Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement (1730 Views)

How Can He Peacefully End His Relationship With A Stupid And Stubborn Girl? / My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. / My Friend Wants To Come To My Parents House With His Girlfriend To Have Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by TheWiX(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
They finally broke up cry
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by vertueptime: 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2018
No body, becos e no concern us

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by Eggcelent(m): 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
Giving Money To Your Fiancé To Start A Business Is Good & Quite Commendable.

However, It Is Not Enough.

How Many Books On Business, Self-development & Financial Management Has He Bought For Her?

How Many Related Seminars Has He Encouraged Her To Attend?

Money Isn't The Most Important Factor In (Business) Management; The Human Factor Is.

He Should Look At This Area Before Deciding What Steps To Take Next

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by Learnstuffs: 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
The guy should not quit. At least the girl have business mindset. Not like all those slay queens that work on Instagram

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by Ahmed0336(m): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
Learnstuffs:
The guy should not quit. At least the girl have business mindset. Not like all those slay queens that work on Instagram
Business mindset abi? Okay, you can use your money to fund her business.
Bros tell ur friend to look for a lady that knows the value of money.
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by thanki410(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2018
The truth is , whosoever cannot build a home should not stay in a home... Check my signature..

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by SyberKate(f): 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
The girl is a failure, yes I said it. The truth is bitter but it's the truth.

Marry somebody like that and all she will be thinking about is to have children and stay at home.

There are people who have made it on their own and they wish they had somebody to help them in the beginning but here is somebody that is receiving all the help and not making full use of it

6 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by kelish(f): 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
cant she just do something she knows will work for her na wa o
some girls sha
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:12pm On Mar 26, 2018
Eggcelent:

How Many Books On Business, Self-development & Financial Management Has He Bought For Her?

Money Isn't The Most Important Factor In (Business) Management; The Human Factor Is.

. He should also teach her how to put food in her mouth..
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
I support the guy, I don't like losses. It pains me a lot, to me I think she's a waster. On the other the lady should do something that she fully loves and it works for her. She must not be a graduate to run a business well, Mama Ekpo that sells food in the market before Opobo juction have been able to send three of her kids to university even without her SSCE.
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by LordKO(m): 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2018
Literally, failure isn't a sign of ignorance - for a sane and sound person - rather it's an act that leads to mastery. However, this doesn't justify complacency.

Don't abandon her just because she failed. You can justifiably do so if you thoroughly observed and established that she's been complacent and selfish respectively.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by akaahs(m): 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2018
LordKO:
Literally, failure isn't a sign of ignorance - for a sane and sound person - rather it's an act that leads to mastery. However, this doesn't justify complacency.

Don't abandon her just because she failed. You can justifiably do so if you thoroughly observed and established that she's been complacent and selfish respectively.

In this case, she is a failure because there is nothing like mastery for someone who can't stick on one thing to master on it.
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by LordKO(m): 3:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
akaahs:

In this case, she is a failure because there is nothing like mastery for someone who can't stick on one thing to master on it.

One funny thing with critiques is that they always know or claim to know everything but understand nothing valuable. Stop being conceited OK.

Meanwhile, consider to keep your further mention(s) to yourself, unless you've facts to back up whatever postulation you may be coming up with.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by ruggedtimi(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
Eggcelent:

bro if she reads all those books sh*t no go happen. How many Aba or Onitsha business men read those books?
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by ruggedtimi(m): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
LordKO:

One funny thing with critiques is that they always know or claim to know everything but understand nothing valuable. Stop being conceited OK.

Meanwhile, consider to keep your further mention's to yourself, unless you've facts to back up whatever postulation you may be coming up with.
grammar king.."postulation and conceited" na only you come
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by ubunja(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
SyberKate:
The girl is a failure, yes I said it. The truth is bitter but it's the truth.

Marry somebody like that and all she will be thinking about is to have children and stay at home.

There are people who have made it on their own and they wish they had somebody to help them in the beginning but here is somebody that is receiving all the help and not making full use of it
business-minded wives are overrated. i love the stay-at-home wife. get pregnant and stay in the kitchen. thats better than an always stressed neurotic wife running some small business thats making her BP boil. only 1 of us have to be a slave to the 9-5. the other must be slave to the family

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by tosyne2much(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2018
I don't think that's enough reason to call it off.. I don't think she is wasteful, she only has poor managerial skills which can be worked on

The questions I will ask you are

1. Is the appreciative in nature ?

2. Does she feel remorseful that she's not able to manage the business properly?
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by BlackPantherxXx: 5:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
Sorry but if you are asking this question, you are not yet mature for marriage.

I laugh at all those saying he should throw her under the bus for failing at poultry business.

I have been accused of chauvinism...but can anyone say he hasn't failed at something before?

Anyone who wants to cast the first stone ?

Jilt her if you feel she might be a spendthrift and you can't cope...but not just because she failed at poultry business.

