Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment (10073 Views)

Zaria Massacre: Sheikh Zakzaky Sent To France For Treatment / Osinbajo And El-Rufai Jet Out To London For A Meeting / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by BigB11(m): 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2007
@JoshO:
Whao, Big_B1, this is the one comment you've ever made that I agree with completely. Men, maybe our views don't differ that drastically afterall
Believe me, I'm not as bad as most people have adduced me to the public.

I've fought vigorously for the underdogs, to the best of my ability for many years.
If you can just work with me and understand my views/ state of mind, we will always be on the same page.

I love my country, Nigeria more than anything and I want nothing, but the best  for this nation.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by alabiyemmy(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2007
Yar' Adua's opponents says he is ill and he is not fit to rule, now, Atiku's leg is broken - mogbe! Who wants a limping president? or a lazy president who cant even use a threadmil, Yepa!

The man wants to show up so that sports men will vote for him, e e ri enu e. (see im mouth). Instead of him to go to one babalawo to go beg him forefathers, he goes to the gym, and now kia - im don run go London, why did OBJ give him the presidential jet gan sef, after lambasting OBJ in a letter to America and Uk the same day.

Well, na leg today, may be tmrow na neck, the man neck too thick self.

The man think say Yar' Adua own na publicity, na im self come follow suit - copycat - Obj be president, me too wan be president, Yar'Adua fly abroad for treatment, me too go fly abroad for treatment, Tinubu fart, me self go fart,

Copy cat.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2007
Na so somebody fly abroad the other day, wan do tummy tuck, go die for anoda country, God forgive me o, he be like say i yarn something
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by alabiyemmy(m): 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2007
very soon, we go they go abroad when we want fart - abi?
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by toshmann(m): 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2007
hmmn, i'm impressed. didnt know my people can come together without quarrell and fight the real enemy of nigeria. politicians---both govt and opposition.

see,
headache---->germany, arthritis------>london, diarrhoea------->new york, farting------->france

who remembers health for all by the year 2000? anybody?
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by alabiyemmy(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2007
na only france?

Look, farting - france - israel, russia, spain, australia all because say I wan fart. Make God no go cease my butt hole o.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by dkingsgirl(f): 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2007
when shall the ordinary Naija man leave a better live free of stuggle and hardship, this so called politicians just do anyhow, steal billions of Naira, stash it in foreign banks leave it and die and the foreigners will return just a % back to Naija, that one will still be stolen and sent back to them.

what a country!!!

now the so called politicians will run abroad for ordinary head ache and these same people still want to rule.

i pray that nemesis and retibution visit them, let them not go unjudged for what they are making Nigeria feel.

no light even when you pay for it
accident causing roads everywhere
no clean water
fake drus everywhere
insecurity on daily increase
children begging on the streets
no jobs for grauduates

nothing is just working in this country

i just wish i can close my eyes and see them no more, and this people wey they winch poorman wey struggle start live no fit go winch these them dry
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Blow(m): 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2007
There's more to it than meet the eyes
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by odada(m): 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2007
Plz i just strained my eyes reading all this post shocked,am going abroad for an eye checkup grin grin grin
following the footsteps of my leaders?
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by kpomkwem(m): 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2007
Nawaa for these politicians wey dey go abroad to seek treatment.
Instead of investing in building such facilities in Naija, hence providing jobs to Naija people.
One thing I hate about such characters is that they assume that the best solutions are abroad, instead of harnessing the pool of talent within Nigeria.
So much for Moving Nigeria Forward.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by McKren(m): 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2007
People please copy the message in quote and forward to all your friends, somehow I believe those at the helm of affairs will hear this. Someone might just take it up and the revolution will begin. this simply can't continue.

SINCERITY IN GOVERNANCE, THE ONLY GUARANTEE TO NIGERIA’S FUTURE

My heart bleeds for my country while I type this e-mail. Every passing day politicians bore us with different versions definition of democracy and respect for rule of law, they also bore us with talks of Nigeria being at cross-roads but what is more worrying is no matter which sides of the political divide they may have chosen, there is hardly any politician who has the interest of the people at heart. None is even pretending to.

Democracy however we choose to define it is useless if they do not guarantee the welfare of the people. The importance of welfare of the people and as such earning their trust and confidence has been so undermined. It is Ronal Regan who said, “No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women”. It is also an obvious fact that no government or country of the world will succeed without the will, moral courage and support of its people.

