Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment (9943 Views)

Zaria Massacre: Sheikh Zakzaky Sent To France For Treatment / Osinbajo And El-Rufai Jet Out To London For A Meeting / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by shutmouth(m): 11:45am On Mar 12, 2007
I call it Naija corruptible syndrome.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by jaybaby(f): 11:54am On Mar 12, 2007
Hmmmmmm! sad sad
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by joicee(f): 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2007
WTF

These men are Going abroad for medical treatrment. Shame on them

ARE THEY NOT ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES ; YOU LEAVE YOUR IMPOVERISHED COUNTRY AND GO TO WHITE MANS LAND FOR TREATMENT THEN YOU PAY TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO WHITE MAN FROM YOUR SWISS ACCOUNTS

SHAME ON THE NIGERIAN GOVERMNET OFFICIALS
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by joshO: 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2007
What are we complaining about,  we have ourselves to blame for this, afterall, Atiku will return to a large welcoming party at the airport.

I lay the blame at the doorsteps of the Nigerian elite. Tomorrow, Thisday newspaper (the paper where the highest bidder rules), Sun (owned by the semi-illitrate Kalu) and a host of the other trash tabloid will sing the praises of the likes of Atiku as though they were the human benefactor.

I may be more understanding of Yar'Adua plight, as kidney treatment is a different matter altogether, but to fly out to London to treat knee ligament injury exposes the extreme insensitivity of our leaders.  Had he been able to see beyond his selfish and self indulgent self, this would have presented a perfect apportunity to gain political capital by seeking local treatment, perhaps at the General hospital - the people's hospital. But how will that cross the mind of a thieving philander who spends more time in in Maryland Potomac mansion than he does in Nigeria!!

Yet people complain that EFCC is being heavy handed. All these men (Atiku, IBB, Abdulsalami, Kalu and 90% of our Senators / governors) need a dose of jungle justice. They need to be locked up forever or shot - DEAD. That's the only action that'll help elevate the minds of our desperately backward people!
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by dafman(m): 12:41pm On Mar 12, 2007
joshO couldn't have said it better.

These motherfuckers are really taking us for MUGU.

First Yar'adua who has been governor for eight years went abroad for ordinary medical checkup, he could not fix 1 single hospital to world class standard that could handle that in Katsina now he wants to rule the whole country. Now he is promising to do this and do that, if you can't fix the hospitals in your state, how can you fix anything in the country.

A sitting vice president going to London to treat a  dislocation what can I say? I mean, what is wrong with us. He will come back and it will be business as usual, nobody asks any questions. There will even be thanskingiving in mosques and churches
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Topsido(m): 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2007
Ugodaniel, you should know that it is totally unacceptable to insult a fellow nairalander. Only those old big bellied men out there is permitted to be lampooned here. I will insult you because i am jumping to the conclusion that you are nothing but a thug, a animal. You are not desirable in a georgeous forum like this.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by McKren(m): 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2007
Topsido:

Ugodaniel, you should know that it is totally unacceptable to insult a fellow Nairaland user. Only those old big bellied men out there is permitted to be lampooned here. I will insult you because i am jumping to the conclusion that you are nothing but a thug, a animal. You are not desirable in a georgeous forum like this.

Please ignore people who are simply trying to deviate our attention from the issues at stake. Nigerian elite politicains are telling us Nigerians how foolish we are. We need a revolution against every politician since that is the only language they understand. The Niger delta youths have proved this.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by omofineboy(m): 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2007
Fying abroad to treat malaria or ordinary cold to me is no body's business what bothers me on this is if Nigeria's money is used to sponsor such frivolous trips if not am less bothered.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by joshO: 1:00pm On Mar 12, 2007
The Niger Delta freedom fighters should stop taking hostages and face the real culprits of their plight - Our leading politicians. They should set up assasination squads to take out the evil beings we have as leaders, !!

Let's see whether the likes of Atiku who's real intention is to chop till I drop, will continue to vie for high office!!
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by shutmouth(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2007
joshO  thank you, you summed it all.

The Nigerian Press, Oh, It's a pity!!! Who is a victim here, the public or the corrupt politicians?

The press is to be blamed for these mess that has no ending. Rather than expose these rogues like the foreign press do, the press potray the corrupt politicians (like Atiku) as victims of the public. And that gives people like Atiku the guts to take the public for a ride.

Just go to a Church prayer/healing venue in Nigeria and see the number of terminally sick/paralyzed people who turn out in thousands seeking help and healing from God as the Govt has failed to help them and yet Atiku flies to London to treat a mere knee injury.

What a cheek?

On return, Atiku will expect a rousing welcome and his men will hire thugs to fill up his campaign venues. Has he ever visited Nigerian hospitals to see how many sick Nigerians needing emergency treatment locally and abroad? No!!!

Let the Nigerian press and those supporting Atiku be ashamed.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by dafman(m): 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2007
omofineboy:

Fying abroad to treat malaria or ordinary cold to me is no body's business what bothers me on this is if Nigeria's money is used to sponsor such frivolous trips if not am less bothered.

