Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

"Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS (3778 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 12:46am On Mar 27, 2018
sKeetz:

Read the part in bold.. Its there in black and white unless it means something else entirely. and I dont even have a single tattoo on me, I just hate when you fanatics cherry pick bible verses that suits your moral standing on social issues. Y'all are hypocrites.
lol

he didn't see that... hypocrisy has blinded his eyes
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 6:50am On Mar 27, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Indeed, but why should a Christian who ought to submit his body as vessels for righteousness see tattoo as the next step ?
now, you figure out that for yourself. Dont bring scriptures into it cos you will never find any scripture that condemns tatoo for christians .

The Pope is absolutely right!
I'm not a catholic but i must say
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 27, 2018
paxonel:
now, you figure out that for yourself. Dont bring scriptures into it cos you will never find any scripture that condemns tatoo for christians .

I know you a Bible genius, check my post did I outrightly say it's sin.... Do all Christians speak good of tattoos... Or because you have faith na others who aren't as strong in Faith as you are should now start speaking evil of your Faith......

You now telling me to figure it out... Ride on pastor

You also said I shouldn't bother bringing scriptures into it that I won't find... Hmmm anyways
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 27, 2018
Ubenedictus:
lol,

you guys and cherry picking the Bible unto your own confusion.

verse 27 says not to trim your beard or the sides of your head...I am sure you don't obey that passage, yet you are quick to accuse the pope of been a false prophet because of an old testament passage that no sane Christian obeys.

remove the log from your eyes.

Yea,,, the law is old testament... grin
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by CuteMadridista: 7:53am On Mar 27, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Yea,,, the law is old testament... grin
why do you take the tattoo part seriously but don't take the beard part the same way? could what influenced this be something outside the Bible? like where you were brought up? the family you grew up in?

I've met Christians who wouldn't eat pigs but saw nothing wrong in eating shellfishes
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista
why do you take the tattoo part seriously but don't take the beard part the same way? could what influenced this be something outside the Bible? like where you were brought up? the family you grew up in?
im usually afraid of going deep into the Bible here on nairaland mainly because of religious bigots and inconsistent atheists
I don't give what belongs to the children to dogs

What I mean is are you a Christian?

I've met Christians who wouldn't eat pigs but saw nothing wrong in eating shellfishes
there are many Christians many doctrines some do things for reasons unknown... You don't just judge a person, judge the established doctrines...

A Christian is free to do certain things....
I'll continue when you answer my quest if you a Christian or not
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by CuteMadridista: 8:11am On Mar 27, 2018
Ferisidowu:
im usually afraid of going deep into the Bible here on nairaland mainly because of religious bigots and inconsistent atheists
I don't give what belongs to the children to dogs

What I mean is are you a Christian?

there are many Christians many doctrines some do things for reasons unknown... You don't just judge a person, judge the established doctrines...

A Christian is free to do certain things....
I'll continue when you answer my quest if you a Christian or not

I'm an atheist but the question still stands regardless, I'm not here to argue as y'all are doing that between yourselves already

However I've witnessed most Christians pick and chose, take a look at Emmanystone pulling Leviticus verse and not realising many people are violating the beard part and I've NEVER seen her talk about the beard but quickly condemns those that don't take the tattoo part serious

These Christians I notice, pick and chose based on what they're taught by the environment, church, family and to a lesser extent, friends. this is also why some pick females wearing trousers, earrings etx as "sin" (deeper life) and some don't (CE)

You're free not to answer it, not that you can possibly answer it satisfactorily to your fellow Christians anyways let alone a doomed atheist like me wink
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

I'm an atheist but the question still stands regardless, I'm not here to argue as y'all are doing that between yourselves already

However I've witnessed most Christians pick and chose, take a look at Emmanystone pulling Leviticus verse and not realising many people are violating the beard part and I've NEVER seen her talk about the beard but quickly condemns those that don't take the tattoo part serious

These Christians I notice, pick and chose based on what they're taught by the environment, church, family and to a lesser extent, friends. this is also why some pick females wearing trousers, earrings etx as "sin" (deeper life) and some don't (CE)

You're free not to answer it, not that you can possibly answer it satisfactorily to your fellow Christians anyways let alone a doomed atheist like me wink

Exactly you got my point... I don't convince atheists I never learnt that from my Bible lolx

Enjoy your life bro.... Life's too short

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 8:29am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

@the bolded. You spoke the truth for once.

