Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best (17642 Views)

Top 5 Reasons Why Gaming Is Useful / We All Hate To Hear It But Mobile Gaming Is The Future Of Gaming / What Else To Do With A Pc Gaming Rig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by HausaOverlord: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
Pc gaming is mostly gud for fps games in my opinion, imagine playing FIFA or NBA on a pc, na tiredness go just kill u
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by HausaOverlord: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
Consoles especially the PS4 have more exclusive games that u can never get on a pc
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Zane2point4(m): 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2018
i have a good gaming laptop, but i don't even know where to get good games, any help?
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by ManirBK: 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
Follygunners:

Go play dat rubbish and no need to post it on here... angry angry angry

Btw... go play SFV and MKX and MKXL... but, abeg... get dat thing off here. Thanks! angry angry angry
pls where can i get SyphonFilter game for my PC?
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by HausaOverlord: 10:27pm On Mar 27, 2018
Zane2point4:
i have a good gaming laptop, but i don't even know where to get good games, any help?
if u are in Lagos go to computer village, I must warn u most of their games are crap and they usually have on error or the other

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Hakeem12(m): 10:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
Zane2point4:
order from jumia, buy on steam, or if you don't care about online gameplay, you can download from oceanofgames.com

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by chiboy1116: 10:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
the funny tin is i dont evn have a high end pc its just a gtx980mx 3gbram 2tb 12gb core i7 6th gen with a 3.0ghz which can b boosted to 3.5 nd i got it for 600$ on ebay .leave ll dis guys , i saw dis gaming system yesterday its worth 20k$ dats close to 8mnaira .nd dis alptops are not only used for gaming they are also used to mine cryptocurencies like bitcions.
Singapore1:

lol, the funniest thing is that console gamers think pc gamers are broke

the latest ps4 is just 400$, you can get a 1080pi TV at 150$ on ebay
thats 550$ in total

still below a good gaming laptop
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by chiboy1116: 10:38pm On Mar 27, 2018
i get 4k tv for house with my stereo ,just use hdmi do everything u go forget say ps6 go come sef ....lolx
HausaOverlord:
Pc gaming is mostly gud for fps games in my opinion, imagine playing FIFA or NBA on a pc, na tiredness go just kill u
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by fowlyansh181(m): 11:40pm On Mar 27, 2018
seuncyber:
Dude u need to play PS4 FIFA
play it on a very fast work station and you’d understand it’s the same thing as the ps4
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by fowlyansh181(m): 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
Akoja360:
dem never born the PC wey fit come overpower my xboxOne x
your xboxone x doesn’t even come close to a potato masher.. dude , pc gaming is not laptop gaming

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by nelsonebby(m): 11:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
Pc gaming is by far better. (Desktop pc not all these rubbish laptop)
I have a ps4 and I can tell the difference.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Redphallus(m): 12:02am On Mar 28, 2018
Bruh, Console aint even that expensive no more. I just got a refurbished ps4, a pad, and a headphone for $150.
LordAdam16:

It takes one to know one ain't that right?

Console $399. HD TV as low as $300 and you're feeling fly.

Play Battlefield 4 in 4K on a maxed out Origin PC Millenium with dual GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics card and an Acer XR382CQK gaming monitor if you wouldn't throw your console in the trash can.

The irony of console gamers talking about PC gamers being broke. Heck a Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum keyboard and Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum gaming mice is only a Benjamin less than a PS4 Pro. The OP didn't even talk about VR gaming on PC. You're trying to compare consoles on 5-yr development cycles with PCs that get new amazing graphic cards every quarter.

The arrogance of console gamers sha!

-Lord
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Redphallus(m): 12:07am On Mar 28, 2018
Xbox one X is as powerful as any other gaming pc; most importantly, cheaper. A buddy of mine built his PC with a comparable spec as Xbox one X for $550, the cheapest I've heard. Xbox one X is $500, therefore it is none the wiser to get a console.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by shogsman(m): 12:30am On Mar 28, 2018
Just be deceiving yourself I've got both,and nothing beats gaming on a real console, its called personal computer for something. Go and emulate ps4 god of war on your PC.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by chukzyfcbb: 12:44am On Mar 28, 2018
Yes it is true PC consoles can have very powerful processors and excellent graphic cards. At best it would be good for Multi tasking, games and other high end IT stuffs like design.

BUT

Size is key.
Playing a HD game on a 40/50inch screen tv gives a much better gaming experience.

