Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack (21758 Views)

MI6 Spies Say Vladimir Putin Could Be Dead & A Body Double Is Taking His Place / Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian / Giant Swarm Of Flying Ants, Looking Like Rain Captured Sweeping Over UK (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Aladeintl: 11:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
Firgemachar:

Says who
Trump is Scottish!
NOPE BRO, maternally he is scot and partenally he is german.
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by SmartPolician: 11:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
scully95:
[s][/s]

Do we have people that are so completely sick like this ?
Mo gbe.. Putin is wrong ?? Britain is right with words like "highly likely". Do you know how foolish and so stupid it sounds to accuse a country of something and you use the word like 'highly Likely'. Yet you did not provide any evdence to back your 'highly likely'.

Even any media that carries such a message is nothing but spreading 'Fake news'.. 'Highly likely' is a probability that it happened or did not happen.. Do you understand English At all ? Even though English is my 5th language.

highly likely that Russia or Putin poisoned a Russian (He's not longer a Russian but his daughter is still a Russian) that worked as British Spy and when caught was jailed in Russia for 13 years and later pardoned ? Someone of no use whatsover ? And you use the phrase 'Highly likely' to send 23 Russia diplomats and then a few of AngloZionist puppet countries followed.

What vexes me the most is posts like this (https://www.nairaland.com/4416465/truly-historical-month-future-planet and this https://www.nairaland.com/4416465/truly-historical-month-future-planet#66185082) will not get to front page but fake news like this one above will get to front page.

Yes, it's fake news Because of the simple use of 'Highly likely' by Britain to justisfy sending out Russian diplomats. Even if a country is runned by primary 1 puppils, they will never use such a phrase to send out diplomats! OMG!

What is wrong with humans ?

Oh before i forget.. See how Putin ordered the 'highly likely' fake news/pretext

So, u want to make a point by canceling my post. Smh
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 27, 2018
Clerverly:
US President Donald Trump has authorized the expulsion of 60 alleged Russian spies from the United States in response to a nerve agent attack on an ex-spy in the English city of Salisbury.

Senior administration officials said that 48 “known intelligence officers” at the Russian consulate in Seattle and 12 more at the Russian mission to the UN have seven days to leave the country.

Details soon.

AFP

http://punchng.com/breaking-us-expels-60-russian-spies-over-uk-nerve-attack/amp/

lalasticlala

Probably suspected spies.
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by lucianohase(m): 12:28am On Mar 27, 2018
These are diplomats not spies, read: Russian Embassy in United States Has Launched Poll to Choose Which US Consulate-General to Close in ResponseRussian Embassy in United States Has Launched Poll to Choose Which US Consulate-General to Close in Response.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by lucianohase(m): 12:31am On Mar 27, 2018
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by scully95: 1:21am On Mar 27, 2018
lucianohase:
These are diplomats not spies, read: Russian Embassy in United States Has Launched Poll to Choose Which US Consulate-General to Close in ResponseRussian Embassy in United States Has Launched Poll to Choose Which US Consulate-General to Close in Response.

Thank you. I was looking for that Twitter link, I have voted even though im not a Russian grin grin grin. I voted St Petersburg Embassy to be shut down.

https://twitter.com/RusEmbUSA/status/978273613349556224

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by GentleNaaz(m): 3:49am On Mar 27, 2018
FarahAideed:
I trust Trump knows what he is doing even though I think it's a bad move ..It better US maintain better relationship with Russia than UK which has today turned into a dumping ground for radical Islamic ideologies.
You need to learn about international politics.
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Nobody: 5:44am On Mar 27, 2018
MONITZ:

Mr.Man wake up from ur slumber ,the US sure depend on Russia for her space rockets engines ,and funny thing is that an American senator even criticized this by saying; we re sanctioning Russia in every other economic area Bt we re not in the area of rocket technology because we still depend on them to supply our rockets with their engines because theirs re cheaper,better and more rugged than ours, so Ogbeni re u more in the know than this American senator?..
Wat Is This guy sayin U.S is the biggest imported in the world. U.S and europe have launched more space probe than russia.
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 27, 2018
partnerus:

From your assertion, its crystal clear you don't understand international politics and diplomacy. The UK is not in this all alone. Rather She is been backed by virtually all Her western allies. This spells doom for Russia economically, socially and politically. It will be suicidal for the Kremlin(Russia) to take tit for tat on this cause the resultant effect is better felt than imagined. Dont forget that Germany is amongst the highest consumers of the Russian Oil which is unarguably the mainstay of the Russian economy. No man is an island unto himself. I think this should explain better to you.
Trust Me these idiots wil not listen 2 u.
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 27, 2018
Skepticus:

You think sacking each other's diplomats stops that?