Meanwhile, that some Christians violate these laws does not invalidate that law. Some Christians lie, cheat, fornicate, give bribe, and some even commit abortion, but does that make those sins less sins? No. Will Jesus commend them and usher them into His kingdom if they don't repent? No. So, you have no point.

When Jesus gave that instructions He was not selective as to who shd or shd not keep them. If you are His follower do this, don't do that.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 8:39am On Mar 27, 2018
Ubenedictus:
lol,

you guys and cherry picking the Bible unto your own confusion.

verse 27 says not to trim your beard or the sides of your head...I am sure you don't obey that passage, yet you are quick to accuse the pope of been a false prophet because of an old testament passage that no sane Christian obeys.

remove the log from your eyes.
Do you know dishonesty is a sin? How did i cherry pick? Did you not see Cutting or trimming of beards in my post?
Christians violating that instruction does not make that law invalid. But for a clergy to preach for it,
So your Pope is right for urging priest to draw tattoos enh?

No wahala we shall meet the Lord, then all this defence of error shall be interesting.

Listen, if my Bishop Oyedepo appends Tattoo, i will condemn that teaching.

The Pope is not speaking for Jesus. Anyone who says do what the Lord has said don't do, is of the devil, square and simple. He knows who he stands for.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by CuteMadridista: 8:43am On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

@the bolded. You spoke the truth for once.

Meanwhile, that some Christians violate these laws does not invalidate that law. Some Christians lie, cheat, fornicate, give bribe, and some even commit abortion, but does that make those sins less sins? No. Will Jesus commend them and usher them into His kingdom if they don't repent? No. So, you have no point.

When Jesus gave that instructions He was not selective as to who shd or shd not keep them. If you are His follower do this, don't do that.

So you're saying a Christian that violates the beard instructions won't make heaven?
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 8:49am On Mar 27, 2018
Ferisidowu:

..check my post did I outrightly say it's sin
Then you are good.

You now telling me to figure it out... Ride on pastor
I'm not pastor

You also said I shouldn't bother bringing scriptures into it that I won't find... Hmmm anyways
the Pope never find any such thing in the scriptures that's why he is saying christians should not be afraid of tatoo. I'm confirming this because i have read and see no such thing in the bible.
The question is, where is this beliefs that tatoo is bad coming from?
Certainly, it's not from the bible but from humans who reason tatoo can damage the body which they may be right anyway
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 8:57am On Mar 27, 2018
sKeetz:

Read the part in bold.. Its there in black and white unless it means something else entirely. and I dont even have a single tattoo on me, I just hate when you fanatics cherry pick bible verses that suits your moral standing on social issues. Y'all are hypocrites.
What about it? because you violate it too makes it invalidated?
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 27, 2018
paxonel:

Then you are good.
I'm not pastor
the Pope never find any such thing in the scriptures that's why he is saying christians should not be afraid of tatoo. I'm confirming this because i have read and see no such thing in the bible.
The question is, where is this beliefs that tatoo is bad coming from?
Certainly, it's not from the bible but from humans who reason tatoo can damage the body which they may be right anyway
the issue am talking about is Christian liberty... Christian liberty if not properly used can be sin...
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 9:15am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

So you're saying a Christian that violates the beard instructions won't make heaven?
A transgressor of the law will not only transgress in one.
Matt 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Matthew:7:24

Anyone who calls himself a servant of God ought to know what his master wants and shd do those things.