Also PC pads don't last long, they get spoilt easily.
I can't risk playing games on a laptop I bought for 500k or more. That laptop should be used for more productive things, constant gaming without adequate cooling in the environs could easily hamper life span of the pc

Console is money well spent, not forgetting the fact you have the ability to play on a very large screen than on a PC screen that's not more than 17inches.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Chrisjordan2015(m): 12:57am On Mar 28, 2018
Disadvanges.....lack of ps4 exclusives like uncharted, God of War etc
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Zane2point4(m): 1:20am On Mar 28, 2018
Hakeem12:
order from jumia, buy on steam, or if you don't care about online gameplay, you can download from oceanofgames.com
Excellent, buh to download a 23g game size isn't funny bro.
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by crafteck(m): 1:21am On Mar 28, 2018
Due to my job im in the best position in nigeria to talk about this, you are very wrong, forget about what you read and copied online, its probably written by one of us trying to justify spending 10 times console money on pc, thats a 2k usd pc and a 550k 4k 55 inches samsung, i bought them cos i can afford them but its stupid

Iykelinus:
Today, we take a look at a somewhat controversial topic among gamers – PC versus console gaming. While both platforms most definitely offer their own set of strengths and weaknesses for video gaming, I personally believe that PC gaming is far superior to console gaming for a multitude of reasons.
No
Why do you ask? Below you will find a list of 10 reasons why pc gaming is better than console gaming that highlight why I believe you will have a much better gaming experience if you elect to go with a PC or a gaming laptop for your game system compared to any of the leading consoles that are currently available on the market. But before we look at these reasons, let’s examine a little more closely consoles and the debate the currently rages among gamers.

Consoles Aren’t All Bad
One thing this post is not is a let’s bash console gaming post. On the contrary, I believe consoles can offer up something unique to the gaming world as well and I own consoles myself. Still, PC gaming can provide you with some of the best gaming experiences you will have simply because of the many benefits using a PC for gaming can provide. Whether it is your controls, your ability to play old games or the flexibility the modding community can provide, you will find something to love about PC gaming no matter who you are.

Still, consoles all provide a great way to enjoy your games and today’s modern consoles have come a long way from the early days to provide a compelling user experience along with a host of other media tools to make them all in one entertainment devices, not just console gaming machines.

Never Ending Debate
I don’t expect that the reasons I give today to be some magic bullet that will end the debate once and for all. The fact is both PC’s and consoles provide a unique user experience and they are all great gaming devices. Heck, I own every console there is as well. Still I find that I always go back and spend more of my game time on PC games than I do on my consoles. But I wouldn’t want to do without my consoles altogether.

Remember, before you get mad at me for this post and sound off in the comments, there is room for all the different types of gaming systems in this world and room for everyone who thinks that consoles are better as well. Still, it is my belief that overall PC’s can provide you with the best gaming experience and provide you with the tools to enjoy your video games much more compared to the console systems.

I don’t expect that the reasons I give today to be some magic bullet that will end the debate once and for all. The fact is both PC’s and consoles provide a unique user experience and they are all great gaming devices. Heck, I own every console there is as well. Still I find that I always go back and spend more of my game time on PC games than I do on my consoles. But I wouldn’t want to do without my consoles altogether.

10 Reasons PC Gaming Is Just…Better

Let’s take a quick look at 10 reasons PC gaming is better than console gaming so you can begin to see the advantages of using a PC as your gaming rig instead of one of the leading consoles that are currently on the market.

1. Better Controller Support
There is nothing better for controlling video games than a traditional PC and a mouse. If you want to add a gamepad or other controlling device, all you have to do is plug one in. Still, you can play all your games using your keyboard and mouse giving you some of the most accurate controls available when compared to the analog sticks found on gamepads today. To be fair, most of the console makers have begun releasing keyboards and mice for their games, but the compatibility with the console games is hit and miss at best. If you want the best control over your characters in game, you will want to use a PC. In the end, you simply can’t go wrong with the simple, yet flexible and powerful controls offered by a good gaming keyboard and mouse.

2. Higher Resolution Capabilities

While Xbox and Sony do, in fact, have Full HD gaming today and many of the games on the consoles do look quite impressive, PC’s have had this ability for quite some time now. The software has taken awhile to catch up to the hardware capabilities but it has been there for years. This just underscores how much more flexible and powerful PC gaming hardware can be and, if used correctly, can deliver a much more engaging experience for users pushing some of the best graphics and audio that you will find in a game today.