My family has a poultry business that's been successful for over a decade. I would never ever forget one particular batch that succumbed to suspected Newcastle's disease. Bird after bird till almost 100 died
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by franklin93(m): 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
TheWiX:
He said it all started when they started dating, she didn't make all her papers in ssce yet he loved her and wanted to help her make something out of her self regardless of her condition. So she told him she wanted to start selling recharge cards, he gave her mini laptop, printer and some money to get started. Eventually, the business ended nothing came out of it.

He later got a better job and again suggested she should start a poultry business, gave her money over 200K to start and was still funding the business with about 5K each month to keep it going. The first set did well but she never told him how much she recovered but the second set she is now complaining that the birds are dying and that she doesn't want to do poultry again that she wants to go into snail business.

Now, my friend is pissed that why can't she make anything out of what he has done for her to carry her along, and has decided to call off the wedding plans because he doesn't see her as someone that can take care of his home.

So who else thinks the problem is not with her or does she truly have a problem?
TheWiX:
He said it all started when they started dating, she didn't make all her papers in ssce yet he loved her and wanted to help her make something out of her self regardless of her condition. So she told him she wanted to start selling recharge cards, he gave her mini laptop, printer and some money to get started. Eventually, the business ended nothing came out of it.

He later got a better job and again suggested she should start a poultry business, gave her money over 200K to start and was still funding the business with about 5K each month to keep it going. The first set did well but she never told him how much she recovered but the second set she is now complaining that the birds are dying and that she doesn't want to do poultry again that she wants to go into snail business.

Now, my friend is pissed that why can't she make anything out of what he has done for her to carry her along, and has decided to call off the wedding plans because he doesn't see her as someone that can take care of his home.

So who else thinks the problem is not with her or does she truly have a problem?

Actually that's not enough reason to leave your relationship if you ever loved her. Aside from giving her money, did you support her with ideas? And besides, those business aren't as easy or lucrative as you think. These days people prefer buying frozen chicken and buying airtime online using mobile banking like me. It's not good enough a reason to let go. Maybe she will be better with another guy who will show her real support.
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by egworlordor(m): 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
When has the ability to do business become a yardstick for marriage? your friend might be having an office romance with those educated sluts and will be thinking his uneducated fiancée is wasting his money, until you marry the unknown educated devil and you will regret. Marry who you can manage well; if she can't do well in business let her be a stay at home wife. Doing business is a gift and not everyone has it. If she doesn't cheat, she can cook, she's neat and respectful, abeg forget business jare... most women who do these businesses, end up as cheats claiming it's work stress... let him stay with her, except she has other shortcomings that he's not saying

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by sweerychick(f): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
Why not find other things she's good at or let her tell him what she's good at!. Poultry business is not an easy business, one sickness can wipe out an entire stock. At op if I were your friend, I'd put her into vocational training and courses, she can learn catering, tailoring, event planning etc. All those things can help her establish, giving her money just like that to starts business is not wise, you need to learn a business before you venture into one. success in business comes from years of failure, so he can't expect her poultry business to just flourish overnight. And finally is ability of doing business now a criteria for marriage??

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by sweerychick(f): 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2018
egworlordor:
When has the ability to do business become a yardstick for marriage? your friend might be having an office romance with those educated sluts and will be thinking his uneducated fiancée is wasting his money, until you marry the unknown educated devil and you will regret. Marry who you can manage well; if she can't do well in business let her be a stay at home wife. Doing business is a gift and not everyone has it. If she doesn't cheat, she can cook, she's neat and respectful, abeg forget business jare... most women who do these businesses, end up as cheats claiming it's work stress... let him stay with her, except she has other shortcomings that he's not saying

God bless you jare! I wonder what that poor girl might be going through now!
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by Nutase: 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2018
Who stays engaged for 2 whole years?? He should please end the misery.
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
ubunja:

business-minded wives are overrated. i love the stay-at-home wife. get pregnant and stay in the kitchen. thats better than an always stressed neurotic wife running some small business thats making her BP boil. only 1 of us have to be a slave to the 9-5. the other must be slave to the family

Hmm. You and this your mumu thinking sha....

I hope you find such person.
Get you a lazy asshole, Brother OBO-nja.
Re: My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement by sweetetlove(f): 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
Sorry but if you are asking this question, you are not yet mature for marriage.

I laugh at all those saying he should throw her under the bus invoing at poultry business.

I have been accused of chauvinism...but can anyone say he hasn't failed at something before?

Anyone who wants to cast the first stone ?

Jilt her if you feel she might be a spendthrift and you can't cope...but not just because she failed at poultry business.

My family has a poultry business that's been successful for over a decade. I would never ever forget one particular batch that succumbed to suspected Newcastle's disease. Bird after bird till almost 100 died
you just said my mind managing a poultry business is not easy. The birds are quite fragile and it involves lot of risk, I can remember vividly when my cousin lost 100 of her layers to a disease. That doesn't make her failure not everyone knows how to manage a business. She can learn a skill she is passionate about

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

.manmen / Feeling Really Bad After Breaking Up With My Brother's Ex / I LOST This Huge Sum Of Money And I'm Thinking Of Doing Something Wicked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.