Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria (29065 Views)

10 Most Competitive Courses To Study In Nigeria / Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / 10 Most Competitive Courses For JAMB 2018 Admission In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by CSTR2: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
profmsboi:
Federal;

1. University of Ilorin(Unilorin)

2. University of Lagos(Unilag)

3. Obafemi Awolowo University(O.A.U)

4. University of Ibadan(U.I)

5. Ahmadu Bello University(A.B.U)
The amount of applicants that uniben and unn gets every year is nearly double that of ABU .

Why not check jamb stats before creating bogus lists.

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
Lautechgossip:
Anytime I write articles on Jamb Cut of mark and Admission process, I always use the term “COMPETITIVE UNIVERSITIES“. What really are competitive Universities? Competitive Universities are those that everyone wants to gain admission into. These schools Usually have large number of applicants every year and at such difficult to gain admission into.

Apart from the fact that these schools are strict in their cut off point and admission process, there is a pride you have when you study in any of them. A student of the University of Ibadan will be proud to say, “I AM A UI STUDENT”. It is good attending a school you will be proud of.

A question comes to mind, what are really the very competitive Universities in Nigeria? See them below:

Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria

1. University of Ibadan (UI)

2. University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)

3. University of Benin (UNIBEN)

4. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)

5. University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)

6. Federal University of Technology Owerri

(FUTO)

7. University of Lagos (UNILAG)

8. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)

9. Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)

10. University of Calabar (UNICAL)

11. University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)

12. University of Jos (UNIJOS).

State Universities:

13. Lagos State University (LASU)

14. Delta State University

Private University:

15. Covenant Univeristy (CU)

What do you think about this guys? Which other school do you think should be on the list?

http://fabinfos.com/see-the-top-15-most-competitive-universities-in-nigeria/

who competitiveness help nonsense
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by profmsboi(m): 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
CSTR2:

The amount of applicants that uniben and unn gets every year is nearly double that of ABU .

Why not check jamb stats before creating bogus lists.

Them say competitive university, not university with the highest number of applicant
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by drealzum(m): 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2018
kolaaderin:
More like list of federal institutions, else for top competitive university, the like of Uniport, Unijos and Unicalabar should not be on that list. Some states owned Institution are way more competitive.
A list without FUTA at federal and LAUTECH at state level is incomplete and a beer parlor list .
UniJos is not competitive?
You are a funny man.
Why don't you come and run a programme here since it is not competitive.
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by CSTR2: 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2018
profmsboi:

Them say competitive university, not university with the highest number of applicant
What does competitive mean to you?

Is it not the applicants that make it competitive?

Why is Harvard more competitive than UI?
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by Lilimax(f): 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
Read somewhere recently that some Universities in Nigeria admits students
without JAMB result shocked
Such Universities will never be listed among the TOP universities in Nigeria embarassed
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by cpu2006(m): 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
UNIOSUN IS THE BEST
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by profmsboi(m): 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
CSTR2:

What does competitive mean to you?

Is it not the applicants that make it competitive?

Why is Harvard more competitive than UI?

Competitive in this sense, means academic performance by the students, not the number of applicant...
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by Kingzy4pep(m): 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2018
adextetoo:
What kind of Lie Muhammad list is this??

What is DELSU doing there?

Where is FUTA?
And when did Futa become a state university.

Also, I'm sure you didn't comprehend what the op wrote. Because if you did, you would know the criteria he used in making that list.
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by Oduwils222(m): 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2018
faithugo64:
angry are you asking us or telling us?
I don't get him as well.
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by adextetoo(m): 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
And when did Futa become a state university?

Borrow sense if you lack one, the topic states most competitive universities and under the heading it was separated into state and federal. Did I quote which is state or which is federal?...
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2018
I sight u futo
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by Ademidd: 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
Yeye list...Everyone will claim their school is competitive. No go read your book dey compile list up and down.
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by Kingzy4pep(m): 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
adextetoo:

Borrow sense if you lack one, the topic states most competitive universities and under the heading it was separated into state and federal. Did I quote which is state or which is federal?...
It's your Dad that needs to borrow sense. Must you insult to make a point. Tout.
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by CSTR2: 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2018
profmsboi:

Competitive in this sense, means academic performance by the students, not the number of applicant...
Academic performance of which student?

You are funny.

Is it not when you have higher number of applicants that you can extract high performing students. ?

What high performance have students in ABU, OAU or unilorin done that students in UNN and uniben have not replicated in double fold?
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by profmsboi(m): 1:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
CSTR2:

Academic performance of which student?

You are funny.

Is it not when you have higher number of applicants that you can extract high performing students. ?

What high performance have students in ABU, OAU or unilorin done that students in UNN and uniben have not replicated in double fold?

Na you sabi...

All the best bro
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by MegaStarr(m): 1:02pm On Mar 23, 2018
kolaaderin:
More like list of federal institutions, else for top competitive university, the like of Uniport, Unijos and Unicalabar should not be on that list. Some states owned Institution are way more competitive.
A list without FUTA at federal and LAUTECH at state level is incomplete and a beer parlor list .

My exact thoughts. Studied in Calabar, lived in Port Harcourt. Both schools have a lot of improvements to make before being listed as competitive.
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by perdollar(m): 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
Jhayeahsam01:
where is lautech
dey r not striking well
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by Wizklynd23(m): 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
Biased list,, where is BUK grin
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by Mayowa1056(m): 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
If you come here and type UNIOSUN nah thunder go fire you...
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by Johncuppa(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
Flaw! Where is LAUTECH? Strike action irrespective.
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by BrutalJab: 1:27pm On Mar 23, 2018
nwabobo:

AAU na university?
That is me assuming AAU means Ambrose Ali University.
What do you know about university?
No go dey sell ur gala and fanyogo there grin
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by Matrixluv: 1:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
Federal university of petroleum resources
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by NeeKlaus: 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2018
frankpro27:
Unizik is 3rd most sort after university from 2012 till dat. Get ur facts right
Lol...where did you see that one? Which Unizik? Just say it's competitive in the East... dazzall.
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by autonomous22: 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2018
Yes, very correct
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by sahm4u2nv(m): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
UI

First and the best!

Hit like if you're proud of your alma mater
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by dejiogundipe(m): 1:48pm On Mar 23, 2018
Where is Bayero University? una dey craze o!
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by Pengician(m): 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
Remove number 3 from that position.
Replace it with number 4 (OAU).

Number 3 can go to number 12.

Come and beat me. I'm at home.
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by comrChris(m): 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
frankpro27:
Unizik is 3rd most sort after university from 2012 till dat. Get ur facts right
Unizik was even the second most sort university in 2015 after Unilag.
I agree with him on those universities except for Unical, Uniport, Unijos.there is nothing competitive and important about these schools
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 1:54pm On Mar 23, 2018
Rikidony:
IGBOS DON TAKE OVER UNICAL. I DE VEX

How bros?
Re: Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria by aigboeben(m): 2:08pm On Mar 23, 2018
nwabobo:

AAU na university?

That is me assuming AAU means Ambrose Ali University.
Na creche?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Universities To Choose If From You Want To Study Computer Science / Disclaimer! The Miraculous FUTO Owerri Water Actually Came From Broken Pipeline! / Nans President:we Are Ready To Shut Down Federal Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.