Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment (9941 Views)

Zaria Massacre: Sheikh Zakzaky Sent To France For Treatment / Osinbajo And El-Rufai Jet Out To London For A Meeting / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by debosky(m): 9:18pm On Mar 14, 2007
that is stupid Seun, at the point of death, money shouldn't be the issue.

if there is a serious government, a life and death situation should be treated no matter what, that kind of statement just shows the disregard for human life in Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by kellorah: 9:20pm On Mar 14, 2007
my aim is to move nigeria forward
more employment opportunities (not enough to cause inflation O!!!!)
that way, crime will definitely go down, people will be healthier, less need to visit hospitals (except for check-ups), etc

seun, u do know that not everyone is rich undecided
i wouldn't expect most of the elderly in the village to have money set-aside
even if they know that sooner or later, they'll b going into hospital
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Seun(m): 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2007
Do we have a food "industry"? Who regulates the garri seller?
What does garri have to do with what we're discussing? Nafdac regulates food production in Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by buluti(m): 9:26pm On Mar 14, 2007
@ Seun please do you pay tax on your income?
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2007
Seun:

What does garri have to do with what we're discussing? Nafdac regulates food production in Nigeria.

na wa for this misinformation o. Does nafdac regulate production of cassava, pepper, tomatoes, vegetables that are sold in your village market?
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by BigB11(m): 9:35pm On Mar 14, 2007
Posted by Seun:
If the country is organized the way I want it, most people will have that 50,000 naira. And those few that don't have will be able to reach out to friends and family members to get the money. Personal responsibility is good.

If people are personally responsible, they will set aside some money during good times to get them through bad times. They won't spend it all and then expect government to take care of them when they get sick. And they'll voluntarily get health insurance to pay for unexpected and expensive calamities like cancer and heart problems.

Unbelievable and totally unrealistic.

Posted by debosky
that is stupid Seun, at the point of death, money shouldn't be the issue.

if there is a serious government, a life and death situation should be treated no matter what, that kind of statement just shows the disregard for human life in Nigeria.

Excellent point and a great state of mind.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by BigB11(m): 9:40pm On Mar 14, 2007
In a decent and well organized nation, medical, education and security of the citizens should all be controlled by the government.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2007
Nigeria does not qualify as one.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by GNature(m): 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2007
I heared Sweden has one of the best healthcare delivery systems in the world and it is completely controlled by the government.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by McKren(m): 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2007
[size=16pt]all this people wey won move Nigeria forward, make una no move am over to cameroon sha.[/size]
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by McKren(m): 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2007
[size=16pt]Donzman is simply writting a new economics textbook[/size]
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by kellorah: 9:47pm On Mar 14, 2007
even transportation should be run by the govt (buses in particular!)
some drivers take the piss!
and they make u sit on torn chairs, the doors r left half open durin most of the journey cos it's way too packed, they need the air, ure over-charged for a short-distance,

nigeria needs a make-over big time!!
shame some of us are not in any position to do anything about it (for now)
God save us!!
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by kellorah: 9:48pm On Mar 14, 2007
mckaren, i think we'd be able to read ur posts, without the hugeness of it undecided

who said anything about moving it over to cameron?
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by McKren(m): 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2007
kellofish:

mckaren, i think we'd be able to read your posts, without the hugeness of it undecided

who said anything about moving it over to cameron?

Feeling like a star, succeeded in winding you up grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by BigB11(m): 9:52pm On Mar 14, 2007
McKren is drunk as usual, but he's a cool dude. He's allowed to be bad as he wants to be for just today.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by alabiyemmy(m): 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2007
is d man back?
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by debosky(m): 9:57pm On Mar 14, 2007
returns to Nigeria on thursday
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by McKren(m): 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2007
[size=16pt]I am sorry you can only move it sideways to move it to cameroon.

