Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" (50252 Views)

Lockdown: Osagie Ehanire, Chikwe Ihekweazu Meet Buhari (Photos) / Amaechi And Osinbajo On A Train As They Head To Kajola, Oyo / Donald Trump And Osinbajo Laughing At G7 Summit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by Pataricatering(f): 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2018
neezar:

If he said he was excited 2 meet buhari and osibanjo

The statement will be this

"I was excited 2 meet Buhari and osibanjo and also the good people of Nigeria"
you see that “ and “ that you added ? O ya go back and re-read the tweet !
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by Pecca: 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2018
Corrinthians:
Inconsolable Pigs of Biafra right now.. grin
Grammar. INconso...wetin.
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by cornoil(m): 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2018
Time registered: March 10, 2016
Time spent online: 2 months & 12 days

Selling your heritage for plate of porridge. Pray to end it well,

yarimo:
Bill Gates is excited to meet the most powerful president in the world. Sai BABA
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by cornoil(m): 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
Time registered: January 17, 2018
Time spent online: 8 days & 2 hours.

Pray you end it well. So pathetic.

buhariguy:
Gate should go and kill himself, after he failed to make idiotic pigs of Biafra and PDP to understand him.

He could not pass the message in clear terms for illiterate idiotic pigs of Biafra and PDP to understand him.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by barnawilla: 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
BILL GATES ,  “Nigeria is one of the most dangerous places in the world to give birth, with the fourth worst maternal mortality rate in the world ahead of only Sierra Leone, Central African Republic and Chad. One in three Nigerian children is chronically malnourished. But the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, in an interview with State House correspondents after the NEC meeting,  faulted the claim of Gates.
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by yarimo(m): 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
rather the most clueless dullard in the whole world, a dullard that pay terrorist millions of euro just to safe his sorry ass
you look beautiful in your profile picture grin grin
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by buhariguy(m): 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2018
cornoil:
Time registered: January 17, 2018
Time spent online: 8 days & 2 hours.

Pray you end it well. So pathetic.

you did not record when I received ban for one month.
Nonsense
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2018
seunmsg:

You really need to learn how to punctuate your sentence properly. I really can't get the point you are trying to make.

Bro, I understand English language is not your mother tongue but at least accept you made a blunder in comprehension. Here's what he tweeted:

"I was excited to visit Nigeria and meet with @MBuhari and @ProfOsibanjo to discuss the country's development goals".

Now let me break it down in simple terms:

"I was excited to visit Nigeria (he expresses his excitement after his visit to Nigeria)

...and meet with @MBuhari and @ProfOsibanjo to discuss the country's development goals". (Now he had to tell us the purpose of his visit which is " to discuss" the country's development goals, he had to tell us who he had this discussion with...he had to mention @MBuhari and @ProfOsinbanjo.

Note: He didn't tell us he was excited to have a meeting with @MBuhari and @ProfOsinbanjo but to discuss "the country's development goals. He went ahead to disclose the outcome of the meeting live on CNN...we all know the outcome of the meeting was not what Buhari and APC would love to hear. So, my brother, save yourself the stress of trying to seek consolation where there is none.

If you still dont understand what the tweet meant then you have to enroll yourself for an English language class (especially on comprehension) and stop embarrassing yourself publicly by defending outright ignorance.
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by Devgist: 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2018
seunmsg:

Go back to his tweet and read very slowly this time around.

It's a polite disapproval. How will you wait until someone tells you to do more about the human capital of your own people? Let's leave politics and tell the truth I beg you all. It's not about Buhari, it's about the development orientation of the goverment
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by progress69: 5:38pm On Mar 27, 2018
neezar:
Op I can see that criticism from Bill Gates 2 buhari also affected ur Understanding

Baba said he was excited to visit Nigeria

He also said he met with Buhari and vp....He never mentioned he was excited to see both

This is dullness at its peak.
Whats the function of 'AND'
Thie NL have really been dragged by all this highly unintelligent kids
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by progress69: 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

Bro, I understand English language is not your mother tongue but at least accept you made a blunder in comprehension. Here's what he tweeted:

"I was excited to visit Nigeria and meet with @MBuhari and @ProfOsibanjo to discuss the country's development goals".

Now let me break it down in simple terms:

"I was excited to visit Nigeria (he expresses his excitement after his visit to Nigeria)

...and meet with @MBuhari and @ProfOsibanjo to discuss the country's development goals". (Now he had to tell us the purpose of his visit which is " to discuss" the country's development goals, he had to tell us who he had this discussion with...he had to mention @MBuhari and @ProfOsinbanjo.

Note: He didn't tell us he was excited to have a meeting with @MBuhari and @ProfOsinbanjo but to discuss "the country's development goals. He went ahead to disclose the outcome of the meeting live on CNN...we all know the outcome of the meeting was not what Buhari and APC would love to hear. So, my brother, save yourself the stress of trying to seek consolation where there is none.

If you still dont understand what the tweet meant then you have to enroll yourself for an English language class (especially on comprehension) and stop embarrassing yourself publicly by defending outright ignorance.

This is dullness

Smh
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by progress69: 5:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
Built2last:

What does 'And' stand for in English.

I was EXCITED to visit Nigeria. And now told you who he met to discuss development goals. What did you get in English language. Talk true

U are confidently arguing BS.

What kind of dullness is this..

God!
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by progress69: 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2018
seunmsg:

Above is the first sentence of his tweet. Read and understand before commenting.

You have time o.

