Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement (46994 Views)

Bbnaija: Comedian Ushbebe Poses With Avala And Isilomo / Ushbebe Buys Lexus GX460 SUV To His Garage (Photo, Video) / "I'm Overrated, I Am Wack" - DJ Cuppy Finally Agrees With Ushbebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by kizz007: 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
you think is easy to be one of the daughter of otedola . Y won't she be known .
ElChidi:
Question is would she have been known by anybody if she wasnt Otedola's daughter? Is she really talented?
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by mandate12: 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
IamPatriotic:
Who is Ushbebe?

A dude AY brought from the village to lagos to eke out a living.. Same dude is mocking a hardworking, already made lady? Phew!
Little wonder the rich hardly help the poor caus they already know the pride and wickedness that lies within the latter waiting to b triggered by an additional peny to their account.

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by frankmoney(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
new2012:

Did u see the wore 'virtual' in his comment? Don't embarrass yourself on public forums please.
oga what is a virtual dj
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by mandate12: 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
ElChidi:
Question is would she have been known by anybody if she wasnt Otedola's daughter? Is she really talented?

As long as she was under the tutelage of another DJ for a while, bought her world class equipment and has played in several places where only myopic ppl saw her as whack, she would still be known even without being Otedola's daughter. She's talented either ways !

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by dayowunmi(m): 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
ElChidi:

Kids everywhere on NL. Can't you make a point without insults? That is the only thing Nigerian youths of nowadays know how to do
There are jambites on this forum. He could just be one of these secondary school kids on nairaland. Let him be jare
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by buskie13(m): 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
TPAND:
Cuppy is the world's first and only virtual DJ
I'm sure you live in a cave ,asslicker ,no be only world's first ,iranu
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by mandate12: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2018
[s][/s]
pp802:

Spot on
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by Mutemenot(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
Who still dey drink Pepsi if not Teddy A afonsi
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by bobo9ice: 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Deal that was made possible by her father..

she should go and sit her ass down..

It's good to have a good father ...
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by ALAYORMII: 7:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
Dandanlowo:

Guy u wicked.. Wat if de father make am snipper ambasedor grin

Ambassador na ambassador

Even if na gutter ambassador
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by globalid: 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2018
DrinkLimca:

how do u know it was her father that made it possible where u there?
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by thanki410(m): 7:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
Pls what drug can one take when the person is pained? This chick is really pained..... Check my signature
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by hypnotic(m): 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
never "fight" with the rich, hushpuppi with all his swagoo tried davido, he hands up before round 1 finish
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by nextstep(m): 8:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
DrinkLimca:

How about Obi, Spinall, and Exclusive, their father or rich aunty made it possible ba? How about all the other endorsements - Wizzy, Tiwa, Tekno, to mention a few? Is it her father that made "Cactus on the Roof" possible? Or you think events, parties, and night clubs around the world pay her to DJ just because, you know, her father asked them? Why can't people just acknowledge personal hustle and respect a person's hard work - even if she is from a rich home?

I'm not carrying her matter for head, but at some point this "her father this, her father that" has got to stop, because it robs the person saying it of the fact that one has hustle and work smart/hard for your own. If you make the excuse that things are possible merely because of who you are related to, then you're resigning yourself that you cannot change your destiny.

2 Likes

Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
Truth is, yes her father’s money earned her ass-kissers who would do anything to be around her in the industry, but she worked damn hard!

When I was In NYC briefly ,I saw her utilize her first trip properly. And that earned her my little respect.

When it comes to work, and what she wants, I give it to her. The girl no lazy.

So I’ll applaud her. She try.

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by nextstep(m): 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
Elxandre:
that endorsement was hardly deserved.
She isn't yet distinguished as a Deejay.
undecided

Can she say she makes a living solely out of this unlike the rest like DJ Spinall?

The management at Pepsi obviously thinks her endorsement will help sell more products and generate more revenue. Who cares if this is her sole source of income or if this is a side project, or if it's something she's is really taking seriously. I want to have many many sources of income - engineering, real estate, music, investments, small trading, teaching (as do most Nigerians). Why is that a criterion for whether an endorsement is deserved or not?

