Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? (2345 Views)

What Are Your Plans For Valentines Day? / LMAO: See What A Guy Did After His GF Asked Him To Choose Between Her & His Dog / Photo; April Fool Prank, Message A Guy Sent To His Gf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by Balthier(m): 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2007
Back on V-day weekend, me and my girl spent a good amount of the weekend together. To my suprise she got me something for Valentines day, it was a diary. She said, " this is something you can write all your first times and good memories" (Mind you she is my first GF) . Me and her have been together about 2 months and half, despite the distance we have been making it work. Shes actually gonna be in town this coming week cuz of her spring break from school.

The thing is Im not sure what to write. Does she want me to write about times I spend with her or does she want me to actually write about my everyday life? I didnt mean to procrastinate but I know I want to have some writing in there. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by alabiyemmy(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2007
A dairy is to write anything - look up the meaning in a dictionary and see what u can write in there - anything - from your time with her to anything that u fancy.
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by ugodaniel(m): 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2007
Why don't you write the worst, craziest, dirtiest and wankiest things you ever did and still do and then invite her to peep into ya world! shocked

my suggestions though
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by orp: 4:52pm On Mar 11, 2007
First of all show deep appreciation for her token of love,make her know you have been making use of the diary and start writting memorable events like the day you give your life to our Lord Jesus Christ if you are a Muslim write the day you got converted,the first day you met her,the day you prayed for and all those memorable things and what Will make her know you care for her
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by Badman888(m): 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2007
you should even be happy self, i heard one that a girl gave a guy hand towel and much worse anyhow so u should be happy with the gift, just write out your daily activites and things you have to do and all that. As 4 me if i receie a diary it would just keep it in my cupboard i cant write activities of what i do in my life down
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by OmoEko1(f): 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2007
Badman888:

you should even be happy self, i heard one that a girl gave a guy hand towel and much worse anyhow so u should be happy with the gift, just write out your daily activites and things you have to do and all that. As 4 me if i receie a diary it would just keep it in my cupboard i can't write activities of what i do in my life down
blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, liar. a girl has never given u a gift before to u better be happy if she gave u a DAIRY. rolling eyes@the topic
write about your happiest moment your both share and other feelings.

NA WA OOOOOOOO y will u give a guy a diary, it's better not to receive a gift at all
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by ima1(f): 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2007
well you could use it to write down your feelings lol or list of girls you wanna sleep with. but why would she give u a diary, maybe she was broke
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by lauryn(f): 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2007
keep track of her MC, so U could know when she's PMSing and shit! grin
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by ima1(f): 6:37pm On Mar 11, 2007
lauryn:

keep track of her MC, so U could know when she's PMSing and shit! grin

thats a good idea.
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by cuteass1(f): 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2007
@ Balthier

dear, there are many things you can write in the diary . . . . you can start by writing the first day you met her, what you felt and stuff. . . . . . write the first day you asked her out, her reaction, . . . . . .the first day you kissed . . . . . . . made love(if you have). . . . .how she makes you feel . . . . . . what you guys have experienced. . . . .and others

p.s: don't put your past love experience in the diary ooo , since that might cause unnecessary quarrels. . . . . from a jealous partner, and writing it in the book will be a constant reminder.

I wish you guys luck, that's a good girl you've got there, take care of her wink
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by Balthier(m): 9:10am On Mar 12, 2007
well you could use it to write down your feelings lol or list of girls you want to sleep with. but why would she give u a diary, maybe she was broke

Believe me my friend she is FAR from broke, lol. Thank you guys for your feedback.

SO I can assume at some point she might want to read it, correct?
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by jaybaby(f): 11:40am On Mar 12, 2007
To write Stuffs naw --What else?
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by hotangel2(f): 12:18pm On Mar 12, 2007
Some people are stupid in a very funny way shaaa. hanhan,

Anyways @thread, darl, I am actually the kind of Girl that would give a diary to a guy and yes ON Valentine's day. Not just that though, it would be coupled with something else. And No, that doesn't mean im broke.

What would i Appreciate you doing with the dairy?? Well since it's a diary and not a journal, it most likely would have dates on it.

Most diaries don't have lots of spaces per day, so i would want highlights of what happened or something close to that.

Incase she gave you a diary that has like a page per day, i would say that you elaborate more on whatever happened. And no, it doesn't have to be like. . . .  "i got up, i went to the door, i brushed, i went to work, i came home, i slept, I drank and i Washed".
Noooo, not at all.

If you have The kind that gives you space, lets say i'm your girlfriend, i would want to see things like.

"well, today was actually a bad day for me. I woke up, went to work, and i got back but had a lot to do and couldn't call my baby, she must have been thinking i ignored her, but i really didn't, it was just that i was truely busy. Anyways, it got better because after i got done with work, i called her, and we talked for hours/minutes. I really wish we are together and not soo far away from each other".
OR
"well today was an interesting day, I went out with the boys and we saw the basketball game together. Talked to my baby, and slept of".
OR
"Ohh Heaven, "your girls name" really made me angry today. I forgive her though because i wasn't especting this relationship to be all lovey-dovey, the important thing is, we were able to work things out. "
OR
"Diary, you don't want to hear about this"
OR
"I am writing in here because i don't want to leave this space empty today, even though there's nothing to write about, I just want to fill this space in, because Diary, having you is like having a part of my baby here".

Seriously, i am telling you. . . .  Little things can make a girl happy.

When she comes home for spring break, make it known to her that, you aint really the "diary" type of guy, but you appreciate it.  Just write some basic stuff, like a movie you watched. . . . Try and get deeper by putting in some stuffs that happened that really pissed you off or made you happy. Write in your feelings (Not all of your feelings, because she might want to read it, and you don't want her head to swell, thinking that you are sweating her more than she's sweating you. Nna she will take you for granted. Just write feelings moderately).
You don't really have to "PUT Your life in there" Because, hunnie you never know, you might misplace that diary and it will get in the hands of the WRONG person. It should be something you would be willing to share with at least 75-80% of the people you know.

It doesnt have to be 'cooked' up. Just say things that happened, and if you are really feeling this girl (I don't want to use the word Love, because y'all been dating for just two months), i would want to think that, you are not 'seeing' another girl, and would want to hide it from her.

If you know you clean, and aint got nothing to hide, you shouldnt have a problem writing something you wouldn't mind your girl reading in there.

OVERALL: Some things are better left UNSAID. Sheeey you understand now??
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by cuteass1(f): 12:22am On Mar 13, 2007
Balthier:

SO I can assume at some point she might want to read it, correct?

Damn correct, she would want to read it but not necessarily in your presence    , but believe me, whatever she finds out will determine what you get.

You'll either get   a "darling, i love you soo much smile and attitude" or if your diary brought in any no nos then expect an angry lioness at you

Just like hot-angel said, you don't have to put your whole life into it   , just make it sweet, romantic, loving but at the same time general

Just hang on in there, it shall be well wink
Re: Whats A Guy To Do When His Gf Gets Him A Diary For Valentines Day? by Balthier(m): 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2007
Good stuff guys, its funny cuz the other day we were at the bookstore and she was looking at journals and she said" hey did u ever write anything in the diary i gave you?". I told Ive been writing stuff in it for while now (mind u its been a month since i got it), she smiled. She was like" Oh after i gave u the gift i wasnt sure if u were gonna write in it or not".

(1) (Reply)

Engagement Is Called Off: Who Keeps The Ring? / She Is Prettier Than Me! / hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.