Tell me how a government or leader hopes to succeed or earn the confidence of the people when they provide services to the Nigerian people they are not happy to use? How will the Nigerian people believe in a leader who provides unfit health and education facilities only to run abroad to access world-class services when they need them? Our hospitals and schools are not good enough for them and their children but good enough for the Nigerian people. How many people on the streets of Nigeria are able to go abroad to access these services and what hope for middle-low class Nigerians when they fall ill?
How will the Niger-Delta youths lay down their arms in the face of such oppression and deception?

In the last few days, 2 front-runners in the April election and presently government officials who have been part of the present democratic government have gone abroad for treatments to show how unfit our health facilities are and yet they have chosen to do nothing about it. What have they been doing in the last 8years? What is even more heart breaking is that abroad Nigerian doctors are excelling thus its obvious that government have simply not done their bit.

I know that my outcry may not see the light of day especially when at least 80% of the politicians are guilty of the same offence but we need to have a rethink because we could be over stretching the patience of the Nigerian people. The Niger-Deltans who colluded with governments of yesteryears to loot the area may not have envisaged that where they called home may turn out to be a war zone someday. If the present insincerity in governance continues, Nigeria may turn another Congo and no one wants that.

Mr. Senate President and all stakeholders, we need a legislation compelling all political leaders and aspirants to improve to world class standard our facilities and be ready to use them with his immediate family or forget about holding a political office in Nigeria. The CEO of Nissan cannot be driving a Toyota car, it just does not happen because it sends out the wrong message.

Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by alabiyemmy(m): 6:02pm On Mar 12, 2007
ABEG, MAKE WE PUNISH ATIKs - MAKE UNA NO VOTE FOR AM O.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by BigB11(m): 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2007
Bravo McKren

You have my support and I will do my best.

I guarantee you, sooner or later this idea will get out there and it will be implemented.

May God bless sweet Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by hooplarr(m): 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2007
lipsrsealed cry

I quite agree with Mckren.

These old timers holding tenaciously to power like they're taking it to the rave is something to be worried about.

And as if we've not had it with their Neanderthal policies and myopic tendencies, they make do with our resources like it's an inheritance.

I was actually wishing that they all fall off and die one by one so we can catch a breather from all their regular bullshit(s).

If one of them happens to be your father, start advising or else it'll be plane crashes for them with the way they fly in and out of the country with reckless abandon.

Bunch of old timer IDIOTS.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by BigB11(m): 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2007
Privileges (giving out contract to anybody, lavishly furnishing state houses, permanently on vacation etc) and unreasonable incentives of top federal government officials should be drastically reduced, while their job description is emphasized and open to the public.
Do you believe that 97% of these folks don't even understand the definition of their duties?

Long term/ short term goals should be identified, open to the public and must have deadlines.

It should be known to all that federal government positions are not honorary positions. Federal government positions are positions where one is required to perform or go home.

Believe me, this process will eventually weed out or discourage the dirty and corrupt minded politicians from taking us for a ride.

But to be successful, we must all contribute to cleaning up our dirty system and corrupt culture or else we will be forever on the same boat singing the same old songs.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by mrpataki(m): 6:54pm On Mar 12, 2007
I wonder when people will be flown into the country for medical check-up!

Out-standing Rubbish!
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by ellab(f): 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2007
WE really need to pray 4 our leaders.and besides,i havent seen d papers.undecided
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by otokx(m): 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2007
They should be careful so that death does not meet them via plane crash.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Bruekeleen: 10:51pm On Mar 12, 2007
toshmann:

hmmn, i'm impressed. didnt know my people can come together without quarrell and fight the real enemy of nigeria. politicians---both govt and opposition.

see,
headache---->germany, arthritis------>london, diarrhoea------->new york, farting------->france

who remembers health for all by the year 2000? anybody?
alabiyemmy:

na only france?

Look, farting - france - israel, russia, spain, australia all because say I wan fart. Make God no go cease my butt hole o.
That must be the kind of fart that distinguishes the barawos in our society from the real people. I beg, u don kill me with laughter, my side don dey hurt me. I think i need to go to Mars for a quick check up.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by alabiyemmy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2007
mrpataki:

I wonder when people will be flown into the country for medical check-up!

Out-standing Rubbish!

