Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

"Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS (3784 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 6:10pm On Mar 27, 2018
Ferisidowu:
the issue am talking about is Christian liberty... Christian liberty if not properly used can be sin...
that's true! Then let those who want to make good use of the liberty make good use of it. And let those who want to take the liberty for granted and begin to go into crimes and social vices on the account that they have tatoo on their body, face the full wrath of the law.
It's as simple as that.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 6:14pm On Mar 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

Hahahahahahahahaha. This laughter came deep down inside of me. What a poor wop you are.

Catholics don't follow Old Testament abi? Wait!!!!, am i actually having a discussion with this urchin? Oh Lawwwd. angry
get lost
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
paxonel:
get lost
Yimu. Small pikin wey still dey chop for him mama pot want follow adults talk. If no be say na something, i for slap your dirty mouth. Smelling armpits.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 27, 2018
buttlover:
The pontiff said tattoos could be used by young priests to connect to people they were trying to reach out to because tattoos often communicated information about a person.

Speaking during a meeting with young people at The Vatican, Pope Francis gave the example of Christian girls in Eritrea where a tattoo of a cross on their forehead were used as a symbol of beauty and religious faith.

He said: "The Eritreans for years made the cross here (the forehead). Also today we see them. The cross was tattooed."
He added: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." The tattoo could spark conversation and provide a way for a priest to find out more about an individual and connect with the "culture of the young", he explained.
Pope Francis said: "Tattoos often signify membership in a community.
the christian church never used tattoo to pass out message, tatoo originated from pagans.

Christians know that their body is the temple of the holy ghost and will not defile it with tattoos.

Roman catholic church has always promoted paganism and exalted Satan over God but her end will come.
She had lead billions of innocent souls astray.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by daroz(m): 6:28am On Mar 28, 2018
Ubenedictus:
funny enough I have read the koran , all my priest friends have the Koran in their personal library... that doesn't stop anyone from been a Christian.

From your name “Ubenedictus”, it’s very obvious you are Igbo, and majority of Igbo are Catholics , meaning you will likely support and behave like him (the Pope)and have his kind of mentality.

How can a real Christian will so fraternise with a religion which is constantly antagonising his Christian faith up to the extent of fellowshiping and worshiping with them in their Santuary , praying to their god , reading their holy book and even keeping it in their library.

Infact anytime I check the history of Rome and Vertical , I am sometimes tempted to feel that the Muslim world today is almost what the catholic world was so many years ago.
Even up till now , they have some distinctive similarities.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
paxonel:
that's true! Then let those who want to make good use of the liberty make good use of it. And let those who want to take the liberty for granted and begin to go into crimes and social vices on the account that they have tatoo on their body, face the full wrath of the law.
It's as simple as that.
lolz it's not... That you are the choose to either be your Christian Brothers keeper or not... As a Christian shouldn't you be your brother's keeper?
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2018
daroz:

From your name “Ubenedictus”, it’s very obvious you are Igbo, and majority of Igbo are Catholics , meaning you will likely support and behave like him (the Pope)and have his kind of mentality.

How can a real Christian will so fraternise with a religion which is constantly antagonising his Christian faith up to the extent of fellowshiping and worshiping with them in their Santuary , praying to their god , reading their holy book and even keeping it in their library.

Infact anytime I check the history of Rome and Vertical , I am sometimes tempted to feel that the Muslim world today is almost what the catholic world was so many years ago.
To me, the Roman Catholic Church isn't different from the assembly of Satan.

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by mmachi96(f): 5:41pm On Mar 29, 2018
paxonel:
you have not answered my question.
Leviticus was old testament, christianity started in new testament.
Show me in new testament where early apostles were asked not to tatoo
My dear christianity have been since the old testament. Christianity started from the Very first day God the Father, The Son and Holy spirit came together to make man after His image and likeness. Christianity means Christlike both in conduct and way of life. That was God's original plan for man until man fell. Before Jesus have to come in human form. Though the apostle were first called christians in the new testament does not mean christianity started then.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
mmachi96:
My dear christianity have been since the old testament. Christianity started from the Very first day God the Father, The Son and Holy spirit came together to make man after His image and likeness
this is what they made you to believe in church abi?
You will learn something new today,
Christianity started after Jesus resurrected, that was the beginning of salvation.