I have never seen this level of dullness before. Abeg dont argue with this people again....dem fit infect u o

What does and stand for in that sentence...

Chia!
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2018
progress69:

This is dullness

Smh

Na your type dey fly fence for primary school...I sure sey na back for class you dey sitdown when you dey school to avoid teacher question.

Its just not possible for a dullard like you to understand Bill Gate's tweet. A dullard is always a dullard even if you buy them the most expensive books.
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:55pm On Mar 27, 2018
progress69:

You have time o.

I have never seen this level of dullness before. Abeg dont argue with this people again....dem fit infect u o

What does and stand for in that sentence...

Chia!

Go school you no gree...have you asked yourself at what context the "and" was used in that sentence?...ask your teacher when you visit school next time, olodo.
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by CoolAmbience(m): 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
neezar:
Op I can see that criticism from Bill Gates 2 buhari also affected ur Understanding

Baba said he was excited to visit Nigeria

He also said he met with Buhari and vp....He never mentioned he was excited to see both

What is the fuss about?

Did he in anyway imply that he was not excited seeing Mr. President and VP?

Una and hate sef.
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by progress69: 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

Go school you no gree...have you asked yourself at what context the "and" was used in that sentence?...ask your teacher when you visit school next time, olodo.

And is a conjunction word. Used to combine 2 things together....
I met lade and tunde...means u met them both
I am excited to visit Nigeria and meet ....
Means he is excited to visit Nigeria and also excited to meet...
Chia...
Who did this to u guys?
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by progress69: 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

Na your type dey fly fence for primary school...I sure sey na back for class you dey sitdown when you dey school to avoid teacher question.

Its just not possible for a dullard like you to understand Bill Gate's tweet. A dullard is always a dullard even if you buy them the most expensive books.

All this kids rants u guys do on NL. ..lol! Taking dullness to another level...
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by KingOfAmebo(m): 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
progress69:

U are confidently arguing BS.

What kind of dullness is this..

God!

Olodo...this is for you and it is free to learn:

"Good writing style usually advocates a variety of sentence lengths. Some can be very short. You can certainly use and to join two related clauses together, and within one or both of those, you might use and as well. One way of expressing what you want is as follows".

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/187868/can-i-use-and-many-times-in-one-sentence

You should be asking yourself why you end up wasting your parents school fee.

This would be my last attempt to redeem you from irredeemable daftfullnes.
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by progress69: 6:05pm On Mar 27, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

"Good writing style usually advocates a variety of sentence lengths. Some can be very short. You can certainly use and to join two related clauses together, and within one or both of those, you might use and as well. One way of expressing what you want is as follows".

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/187868/can-i-use-and-many-times-in-one-sentence

Bro...look for ur mate....!

Have a good day.
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by KingOfAmebo(m): 6:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
progress69:

And is a conjunction word. Used to combine 2 things together....
I met lade and tunde...means u met them both
I am excited to visit Nigeria and meet ....
Means he is excited to visit Nigeria and also excited to meet...
Chia...
Who did this to u guys?

Olodo, in simple terms "you were excited to visit Ogbomosho and meet with lade and tunde to discuss their father's burial arrangement"..

You were excited to visit Ogbomosho but your primary reason for the visit is to meet with lade and tunde to discuss their father's burial arrangement.

if you still dont get the use of "and" as a conjuction here then sorry I can't help you.
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
yarimo:
you look beautiful in your profile picture grin grin
exactly tongue
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by Odbright(m): 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
yarimo:
Bill Gates is excited to meet the most powerful president in the world. Sai BABA
you are a goat
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by matthyking(m): 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by KingOfAmebo(m): 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2018
progress69:

Bro...look for ur mate....!

Have a good day.

Olodo, in simple terms "you were excited to visit Ogbomosho and meet with lade and tunde to discuss their father's burial arrangement"..

You were excited to visit Ogbomosho but your primary reason for the visit is to meet with lade and tunde to discuss their father's burial arrangement.

if you still dont get the use of "and" as a conjuction here then sorry I can't help you.
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by InvertedHammer: 6:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
dodelight:
Dear Zombies, that tweet by Bill Gate was to dose the tension on you guys. He could see you've been receiving hot blows up, down, left, right and centre after his comment on your king Buhari's poor economic plan.
Besides, the tweet is not a rebuttal of his earlier comment on your lord's apparent failure. So, op and fellow zombies, sorry!
/
The tweet is an afterthought. From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Gates has said his opinion. It is left for the Nigerian government to tow the path of honour or continue playing the blame games that are solutions to nothing.

/
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by neezar: 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2018
progress69:

This is dullness at its peak.
Whats the function of 'AND'
Thie NL have really been dragged by all this highly unintelligent kids
mr man swerve jare
Re: Bill Gates: "I Am Excited To Visit Nigeria & Meet Buhari And Osinbajo" by dablazor: 11:30am On Mar 28, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

You should be asking yourself why you end up wasting your parents school fee.

This would be my last attempt to redeem you from irredeemable daftfullnes.

Yes, the conjunction "and" can be used to link two related clauses. However, it is apparent that you misinterpret the link you referenced in the context of the above tweet.
If you can, check my last post in this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4420120/bill-gates-excited-visit-nigeria/2#66204115

This is mainly for educational purposes -- learning is a continuous process for us all -- as I don't care about the Nigerian political jargon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Reacts After His Appointment As Minister Of Works & Housing / Protesters Call For Saraki’s Sack As Senate Committee Submits Report On Marafa / Abaribe, Others Lose N300m Bail Bond As FG Rearrests Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.