Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best - Gaming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best (17639 Views)

Top 5 Reasons Why Gaming Is Useful / We All Hate To Hear It But Mobile Gaming Is The Future Of Gaming / What Else To Do With A Pc Gaming Rig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Hakeem12(m): 1:22pm On Mar 29, 2018
Aceed:

TBH, technically, it's not PC vs CONSOLES, it's actually PC[XBOX] vs PS.

With time, when there is so much integration between PC and XBOX because of Microsoft, PS will be BBM. grin

Enjoy it while it lasts. wink

When I saw Lord16's post about gaming expos, I thought about those aesthetic beasts and beauties I see online and on mags, they make consoles look like rags.

Talking about surfing the net and watching videos on PS, PC's are better suited for IoT's than consoles.

Have you thought about playing your favourite song through gaming headsets while gaming, SWEET!

Or replacing the games soundtrack/songs with yours? undecided
yeah, practically have my regular playlist on GTA v for PC. Man I gotta say, it makes a lot of sense. Listening to Sam smith, John prine, and ASA while cruising through countrysides. Its just feels like heaven.PC RULES
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Thegamingorca(m): 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2018
Aceed:

TBH, technically, it's not PC vs CONSOLES, it's actually PC[XBOX] vs Ps
Have you thought about playing your favourite song through gaming headsets while gaming, SWEET!

Or replacing the games soundtrack/songs with yours? undecided

Play station4 not only has a soundcloud of songs you can select from called Spotify, it let's you play said sounds simultaneously when you play games on the console.. it's also got Netflix grin so you play videos instead of games entirely grin try doing that on your xbox/PC aka Nokia grin

Xbox is a little box of garbage...even Phil Spencer knows that. grin

Again not even with the association of a dead console with your PC. You PC gamers cant save face on the grand scale of things grin

When you mentioned that a new console replaces a previous console gen...I presumed you were referring accurately to the xbox line of gaming consoles. grin

There is no greater useless console in the world today than xbox. They make it a point to kill customer base of older xbox gens as the xbox one series can play any xbox game ever made. And more grin

Again, emphasis on the grand scale of things. The only console to sell upto 70million units(btw xbox one, Nintendo switch and xboxone) since the history of forever and counting is the Play station 4 grin. I wonder how many Pcs plus xbox one consoles have been sold till date grin

Mr man, likening playstation to BBM is ironic. As the PC/Xbox consoles and their games are the least patronised items in the world of gaming.

Check Konga and jumia or any gamestore in Nigeria grin
Playstation games are sold more readily than xbox and PC games combined.

Go to any game centre . Ask for xbox games and see if dey have the console let alone play it's games. Then compare with ps4 and ps3 customers and games to play. grin

PC/Xbox is dead. Confused hoe.

And to add the icing on the cake. Developers didn't make triple A exclusives worthy of the name triple A for PC or Xbox last year and now grin

I'm going to just have to drop the mic now cos you are amazed at how useless of a console the xbox is grin Next time do your research before quoting me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Aceed: 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Play station not only has a soundcloud of songs you can select from...to play music you prefer listening to on your headset, it's got Netflix grin so you play videos instead of games entirely grin try doing that on your xbox/PC aka Nokia grin

Xbox is a little box of garbage...even Phil Spencer knows that. grin

Again not even with the association of a dead console with your PC. You PC gamers cant save face on the grand scale of things grin

When you mentioned that a new console replaces a previous console gen...I presumed you were referring accurately to the xbox line of gaming consoles. grin

There is no greater useless console in the world today than xbox. They make it a point to kill customer base of older xbox gens as the xbox one series can play any xbox game ever made. And more grin

Again, emphasis on the grand scale of things. The only console to sell upto 70million units since the history of forever and counting is the Play station 4 grin. I wonder how many Pcs plus xbox one consoles have been sold till date grin

Mr man, likening playstation to BBM is ironic. As the PC/Xbox consoles and their games are the least patronised items in the world of gaming.