Christianity means Christlike both in conduct and way of life.
this is another error from church teachings! Please o, no one has ever and will ever live like Christ.
A scripture says all have sinned, so churches are not telling you the truth.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2018
Ferisidowu:
lolz it's not... That you are the choose to either be your Christian Brothers keeper or not... As a Christian shouldn't you be your brother's keeper?
when it comes to people opinion you can't detect for other people saying you are their brother's keeper.
It's a free world!
Everyone is entitled to their right
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2018
paxonel:
when it comes to people opinion you can't detect for other people saying you are their brother's keeper.
It's a free world!
Everyone is entitled to their right
I guess the Bible isn't the same then.... You certainly didn't get my point on the previous post....

Anyways, let's do right and always consider the weak brethren
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by johnw47: 6:14am On Mar 30, 2018
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

the mark of the beast, which the beast out of the earth-the false phophet will cause people to receive on their forehead or right hand could be a tattoo,

the mark could be a tattoo:

mark
G5480

χάραγμα
charagma
khar'-ag-mah
From the same as G5482; a scratch or etching, that is, stamp (as a badge of servitude), or sculptured figure (statue): - graven, mark.
Total KJV occurrences: 9

did someone say that pope is encouraging tattoos
tattoos are so common these days, it won't be hard to have people take the mark, if it's a tattoo

1 Like

Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2018
Ferisidowu:

To me, the Roman Catholic Church isn't different from the assembly of Satan.
you must also imagine that an assembly of Satan gave you the new testament canon and from 200ad to 1600ad when Protestantism began all the Christian living then went to hell as they were the assembly of Satan.

you just don't realise that if Catholicism is satanic so too is the new testament canon, so too all of Christian history until the Reformation.

instead the truth is that you all schism out of the Catholic Church, the Catholic Church is the true Church and you guys are the division in the body of Christ which is condemned in the Bible as sinful
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2018
Emmanystone:

Do you know dishonesty is a sin? How did i cherry pick? Did you not see Cutting or trimming of beards in my post?
Christians violating that instruction does not make that law invalid. But for a clergy to preach for it,
So your Pope is right for urging priest to draw tattoos enh?

No wahala we shall meet the Lord, then all this defence of error shall be interesting.

Listen, if my Bishop Oyedepo appends Tattoo, i will condemn that teaching.

The Pope is not speaking for Jesus. Anyone who says do what the Lord has said don't do, is of the devil, square and simple. He knows who he stands for.
lol, you have brought out obsolete commands just to bring condemnation, commands I'm sure you guys don't obey, you guys trim your beard and your hair which is condemned and you are here talking about tatoo, I will bet you are wearing a cloth made from more than one type of fabric which leventicus condemns but you don't obey those one but present these obsolete laws to condemn the pope that is cherry picking.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2018
solite3:
the christian church never used tattoo to pass out message, tatoo originated from pagans.

Christians know that their body is the temple of the holy ghost and will not defile it with tattoos.

Roman catholic church has always promoted paganism and exalted Satan over God but her end will come.
She had lead billions of innocent souls astray.
actually it seems the Church in Ethiopia did use tattoo to spread out the message.

not everything is paganism, you guys seems so focused on labelling things that you have missed the message.

nothing u eat drink or even draw that defile the body, nothing that goes in defiles, it is what comes out that is the defilement.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 12:48pm On Apr 07, 2018
daroz:

of course my username is ubenedictus and it indicate I am Christian and Catholic... but I'm not Igbo, stop the ethnic profiling.

the Bible say follow peace with all men, before Paul preach in Athens he went around and saw what they worshipped and saw the image of the unknown God which was the basis of his teaching, if you don't know what they believe and you are seen as antagonistic then you have little hope of converting them.

lastly when I check the violent origins of Protestantism I also see the similarities with the Muslim fundamentalist.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
The Pope sees nothing wrong with tattoo not surprised.

