Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry (20804 Views)

My Ministry, My Marriage! / How I Get Money To Run My Ministry — TB Joshua / Ukpai's Prophesies That Changed My Ministry's Fortunes - Rev. Nwachukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by freecocoa(f): 9:56am On Mar 26, 2018
Oga nobody called you anything, you are looking to make money off gullible people, good thing your wife still has a conscience.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by freecocoa(f): 9:58am On Mar 26, 2018
obataokenwa:
Presently I told my fiancee that if she ever want to stop me from serving God, I will pray day and night with strong fasting that God should kill her so I won't fail in His plan and purpose. That aspect my fiancee dont dare interfere and she loves me more cos of my zeal for the things of God
See them. Liar liar.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Mznaett: 10:24am On Mar 26, 2018
Audray:
Aw.Thanks. "Hi" to you too! wink

*Smiles*
Such a bad girl. wink
Have a beautiful day ahead.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by lasisi69(f): 11:17am On Mar 26, 2018
Happychildlove:
u have been on break, where did u go?
no where o... Been here....
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by lasisi69(f): 11:17am On Mar 26, 2018
Oche211:

chai!!! Naim u come lost abi make i say disappear here?
With the multitudes of end time things going on here on nairaland, we need a faithful endtime preacher to constantly remind Seun and his mods.
of course, I will....
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Happychildlove(f): 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
lasisi69:
no where o... Been here....
ok

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by ihatesycophant(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2018
mapet:

This is how some of you twist narratives and the scriptures and also quote scriptures out of context. let's start with some few things in this your post and the other one.

1. Yes I am assuming, just like you and anyone else. God's call to him is personal. It cannot follow a template. You cannot tell him ho-ha a pattern HIS call should follow.
2. There have been many instances where a "spirit-filled" individual has his/her greatest cross in his/her partner. There has been instances where wife's/girl-friends of pastors/would-be pastors are not supportive. In some cases the relationship crashes, in other cases they find a way to get to a compromise and in others she gives her total support. What this person in question is asking his how will he go about it. You lot have all the answers from a supposed template.
3. From the bolded, what makes you think he's not done all that? What if God is tell him to do some other things to get her on board? If you were a christian counselor, and a young aspiring pastor comes to you with this "problem", you mean to tell me your answer will be "If truly you're spirit filled, immediately you received the mandate and you confined in your wife and she gave negative reply, since that day you suppose to have gone on your knees and ask God to convince her by a sign[/i]" This is why people walk away from some of you supposed spiritual leaders worse off and more disappointed.
4. What is the use of this out of context scriptures you quoted here to the discussion at hand? [i]"The Bible says, until they see a sign they would not believe"
I guess you are a bible reader, yet you muddled up a different scripture to explain? hmm....

Just like I keep saying.......

What if he's done all these (prayed earnestly, fasted, etc) and she's still adamant?
Mr. man, you're jumping into issue you know next to nothing about. The comment you reacted to wasn't my first one. The comment here is a reaction to his own comment. No saner person would just jump and say, are you spirit filled.
I've seen the way you're reacting to comments of people when actually you're not the one issue bothered, except you're the same pastor he want to partner with.
As I did said, the God of universal is not a God of confusion, he profusely does a thing and not make it vague. You forgot that the first ministry of a man is his family. How do you think God would now cause disharmony between this man and his wife because he wanted him to establish a church. The workings of God is never like that. He'll do everything to convince the woman. Where not talking of relationship that is only friendship but legal union except they've not wedded. Remember the guy didn't say his wife is not born again and not say is not spirit filled but just not wanting him to partner with another person to own a church or live the church they are going.
The man has the obligation to guide and protect his family and that is why he need to go back to God in prayers if truly he has inner conviction that God called him to ministry.
The rest of your argument is pure poo. I can imagine what the guy didn't mention in his comments. Keep your imagination to yourself.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
Demzlent:
Please I need a good advice from my Christian brothers and sisters

