Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry (20790 Views)

My Ministry, My Marriage! / How I Get Money To Run My Ministry — TB Joshua / Ukpai's Prophesies That Changed My Ministry's Fortunes - Rev. Nwachukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by achiever12: 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
Demzlent:
Please I need a good advice from my Christian brothers and sisters

I and my wife are attending a big Church which she loves a lot,she is even the one that made me to be attending the Church. I have a calling which I'm sure of
Then late last year a fellow Christian who is a minister of God called me that we should start a ministry together, I agreed and we started working on.
The ministry is starting today and my wife is insisting that I should not go that if I go she will divorce me. She even called the man we are to start the ministry together and threatened him
Please what should I do? Help me.
Should I go ahead?

Having the gift of teaching, evangelism, prophecy, praying, intercessory or deliverance DOES NOT qualify you to open your own church. If you aren't proud, please join the church you are in now and be a worker there.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Meel: 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by judges: 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
you need to know while she is insisting and or is self interest before you need to seek the face of God. you can also find out through your wife best friend or involve your mentor wife if you both have. thanks
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Kaxmytex(m): 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
Wife aint doubting ur calling, but the person wey u wan start ministry with...
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by oglalasioux(m): 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
Wise woman.

If you must join the league of people dragging us back to the stone age then gracefully divorce your wife cos she's not ready to be associated with the lies you are about propagating in your 'calling'.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Oche211(m): 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
lasisi69:
Which calling Was the call from customer care or something.. There are too many ministries and churches all over... stick to one or forever remain silent...
don't mind that END TIME wannabe pastor.
Where have u been all this while lasisi69

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by exdedon10(m): 1:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
YOU BETTER REMAIN IN YOUR PRESENT CHURCH WITH YOUR WIFE THEIR. WHO DO YOU SAY CALLED YOU SELF, NO BE ONLY

CALL NA MESSAGE GOD MESSAGE YOU, COMMON REMAIN FOR THAT CHURCH AND RECIEVE YOUR SALVATION IN FULL. GOD

CAN NOT CALL A MAN OUTSIDE OF HIS WORD . THAT PERSON WEY DEY PUSH YOU GO SOON FALL YOU FOR GUTTER.

ON THAT DAY OF THE LORD IT WILL NOT BE BY CHURCH OH SHAY YOU KNOW BUT YOUR WORK OF RIGHTEOUSNESS AND

PERSONAL LIFE STYLE. SO GO BACK AND CONFIRM WHO CALL YOU AND BETTER CONCENTRATE WITH YOUR FAMILY TO SEE

HOW YOU WILL SERVE GOD IN YOUR PRESENT CHURCH.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by achiever12: 1:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
Demzlent:

Yes I informed her,my parents are even aware. They are giving their moral and even material support for my ministry, the building we want to use is even given to me by my dad
One thing I noticed about my wife is that she loves our present Church so much

See the way you are talking about a ministry where the word of God will be preached as if you are talking about a commercial business venture. You guys have lost it. You are just another aspiring business man with eyes in the tithe.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Ayanfeoluwaoba(f): 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2018
If you truly had/have a call, you would have been careful in choosing a wife.

Did God asked you to launch out on your own or you just want to do it based on your instinct?.

Demzlent:

Yes I informed her,my parents are even aware. They are giving their moral and even material support for my ministry, the building we want to use is even given to me by my dad

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Mutemenot(m): 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
frank317:
what is the meaning of u have a calling? become a pastor in the church u are attending? must u start your own church? we already have enough church business with nothin to show for it. what effect will a new church have for Nigeria? why is God calling everybody yet no significant effect on the life of the people?
your wife knows u are fake and does not want u to join the league of scammers we already have in nigeria

If you are bomb, it must be a Russian made.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2018
My sister attends a big church and she’s an active worker. Her husband got the calling from God. But you need to understand that when God calls you, the fruit will show. Even your wife will leave her church to join you. I think you’re rushing to have a ministry. Ask the Holy Spirit for direction. God won’t just jump start you into owning a church. Do you even have a small fellowship unit that is touching lives?

