I pray you get it. You can cast out that demon yet the person in question will go on to become murderous (serial killer) or become promiscuous with people of the opposite sex.

In view of forcing correctness because Pastor Chris said it is where you got it very wrong.

A demon in the scriptures is described by what it does.

A Mute Spirit causes dumbness
A Spirit of infirmity causes physical infirmities
A demon of fear causes fear
etc
Its just a designation

In the light of this, when a demon spirit causes homosexuality, using the rules above, what do you arrive at as a designation?

"A spirit of homosexuality"!

You seem to speak naively when you said

You can cast out that demon yet the person in question will go on to become murderous (serial killer) or become promiscuous with people of the opposite sex

Who said only one demon can exist in a body!?
Who said any thing like the only demons that afflict people are spiritual spouses!?

If a person has 10 demons and you cast out only 2, you have only created a day or two of relief. A person is free only when ALL demons afflicting him are driven out.

And no one has said until you know their names before you can cast them out. Many times in deliverances, demons go out in gangs.

Maestro21:

For spiritually mature men, when you hear them say “thou spirit of deafness, come out...in Jesus name” etc they are not just saying it because deaf people are there. They are saying it by the leading of the Holy Spirit.

If you do not make doctrines out of your experiences that is good. And I never said anyone who is not a CEC member is on the opposite end. There are many good churches all over the world many of which I respect and listen to.

Do spiritual spouses exist in the way you are describing? No.

Demons exist who could manifest themselves that way to the unsuspecting to make them feel they are bound to them. Many weak Christians have lost marriages and partners for this same ignorance. That is why I am using my God-given mandate to PREACH their deliverance to them.

You are still using extreme example to discuss with me. I do not subscribe to making doctrines out of experiences. Experiences only validate and help us understand the logos. Experiences are products of stepping out in faith.

You talk like no other set of Christians have the gifts of discernment of Spirits or as if all deliverances are done in the flesh.

Your spiritual arrogance is well exhibited in this post. Only CEC members are lead by Gods spirit is the summary of what you just said.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
donnie:

This thread is about my Pastor on Q&A session of the church. You are the one intruding.
No one is insulting your Pastor.
In spite of the fact that I don't agree with your Pastor on EVERYTHING that doesn't mean I don't respect him.

You are the one assuming what is NOT.

Listen to the tail end is Pastor Chris speech: he said "this is a spiritual reality for some immature Christians" . What is a spiritual reality?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
donnie:

Did he say the demon looked like a monkey or he called it "monkey spirit"? Cos I've read Kenneth Hagin's book: The Triumphant Church.

A demon in the form of a monkey!

The question is do you believe this? (For no monkey exist in the bible)
donnie:

Cancel what really? And from what, or where?

Cancel the use of anointing oil because some Christians are misusing it!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
donnie:

Did he say the demon looked like a monkey or he called it "monkey spirit"? Cos I've read Kenneth Hagin's book: The Triumphant Church.

donnie:

Cancel what really? And from what, or where?

Should the body of Christ Cancel the use of anointing oil because some Christians are misusing it!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by Maestro21: 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2018
No, you are just trying hard to force your little experience on us. I have told you severally that you do not know who you are talking to so you would know why the word is all that should be debated.

Zechariah, John the Baptist’s father was made mute till John was born. So did God send a demon of muteness to him?

I told you that just because someone is displaying homosexual tendencies does not mean that they have a spirit of homosexuality. That is judging spiritual issues by observation and that is foul.

That very same demon (not another one) can be responsible for making such a person not only homosexual, but a thief, and broke all at the same time.

If you call him homosexual demon and cast him out in Jesus name he will stop displaying those tendencies yet the other ones you did not call out will still be manifestations he will go on to show later.

What happens next? They will bring the person to you another time for Spirit of Kleptomania to go. And another time for spirit of poverty. LOL

That is why some of you guys keep praying over and over and over over the same demon.

Demons are not fools. They recognize spiritual authority and wisdom in people. If you show them you are ignorant in one area, they will capitalize on it.

It is through knowledge (not experience) that the just are delivered.

shadeyinka:

In view of forcing correctness because Pastor Chris said it is where you got it very wrong.

etc
Its just a designation

In the light of this, when a demon spirit causes homosexuality, using the rules above, what do you arrive at as a designation?

Who said any thing like the only demons that afflict people are spiritual spouses!?

If a person has 10 demons and you cast out only 2, you have only created a day or two of relief. A person is free only when ALL demons afflicting him are driven out.

And no one has said until you know their names before you can cast them out. Many times in deliverances, demons go out in gangs.