Check Konga and jumia or any gamestore in Nigeria grin
Playstation games are sold more readily than xbox and PC games combined.

Go to any game centre . Ask for xbox games and see if dey have the console let alone play it's games. Then compare with ps4 and ps3 customers and games to play. grin

PC/Xbox is dead. Confused hoe.

And to add the icing on the cake. Developers didn't make triple A exclusives worthy of the name triple A for PC or Xbox last year and now grin

Guy I am talking of the integration of Xbox games to PC platform i.e in the nearest future, the capability to play any Xbox game on PC without emulators not a PC/Xbox collabo...

You are just talking about game sales in Nigeria

@bolded, you just had some perks on PS4 only that PC gamers have been enjoying since ages and you already in cloud 9.

It's not too late to port. grin

If we want to talk about things of no real relation with gaming that you can do on a PC which can't be done on a PS, you can't win, you know that. cool

For a start, you can't type a document on a PS4, can you? grin

You'll need a new language of X's and O's for that... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Thegamingorca(m): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2018
Aceed:

Guy I am talking of the integration of Xbox games to PC platform i.e in the nearest future, the capability to play any Xbox game on PC without emulators not a PC/Xbox collabo...

You are just talking about game sales in Nigeria

@bolded, you just had some perks on PS4 only that PC gamers have been enjoying since ages and you already in cloud 9.

It's not too late to port. grin

If we want to talk about things of no real relation with gaming that you can do on a PC which can't be done on a PS, you can't win, you know that. cool

For a start, you can't type a document on a PS4, can you? grin

You'll need a new language of X's and O's for that... grin grin grin

grin grin

Even if you had been enjoying it. It's a perk you no longer can point at us and say like your earlier statement that a PC has an edge over ps4.

We can type not only documents and save them, but surf the Internet on our ps4. grin

Telling me that a console will loose the battle when it comes to being the jack of all trades grin

I'm going to reply that statement with 2 questions for your judgement.

1)Is it necessary for a console to be made to do other things other than game?

The answer to the question will also answer the next one.

2)Is a PC a gaming console? grin

Cc cao lana1
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Aceed: 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
Thegamingorca:

grin grin

Even if you had been enjoying it. It's a perk you no longer can point at us and say like your earlier statement that a PC has an edge over ps4.

We can type not only documents and save them, but surf the Internet on our ps4. grin

Telling me that a console will loose the battle when it comes to being the jack of all trades grin

I'm going to reply that statement with 2 questions for your judgement.

1)Is it necessary for a console to be made to do other things other than game?

The answer to the question will also answer the next one.

2)Is a PC a gaming console? grin

Cc cao lana1

This argument is a pure waste of my time, being serious here, I don't know if you can afford time...therefore it's most likely I won't mention anyone again.

To whomever or to the generation that would end this back and forth, the floor is yours...

1. Is it necessary for a PC not to be made to do other things aside gaming?

2. Is a console a gaming PC?

The answer to the question is the will lead to the conclusion below:

A PC IS MORE THAN A CONSOLE, WHETHER IT IS A GAMING CONSOLE OR A FORKING CONSOLE!

tongue grin tongue grin

P.S: Abeg no ban me ooo, all this argument na just for laffs for my side ooo, no carry am for head.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Thegamingorca(m): 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2018
Aceed:

This argument is a pure waste of my time, being serious here, I don't know if you can afford time...therefore it's most likely I won't mention anyone again.

To whomever or to the generation that would end this back and forth, the floor is yours...

1. Is it necessary for a PC not to be made to do other things aside gaming?

2. Is a console a gaming PC?

The answer to the question is the will lead to the conclusion below:

A PC IS MORE THAN A CONSOLE, WHETHER IT IS A GAMING CONSOLE OR A FORKING CONSOLE!

;P grin ;P grin

P.S: Abeg no ban me ooo, all this argument na just for laffs for my side ooo, no carry am for head.