3. Upgradeable Hardware

One of the biggest advantages that PC’s have is the ability to upgrade the hardware without having to buy a brand new machine every time your computer can’t handle the latest game to be released. Admittedly, if you are gaming on a laptop, you are somewhat more limited, but even still you have the ability to make a few upgrades here and there to improve your gaming experience. On consoles, however, you are locked into a set of hardware specs that will be used for years. This means that as gaming development evolves, they will be limited by the hardware since console manufacturers only release new hardware every few years.

4. Multiple Online Services

One of the best parts of using a PC for gaming is the freedom that comes with it. On consoles, you are locked into using the online services they provide, and in the case of Xbox Live, that comes with an added cost. On a PC, you are free to roam the Internet and find the best online services you can for the games you enjoy. Often these are available completely for free and often provide a better user experience overall. Of course, the best part is, if you don’t like one community, you can just go somewhere else, instead of being stuck in one single community like you are on your favorite consoles.

5. More Storage Space

On the Xbox and the PS4, games are restricted to the size of the discs that they use and are often forced to download extras onto the relatively small hard drives that are included with the consoles. This limits your gaming potential as well as how many games you can store. Hard Drives on most PC’s these days have gotten huge, giving you the ability to store as many games and saved files as you want. If you run out of space, you can always add a bigger drive or a secondary drive as well, giving you almost limitless potential for how many games you have in your collection.

6. Classic Gaming

There is nothing better than firing up an old game that was made almost 20 years ago and reliving some of your past gaming experiences. For younger gamers, it can provide valuable insight into how games were made and how they have evolved over time as well. It is also just plain fun. Consoles, however, limit your ability to do this unless you want to keep the older consoles connected as well. Of course, some console makers such as Nintendo have recognized this demand and have begun releasing their older games on their newer consoles, but these come with an additional cost. Often you can find old games for PC available for free and you can even download the tools to run them on modern machines at no charge as well, making classic gaming a much easier and cheaper experience compared to the consoles.

7. Free Mods
Hands down one my favorite aspects of PC gaming is the ability to mod the games to alter the gameplay in some form or fashion. Whether it is adding in a host of new items, altering the graphics, or even adding additional levels to play through, the modding community has been hard at work altering games for decades now creating unique gameplay objectives that were not even considered by the original developer teams. This gives you hours upon hours of added playtime to a game meaning you get a lot more for your money compared to a console game. On console games, you are locked into what the developers want you to do. While some games have added some basic modding abilities on the consoles, they are nothing when compared to what designers and developers can do with the code on the PC. If you enjoy modding your games, PC gaming is the way you need to go.

8. Cheaper Games

Expensive licensing fees and added development time to ensure that the game performs well on each specific console often drives up the cost of console games. Even older used games often seem more expensive compared to the PC alternatives. Admittedly, this isn’t always the case, and sometimes you will get sticker shock when checking out the latest new game that is available. But, in general, your gaming budget will be much more wallet friendly if you game on a PC.

9. Unofficial Fixes for Games

Let’s face it, not all games are released exactly how we wanted them. Often times the game developers never get around to fixing that one thing that you wish was different about the game. Enter again the modding community. On older PC games, modders have often taken the time to patch and fix the games themselves so they run and perform better and sometimes they even squash some of the most annoying bugs that crop up during game play. You won’t find these kinds of options on console games, as you simply don’t have the ability to make mods and fixes yourself all that easily.

10. Easy Migration of Games

Time to get a new rig? No problem. Simply back up your saved game files and reinstall the game on your new machine. Once you finish you can pick up right where you left off in your favorite game. That doesn’t always work out so well on consoles. In some cases, older games for previous consoles simply won’t work at all forcing you to keep that one connected to your television if you still want to play that one game you have yet to finish.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by crafteck(m): 1:39am On Mar 28, 2018
Part of what i do, suscribe to the channel pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwX4pLrNzQ
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Iykelinus(m): 6:16am On Mar 28, 2018
Check jumia, i got mine there
Zane2point4:
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Whizzahd(m): 7:09am On Mar 28, 2018
All console gamers should hide their faces when pc gamers speak. You guys are spitting shit over ps4. Get a simple 1080p monitor, throw in a 1080ti Tegra graphics card... And an Intel i7 7700hk cpu. I swear to you right now that you will sue Sony and Microsoft with your last penny for making those piece of shit they call Xbox Scorpio and ps4.they are not actually scrap bur they don't match up to pc graphics or gaming experience. Even the ps 5 would still not have the power of the 1080ti got that costs more than a Keke. Pc upgrades every year unlike consoles. So before you own your mouth to criticize pc, think twice. The true console gamers know this. I love console gaming, with its powerful hardware, but pc will always be more powerful. The op is right in every way even though he copied the post online and refused to write the source. PEACE