You for instance does what your master satan wants you to do. He opposes God at every turn and you are doing a good job of that here, when the time for rewards come, you shall get yours, becos, for every labour, there's reward.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by CuteMadridista: 9:19am On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

A transgressor of the law will not only transgress in one.
Matt 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Matthew:7:24

Anyone who calls himself a servant of God ought to know what his master wants and shd do those things.

You for instance does what your master satan wants you to do. He opposes God at every turn and you are doing a good job of that here, when the time for rewards come, you shall get yours, becos, for every labour, there's reward.

Which makes me feel y'all aren't trying to save people at all but dictate to them

I've visited many churches in Nigeria and some abroad and I've NEVER heard a preacher preach the beard part but I've heard MANY preach against tattoos, a simple demographic shows that many more Nigerians are infact violating the beard rule and are even going to churches with those beards
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 9:38am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

Which makes me feel y'all aren't trying to save people at all but dictate to them

I've visited many churches in Nigeria and some abroad and I've NEVER heard a preacher preach the beard part but I've heard MANY preach against tattoos, a simple demographic shows that many more Nigerians are infact violating the beard rule and are even going to churches with those beards
So, that invalidates the law?
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by CuteMadridista: 9:45am On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

So, that invalidates the law?

My point here is how Christians preach a lot against tattoos while the same Christians rarely, if ever, preach against the beard part even though its in the same freaking verse and many men are coming to church already violating that law

you said anyone with tattoo won't be allowed into heaven, it means those that violate the beard rule aren't getting there either so I wonder why most churches watch their men heading to hell for violating the beard rule and rarely, if ever, say anything about it while they preach against tattoos even though their members with tattoo are very small compared to those violating the beard rule
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:57am On Mar 27, 2018
The Pope sees nothing wrong with tattoo not surprised.
"Can a vulture see anything wrong in feeding on corpse."
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 10:23am On Mar 27, 2018
CuteMadridista:

My point here is how Christians preach a lot against tattoos while the same Christians rarely, if ever, preach against the beard part even though its in the same freaking verse and many men are coming to church already violating that law

you said anyone with tattoo won't be allowed into heaven, it means those that violate the beard rule aren't getting there either so I wonder why most churches watch their men heading to hell for violating the beard rule and rarely, if ever, say anything about it while they preach against tattoos even though their members with tattoo are very small compared to those violating the beard rule
I ask you again, does violating that rule invalidate it?
Yes or No?
No serious Christian keeps beards. You can never become a worker in my church with beards, not to talk of trimming them. Before you become a worker, you get trained and are told how a Christian shd appear.

You are looking at bench warmers.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 11:15am On Mar 27, 2018
paxonel:

So Christian don't follow the OT? You a demon possessed can tell a Christian what part of the Bible to follow?

Yes, the pope is absolutely right because he works for your master.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Primesky(m): 11:37am On Mar 27, 2018
Very sorry! The Pope is wrong here. The Bible which is the authoritative word of God warns us against that. Lev. 19:28

The Pope is a human being and not God. He cannot set aside God's word with human reasoning.

Avoid tattoo, it doesn't just connect you with people, it opens you up to demonic activities.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by sKeetz(m): 11:52am On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

I ask you again, does violating that rule invalidate it?
Yes or No?
No serious Christian keeps beards. You can never become a worker in my church with beards, not to talk of trimming them. Before you become a worker, you get trained and are told how a Christian shd appear.

You are looking at bench warmers.

You just shoot yourself on the foot right here.

So no serious christian keeps beards but that same verse admonishes the 'serious' Christians to keep them.

grin grin cheesy
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 12:28pm On Mar 27, 2018
sKeetz:

So no serious christian keeps beards but that same verse admonishes the 'serious' Christians to keep them.

grin grin cheesy
Read what you typed again. Does it make sense to you? And you open your teeth when you can't even understand what you type with your own hands.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2018
sKeetz:

grin grin cheesy
Wow, pls take Comprehension seriously in school if you can manage to pass Jamb.