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by Elxandre(m): 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
nextstep:

The management at Pepsi obviously thinks her endorsement will help sell more products and generate more revenue. Who cares if this is her sole source of income or if this is a side project, or if it's something she's is really taking seriously. I want to have many many sources of income - engineering, real estate, music, investments, small trading, teaching (as do most Nigerians). Why is that a criterion for whether an endorsement is deserved or not?
Who said that was a criterion?

I'm just saying she isn't really deserving of the endorsement based on her exploits as a DJ.
Note that only DJs were chosen.

Anyone can easily name more accomplished DJs than she is.
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by Elxandre(m): 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2018
nextstep:

How about Obi, Spinall, and Exclusive, their father or rich aunty made it possible ba? How about all the other endorsements - Wizzy, Tiwa, Tekno, to mention a few? Is it her father that made "Cactus on the Roof" possible? Or you think events, parties, and night clubs around the world pay her to DJ just because, you know, her father asked them? Why can't people just acknowledge personal hustle and respect a person's hard work - even if she is from a rich home?

I'm not carrying her matter for head, but at some point this "her father this, her father that" has got to stop, because it robs the person saying it of the fact that one has hustle and work smart/hard for your own. If you make the excuse that things are possible merely because of who you are related to, then you're resigning yourself that you cannot change your destiny.
Mr man don't box DJ spinall with her.
He's not on her level as a DJ.

Oh yes, her fathers name got her the fame she has, not what she does as an artiste.
Every opening paragraph in articles or story about her always read (Billionaire's daughter}.

It isnt a bad thing to leverage on such opportunity and privilege, buf it doesnt alter the truth still.

Edit:

You say her Dad's name isnt her propeller, but is it understandable how she was chosen to entertain Macron when he came around.?
Was she really the best around?

How many big shows does she headline as DJ?
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by nextstep(m): 9:01pm On Mar 26, 2018
Elxandre:

Who said that was a criterion?

I'm just saying she isn't really deserving of the endorsement based on her exploits as a DJ.
Note that only DJs were chosen.

Anyone can easily name more accomplished DJs than she is.

But the point is "are those other DJs able to increase Pepsi sales"? I'll draw a straw man (but not too off base): doctors are arguably "more important" and accomplished than "mere DJs", perhaps Pepsi should endorse doctors instead.

I can understand you don't think she's earned her stripes, and I'm arguing that she's on her way to earning them, and that she currently has enough market power to sell product - which is what endorsements are all about. No disrespect or shade on the other DJs, but Cuppy can hold her own.

*I'll admit that I'm for the underdog here, and I'm suspicious of put downs that may originate from sexism or classism (some attribute her success solely to her dad)
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by Seun360(m): 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
Godsent4life:
Japan made a machine that catches thieves
and they decided to set it into some countries!
Japan in 5hours it caught 2500 thieves.
Zimbabwe in 2hrs 3000 thieves.
China in 1hr 22theives.
SouthAfrica in 3hrs 4066 thieves.
finally the machine was brought in NIGERIA with in
50minutes, the machine was stolen.

probably another Ushbebe joke.
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by stevio(m): 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
Walahi,dis response is epic grin
mayweather145:
wallahi ! I love this reply, she took her time and gave him a hot one. savagery
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by stevio(m): 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
He's a clown grin
IamPatriotic:
Who is Ushbebe?
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by stevio(m): 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
Walahi,You gat no joy cheesy. This response is epic grin
tgmservice:
Yeah u right just d same way you will be a nobody if your father did not bunk you mum cool
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by nextstep(m): 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
Elxandre:

Mr man don't box DJ spinall with her.
He's not on her level as a DJ.

Oh yes, her fathers name got her the fame she has, not what she does as an artiste.
Every opening paragraph in articles or story about her always read (Billionaire's daughter}.

It isnt a bad thing to leverage on such opportunity and privilege, buf it doesnt alter the truth still.

Edit:

You say her Dad's name isnt her propeller, but is it understandable how she was chosen to entertain Macron when he came around.?
Was she really the best around?

How many big shows does she headline as DJ?

First, DJ Spinall has been in the game since 2003, honing his craft and building his image, so there's no way somebody can compare him with somebody more recent, based on amount of work put in. But there will also be a time in the future when DJ Cuppy would have put in a lot of time in the game, so at that point we may be able to compare them on talent. My argument was that if we can accept that Spinall's marketability (along with Obi and Exclusive) is what got them endorsement deals, why do we have issue with Cuppy's marketability? After all that is what sells product - not necessarily time in the game.