You are still using extreme example to discuss with me. I do not subscribe to making doctrines out of experiences. Experiences only validate and help us understand the logos. Experiences are products of stepping out in faith.

You talk like no other set of Christians have the gifts of discernment of Spirits or as if all deliverances are done in the flesh.

Your spiritual arrogance is well exhibited in this post. Only CEC members are lead by Gods spirit is the summary of what you just said.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
Maestro21:

In 2009, I already argued with a friend of mine that smoking like masturbation in themselves were not sins. Pastor Chris question answering session was in 2011. You are essentially doing what you accuse me of which is assuming I don’t study scripture for myself. I am under his tutelage and mentorship because he elevated my own preconceived understandings and he demonstrates the reality of God’s word in a way no other MOG I have come in contact does (and I have listened to many MOGs).

Again, none of those spirits were characterized by what they did but simply by what the author of truth -the Holy Spirit- called them.

That is why I pointed you to the deaf and dumb spirit in a boy yet the manifestations were not related to being deaf and dumb at all.

With my experience with demons, I know that a demon can be in a persons heart yet that person might be having swellings in their belly.

There are 2 funny stories I have experienced with Pastor Chris. Once I heard him say he was told by the Holy Spirit to place his hand on a woman’s head yet on the placard she was holding she had an issue with her stomach. She tried to place his hands on her tummy but he corrected her. I heard later that when she went to her doctor (who confirmed her totally healed BTW) he told her that he did a CAT scan on her previously because they noticed a tumor was building in her head (but he did not tell her because they were not sure it was benign or malignant).

The point is there are certain things that only the Holy Spirit can determine. Trust him and leave sense knowledge teachings. Jesus said the kingdom of God is not determined by careful observation. You don’t look and say because this and this happened, then it is so and so. No it is wrong.

My 2nd story is about Benny Hinn and Pastor Chris. They were ministering together and after Benny prayed for a woman who said she was healed of something else (can’t remember what) as she was going, Pastor Chris called her back and cast out a demon he said he could see hanging to her lungs area.

Guess what? She admitted to him that she was also asthmatic. Yet that is not what she came out to testify she was healed of.

That is why we don’t just call demons by their functions. When you trust God by his word ALONE he will guide you into all truth and show you things experience will never teach you.
I think we are somehow saying the same thing except that you assume an extreme position for those who believe that demons exist who assume the role of spouse in some peoples life.

A lot of times in deliverance, it is the Holy Spirit who direct you on what to do. Sometimes, He says don't touch/lay hands on her. And in obedience, you don't touch till you complete your assignment. Sometimes, just after you cast out a demon, the Holy Spirit tells you that there is still another one inside don't stop praying for her yet. And sometimes a demon will pretend to go out but the Holy Spirit will tell you..it is a fake, the demon is just acting.

So, its not by rules, it is as led by the Holy Spirit. Are people making drama and merchandise out of deliverance? Of course, I don't condone them.

I think you see it like those who believe spiritual spouses exist just jump on people to cast out spiritual husbands. No, it doesn't work that way.

Casting out demons is not even a proof of spirituality or even maturity. Its the children's bread! It takes only faith in the word to do what Christ said "this signs shall follow them that believe..."

That is probably why you see people who are doctrinally unbalanced or matured in deliverance ministration. But the point is that not every one is like that.

So, I think you over generalize by assuming that every body else are ignorant of spiritual dynamics.

I have not personally dealt with this but I've heard of a woman who regularly have sex with a dog. Is this a spiritual reality? I think so! It just simply means that a demon takes the form of a dog to sleep with her. Should it be made a doctrine? Certainly not!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by Maestro21: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2018
shadeyinka:

Should the body of Christ Cancel the use of anointing oil because some Christians are misusing it!

When you say things like this, you expose your ignorance in the word.

A demon can take any form. It does not mean the demon is that form. Just the way the Holy Spirit descended like a dove will, did not make him a dove or because he appeared in the form of a wind whenever people feel any wind they say it is the Holy Spirit.

Kenneth Hagin did not say Monkey demon. He said he saw a demon in the form of a monkey. It could have been a camel or tortoise or a pig. It was simply a demon.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by Maestro21: 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
I don’t disagree with most of this except in your own palpable lack of understanding of my position.

What people experience does not make it right. I hope you get it.

Someone said they saw Mary appear to them to tell them to pray rosaries. Did they experience it?yes.

But I know it is not scriptural so I declare it null and void.

In the same way, someone experienced a demon telling them they are espoused to them. I don’t doubt their experience.

But is it scriptural? No. So I cast out the demon and leave it be.