My in-law registered his ministry 4years ago but is still taking it little by little. Even when he wanted to start Sunday service , God said NOT YET. My sister supports him cos she’s SEEN that God’s hand is upon him. This is someone that got his calling yearssss before he registered his ministry. God is never in a hurry.

So I advise you ask HIM for direction. And ask HIM to start to use you in a mighty way. Even your wife will be convinced. Cos right now, she isn’t.

Demzlent:

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Vokians(m): 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2018
Be patient. Don't allow this to destroy your marriage. If it is Gods wiil that you start your ministry, In time your wife will change her mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by bebe2(f): 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2018
We have enough ministries , start a farm we are hungry. Start a factory we need jobs.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Crowny11(f): 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2018
my brother you choose the wrong platform for this,
why not go to God in prayer and he wil lead you right...
I don't believe in the counsel of men especially on social media platforms, some are dream killers
I believe what you don't have you can't give,so what did you expect.......

As for your wife if she did not agree, you can't continue,because d bible tells us that you have to a settle home as a
leader in the house of God, so my bro you gat to prayer till God change your wife's heart.

#shalom#

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2018
Demzlent:

I and my wife are attending a big Church which she loves a lot,she is even the one that made me to be attending the Church. I have a calling which I'm sure of
Then late last year a fellow Christian who is a minister of God called me that we should start a ministry together, I agreed and we started working on.
The ministry is starting today and my wife is insisting that I should not go that if I go she will divorce me. She even called the man we are to start the ministry together and threatened him
Should I go ahead?

Pray about it
She might be scared money might not flow well again or
that you would not have SUFFICIENT TIME AND ENERGY TO DRILL HER HONEY POT cheesy
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Mznaett: 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
Audray:
Go do something better with your life and forget that religious scam "calling" you claim you heard. Nigeria more than enough churches to suck it's citizens pockets dry.

Lol

Audray?

Please stop it o grin
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Nedfed(m): 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
frank317:
what is the meaning of u have a calling? become a pastor in the church u are attending? must u start your own church? we already have enough church business with nothin to show for it. what effect will a new church have for Nigeria? why is God calling everybody yet no significant effect on the life of the people?
your wife knows u are fake and does not want u to join the league of scammers we already have in nigeria

This man must be a Nigeria police man
The same way u people killed Peace Corps by stating to much of uniform works and duplication. Make God forgive u people with ur negative comment.
Who knows maybe this man is the future Joseph Ayo Babalola or Orimolade of the blessed memory.

@Op if trully u av the call I'll strongly advise u leave her and go ahead cos God is bigger than a man.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by macphilip: 1:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
I will only believe your calling if you plan to open your church in Borno or Yobe state

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by shadeyinka(m): 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
Demzlent:

Should I go ahead?
You have unfortunately cause this problem for yourself
1. Your wife didn't know that you might be going into the ministry. Things like this should have been discussing even before you get married.
2. You have not groomed her for her new role as a help in ministry.
3. Going into ministry isn't the same as starting a church. You can have your ministry while you are within your old church.

Note that spiritually, your Family has precedence over Ministry. Go settle your home first else, your services are in vain.

Since your ministry is in partnership with a friend. Negotiate a part time status with your wife. If she still doesn't agree, start with what you should have done with her initially. It may take 2-3 years but then, your work will not be in vain
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by shadeyinka(m): 1:58pm On Mar 25, 2018
Demzlent:

Should I go ahead?
You have unfortunately cause this problem for yourself
1. Your wife didn't know that you might be going into the ministry. Things like this should have been discussing even before you get married.
2. You have not groomed her for her new role as a help in ministry.
3. Going into ministry isn't the same as starting a church. You can have your ministry while you are within your old church.

Note that spiritually, your Family has precedence over Ministry. Go settle your home first else, your services are in vain.

