Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? (23902 Views)

Mko Abiola's Daughter Bags £100,000 Deal At Dragons Den Uk / With Waseet, Kola Abiola Bounces Back Into Media Business / How Do I Get An International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Dotman01(m): 7:54pm On May 08, 2010
@mesuxxx. The story of deji abiola/gtb is nt genuine. According to wat u posted (1)The spokesman of the SFU mr. Ezima Akan, said he had no idea of deji's arrest. Also
(2)The Gtb's public relations officer mrs. Lola odedina said he had no idea about any arrest.
Can somebody just copy nd paste it from d news posted by mr. Mesu. Am typin frm a phone
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by tlops(m): 7:57pm On May 08, 2010
Dotman01:

@mesuxxx. The story of deji abiola/gtb is nt genuine. According to wat u posted (1)The spokesman of the SFU mr. Ezima Akan, said he had no idea of deji's arrest. Also
(2)The Gtb's public relations officer mrs. Lola odedina said he had no idea about any arrest.
Can somebody just copy nd paste it from d news posted by mr. Mesu. Am typin frm a phone

The spokesman of the SFU, Mr. Ezima Akan, said he had been on vacation and had no idea of Deji’s arrest. Also, when our correspondent contacted GT Bank’s Assistant General Manager, Public Relations, Mrs. Lola Odedina, on the telephone, she said, “I have no idea. Thank you.”
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Mikolo70(m): 8:03pm On May 08, 2010
Meku,I m sure if ur mother dey read ur post here she go dey regret why she no use do menstruation.You are only fit 4 toilet pit where pigs will swallow you up.OLORIBURUKU OMO ALE!!!
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Dotman01(m): 8:06pm On May 08, 2010
@Tlops, thanx
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Mikolo70(m): 8:18pm On May 08, 2010
Meku,if ua man enough face me,yeah me alone.i want to enter into a roforofo fight wt you.You have the guts to abuse my tribe,God in heaven will add sorrow into ur miserable life.WTF,I repeat God in Heaven will add agony into ur miserable life.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by emmaf5542(m): 8:35pm On May 08, 2010
Here they come again-the History revionists! MKO a drug baron my foot! A drug baron who jetted into the US without a Visa and in less than 2 hours was granted audience by the White House. (That happened the night he escaped the assains of the Government in July 1993)
And all these lies because you want to support someone to run for the Presidency.Why not just tell us what he can do,instead of telling lies.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 9:06pm On May 08, 2010
More questions:

What was Awo's opinion on MKO?
What does OBJ think of MKO?
What dido Oni of Ife say after the election was cancelled?

I have the answers already from various articles but I hope you will be man enough to own up. MKO was a BIG FAT fraud and as with most fraudulent people, as soon as they pass, their legacy passes too. You can see how ''super rich'' his family is now. BUNKUMS

I have no biz with IBB and he can roast in hell for all I care, but that does not take away the fact that it was good he cancelled the election after what we now know about MKO.

Sefago,

Treachery backstabbing and related behaviors are pervasive in those parts. I only highlighted with 3 prominent examples.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekusxxx: 9:57pm On May 08, 2010
Dotman 01 and tlops:

Both the police and the bank did not deny anything. They merely said they have no idea. Besides, the police officer was said to be on leave so there is no way he is expected to be aware of the details. The Bank does not want to get the press involved any further. Keep on denying FACTS , but you know what I buy, don't you?
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by hymen(f): 7:37am On May 09, 2010
illusion2:

[size=18pt]Emeka,biko you are spending too much time on your master's laptop o . . . . . has he travelled or what ?  undecided

How many parts you don sell today? When dem go settle you ?  cheesy cheesy[/size]