That verse says, if you are keeping beards like the Nazarites then keep it, if not, clean it out. No trimming by the sides.

Ce compré?

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by sKeetz(m): 12:48pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

Read what you typed again. Does it make sense to you? And you open your teeth when you can't even understand what you type with your own hands.

You no well I swear and you have very serious comprehension issues.
Emmanystone:

Wow, pls take Comprehension seriously in school if you can manage to pass Jamb.

That verse says, if you are keeping beards like the Nazarites then keep it, if not, clean it out. No trimming by the sides.

Ce compré?

Yet again twisting the bible to suit your own narrative. smh angry

and its Tu compre not ce compre, its not by force to speak french. grin
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 1:04pm On Mar 27, 2018
sKeetz:

You no well I swear and you have very serious comprehension issues.

Yet again twisting the bible to suit your own narrative. smh angry

and its Tu compre not ce compre, its not by force to speak french. grin
Whatever. Guy, you choose to worship satan, that's your headache. Don't put it others.

You don't eat your cake and have it. If you have marked yourself, that's your headache.

Gerarahia.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by sKeetz(m): 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

Whatever. Guy, you choose to worship satan, that's your headache. Don't put it others.

You don't eat your cake and have it. If you have marked yourself, that's your headache.

Gerarahia.

I know Satan only exists in your imagination but I rather worship him than a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully in the name of yahweh.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Primesky(m): 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2018
sKeetz:

I know Satan only exists in your imagination but if he weren't, I rather worship him than a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully in the name of yahweh.

My dear, regardless of whatever has made you hate God like this, I can tell you He still loves you and will forgive and accept you now if you come repentant to Him.

See, Satan does not like or love himself nor does he love his followers. All you see is pure pretence and deceit. The devils are only united when they want to destroy or deceive mankind. Love is an essence of God which they don't have and neither can they.

You are nothing like Satan, you are made in the image of God. Since Satan can not fight God, he pours out his anger on His image, more like people will do to the poster of an unpopular politician.

Come to Jesus Christ now. God is real and loving, please.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2018
sKeetz:

I know Satan only exists in your imagination but if he weren't, I rather worship him than a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully in the name of yahweh.
Hahahahahahahahaha. Enjoy your life.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 5:58pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

So Christian don't follow the OT?
follow the OT? grin
You this man, na illiteracy one kill you so o. Who tell you say them they follow OT?
I will simply advice you, go back to school and take it seriously.

You a demon possessed can tell a Christian what part of the Bible to follow?

Look at the person calling another person demon possessed, you can't even make a sensible sentence , what else is more demonic than that ? grin

Yes, the pope is absolutely right because he works for your master.
idiot! grin grin grin
Nor go look for school enrol first,
You go suffer.
You think say Pope na your mate?
Pope graduate for university o, check him profile!

Illiterate like you dey talk where better people dey talk,

C'mon get at ya AAA!!! grin grin

Ewu!
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 6:04pm On Mar 27, 2018
paxonel:
follow the OT? grin
You this man, na illiteracy one kill you so o. Who tell you say them they follow OT?
I will simply advice you, go back to school and take it seriously.

Look at the person calling another person demon possessed, you can't even make a sensible sentence , what else is more demonic than that ? grin
idiot! grin grin grin
Nor go look for school enrol first,
You go suffer.
You think say Pope na your mate?
Pope graduate for university o, check him profile!

Illiterate like you dey talk where better people dey talk,

C'mon get at ya AAA!!! grin grin

Ewu!
Hahahahahahahahaha. This laughter came deep down inside of me. What a poor wop you are.

Catholics don't follow Old Testament abi? Wait!!!!, am i actually having a discussion with this urchin? Oh Lawwwd. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman / Our Ultimate Purpose And God's Nature. / I am an Atheist ask me any questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.