Havent you heard? Bush is in Luth receiving treatment for headache, Blair is in Aso Clinic receiving treatment for tommy ache, Mbeki is in Luth for tummy tuck, Mugabe is in Aso clinic for leg sprain, are u not in this country?
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by la1(m): 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2007
junior, hi mum i jst finished a game of soccer  wit my frends we won yipeeeee!

mum, junior dats nice , bt oh no! look at ur shirt its full of grass stains!

mum, quick grab ur fathers private jet keys we are flyin to london to get it washed!! grin

@nairaland
its evident from the flurry and length of responses that we as a people are tired of bein taken for a ride by all the clowns in politics i know this sounds so cliche but our only power is our vote,,, lets vote them all out, i know i will undecided

@ugodaniel
i think u nd therapy angry
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2007
Let's get 1 thing right here, most hospitals in the country are PRIVATE enterprises. If they're not providing adequate services, it's the private individuals that are to blame. The Government isn't God afterall!
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by LoverBwoy(m): 11:46pm On Mar 12, 2007
I wonder what the private doctors in nigeria are saying-he actually said the doctors here cant do it undecidedwith all the phd and mega hospitals in the country,,not even the private doctors can treat him abi him dey fear dem?

I wonder what the papers are saying about this angry

maybe he's just trying to compete with yaraduas reception at the airport,i think thats the new spin in nigeria-the amount of people that receives you at the airport lipsrsealed
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by alabiyemmy(m): 12:16am On Mar 13, 2007
the man na copy cat - if tmrow Yar' Adua go toilet for London - him too go follow.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by vichel(m): 12:41am On Mar 13, 2007
it probably wasn't dat serious, just a way to waste nigerians money. how many people could afford to travel abroad 4 a surgery sad sad
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Cyclone5(m): 9:28am On Mar 13, 2007
If it is true that the jackass that he is has snapped a tendon then it is not a small thing. He will find out after he has had the surgery. It is actually quite an invasive procedure. It leads to muscle shrinkage and requires some intensive physio to get back in shape. This can take a few weeks.

I think he is lying about something. This tendon biz just seemed an easy and safe medical excuse.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by dayokanu(m): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2007
AtIKU you dont have to go to London just because of a sprain you could have bought ABONIKI in the garage and use it on the knee. grin grin
@ All
I am suffering from hunger which country knows how to treat it best that I should go to dont mention Chicken republic in VI cos I want to travel and collect estacodes too and when I come back I would travel abroad again to treat overfeeding grin grin

But why all the venom against ATIKU for the usual medical check up that we are used to when Yar'Adua went just last week to treat kidney problem the end result of many years at Paraga joint and he would expect Katsina indigenes to go to the government hospitals that shows how much faith he has in his work in Katsina state health sector If he cant manage Katsina hospitals well only God would help Naija Hospitals. the first lady went for boobs job rather tummy tuck in Spain. and OBJ travels abroad if he wants to fart so that Naija wont smell.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by picoba(m): 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2007
Where are we going? Of course we cannot be deceived. What happened to Atiku is just an eyes-opener to Nigerian -
-  can you see the great impact the government of which Atiku is the VVPmade.
, hoping for another 4 years.
I am sure if he become the president and his dog sick, he will flown it abroad for better treatment.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by angel101(f): 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2007
Donzman:

Let's get 1 thing right here, most hospitals in the country are PRIVATE enterprises. If they're not providing adequate services, it's the private individuals that are to blame. The Government isn't God afterall!

@ dozman
u are obviously not enlightened at all!
since when does having private hospitals stop the govt from developing govt ones. (that should be free or at least affordable to the masses) or do u expect a country to run on privately owned health care facilities? is that not one of the most essential services required by the people? so u reckon it will take God coming down to provide basic and essential amenities.
where the hell are u from?!!  
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by angel101(f): 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2007
people, it is high time we reject being taken for a ride in our own country. the developed world did not get developed by the people accepting any rubbish thrown at them. the truth is that by nature, we as humans are opportunistic so unless we stand our ground, our so called leader will continue to take the mickey with us.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by McKren(m): 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2007
comment withdrawn
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by alabiyemmy(m): 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2007
the man dey do like ajebota pikin - meanwhile na ajepako pikin. him dey cry mmuuummmmyyyy when him sprain im leg. Shio.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Five Boko Haram Members Killed By ‘own Bombs’ / Decree No. 8 Of 1967 - The Answer To 95% Of Nigeria's Problems? / Order Ladoja’s Arrest - EFCC To Court, Over N4.7bn Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.