It would be nobody's business if he/she were a private citizen, doesn't it sound ridiculous to you that someone who has governed a state for 8 years or has been v.p for 8 years and who is promising electricity for all, pipeborne water for all, adequate healthcare, quality education if he is elected for a higher position still sends his/her kids abroad for schooling, and goes for treatment abroad.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by kilosaba1(m): 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2007
Are we not tired of discussing our problems in nigeria? It's only a fool that will ever defend the actions of our rulers.
If u like write million of articles and comdemnation about them,they will not change. Or is it the first time they're
flying to abroad for treatment? A 20yrs ago newspaper will still sell like new,cause na d same old story.  angry
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by McKren(m): 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2007
omofineboy:

YOU SIMPLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE ISSUE IS. IF ALIKO DANGOTE OR FEMI OTEDOLA GOES ABROAD FOR TREATMENT WHO CARES? WE ARE TALKING OF A PUBLIC SERVANT WHO HAS REFUSED TO DO WHAT HE OUGHT TO DO OR PROVIDING ADEQUATE SERVICE SEEKING THE SAME SERVICES ABROAD.
IF THOSE SERVICES HE PROVIDES ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM WHY ARE THEY GOOD ENOUGH FOR NIGERIANS?? WHY MUST NIGERIANS SUFFER IN THE MIDST OF PLENTY AND YOU THINK THESE LEADERS SHOULD NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Modups1(f): 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2007
we all have diff. of opnions & i dont see y any forumite should rain insults on another. angry

d issue am concerned bout here is y our govt. officials will have to be flown abroad for treatment when we have hospitals. they have all been in govt and still they cannot do something about d health sector, they are all using nigerians money to be treated abroad.
then they want us to vote for them tommorrow
most of these guys are liars and hypocrites  tongue tongue tongue angry angry angry
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by angel101(f): 1:53pm On Mar 12, 2007
@joshO
i totally agree with u except i will like to appeal to put Lucky Igbinedion at #1 on the extermination list. wink

@ omofineboy
i think ur attitude to this matter is wrong. even if they were spending their salaries (which of course is not likely) they should still be held accountable for the fact that the country lacks the service they require as they have been in the position to put such things in place but have not.

@Dafman
Absolutely spot on!
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by angel101(f): 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2007
@joshO
i totally agree with u except i will like to appeal to put Lucky Igbinedion at #1 on the extermination list.  wink

@ omofineboy
i think ur attitude to this matter is wrong. even if they were spending their salaries (which of course is not likely) they should still be held accountable for the fact that the country lacks the service they require as they have been in the position to put such things in place but have not.

@Dafman
Absolutely spot on!
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by ugodaniel(m): 2:22pm On Mar 12, 2007
Topsido:

Ugodaniel, you should know that it is totally unacceptable to insult a fellow Nairaland user. Only those old big bellied men out there is permitted to be lampooned here. I will insult you because i am jumping to the conclusion that you are nothing but a thug, a animal. You are not desirable in a georgeous forum like this.

Oh! Bleep off!!! do yu seriously think i am bothered wit ya defective and diseased opinion
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by obaka2007(m): 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2007
patrotismm : make any 1 who can talk to Ya' adua tell him i am willing to give the man 1 of my kidney if that is all that is needed to rule niger well come may 29 2007/

as for atiku and islocation i wish him well.

we have a duty to make our democracy work folks, am very much raedy

samson
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Gheorghe(m): 2:30pm On Mar 12, 2007
y we doctors no go go strike   when d money way dey suppose use upgrade the facilities and pay beta salaries dey go for chartered flight to go jolly for yonder in d nam of treatment (wit aids/servants).
abeg who wan go mak him go but remember say naija him must return and we way dey go treat weself for here
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by chuka2003(m): 2:40pm On Mar 12, 2007
ugodaniel:

Oh! Bleep off!!! do yu seriously think i am bothered wit ya defective and diseased opinion
it is so sad that such derogatory language can be used here! Shame on you @ugodaniel. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by oluite(f): 2:46pm On Mar 12, 2007
@dblock-easy on them.
They are going abroad because the hospitals in naija are not good enough 4 them and they are not ready to develop just 1 hospital here in niaja to the standard abroad.
i wonder when we are going to av leaders who are ready to serve sad
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by loma(m): 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2007
I said earlier that I weep for the living citizens of Nigeria.

Yar'adua , a supposedly performing governor has catarrh or kidney problems ,and flies to Germany, because in 8 years his  'performance' or his party's 'performance' did not include the construction of a modern hospital.

Atiku hits his leg against an object and flies to London because for the past 8 years all the PTDF money they shared was not enough to build a standard hospital.