No dramatic explanation of covenant or marriage to spirits. I know it is simply a demon lying to feel more attached to the person.

Donnie mentioned Attachment demon. Because at some point some people experienced demonic attacks after they claimed they purchased a hair attachment.

Therefore attachement Demon? Come on!

That demon could have even come through the person’s fear but the manifestation will make ignorant people say it came from the attachment.

Measure everything by the word.

shadeyinka:

I think we are somehow saying the same thing except that you assume an extreme position for those who believe that demons exist who assume the role of spouse in some peoples life.

A lot of times in deliverance, it is the Holy Spirit who direct you on what to do. Sometimes, He says don't touch/lay hands on her. And in obedience, you don't touch till you complete your assignment. Sometimes, just after you cast out a demon, the Holy Spirit tells you that there is still another one inside don't stop praying for her yet. And sometimes a demon will pretend to go out but the Holy Spirit will tell you..it is a fake, the demon is just acting.

So, its not by rules, it is as led by the Holy Spirit. Are people making drama and merchandise out of deliverance? Of course, I don't condone them.

I think you see it like those who believe spiritual spouses exist just jump on people to cast out spiritual husbands. No, it doesn't work that way.

Casting out demons is not even a proof of spirituality or even maturity. Its the children's bread! It takes only faith in the word to do what Christ said "this signs shall follow them that believe..."

That is probably why you see people who are doctrinally unbalanced or matured in deliverance ministration. But the point is that not every one is like that.

So, I think you over generalize by assuming that every body else are ignorant of spiritual dynamics.

I have not personally dealt with this but I've heard of a woman who regularly have sex with a dog. Is this a spiritual reality? I think so! It just simply means that a demon takes the form of a dog to sleep with her. Should it be made a doctrine? Certainly not!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by Maestro21: 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
shadeyinka:

etc
Its just a designation

Even after I have said I listen to many MOG and value their ministries?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2018
Maestro21:
No, you are just trying hard to force your little experience on us. I have told you severally that you do not know who you are talking to so you would know why the word is all that should be debated.

Zechariah, John the Baptist’s father was made mute till John was born. So did God send a demon of muteness to him?

I told you that just because someone is displaying homosexual tendencies does not mean that they have a spirit of homosexuality. That is judging spiritual issues by observation and that is foul.

That very same demon (not another one) can be responsible for making such a person not only homosexual, but a thief, and broke all at the same time.

If you call him homosexual demon and cast him out in Jesus name he will stop displaying those tendencies yet the other ones you did not call out will still be manifestations he will go on to show later.

What happens next? They will bring the person to you another time for Spirit of Kleptomania to go. And another time for spirit of poverty. LOL

That is why some of you guys keep praying over and over and over over the same demon.

Demons are not fools. They recognize spiritual authority and wisdom in people. If you show them you are ignorant in one area, they will capitalize on it.

It is through knowledge (not experience) that the just are delivered.

But you are saying everything I haven't as if that's my position. Your bias is overly strong.

Nobody said a person can be demonized by just one spirit. There could be several different classes/types/entities. You just don't cast out one demon and start rejoying: you cast all out. That is when total freedom begins.

You make is sound like everyone who is used in deliverances and he is not from CEC is LOOKING for Spirit Spouse to Cast out. Far from it.

I don't know whether you are using the reports you read in the news as the yard stick for your judgement.

Your belief system about the rest of the body of Christ is highly skewed.

Interestingly, I don't believe there is anyone created by God as homosexuals. For me, all homosexual tendencies are demonically induced. I don't know if you feel otherwise.

If you say that not all infirmities are of demonic origin, I concur. If you say not all dumbness is demonic but when issues like kleptomania, nymphomania, etc exist on a person, demons are involved. As usually, I know you will get me wrong and go at tangent: I am not saying all stealing are demonic or all fornications are demonic.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by GrammarCheck: 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
tosyne2much:
You should know that most people lashing out at the pastor are 10MB crew.. You can't expect them to watch the video with their 10MB cheesy cheesy

Lmao!! Epic!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by tosyne2much(m): 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
GrammarCheck:

Lmao!! Epic!
cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by Maestro21: 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
shadeyinka:

But you are saying everything I haven't as if that's my position. Your bias is overly strong.

Nobody said a person can be demonized by just one spirit. There could be several different classes/types/entities. You just don't cast out one demon and start rejoying: you cast all out. That is when total freedom begins.

You make is sound like everyone who is used in deliverances and he is not from CEC is LOOKING for Spirit Spouse to Cast out. Far from it.

I don't know whether you are using the reports you read in the news as the yard stick for your judgement.

Your belief system about the rest of the body of Christ is highly skewed.