Make una no move am go Niger or Chad sha!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/size]
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by McKren(m): 10:21pm On Mar 14, 2007
Big B1:

McKren is drunk as usual, but he's a cool dude. He's allowed to be bad as he wants to be for just today.

the truth is, I am totally bored sad
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by toshmann(m): 10:34pm On Mar 14, 2007
@donzman,
have u heard of the right to life? it is a fundamental human right. what is the definition of health? complete physical, emotional mental social wellbeing, and not just the absence of disease. tell me, what is life without health? literally speaking, by the definition of health, there is very little difference btw health and life, which is a fundamental human right. go figure.

by the way, health is not just an ordinary commodity or good/service where you can employ the tactics of economics. health is a humanitarian issue. human health, like human life is sacrosanct. it is a special kind of commodity the utilisation of which should never be left to the whims and caprices of the forces of economics. so your economic theories are innappropriate for the health sector. even the health economics agree.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by toshmann(m): 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2007
@donzman (contd)

if there are so much fake drugs in the society who do we blame? govt of course. and why not. we pay taxes to govt. govt uses the funds to carry out various services to the people including (in nigeria) the setting up of agencies like NDLEA,NAFDAC,Police,Army etc.

how can u say we shouldn't blame govt if there is so much fake drugs? i did not say it is the govt that supplied the fake drugs, all i say is, who takes responsibility for that? govt. it is their duty to check fake drugs and if they dont do it they have failed the electorate.

so if there is insecurity in nigeria today u'll say govt has no responsibility for that? after all the president is not a murderer. but it shows that the police is inefficient and as such the govt whose responsibility it is to provide a well equipped police force has failed in that duty. conversely, if NAFDAC cant control inflow of fake drugs, govt is to be held responsible.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by toshmann(m): 10:45pm On Mar 14, 2007
@donzman contd

the thing is we have been so unfortunate that we have never had any sound govt since independence and as such we dont even know what is expected of a govt. but i guess, having been in Canada for sometime, u must have seen how a govt looks like. b/c what we have in nigeria is an anachronistic political calamity and unfortunately most naijans have come to accept it as what govt is all about. but it is not so. we must hold govt to account.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by toshmann(m): 10:55pm On Mar 14, 2007
@ donzman contd

why is health not an ordinary commodity? u may ask. in a poor country like ours, if someone is so poor he cant afford good quality health what does that mean? any small illness can comfortably kill him? no bro. no be so. while money economics may play a role in the type of hospital one may wish to visit in a capitalist economy, the basic quality health service should be available to all. meaning, there should be sound hospitals where quality care is given to all who come. at most it may be a bit crowded but quality care must be available. i.e every patient who needs oxygen for survival is given oxygen. not a situation where a teaching hospital has no oxygen, or doctors are on strike, or there's no power supply for an emergency surgery, or there's no TT in the casualty ward. c'mon. we can do better. if the rich ones like they can now go to private clinics where they may have those same services but only them will be in a ward.

even the US u quoted as a capitalist health system, i remember when busu came to power newly, his deputy cheney had a heart attack and he was rushed to george washington university hospital for emergency heart surgery. that hospital is not privately owned. yet it is sound enough for the US VP. if the US can be involved in Education, how much more Health. and yet that is the most capitalist country on earth.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by toshmann(m): 10:57pm On Mar 14, 2007
@donzman (contd)

so bro, govt must be involved. they have failed us in naija.

whew!!!!!!!!fanning myself . that was a long one
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 14, 2007
@toshman

Why don't you implore doctors and nurses to offer their services for free?. . .Why don't you implore pharmaceuticals to sell their drugs for free?. . .What a silly argument! Since all these folks charge for their services, they're definitely impeding my human rights, I should take them to court.

if there are so much fake drugs in the society who do we blame? govt of course. and why not. we pay taxes to govt. govt uses the funds to carry out various services to the people including (in nigeria) the setting up of agencies like NDLEA,NAFDAC,Police,Army etc.

Yeah. . .Let's forget the individuals who go out to import these drugs, blame the gov't. Infact, when your wife gives birth to a girl instead of a boy, blame the Government.

the thing is we have been so unfortunate that we have never had any sound govt since independence and as such we don't even know what is expected of a govt. but i guess, having been in Canada for sometime, u must have seen how a govt looks like. b/c what we have in nigeria is an anachronistic political calamity and unfortunately most naijans have come to accept it as what govt is all about. but it is not so. we must hold govt to account.