P.S : Nobody gives 2 f**ks about Abiola,we just need to put a fraud/liar like you in his place  wink
This was too funny ! lol !
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by yim(f): 12:15am On May 13, 2010
We never know watz true.Babangida may have lied & told d truth.or afterall who can tell Abiola's grass to grace.Even at that what America's bussiness in our politics they are violating our sovereignty. They should not tell us what to do because we don't tell them what to do.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekuszyx: 12:20am On May 13, 2010
Where are all my posts? This thread was like 19 pages as of yesterday.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Nobody: 12:25am On May 13, 2010
mekuszyx:

they are gone forever.roflamo
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by yim(f): 12:28am On May 13, 2010
What is America's bussiness with our politics. They are intruding upon our sovereignty. We don't tell them what to do so they shouldn't tell us either. As for Abiola,we don't know his grass to grace story fully. Babangida was a deservice 2 our country.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by mekuszyx: 12:29am On May 13, 2010
Nairaland sucks with incompetence. They can't even maintain an ordinary website. Thinking of taking a long break undecided undecided
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by SEFAGO(m): 12:42am On May 13, 2010
mekuszyx:

Just shows you wasted your life writing a thesis online lol
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by illusion2: 6:19am On May 13, 2010
In response to popular demand & as a consequence of NL back-up failures,I re-present to you, 'The Travails of Chukwuemeka the Biafran'

illusion2:

[size=14pt][center]The Travails of Chukwuemeka[/center][/size]

Chukwuemeka Biafra (aka mekusxxx) was born into a humble home in Uli suburb of Ihiala town in the southeastern part of Nigeria.

Born into relative poverty,he resolved to be the very best he could ever be. Having lost many relatives to the civil war which ended 10 years earlier,he had the inane determination of getting back at the Nigeria 'establishment'-especially the Yoruba,Hausa-Fulanis,who held responsible for the humiliation his ethnic group suffered between 1967-1970.

His family were predominantly farmers/palmwine tappers,and he had cousins who had worked at the moribund Biafra International Airport,Uli.

Deprived of quality nursery/primary education,he learnt to write his name at the age of 9 and dropped out of formal education altogether at age 12. Thereafter,Emeka made up his mind to leave the family profession ,to pursue a career in trading. . . .and this is what led him to the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria (Lagos)

. . . . . . .to be continued

Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by bkbabe97: 8:07am On May 13, 2010
^^^You, my friend, are a talented writer!!! You actually deserve to be nominated for the Nobel Prize for Literature!!! Dude u had me in stitches; my gal thinks I'm nuts laughing out loud this late at nite.lol. My reply? "Blame that fu%*ing Illusion dude" wink. This is sarcasm and wittiness at its best!!!
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Nobody: 8:24am On May 13, 2010
mekuszyx:

Nairaland sucks with incompetence. They can't even maintain an ordinary website. Thinking of taking a long break undecided undecided
ble

take your ars-e to biafrancowrie.com - i'm sure that website, with non existent traffic will be stable
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by tkb417(m): 8:28am On May 13, 2010
oyb:

ble

take your ars-e to biafrancowrie.com - i'm sure that website, with non existent traffic will be stable

hehehehe

at least Seun Osewa is the owner of NL; the name doesnt sound like emeka grin grin grin

thats one yoruba man performing mekus, what do u wanna say to that? cos you'll never see anythin good in a yoruba man

abeg dont come back to NL o cheesy
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Nobody: 8:51am On May 13, 2010
mekuszyx:

i would like to join any igbo forum that receive as much traffic as NL.please,just provide me with one.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Katsumoto: 8:54am On May 13, 2010
oyb:

ble

grin Classic
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Nobody: 11:14am On May 13, 2010
Honestly, NL politics section has lost its credibility.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Jakumo(m): 11:31am On May 13, 2010
The sale of counterfeit car parts paid the bills, but Emeka still yearned for more. At night he would move his sleeping mat up onto the roof of the shipping container that held his parts shop, look out over the rusted tin roofs of Ajegunle-by-the-Sea, kill greasy rats with a stick, and dream of a better life in Lagos, the Promised Land.

Envious of the soaring career successes of his college-educated younger brothers and sisters scattered all over the globe, Emeka yearned above all to demonstrate that his cash income could match anything earned by his siblings, thanks to the career option of criminal conduct. That big entrepreneurial break came soon enough, but he had to learn how to use a gun first, which he did, despite nearly shooting himself more than once during the lessons.