Interestingly, I don't believe there is anyone created by God as homosexuals. For me, all homosexual tendencies are demonically induced. I don't know if you feel otherwise.

If you say that not all infirmities are of demonic origin, I concur. If you say not all dumbness is demonic but when issues like kleptomania, nymphomania, etc exist on a person, demons are involved. As usually, I know you will get me wrong and go at tangent: I am not saying all stealing are demonic or all fornications are demonic.

You are rigmaroling.

I am using your own words to question what you believe.

I don’t know where I mentioned that anyone who does not see things the CE way is totally wrong.

Or is that the position you want to paint me with to somehow console yourself?

You are insisting on spirit spouses. When I ask probing questions you immediately say I am condemning the whole body of Christ.

How did you come up with spirit spouse? Is it not the same reasoning that brought up cocacola demon as well? In case you don’t know that is what it is.

That is why I am insisting on the word.

Whatever the demon said or assumed is excluded. I don’t get my revelation from them.

For you all homosexual tendencies are demonic? Well to me, not all are. Some people dabble in and out of it out of sinful curiosity that is necessarily not demonic.

Obviously, most of the homosexual cases are demonic. Goes without saying.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
Maestro21:

You are rigmaroling.

I am using your own words to question what you believe.

I don’t know where I mentioned that anyone who does not see things the CE way is totally wrong.

Or is that the position you want to paint me with to somehow console yourself?

You are insisting on spirit spouses. When I ask probing questions you immediately say I am condemning the whole body of Christ.

How did you come up with spirit spouse? Is it not the same reasoning that brought up cocacola demon as well? In case you don’t know that is what it is.

That is why I am insisting on the word.

Whatever the demon said or assumed is excluded. I don’t get my revelation from them.

For you all homosexual tendencies are demonic? Well to me, not all are . Some people dabble in and out of it out of sinful curiosity that is necessarily not demonic.

Obviously, most of the homosexual cases are demonic. Goes without saying.
Neither do I get my revelations from demons
But the scripture never mentioned anywhere the existence of homosexuality causing demons. Where did you get that? From the Word!?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
Maestro21:

Even after I have said I listen to many MOG and value their ministries?
Yes, you still use extreme example as if everyone subscribes to experience over the word
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by donnie(m): 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
shadeyinka:

Thought as much; Papa Hagin was a balanced teacher and apostle.

shadeyinka:

Cancel from where? Those who used oil in the bible used it as part of the custom of the day. The power is not in the oil but in the prayer of faith. Mediums can be used occasionally as the Spirit leads. But a Babe will depend on oil or some medium for healing or miracles.

So we leave them alone and face our called of teaching the truth.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
Maestro21:

I don’t disagree with most of this except in your own palpable lack of understanding of my position.

What people experience does not make it right. I hope you get it.

Someone said they saw Mary appear to them to tell them to pray rosaries. Did they experience it?yes.

But I know it is not scriptural so I declare it null and void.

In the same way, someone experienced a demon telling them they are espoused to them. I don’t doubt their experience.

But is it scriptural? No. So I cast out the demon and leave it be.

No dramatic explanation of covenant or marriage to spirits. I know it is simply a demon lying to feel more attached to the person.

Donnie mentioned Attachment demon. Because at some point some people experienced demonic attacks after they claimed they purchased a hair attachment.

Therefore attachement Demon? Come on!

That demon could have even come through the person’s fear but the manifestation will make ignorant people say it came from the attachment.

Measure everything by the word.

I think I do understand your position. The only problem is that you look at it narrowly!

There are two sets of people involved
1. The one casting out the demons
2. The one of whom demons is being cast out

The one casting out the demons should trivialise demonic activities because he knows his position in Christ.

However, to the one who has a demon, it is a spiritual reality that she is being tormented by a demon who refers to himself as her husband.

This is what I think pastor Chris was saying.

A demon was saying through a young woman to me "..I will kill you...did this woman say she need deliverance?". I simply told her it wasn't possible because Gods angels watches over me.

She turned to look round the hall as if over 300 angels were around the hall (me I didn't see any angel, I just spoke by faith) and finally faced me quiet. I said, do you see why you cannot kill me!? All I did was to remember the scriptures " nothing shall by any means hurt you...he shall bid his angels charge over you..". That should be the position of a christian.

Where I think we differ is that you seem to trivialise the experience of the demonized as if "these are not spiritual reality" for her.

Spiritual spouse may exist, but to a believer, they are powerless. That is scripture. No matter the name of the demon, they are inconsequential before a spirit filled child of God. A demon who calls himself Lucifer and the one who call himself jovial are in the same category: INCONSEQUENTIAL! That is the position of a child of God when dealing with them.