If indeed truly, the PC is the master game device, this argument wouldn't exist grin let's liken it to a senior broda in university and a younger broda in primary school, both solving basic arithmetic involving highest common factor and lowest common multiples. It goes without saying that it won't be seen as exciting or a big deal if the senior broda solves it correctly, right? grin would it not be odd if the senior broda brags and boast about his proficiency and skill to the outside world as compared to his younger broda? grin

In this discussion, the bigger broda from my analogy ought to be the PC, right? grin

Why therefore do you PC gamers time and time again have to prove your alleged superiority? cheesy cheesy

You guys know as well as we ps gamers, that you are not worthy to scrap the dirt beneath ps gamers feet cheesy grin

Go suck a fat one.

Cc lana1 akbliv010
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 30, 2018
fowlyansh181:
your xboxone x doesn’t even come close to a potato masher.. dude , pc gaming is not laptop gaming
you seriosly wanna be that guy ?theres no gaming pc that comes close to the one x dude..u can google it yourself
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by fowlyansh181(m): 9:04am On Mar 30, 2018
Akoja360:
you seriosly wanna be that guy ?theres no gaming pc that comes close to the one x dude..u can google it yourself
the one X ? Lol. The one X doesn’t even come close to a potato masher, no need googling
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by fowlyansh181(m): 9:05am On Mar 30, 2018
Thegamingorca:

If indeed truly, the PC is the master game device, this argument wouldn't exist grin let's liken it to a senior broda in university and a younger broda in primary school, both solving basic arithmetic involving highest common factor and lowest common multiples. It goes without saying that it won't be seen as exciting or a big deal if the senior broda solves it correctly, right? grin would it not be odd if the senior broda brags and boast about his proficiency and skill to the outside world as compared to his younger broda? grin

In this discussion, the bigger broda from my analogy ought to be the PC, right? grin

Why therefore do you PC gamers time and time again have to prove your alleged superiority? cheesy cheesy

You guys know as well as we ps gamers, that you are not worthy to scrap the dirt beneath ps gamers feet cheesy grin

Go suck a fat one.

Cc lana1 akbliv010
following your argument, the theory about pc gamers trying hard to prove it outperforms a console is this , Gaming is the sole purpose of why a console is made, so in essence that should be its field/department, and it should be a king in it .. now a pc comes with a much more sophisticated hardware that the console won’t even dream of having in years , the pc also comes with a great joystick perfect for gaming and also much more extra perks of modding , getting cheaper games and still having a connect to tv HDMI option , and wanna know the best part? Gaming is not even the main job or even the thing these pc are made to do. Gaming is just a bonus and they still blow out the consoles in their jobs . So why wouldn’t pc folks remind console folks of that? The most expensive console I’d ever buy would be around $300 or $400 , you can google the price of a well parked pc , and understand that it can buy the console twice and still have enough left to buy the game disc .
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Thegamingorca(m): 10:10am On Mar 30, 2018
fowlyansh181:
following your argument, the theory about pc gamers trying hard to prove it outperforms a console is this , Gaming is the sole purpose of why a console is made, so in essence that should be its field/department, and it should be a king in it .. now a pc comes with a much more sophisticated hardware that the console won’t even dream of having in years , the pc also comes with a great joystick perfect for gaming and also much more extra perks of modding , getting cheaper games and still having a connect to tv HDMI option , and wanna know the best part? Gaming is not even the main job or even the thing these pc are made to do. Gaming is just a bonus and they still blow out the consoles in their jobs . So why wouldn’t pc folks remind console folks of that? The most expensive console I’d ever buy would be around $300 or $400 , you can google the price of a well parked pc , and understand that it can buy the console twice and still have enough left to buy the game disc .

Oh shut it mac Daniels.

Stop bringing p's gamers down to your level.