I hope you are aware that this isn't the first time Kremlin is murdering its own agent on foreign soil.

Remember Litvinenko.

Russia will always get away with its luck.

It's a just a matter of time before both Russia and the west find its way back together.
Truly this is not the first time Russia would do such but obviously this is the first time the western bloc will unanimously sanction Russia of this magnitude and it doesn't end with diplomatic row but a more stiffer economic sanctions which will deal a deadly blow to the Russian fragile economy.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 27, 2018
Appleyard:

How?
Dont forget no man is an island unto himself. The western Europe remains the largest buyer of the Russian oil which is the main stay of the Russian economy. Also there will be other stiffer sanctions underway from the western bloc and that will isolate Russia from the rest of the globe economically. This was envisaged by Putin himself in his inaugural speech after winning the election were he opined that Russia doesn't isolation but will seek diplomatic redress. That tells you that even Russia is weary of economic isolation.
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 27, 2018
Appleyard:

The Russians would take tit for tat action and nothing would happen. I repeat, nothing would happen. After the downing of the MH17 in Ukraine and the brouhaha that follows suit, the EU and US imposed sanctions on Russia. Russia retaliated in kind and till date, nothing happened.

So, the Russians will do that again and life we just go on. Nothing will happen. Russia is grandmaster of the geopolitical game.

Diplomacy doesnt work that way. Werr y expecting Putin to openly acknowledge the severity of the economic sanctions imposed by the western bloc? Remember that Russia was forced to sell her nuclear design to China in a bid to seduce the Chinese government to buy her oil. This measure was taken was the economic situation in Russia was in a delima.
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Gucciboss: 8:50am On Mar 27, 2018
GreatrAnalyst:

Are you for real? At least Google is your friend. UK was mostly called Great Britain when US got independence from them. Have you heard before of American Revolutionary War? Argue with history Bro.

Did you read me comment upside down? Or maybe you read only the first sentence? Please reread my comment. So what was rhat revolutionary War all about if it wasn't all about what I wrote up there? cheesy.
Unlike Nigeria that was granted independence, US actually took and asserted their independence.
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by hollywater: 11:12am On Mar 27, 2018
partnerus:

From your assertion, its crystal clear you don't understand international politics and diplomacy. The UK is not in this all alone. Rather She is been backed by virtually all Her western allies. This spells doom for Russia economically, socially and politically. It will be suicidal for the Kremlin(Russia) to take tit for tat on this cause the resultant effect is better felt than imagined. Dont forget that Germany is amongst the highest consumers of the Russian Oil which is unarguably the mainstay of the Russian economy. No man is an island unto himself. I think this should explain better to you.
In 2010/11,Russia cut off the supply of gas to some European countries,my brother it was a big problem for the whole Europe during winter. Don't joke with Russians. Even Germans fear them more than British do if you don't know.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by MONITZ: 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
Ikio:
Wat Is This guy sayin U.S is the biggest imported in the world. U.S and europe have launched more space probe than russia.

Oga,I know what I am saying ,dig deeper and u will surely see the answers to things u re not so sure of and the truth still is; Russia supplies the engines for America's space rockets,and this was the reason y a senator of the US was very critical of it nd even complained about the sanctions on Russia and severance of cooperation without including the Space programme because the US know she has a lot to lose if it was included...

So Mr.Man read further and u will surely see that which will set u free from preconceived notions and jumping into conclusions without proper research...

Go thru this link ;https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/amp/ncna5885..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Appleyard(m): 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2018
[quote author=Skepticus post=66185452]

You are funny, bro. No disrespect intended.

You kept mentioning riches and quoting wealth like the Russians surpass the US in wealth.

No time has the Russians ever outspend the US in wealth except the years 1950 - 1953. At the time, the Soviet Union never let out much information on the amount spent. Kremlinologists only arrived at it by estimating the amount it cost.

Money doesn't equate efficiency.

Russia in a space of 5 years, caught up with your higher -spending US and matched it in the Cold War Era defence and intelligence size.

That said, Russia (in its weakened, collapsed Soviet state) hasn't shown signs of backing down.

An experienced former KGB agent in Putin clearly outmatches your impulsive and naive Trump and an emotional bitch, Theresa.

To remind you again, they played minor/major role in influencing the elections of the strongest country on earth, the United States. That should tell you a lot if you have a thinking brain (no insult intended, please).

The west's sacking of russian diplomats is just a open bluff, one used to display weak bragaddocio to an "uninformed" world (I'm not surprised that a lot of you bought into it) The Russians are used to these (embargo and embassy shutdown). It has nothing to do with money or media influence.

The Russian has the end game as usual, broke or not.

Bookmark this thread. I'll remind you of it.