When you and I fall sick we go to the nearest hospital, where we are even sent away because the doctors want to go on strike!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-43378.32.html

These guys are not stupid, it is the Nigerians who hail them and will still vote for them in April that are fools![b][/b]
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by BigB11(m): 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2007
Quote by McKren from another topic: no reason to celebrate Yar'Adua's return
Why is the health services in Katsina not working Why are the hospitals in Nigeria as a whole not fit for purpose So many who can't afford this trip abroad would have died of this same illness but here he is treated within days and able to join his campaign. How long shall we continue in this hypocrisy? It is even more painful that the same is even obtainable of the so called opposition, only in December Atiku went for medical check up abroad and the same can be said of all the elite politicians in Nigeria.
Quote by Big b1 from another topic:no reason to celebrate Yar'Adua's return
I hope you can remember;

We've gone through same issue in the past for many weeks and at that time you seemed not to understand my point.

Let me refresh your memory by asking you this question: How come most Nigerian ministers of education specialize in shipping their children to attend school in abroad?
Does that make any sense to you?

If you pay attention you will realize the common analogy between these subjects.

I've recommended this strategy in the past: The only way our educational and medical system can and will improve in Nigeria is by implementing a law that enforces top Federal government officials and their families to utilize these resources.
No more flying abroad for back pain or head ache.

I guarantee you that things will improve as soon as this strategy is initiated.

Believe me, it's not that difficult to correct things in Nigeria; all it takes is a strong, focused and dedicated leader.

It is amazing and very interesting to me that issue that I've profoundly discussed in the past are now coming back.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by VIC4U: 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2007
Our Doctors are on strike the masses are dying, they should have use that money that they use to fly abroud to pay our doctors. What is happening to Nigeria Government is like we have selfish leaders. may god help us in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by VIC4U: 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2007
Our Doctors are on strike the masses are dying, they should have use that money that they use to fly abroud to pay our doctors. What is happening to Nigeria Government is like we have selfish leaders. may god help us in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by BigB11(m): 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2007
I've recommended this strategy in the past: The only way our educational and medical system can and will improve in Nigeria is by implementing a law that enforces top Federal government officials and their families to utilize these resources.
No more flying abroad for back pain or head ache.
We should improve and develop what we have at home.

It's not by force if the people who are in-charge of administering federal government activities don't have confidence to utilize our resources, then too bad, they can find themselves new jobs.
It is a shame, not fair and very degrading for top government officials and their families to continue to fly out of the country for mere head ache.
They should promote what we have by utilizing it and sending positive message to the citizens of Nigeria.

What kind of message an individual (CEO) that works for Toyota, but drives Nissan is sending to the public?
Even if Nissan is better than Toyota, it is the duty of this individual to work harder toward improving the performance of his product (Toyota).
But it is sad that most people in Nigeria do not see anything wrong with this degrading and uncivilized standard of living, which the leaders continue to promote every single day.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by DRANOEL(m): 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2007
its funny when yar adua was flown out nobody made noise about him flying out now that its atiku every body remembers
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by joshO: 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2007
Whao,  Big_B1, this is the one comment you've ever made that I agree with completely. Men,  maybe our views don't differ that drastically afterall.

As for our leaders, let them continue to flourish in their mediocrity and ignorance,  there'll be a time when neither a presidential jet nor a chattered 747 will be timely or expedient enough to save their lives - ditto General Adisa, Abacha and Chuba Okadigbo.

A nation blessed with so much wealth can't boast of a medicalcenter of excelence or anything of excellence for that matter, except, graft, curruption and 419!!. With this attitude of our leaders, it's easy to see why the band of fraudsters in Nigeria are combing local and foreign destinations for their next 'mugu' ,

Our leaders should note that they can cheat the people sometimes, but the law of karma will someday catch up with them.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by speedo(m): 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2007
Atiku is a rogue,an slowpoke & a thief who isn't fit to rule a herd of she-goats.so we shld actually be discussing the the best ways for him to be punished for his crimes & not one laughable knee sprain.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by BigB11(m): 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2007
@DRANOEL and others

OK, this is the problem in our society; instead of us to join hands and work together as one to resolve sad situation, we continue to point finger and try to justify things for the incompetent leaders.

We need to wake up.

It's not about IBB, ATIKU, YARADUA or OBJ; let us find a better way to restore things back to normal.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Eastcoast(f): 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2007
I'm not surprised that he got injured while working out. Afterall when last did he visit the gym. Who would even believe that he actually exercises. I'm really angry at this news. Why does he have to be flown abroad. It just shows that they don't even trust our health care system. The most annoying part of it all is that these men go abroad all the time yet, they ain't doing anything to bring the technology, political, and economical systems from overseas to naija.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by shutmouth(m): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2007
its funny when yar adua was flown out nobody made noise about him flying out now that its atiku every body remembers

I strongly oppose overseas trips for less serious illnesses for everyone. Yar'Adua's medical check up due to loss of breath (whatever that means) in Germany was not necessary.

Typical of Atiku, he likes to imitate his bosses. I won't be surprise if the knee injury was self-inflicted to counter the publicity Yar'Adua generated.

He simply got it wrong. He should never tell Nigerians he would give them better health services if he prefers going abroad for medical treatment for a mere knee injury. How I wish he had opted to go to a private clinic in Ajegunle, I would have admired him.

For making this blunder, Atiku is fired!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan Under Pressure To Contest In 2015 - Gulak / Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP / INEC Postpones All Bye-Elections Over Security Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.