And honestly that is what I think Pastor Chris was saying.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
Maestro21:

When you say things like this, you expose your ignorance in the word.

A demon can take any form. It does not mean the demon is that form. Just the way the Holy Spirit descended like a dove will, did not make him a dove or because he appeared in the form of a wind whenever people feel any wind they say it is the Holy Spirit.

Kenneth Hagin did not say Monkey demon. He said he saw a demon in the form of a monkey. It could have been a camel or tortoise or a pig. It was simply a demon.
Hence a demon can assume the position of a spouse to a demonized. That had been my point all along
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by donnie(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
shadeyinka:

Hence a demon can assume the position of a spouse to a demonized. That had been my point all along

And our point has been "why give it a nickname.... why make a doctrine out of it"
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
donnie:

Thought as much; Papa Hagin was a balanced teacher and apostle.

Cancel from where? Those who used oil in the bible used it as part of the custom of the day. The power is not in the oil but in the prayer of faith. Mediums can be used occasionally as the Spirit leads. But a Babe will depend on oil or some medium for healing or miracles.

So we leave them alone and face our called of teaching the truth.

James 5:14
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

This is the scripture, but it isn't the formulae for healing. Of course people will misuse any scripture.

I used Keneth Haggins example because the fact that monkeys do not exist in the bible does not make his experience false.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
donnie:

And our point has been "why give it a nickname.... why make a doctrine out of it"
I will never support making a doctrine out of it.
BUT
I do not deny the reality of the one who is oppressed

Whatever the name of the demon is inconsequential to the power of Christ flowing in me.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by donnie(m): 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2018
shadeyinka:

James 5:14
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

This is the scripture, but it isn't the formulae for healing. Of course people will misuse any scripture.

I used Keneth Haggins example because the fact that monkeys do not exist in the bible does not make his experience false.

Don't try to shift the goal post in the middle of the game. No one said the experiences aren't real. What we're saying is, do not use the wrong terminology. Don't encourage others to do so. These things cause problems in the church. Kenneth Hagin didn't call it monkey demon like you did, so you're wrong again.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by donnie(m): 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2018
Maestro21:

I was about to type this. Hagin repeated the story so many times. Even in Belivers authority. I have also watched many tapes of him. He said the demon looked like a monkey and not that it was a monkey spirit.

Nor mind am, God don catch am
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2018
Can you see yourself?
You are overly biased!

shadeyinka:

donnie:

Don't try to shift the goal post in the middle of the game. No one said the experiences aren't real. What we're saying is, do not use the wrong terminology. Don't encourage others to do so. These things cause problems in the church. Kenneth Hagin didn't call it monkey demon like you did, so you're wrong again.

Thank God there is a record.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by donnie(m): 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
shadeyinka:

Can you see yourself?
You are overly biased!

Thank God there is a record.

Is this you below or its your ghost?

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by donnie(m): 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2018
shadeyinka:

My aim isn't to change the topic. My aim iwas just to illustrate that men of God are not infallible.

The first time I heard of " Monkey Spirit" was from Keneth Haggin. It was amusing for me then. A demon looking like a Monkey and Jesus would not chase of it out because He expected Haggins to do it. Men of God make mistakes.

If many have created doctrines out of it does it mean all Christians apart from CE members have?

Is it scriptural to annoint people with oil in Jesus Name?
Have people made doctrines out of it?
Should we then cancel it because some people have made doctrine out of the use of the annointing oil?

Mr monkey spirit. grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
donnie:

Is this you below or its your ghost?
Didn't you ask for a clarification?
Was it not done?

Even in the pix attached, didn't you see the phrase
"A demon looking, like a Monkey".

Confirmed as biased!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by donnie(m): 8:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
shadeyinka:

Didn't you ask for a clarification?
Was it not done?

Even in the pix attached, didn't you see the phrase
"A demon looking, like a Monkey".

Confirmed as biased!

You couldn't help adding your opinion (monkey spirit) even while quoting Papa Hagin. tongue
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
donnie:

Mr monkey spirit. grin
Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by donnie(m): 8:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
shadeyinka:

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

O please... spare me all that. smiley
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That by shadeyinka(m): 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
donnie:

You couldn't help adding your opinion (monkey spirit) even while quoting Papa Hagin. tongue

That's not the point.
The fact that its meaning was pur in the same post conclude that you are out of steam and you need a foothold not to slip

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks Against LGBTQ Rise In The World (video) / Native Doctor Exposes "Pastor" Begging Him Online To Make Him Rich. Photos / Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.