I and my wife are attending a big Church which she loves a lot,she is even the one that made me to be attending the Church. I have a calling which I'm sure of
Then late last year a fellow Christian who is a minister of God called me that we should start a ministry together, I agreed and we started working on.
The ministry is starting today and my wife is insisting that I should not go that if I go she will divorce me. She even called the man we are to start the ministry together and threatened him
Please what should I do? Help me.
Should I go ahead?
Bros are you sure of your calling, I meant are you very sure about it. It's good to be sure about your calling before you dive into it. I know of my calling, and people around me can attest to it. Even though I've neglected it for sometime now but by His grace I will fully continue. Sometimes ago I also wanted to join a brother in the work of the ministry but the LORD told me NO! I shouldn't and He showed me a revelation about him. You see apart from your wife telling you No, you should also have your confirmation from God concerning joining ministry with the other brother, after then you can explain to your wife and ask God to speak to her for you, wishing you all the best in the work of the ministry, Amen.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Gullah: 7:05pm On Mar 26, 2018
E no concern me
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by mapet: 7:52am On Mar 27, 2018
ihatesycophant:
Mr. man, you're jumping into issue you know next to nothing about. The comment you reacted to wasn't my first one. The comment here is a reaction to his own comment. No saner person would just jump and say, are you spirit filled.
I've seen the way you're reacting to comments of people when actually you're not the one issue bothered, except you're the same pastor he want to partner with.
As I did said, the God of universal is not a God of confusion, he profusely does a thing and not make it vague. You forgot that the first ministry of a man is his family. How do you think God would now cause disharmony between this man and his wife because he wanted him to establish a church. The workings of God is never like that. He'll do everything to convince the woman. Where not talking of relationship that is only friendship but legal union except they've not wedded. Remember the guy didn't say his wife is not born again and not say is not spirit filled but just not wanting him to partner with another person to own a church or live the church they are going.
The man has the obligation to guide and protect his family and that is why he need to go back to God in prayers if truly he has inner conviction that God called him to ministry.
The rest of your argument is pure poo. I can imagine what the guy didn't mention in his comments. Keep your imagination to yourself.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
....except you're the same pastor he want to partner with.
Oh! it has come to this? This is frustration at its lowest ebb you're demonstrating. I'm tempted to ask, are you struggling with critical reasoning or simply frustrated that your simplistic point have been punctured?

1. "God of Universal"? What crap is that? to start with? So you want to tell me that in all situations, wives of prophets or spiritual leaders either in the bible or history have been on the same page with their husband? Then you are as ignorant as I imagine. Go learn your bible and your history.....

2. God is not a God of confusion......absolutely YES. God also is not a robot guider. He gives man free will and that is why we do things out of our own volition until we submit to him. I laid a simple alternative reasoning, not only are you struggling with it, you get frustrated. What if God has actually revealed to his wife ........ and she is the one resisting? Why will a Christian wife threaten her husband with Divorce? You think everything in life is that simple? You think our simple reasoning is the only way God moves? What if it is actually the acid test for this guy in question, God testing to see if he can pass a simple test of winning his wife over, before he can entrust a Ministry to him. They guy came here seeking for advise, you lot roll out templates of condemnations, bringing extraneous issues outside the points he raised. The guy said he's prayed, and done all that......yet you cannot come up with deeper insights. I tire for you people with "unsound" minds

3. Yes, go back to God in prayers to touch his wife is a plausible idea, good one at that........but he said he's done that, so what next? I believe that is why he's come here for advise.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by ihatesycophant(m): 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
mapet:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oh! it has come to this? This is frustration at its lowest ebb you're demonstrating. I'm tempted to ask, are you struggling with critical reasoning or simply frustrated that your simplistic point have been punctured?

1. "God of Universal"? What crap is that? to start with? So you want to tell me that in all situations, wives of prophets or spiritual leaders either in the bible or history have been on the same page with their husband? Then you are as ignorant as I imagine. Go learn your bible and your history.....