In total, Emeka participated in three armed robberies during his first year in Lagos. The first two home invasion attacks were relatively peaceful and profitable enough to net the fledgling bandit 50 thousand naira, most of which went right away to settle his tab at the local gin joint and bordello. It was in the aftermath of that THIRD robbery operation, during which Emeka’s gang had the very bad luck of running into the armed convoy of the state commissioner of police, that the one-time parts dealer finally decided to try and get a real job.

Discharged from the orthopedic hospital six months on, Emeka leafed through a dictionary one rainy morning and wrote his first 419 advanced fee fraud email letter , slowly typing his stilted prose on the keyboard of an internet- enabled laptop computer he had grabbed from inside a car that was stuck in traffic a few days earlier…,
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by tkb417(m): 11:42am On May 13, 2010
lololol
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Odunnu: 12:27pm On May 13, 2010
Warped mentality
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by tkb417(m): 12:30pm On May 13, 2010
ure right cheesy
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Odunnu: 12:37pm On May 13, 2010
Hey!u hvnt bin 2d hostel since afta d renovation.Hop u r gud?
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Katsumoto: 12:43pm On May 13, 2010
tkb417:

ure right cheesy

Odunnu:

Hey!u hvnt bin 2d hostel since afta d renovation.Hop u r gud?

grin
It appears that there is something going on here. lol
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by tkb417(m): 12:46pm On May 13, 2010
Katsumoto:

grin
It appears that there is something going on here. lol
yes cheesy

@Odunnu

lets go to the hostel; Katsumoto will not allow for private convo cheesy
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Katsumoto: 12:53pm On May 13, 2010
tkb417:

yes cheesy

@Odunnu

lets go to the hostel; Katsumoto will not allow for private convo cheesy

Oga ooooo but I am certain this is the politics and not romance section. grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by Odunnu: 12:57pm On May 13, 2010
Romance?whtz romantic with what I said?
Or hv u been waitin 4an opportunity 2visit d hostel?oya,come lets go.
Re: Was Abiola An International Drug Baron? by illusion2: 2:20pm On May 13, 2010
Seun ,I beg solve this back-up wahala o !

illusion2:

[size=14pt][center]The Travails of Chukwuemeka(2)[/center][/size]

Moving to Lagos was not going to be easy for Emeka,as his mother would have none of it. The palmwine business was booming at the time and there were younger ones to cater for. However Mekus (as he was known to is village mates) was adamant. He insisted he had to explore new grounds and not grow up a professional palmwine tapper/farmer.

"Nwanu,who do you know in this Lagos sef. . " his mother asked

"Nana,it doesn't matter,I know i can make it there" he said

"Hmmmmm" sighed his mother

"Afterall Nna Majestic made his millions in Lagos after the war,even Oliver De Coque sang his praise in his last album" Emeka continued;

he was referring to his relative 'Uncle Majestic' whose real name was actually Uchendu ,he got his nickname from a spelling competition organised by the catholic priest in the 50s.

'Uncle Majestic' was a successful spare parts dealer in Lagos and was well known and respected in Uli.

So despite his mother's resistance,Emeka packed a few belongings and set out to the motor park one early morning in May 1994,at the age of 14,praying that Chineke would guide his part and give him the strength to show those Yoruba infidels that Biafra would be great again.

He had over time come to lose interest in the Hausa-Fulani,as he believed they were irrelevant to the scheme of things. . . it was the 'ngati Yoruba' he would seek to dominate and disgrace as they had played a 'traitor' role with their leader Awolowo during the fall of Biafra.

As he got into the bus that would take him from the village to the central Lagos park in ihiala,all he could think of was making his first million naira and showing those Yorubas who was the best.

. . . .to be continued

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Woman Who Uses Wheelchair Complains About GTBank's Inaccesible Entrances / "I Am Where I Am Today Because Of Luck" Tony Elumelu Writes On His Success / Traders Reject New Naira Notes In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.