"Can a vulture see anything wrong in feeding on corpse."

here comes the Pharisees and the teachers of the law
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
Emmanystone:

So Christian don't follow the OT? You a demon possessed can tell a Christian what part of the Bible to follow?

Yes, the pope is absolutely right because he works for your master.
which Christian follows old testament laws are you a sabbatarian?
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 12:59pm On Apr 07, 2018
Primesky:

Very sorry! The Pope is wrong here. The Bible which is the authoritative word of God warns us against that. Lev. 19:28

The Pope is a human being and not God. He cannot set aside God's word with human reasoning.

Avoid tattoo, it doesn't just connect you with people, it opens you up to demonic activities.

do you also avoid trimming your beard and wearing clothes made of two fabric types because the law also condemns that.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2018
Emmanystone:

Hahahahahahahahaha. This laughter came deep down inside of me. What a poor wop you are.

Catholics don't follow Old Testament abi? Wait!!!!, am i actually having a discussion with this urchin? Oh Lawwwd. angry
now you laugh and call someone urchin... you know what that means?
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 1:36pm On Apr 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:
now you laugh and call someone urchin... you know what that means?
Yes i do. Don't you? Will he stop being an urchin if i don't call him that?
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Emmanystone: 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:
which Christian follows old testament laws are you a sabbatarian?
What do you understand by 'follow old Testament?'
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:
actually it seems the Church in Ethiopia did use tattoo to spread out the message.

not everything is paganism, you guys seems so focused on labelling things that you have missed the message.

nothing u eat drink or even draw that defile the body, nothing that goes in defiles, it is what comes out that is the defilement.
Ethiopian Orthodox Church use Tabbot, not Tattoo. It’s the only church which uses Tabbot and also to be highly influenced by Judaism.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:
here comes the Pharisees and the teachers of the law

A Pharisee calling a freeman in Christ a Pharisee.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:39pm On Apr 07, 2018
paxonel:
this is what they made you to believe in church abi?
You will learn something new today,
Christianity started after Jesus resurrected, that was the beginning of salvation.
this is another error from church teachings! Please o, no one has ever and will ever live like Christ.
A scripture says all have sinned, so churches are not telling you the truth.

All have sinned but not anymore through Christ those who believe have passed from being a sinner to becoming the very righteousness of God.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

All have sinned but not anymore through Christ those who believe have passed from being a sinner to becoming the very righteousness of God.
That is very true!
But it does not mean that believers do not commit sin
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2018
paxonel:

That is very true!
But it does not mean that believers do not commit sin

A believer in Christ that commit sin is not a sinner, for being a sinner is more than an act.
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by paxonel(m): 6:51am On Apr 08, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

A believer in Christ that commit sin is not a sinner, for being a sinner is more than an act.
you are very correct
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Syncan(m): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2018
Let me join in throwing around scripture passages.

Lev.19:19

“You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.

Deut.22:8

"When you build a new house, put a parapet around the roof, so that you do not bring bloodguilt upon your house if someone falls off.

James 2:10

"For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all".
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2018
Syncan:
Let me join in throwing around scripture passages.

Lev.19:19

“You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.

Deut.22:8

"When you build a new house, put a parapet around the roof, so that you do not bring bloodguilt upon your house if someone falls off.

James 2:10

"For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all".
I hope the accusers follow those laws
Re: "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS by Ubenedictus(m): 8:02pm On Apr 08, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

A Pharisee calling a freeman in Christ a Pharisee.
at least we all can see who among us is trying to put Christians under the bondage of the law

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? / Who Do Christian Worship - God, Jesus Or Their Pastors? / Gaining The World, But Losing Your Soul?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.