2. God is not a God of confusion......absolutely YES. God also is not a robot guider. He gives man free will and that is why we do things out of our own volition until we submit to him. I laid a simple alternative reasoning, not only are you struggling with it, you get frustrated. What if God has actually revealed to his wife ........ and she is the one resisting? Why will a Christian wife threaten her husband with Divorce? You think everything in life is that simple? You think our simple reasoning is the only way God moves? What if it is actually the acid test for this guy in question, God testing to see if he can pass a simple test of winning his wife over, before he can entrust a Ministry to him. They guy came here seeking for advise, you lot roll out templates of condemnations, bringing extraneous issues outside the points he raised. The guy said he's prayed, and done all that......yet you cannot come up with deeper insights. I tire for you people with "unsound" minds

3. Yes, go back to God in prayers to touch his wife is a plausible idea, good one at that........but he said he's done that, so what next? I believe that is why he's come here for advise.
Mr. man, all I see here is you're just bleating and don't know your Bible at all.
There are qualifications for any one that want to become officer in the household of God either as a pastor, Bishop, deacon or what have you. This is expressly stated in the book of 1 Timothy 3. Read this excerpt from the Bible chapter:
1 Timothy 3:3-7
"not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap".
I did mentioned in my last comment that the first ministry of every man is his family. Any man that cannot manage his family is not fit to manage a church. In this note, he must find away of settling the issue with his wife and I have stated how he can do that both in my first comment and the second and even the one I commented in yours. He must not allow his wife to divorce him because of establishing a church.
You must put in my that his wife did not say don't worship God but the issue in contention is don't partner to establish a church and don't live a church. If he's not marry, he's to himself. In this case he must do everything within his power spiritually to win his wife, if truly he got such mandate to head an assembly.
You can go back to my first comment and read and also read his own reply to it.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Mujtahida: 12:02am On Mar 28, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

We know you're a thief and I rightly endorse that since most people are so unintelligent to think.

Anyways, I know you wanna be counted among the league of men of god who own numerous private jets in their hanger.

May your plans be achieved in Satan's name. Amen
Thieves of souls
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by kunletexs: 10:03am On Mar 28, 2018
Demzlent:
Please I need a good advice from my Christian brothers and sisters

I and my wife are attending a big Church which she loves a lot,she is even the one that made me to be attending the Church. I have a calling which I'm sure of
Then late last year a fellow Christian who is a minister of God called me that we should start a ministry together, I agreed and we started working on.
The ministry is starting today and my wife is insisting that I should not go that if I go she will divorce me. She even called the man we are to start the ministry together and threatened him
Please what should I do? Help me.
Should I go ahead?

when you have a calling and if it is true calling from God, there is no need waiting for your wife's approval. go ahead and start it but first of all, get to the Lord who called you to know if, when and even the association you are trying to go into with the ministry is of God not your wife or anything else.

best of luck
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by mapet: 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
ihatesycophant:

Mr. man, all I see here is you're just bleating and don't know your Bible at all.
There are qualifications for any one that want to become officer in the household of God either as a pastor, Bishop, deacon or what have you. This is expressly stated in the book of 1 Timothy 3. Read this excerpt from the Bible chapter:
1 Timothy 3:3-7
"not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap".
I did mentioned in my last comment that the first ministry of every man is his family. Any man that cannot manage his family is not fit to manage a church. In this note, he must find away of settling the issue with his wife and I have stated how he can do that both in my first comment and the second and even the one I commented in yours. He must not allow his wife to divorce him because of establishing a church.
You must put in my that his wife did not say don't worship God but the issue in contention is don't partner to establish a church and don't live a church. If he's not marry, he's to himself. In this case he must do everything within his power spiritually to win his wife, if truly he got such mandate to head an assembly.
You can go back to my first comment and read and also read his own reply to it.

There is no clap emoticon here else I would have given you........ grin grin grin grin but this is how you "immature" folks just read text and you think bamm! there goes........