Second, the title "Billionaire's daughter" is perpetuated by the same people who damn her for that very same title, so she gains and suffers for the name since it's a stick people use to beat and discount her personal hard work. Those writing it seek publicity for their articles, hence invoke the Otedola name. If they went by DJ Cuppy - or Florence - there'd likely be fewer views. I've argued that writer's stop using her father's name, but I suppose until she gains acceptance of her own work - like Davido for instance, she'll always be "that rich man's daughter, attempting to spin records".

Third, if one was being fair, how many big shows do upcoming DJs headline before they become big? But there's always that first big one, so your comment could apply to any DJ out there. She was chosen to DJ when Macron came around, you can attribute that to her father, sure, but if she hadn't done the prep work, she would not even be in the conversation. I don't think it's any different than IBM choosing young Bill Gates' software because his mother and an IBM CEO happened to know each other. Should we then discount Bill's hard work? Should we then discount Florence's hustle?

Nothing wrong with leveraging oneself, but family connection can only get you so far if you yourself cannot deliver, and my feeling is that people are sleeping on her, blinded by the fact that she's from a wealthy family. I suppose Xclusive got some of that when he was upcoming - what with his being related to Mrs. Alakija - people even claimed he was her son and so benefitted from her money.
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by stevio(m): 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
Pepsi will have answers to your questions & Google will blow ya mind grin
ElChidi:
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by olaitan411: 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
pp802:

Spot on
it's not her fault that she has a rich dad,many rich kids are worse off she is doing something At least. In your next life pray for a rich father.
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by stevio(m): 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
He's a bush-baby grin
Euouae:
Who is Ushebaby?
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by JastSiryin(m): 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
ElChidi:
You guys have asked this question to the point of irrelevance. But let's say she isn't as talented, but is riding on her father's coattails. I ask, is it a bad thing for one to take advantage of the privilege afforded him or her? And pls let's discard the ol' argument that "life ain't fair" because they're others more deserving bullshit. The world doesn't give a hoot about that. Don't even know the chic that well, but y'all should let her be abeg.
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by weezweezweez(m): 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
Mrcomedimatic:
There was frenzy on the internet when a clip from the comedy show, The Chronicles of Ushbebe, surfaced online, showing Ushbebe shade DJ Cuppy by referring to her as ‘wack.’

The young beautiful DJ who recently became a Pepsi ambassador, mocked the comedian with a post on Twitter. In her post, she included a picture showing herself and other Pepsi DJ ambassadors but she shaded Ushbebe with her caption which read,

” Now my haters gotta stare at my “WACK” face in traffic

http://www.ngg.ng/2018/03/26/finally-dj-cuppy-mocks-comedian-ushbebe-after-signing-pepsi-endorsement/
well, I love that reply though.. but to be honest, what has cuppy done that she deserved to be signed as an ambassador?... greater talents are there that are overlooked... naija firms/branches and eye service
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by weezweezweez(m): 10:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
Mrcomedimatic:
There was frenzy on the internet when a clip from the comedy show, The Chronicles of Ushbebe, surfaced online, showing Ushbebe shade DJ Cuppy by referring to her as ‘wack.’

The young beautiful DJ who recently became a Pepsi ambassador, mocked the comedian with a post on Twitter. In her post, she included a picture showing herself and other Pepsi DJ ambassadors but she shaded Ushbebe with her caption which read,

” Now my haters gotta stare at my “WACK” face in traffic

http://www.ngg.ng/2018/03/26/finally-dj-cuppy-mocks-comedian-ushbebe-after-signing-pepsi-endorsement/
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by MielBaker(m): 11:45pm On Mar 26, 2018
ElChidi:

Answer: Such is life and that is her fate.
Re: DJ Cuppy Mocks Comedian Ushbebe After Signing Pepsi Endorsement by SAINTHUD(m): 11:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
TPAND:
Cuppy is the world's first and only virtual DJ
. aaaah.....my lawd.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tatiana Dikeh Attempts Suicide: Tonto Dikeh's Sister Drinks Hypo / Ebiye Victor Proposes To Agnes Ejeme, Vixen In Orente Video (Photos, Video) / Linda Ikeji Fans Pose At Black Gate To Applaud‎ Her With Placards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.