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by PotatoSalad(m): 7:10am On Mar 28, 2018
Mandrake007:
PC is great cos of convenience,i've got a quality dell with games in it but I'd stick to my PS4 man,nothing beats the feeling of playing fifa on a large TV screen
Nah. I have a gaming pc wirh 4k resolution hooked to my 43" 4k tv
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by PotatoSalad(m): 7:12am On Mar 28, 2018
shogsman:
Just be deceiving yourself I've got both,and nothing beats gaming on a real console, its called personal computer for something. Go and emulate ps4 god of war on your PC.
Don't say this outside

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Whizzahd(m): 7:15am On Mar 28, 2018
PotatoSalad:
Don't say this outside
Tell him if not dey go beat am shege if he steps into onyibo land

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by PotatoSalad(m): 7:23am On Mar 28, 2018
Whizzahd:

Tell him if not dey go beat am shege if he steps into onyibo land
My gaming PC handles fallout 4 at 4k and ultra settings smoothly. I planned to get a ps4 pro last year but got a gaming pc with max specs instead and have never been happier.
The only downside is the laptop gets hot while playing in ultra settings.
Gaming pc over console any day anytime smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Whizzahd(m): 7:23am On Mar 28, 2018
Let's be clear here. If it's gaming on a budget, a console definitely beats a pc by wide margin... Can u even get a pc at 20k to play God of war? Didn't think so but you can get a ps2 at that price. Same thing with ps3 at 60k and ps 4 at 120k.goof luck getting a pc that will run gta v without hiccups at 120k...so if you're gaming but you're low on cash a console is the best option. But if we are talking if any price, pc rules as we even have gaming laptops that cost more than 3mil#. So that's it basically... For those that say ps 4 has more exclusive titles than pc think thrice.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Whizzahd(m): 7:25am On Mar 28, 2018
PotatoSalad:

My gaming PC handles fallout 4 at 4k and ultra settings smoothly. I planned to get a ps4 pro last year but got a gaming pc with max specs instead and have never been happier.
The only downside is the laptop gets hot while playing in ultra settings.
Gaming pc over console any day anytime smiley

I am already jealous. Pc gaming is actually more suitable for desktop than it is for laptops. As system units are more spacious and cheaper to upgrade
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Whizzahd(m): 7:28am On Mar 28, 2018
Whizzahd:
All console gamers should hide their faces when pc gamers speak. You guys are spitting shit over ps4. Get a simple 1080p monitor, throw in a 1080ti Tegra graphics card... And an Intel i7 7700hk cpu. I swear to you right now that you will sue Sony and Microsoft with your last penny for making those piece of shit they call Xbox Scorpio and ps4.they are not actually scrap bur they don't match up to pc graphics or gaming experience. Even the ps 5 would still not have the power of the 1080ti got that costs more than a Keke. Pc upgrades every year unlike consoles. So before you own your mouth to criticize pc, think twice. The true console gamers know this. I love console gaming, with its powerful hardware, but pc will always be more powerful. The op is right in every way even though he copied the post online and refused to write the source. PEACE
[quote author=Whizzahd post=66220598]

I haven't even mentioned the newest core i9 processors yet
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by PotatoSalad(m): 7:38am On Mar 28, 2018
Whizzahd:

I am already jealous. Pc gaming is actually more suitable for desktop than it is for laptops. As system units are more spacious and cheaper to upgrade
That's true. But you also have to account for power failures and portability.
If you have access to uninterrupted power supply, build a gaming rig, if you want something smaller and efficient, get a gaming laptop. Lenovo, asus rog, Alienware, msi, Razer
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Lildoks(m): 9:03am On Mar 28, 2018
ollah2:

Shut up. Do you know the prices of high end gaming pcs ?

Alienware, MSI, Razer et al

Gamers are freaks
Who is talking about Alienware here, they are aren't specifically created for gaming. the games on Alienware ain't anu better than that on xbox one or ps4 now
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by cao(f): 9:12am On Mar 28, 2018
Whizzahd:
So because you've to buy new upgrades for your PC every year, it's better? Abegi, I rather have something that is built to last for a whole generation cycle than something that is technically obsolete, the second a new part has been upgraded. Graphics is not everything, if it were, games like The Order 1886 would be highly revered. There's no point fawning all about graphics improving the gaming experience when the mechanics & narrative of the game is s**t, that's literally just polished s**t.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FIFA 23 Mod FIFA 14 Apk+obb+data Offline Download - PS5 Camera / Official NL FIFA 13 Thread / Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.