You are free to run along to go and play your patch riddled indie games at better graphics grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by crafteck(m): 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
fowlyansh181:
the one X ? Lol. The one X doesn’t even come close to a potato masher, no need googling

Thats a lie, one x and pro perform better than an average pc, forget specs and paid reviews, play on both systems and c d difference
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by fowlyansh181(m): 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Oh shut it mac Daniels.

Stop bringing p's gamers down to your level.

You are free to run along to go and play your patch riddled indie games at better graphics grin
obviously if one tackles a point with insults , they are just accepting a bitter loss.. lol. I will indulge you no longer, enjoy cool

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by fowlyansh181(m): 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
crafteck:

Thats a lie, one x and pro perform better than an average pc, forget specs and paid reviews, play on both systems and c d difference
lol. I don't even own a gaming pc , I own a PS4 pro and I know owning a very good gaming pc not laptop would be better

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by AKBliv010(m): 3:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
In my opinion, the gaming experience is what matters and this is where the PC potentially has flaws.

On consoles, the software (game) is built around the console's hardware leading to better optimisation. On the contrary, PC game developers cannot design their games for every possible configuration around the world which means if you have sub-par hardware your gaming experience will be poor.

The points raised in the original post are good but I think it's greatly dependant on having the funds available for a gaming PC and interest.

Personally, I see gaming on a PC as a bonus as my PC is used for several other tasks. I had a console and a laptop in the past but knowing I could have a PC that can do both gaming and productivity workloads meant I can have one device that does it all. I also have a lot of passion for modding (hardware/software) and the PC has much more freedom to do those.

I've found that this topic is usually biased though. If one is into tweaking, modding, productivity workloads etc, they'll usually prefer a PC and if one is a casual gamer with little or no interest in the above, they'll usually stick with a console.

At the end of it all, it's the experience that counts and it varies from person to person.

Snapshot of my latest PC mod smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by crafteck(m): 7:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
AKBliv010:
In my opinion, the gaming experience is what matters and this is where the PC potentially has flaws.

On consoles, the software (game) is built around the console's hardware leading to better optimisation. On the contrary, PC game developers cannot design their games for every possible configuration around the world which means if you have sub-par hardware your gaming experience will be poor.

The points raised in the original post are good but I think it's greatly dependant on having the funds available for a gaming PC and interest.

Personally, I see gaming on a PC as a bonus as my PC is used for several other tasks. I had a console and a laptop in the past but knowing I could have a PC that can do both gaming and productivity workloads meant I can have one device that does it all. I also have a lot of passion for modding (hardware/software) and the PC has much more freedom to do those.

I've found that this topic is usually biased though. If one is into tweaking, modding, productivity workloads etc, they'll usually prefer a PC and if one is a casual gamer with little or no interest in the above, they'll usually stick with a console.

At the end of it all, it's the experience that counts and it varies from person to person.

Snapshot of my latest PC mod smiley

Well said boss, and people that haven't experienced both havnt earned d right to come and argue here...
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Thegamingorca(m): 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
crafteck:

Well said boss, and people that haven't experienced both havnt earned d right to come and argue here...

grin ppl dat don't give a sh*t about pc nko? Are dey good? cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2018
Lildoks:
Broke man mentality. Better get a proper console and a good HD TV and enjoy the best of gaming. Apart from the cheaper game and the patching of games everything posted isn't factual at all
actually, the cost of buying a gtx 1080,1070,1060.even 980 pc or laptop can buy you double PS4 and a HD tv

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by crafteck(m): 8:27am On Mar 31, 2018
Thegamingorca:

grin ppl dat don't give a sh*t about pc nko? Are dey good? cheesy

How can they relate the 2 worlds when theyve only seen 1
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by crafteck(m): 8:29am On Mar 31, 2018
If a competition is to be organised which 3 games must be played?
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by crafteck(m): 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2018
fowlyansh181:
lol. I don't even own a gaming pc , I own a PS4 pro and I know owning a very good gaming pc not laptop would be better
Dont be so sure, i have 4 ps4s and one of the best gaming pcs in the market..
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by fowlyansh181(m): 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2018
crafteck:

Dont be so sure, i have 4 ps4s and one of the best gaming pcs in the market..
i don’t have 4 ps4, just a ps4 pro and yes I’d prefer a high end gaming pc over it if given one . It’s cheaper and easier getting games for pc and I’d never get bored of pc gaming unlike console . Once I finish the game , I become bored easily , I just got far cry 5 and I already feel bad it’s going to end soon , but if it was pc , I’d mod it. That’s my opinion though

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by crafteck(m): 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2018
fowlyansh181:
i don’t have 4 ps4, just a ps4 pro and yes I’d prefer a high end gaming pc over it if given one . It’s cheaper and easier getting games for pc and I’d never get bored of pc gaming unlike console . Once I finish the game , I become bored easily , I just got far cry 5 and I already feel bad it’s going to end soon , but if it was pc , I’d mod it. That’s my opinion though

I have both, ur not missing a thing, it gets boring easily cos games are 2 short now.
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by AKBliv010(m): 11:14am On Apr 01, 2018
crafteck:

I have both, ur not missing a thing, it gets boring easily cos games are 2 short now.

I’ve got 800+hours on Assetto Costa and counting. What do you mean “cos games are too short now” lol
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Lana1(m): 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
AKBliv010:

I’ve got 800+hours on Assetto Costa and counting. What do you mean “cos games are too short now” lol
They think playing games is by singu player alone.
I have 700 hrs on BF4 and 3000 hrs on Shogun 2...

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by HausaOverlord: 2:06pm On Apr 01, 2018
Personally I think pc's rocks when it comes to gaming be it graphics, frame rates and the likes, the only down side to them is the lack of tittles consoles have to offer especially the PS4.
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Lana1(m): 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2018
HausaOverlord:
Personally I think pc's rocks when it comes to gaming be it graphics, frame rates and the likes, the only down side to them is the lack of tittles consoles have to offer especially the PS4.
Myth!!
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Lana1(m): 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
For those that think only high end PCs can surpass the gaming consoles like the PS4 pro and X box one x should watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGa_7Ds13Ls&list=PLQbCPWtOQp0FoY_-7GwWSErWP2j7--Hh5

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by HausaOverlord: 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lana1:
Myth!!
ain't no myth bro, u just have to check out the amount of exclusives Sony churns out all year that will unfortunately never be on the pc, the new God of War alone is enough reason to ditch a pc.
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Thegamingorca(m): 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
HausaOverlord:
ain't no myth bro, u just have to check out the amount of exclusives Sony churns out all year that will unfortunately never be on the pc, the new God of War alone is enough reason to ditch a pc.

grin grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by Lana1(m): 2:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
HausaOverlord:
Jumping from pillar to post. U said consoles have more titles than on PC now u're talking about exclusives. Which is it??

So because there are one or two more exclusives on PS4 now means PS4 is better than PC??
Exclusives. Thats the only thing u consoles fanboys ve been screaming since. Why is PS4 better than PC? Answer, Exclusives!! No concrete answer!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best by HausaOverlord: 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lana1:
Jumping from pillar to post. U said consoles have more titles than on PC now u're talking about exclusives. Which is it??

So because there are one or two more exclusives on PS4 now means PS4 is better than PC??
Exclusives. Thats the only thing u consoles fanboys ve been screaming since. Why is PS4 better than PC? Answer, Exclusives!! No concrete answer!!
Definitely talking abt exclusives, my bad on the whole mix up I didn't even notice it until u pointed it out, it's not just one or two its a lot actually
I am not a console fanboy bros, I own both of them, that's just my own personal opinion tho. I had my gaming pc long b4 I bought a console and I have since then loved the console more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FIFA 23 Mod FIFA 14 Apk+obb+data Offline Download - PS5 Camera / Official NL FIFA 13 Thread / Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.