Since your ministry is in partnership with a friend. Negotiate a part time status with your wife. If she still doesn't agree, start with what you should have done with her initially. It may take 2-3 years but then, your work will not be in vain

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by obillyj(f): 2:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
It's one thing for u to have the call of God on you and it's another thing for you to start a church. Did God call you to start a church? Having a call does not literally translate to starting a church. Having a call does not mean being a pastor. 1Cor12:28.
It takes a lot to shepherd the flock. Have you considered that? Starting a church is exposing your wife n children to the warfront. Are they prepared for that? Is she ready to be the keeper of the flame?have u asked her what her reasons for objecting are rather than assume it's because she loves d present church. Starting a church is much ur work as it is hers. Have you acquired the necessary training to run a church? Who is your spiritual father? Who is your mentor? Have you spoken to them about this and they give you a go ahead? Have you served under someone faithfully as a pastor and d person let u go? Why can't you serve as a pastor in your present church?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Happychildlove(f): 2:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
lasisi69:
Which calling Was the call from customer care or something.. There are too many ministries and churches all over... stick to one or forever remain silent...
End time calling

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Antichristus: 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2018
Another scammer in the making.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by REDshouse(m): 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
Why dont u report the matter to the person that call u to do his work why bring the matter come Nairaland ...is it Nairaland that call u abeg swerve go one side ...........

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by obillyj(f): 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
Don't let pride and rebellion push you out of your present covering.
If you start a church without peace in your home, devil will mesmerise you. Family is the first institution God established and He doesn't play with it.
Set your priorities right. Be sure God is leading you to start a church. Be sure the person you are starting it with is led by God. Be sure of your reasons which must be souls and not to exploit people. Be sure you have the backing of heaven else OYO is your name. Be sure your present pastor is aware of your move, you need his blessings. Next, pray to God to sort out your wife. He called you so He knows how best to make her align to the call. If God called you, He will equip you n be there for you all the way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by victorazyvictor(m): 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2018
frank317:

If church has no significant effect on your life plz it has for me.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by lasisi69(f): 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
Happychildlove:
End time calling
lol
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by michealibegbu: 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
Well I dnt c anytin wrong in starting another church if truly u heard from God.like what d bible tells us that one generation shall praise is name &another shall declare his greatness.if truly God is calling u & ur wife is not coopersating with u, u can pray her heart into it.dnt fight her just tell God to take care of her for u& I know God will touch her heart.mind u that is if the call is geniune.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Evince(m): 2:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
Demzlent:

Should I go ahead?

The voice that called u, abeg how did it sound. We want to know if it is actually God's voice.

One Bible with one teaching, too many ministries with different doctrines.

Am beginning to rethink that all this shit called Christianity is a farce scripted by some confused Romans who needs mark of supremacy and dominance from humanity.

Though I am a born Christian but all the incompleteness of the entire story is full of confusion.

Now God created Adam and Eve, they gave birth to Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel , God decided to banish Cain and he pleaded that he does not let his enemies to harm him.
Now God placed a mark on him and cursed any one that tried to strife with him.

My puzzle and humble question is who is Cain's enemy. the land he was banished to, who founded and who born the ppl dwelling there. Cain got married to who?
Because the last time I checked, Seth was born as the 3rd child to Adam and Eve.

We know the Noah story also. Only one of his sons took a wife b4 the destruction of the world with water.
Ham was cursed and they claimed he is father of Blacks. My question is who did Ham marry to reproduce.

I can say I study my bible so someone should help me to fill the blank spaces in Bible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by lasisi69(f): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
Oche211:

don't mind that END TIME wannabe pastor.
Where have u been all this while lasisi69
boss, I bin dey here o
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by onyxcorp(m): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2018
man, I think your wife have good reasons, though I do not subscribe to Please a family member and stop me from Gods calling. also be sure what you are doing.

Demzlent:

Should I go ahead?
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by blessingsonflee(f): 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
Demzlent:

you can't just wake up oneday and decide to open church. Did you talk to your pastor? Who is your mentor ? If truly God called you as you have claimed. Your 1st move should be with your pastor before going to set yours . You think being a pastor is a title? Well, sometimes it's not. You have to be prepared for the worst in the ministry. #my2cents cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Annoying Things People Do In Church / PMB Will Win War Against Corruption – Kumuyi / Demonic Convenant With Attachment, Weavon, Relaxer And Others (PART2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.