1. Let's start from your supposition from the scripture you quoted here.....Is it not about the quest to "manage his family" that he's come to you for advise? Did he come to you to tell him how "terrible/Mistaken/Bad/etc he is? The mistake you're making is that the guy in question most like is familiar with 1 Timothy 3:3-7 as I am? Does that answer his challenges where his life's longing is yet to be fulfilled? The guy is telling you he has a burden, he longs to answer his calling, yet his wife is threatening him with Divorce, threatening even the Pastor that invited him to start a ministry......... Don't you see that you have a case that needs real counselling for this couple?

2. How come you're quick to castigate this man for his quest to answer a spiritual call, yet find it tactfully convenient to excuse a wife (supposedly christian wife) that threatens to Divorce?

My simple submission to you (and many others in your line of thoughts are these)

You are far from being good counselors. You terrible listeners. You are quick to provide your answers, yet miss a lot on the small details. You jump to quote the scriptures, yet what you do with it does more harm than good. Think about this

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by ihatesycophant(m): 10:40pm On Mar 28, 2018
a
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by ihatesycophant(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2018
mapet:

There is no clap emoticon here else I would have given you........ grin grin grin grin but this is how you "immature" folks just read text and you think bamm! there goes........

1. Let's start from your supposition from the scripture you quoted here.....Is it not about the quest to "manage his family" that he's come to you for advise? Did he come to you to tell him how "terrible/Mistaken/Bad/etc he is? The mistake you're making is that the guy in question most like is familiar with 1 Timothy 3:3-7 as I am? Does that answer his challenges where his life's longing is yet to be fulfilled? The guy is telling you he has a burden, he longs to answer his calling, yet his wife is threatening him with Divorce, threatening even the Pastor that invited him to start a ministry......... Don't you see that you have a case that needs real counselling for this couple?

2. How come you're quick to castigate this man for his quest to answer a spiritual call, yet find it tactfully convenient to excuse a wife (supposedly christian wife) that threatens to Divorce?

My simple submission to you (and many others in your line of thoughts are these)

You are far from being good counselors. You terrible listeners. You are quick to provide your answers, yet miss a lot on the small details. You jump to quote the scriptures, yet what you do with it does more harm than good. Think about this

I did said it that you're jumping into issue you know next to nothing about. I referred you to my first comment but you blindly refused to check it. Here extracted for your digest. " God can not call you and not make a way. Ask God to reveal himself to your wife that truly He was the one that called you.
Again, your mission statement of calling may not be to establish a new church. May be that was why God has not revealed himself to your wife. God is never a God of confusion, if truly he want you to break away from your church, He would have revealed it to your wife even in a slightest way to serve as conviction to her.
Well, continue praying and tell God to make the call profound and clearer so that your wife will feel it because between two or three a matter shall be established".
The above was my advice to him and what he can do because it would be unChristian for me to advice him to break away from his wife because he received a call to be a pastor. That would go against God's agenda for marriage. Because God says he hates divorce. And for a man that is legally married, every spiritual assignment he received he must find a way of carrying his wife along else he has turbulent home. He must do everything within his spiritual power to align him in the assignment. It will be suicidal for him to go into full ministry within his first ministry involvement.
Now see his reply to my first comment. " What if God has and she is resisting?".
This was his simple reply to my comment showing he understood and digested my comment while you that is taken panadol than the bereaved is finding it hard and pain to understand. I'm thinking, you're the man that is luring him to partner with you or just one of the atheists on this forum. I'm still bothered while you put this case so personal that the person I even advised has taken it in good faith.
Pls if you're angry that I have boast your bubbles, you can as well try another strategy to lure him. The guy is not my family member. I've given him what he ought to know and need in such situation.
As the Lord liveth anyone going into ministry and scatter his family cannot enjoy any grace in that ministry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biodun & Busola Never Dated: COZA Reacts To Rape Scandal, Blames Jealous Pastors / Demonic Convenant With Attachment, Weavon, Relaxer And Others (PART2) / Bad Habits Christians Should Drop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.