It's about well-calculated moves. [/QUOTE]

So much sense.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Appleyard(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2018
partnerus:

Dont forget no man is an island unto himself. The western Europe remains the largest buyer of the Russian oil which is the main stay of the Russian economy. Also there will be other stiffer sanctions underway from the western bloc and that will isolate Russia from the rest of the globe economically. This was envisaged by Putin himself in his inaugural speech after winning the election were he opined that Russia doesn't isolation but will seek diplomatic redress. That tells you that even Russia is weary of economic isolation.

No Country is immune to economic sanctions, but saying that Russia fears them is complete balddadash.
This country has endured so much pain and hardship than most developed nations of the world can only imagine. The Russians would do anything to be at peace with everyone but if you think they would sacrifice nationalism on the alter of Pacification, you will have to think again.

Yes, Europe is the main stay of the Russian gas market, and so what? If they pull the plug on Russia gas, they would freeze overnight. They simply cannot do without Russia gas, and they do not have other tougher measures on their list. Britain is just trying to deflate attention from Brexit, but so far, it ain't working. Rather, it keep exposing their frustration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by mikolo80: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
Firgemachar:
US (Trump) is standing with their (elder) brother.

Trump has NEVER denied/despised his British roots.

But then, I think the US should just have stayed out of this.
then what excuse will they give for military industrial complex budget
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by mikolo80: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
instead of producing tractors for their hungry farmers
simonlee:
Russian scientist be heading to the lab to prepare nuclear bombs like...
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by mikolo80: 9:28pm On Mar 27, 2018
hmmm
touche
eleojo23:

The UK will see more Islamic extremism in the future
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by mikolo80: 9:30pm On Mar 27, 2018
beware that russias economy cannot stand a war with the west
even with MAD nuclear deterrent
BlackPantherxXx:
Beware of Vladimir Putin

"The most powerful man in the world "

He's a "hard" man...gives no quarter
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by mikolo80: 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2018
nobody but usa can handle russia
Pepsi101:
USA should have stayed out of this imbroglio.I understand they are trying to send a message to Russia,however they should let UK handle their issues cos I believe they have the strength to handle their shiits
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by mikolo80: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
Skepticus:
cheesy grin

No amount of embargo or persona non grata declarations can ever weaken Russia.
yet they divided into 15 pieces and lost half their population

They have faced it far more worse than this.

I can bet Buhari's shrunken testicles on it that there are still more sleeping Russian agents in the US and the UK
and usa and uk don't need sleepers
they will simply parachute into the russia unimpeded by lesser tech and intelligent even though hard soldiers

Ordinary ISIS they infiltrate government, talkless of the Russians, the masters of espionage
no need for espionage when you gat satellites and f22s
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by mikolo80: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
ruggedtimi:
smelling war!! na small small small e dey start. North Korea will definitely be an ally to Russia. Just like Japan/ Germany during wwII. Please!! before they start throwing nukes at each other they should allow my younger bro to graduate in Russia and return peacefully.
is north korean an ally to itself
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Skepticus: 11:21pm On Mar 27, 2018
mikolo80:
yet they divided into 15 pieces and lost half their population and usa and uk don't need sleepers
they will simply parachute into the russia unimpeded by lesser tech and intelligent even though hard soldiers no need for espionage when you gat satellites and f22s

Wake up from your fantasies, bro.

It isn't a video game.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by DonBobes(m): 11:48pm On Mar 27, 2018
NOW DOS COUNTRIES EXPELLING RUSSSIAN DIPLOMATS ARE D POSSIBLE ENEMIES RUSSIA WILL FACE IF A 3rd WORLD WAR BREAKS
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by mikolo80: 12:29am On Mar 28, 2018
yes it is with the kind of resources the us of a has at its disposal
even north korea cannot stop invaders not to talk of russias large expanse of land
Skepticus:

Wake up from your fantasies, bro.

It isn't a video game.
Re: BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2018
MONITZ:

Oga,I know what I am saying ,dig deeper and u will surely see the answers to things u re not so sure of and the truth still is; Russia supplies the engines for America's space rockets,and this was the reason y a senator of the US was very critical of it nd even complained about the sanctions on Russia and severance of cooperation without including the Space programme because the US know she has a lot to lose if it was included...

So Mr.Man read further and u will surely see that which will set u free from preconceived notions and jumping into conclusions without proper research...

Go thru this link ;https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/amp/ncna5885..
read My Post U.S IMPORTS ALOT, Russia Does That, Not That U.S Can't But it wil take time, infact all nations import parts... russia from israel, india west e.t.c to build there tanks and anti-missiles....., U.S also so wats ur point??. wat am sayin is in terms of space exploration no nation beats the west and NASA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gaza Residents Broke Into UN Food Warehouses / World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill / Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.