YES you hold Government to account, you also hold YOURSELF to account first and foremost. Afterall, Government is occupied by human beings like you and I.

lth service should be available to all. meaning, there should be sound hospitals where quality care is given to all who come. at most it may be a bit crowded but quality care must be available. i.e every patient who needs oxygen for survival is given oxygen. not a situation where a teaching hospital has no oxygen, or doctors are on strike, or there's no power supply for an emergency surgery, or there's no TT in the casualty ward. c'mon. we can do better. if the rich ones like they can now go to private clinics where they may have those same services but only them will be in a ward.

You know why your argument is flawed?. . .Going by your argument, why should a citizen receive some medical attention that another should not just because he is rich? Afterall if health is a basic human right, then what one individual needs to maintain his health, should be extended to all

I wonder who's to blame when there is no oxygen, power supply, or TT in the casualty ward of a PRIVATE hospital. Sure enough, you go ahead and blame the Government.

The crux of my argument rests on the FACT that public hospitals in Nigeria are better than the private ones. This is NEVER supposed to be the case, private sector is supposed to be better than the public sector. Whatever problems we have in healthcare, it's because the private sector has not stepped up to their challenge.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by toshmann(m): 11:54pm On Mar 14, 2007
sorry bro, but some countries health is basically free. these are countries who understand the importance of health in a society. healthworkers cannot render their services for free b/c they dont have the wherewithal. govt can do that by paying the healthworkers to render the services to the populace for free. after all, do we pay the nigerian army to protect the nation? no. the govt pays them and they do it. but we pay taxes to govt.

i'm not forgetting those who import the fake drugs. already they are criminals and i'm not talking about criminals here. i'm talking about govt and good citizens.

i hold govt accountable for failing in thier responsibility. doesn't mean the individual doesn't have any responsibility at all. private individuals have their own responsibility too for their health. on my own i tackle health thru a preventive approach------> diet, excercise ,regular medical check up etc. govt may advice on good food but cannot force appropriate diet on the individual. while many people have been careless about their health, the fact still remains that the govt failed in it's own responsibility. if you knew how much is budgeted for health and how much is misappropriated u'll marvel. who takes responsibility for the deterioration of our teaching hospitals over the decades? who?
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by toshmann(m): 11:59pm On Mar 14, 2007
if there is no TT in a casualty of a private clinic, the private clinic is held responsible for that. but again, it is the duty of the govt to hold that private clinic to account. that is why the govt set up agencies like the nigeria medical council to check and control doctors. if this agency fails in this duty then the govt has failed too. i.e both govt and private clinic is held responsible.

most private clinics in nigeria are not upto the standard u are expecting b/c most doctors in nigeria dont have the wherewithal to establish that kind of outfit. reason. . . bad economy. whose fault? govt of course. how? we had it good in the 70s and early 80s then it was bungled and a lot of factors came into play leading to the present sorry state we find ourself. govt has at least a portion of the blame. decades of mismanagement.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 15, 2007
@toshman

How is it free when you have to pay for it using tax money? Tax money that could be spent on roads, energy, security? It's definitely not free anywhere.

I still do not understand why PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS cannot provide healthcare?. . .You can say private hospitals are expensive but evidence remains private hospitals are not better than the General hospitals.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by toshmann(m): 12:10am On Mar 15, 2007
when i said free what i meant is what is called. . . . free at the point of use this means when u have emergency asthmatic attack u dont need to run around looking for money, u only run straight to the hospital for treatment. this method is life saving.

private clinics in nigeria today are mere consluting centres b/c the general poverty in the country is affecting the doctors who run those clinics. what do u expect. how can a man who earns 1 million naira a year build a hospital that may cost about 20 million naira.
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 15, 2007
Banks?. . .How do people finance businesses?
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by toshmann(m): 12:49am On Mar 15, 2007
grin hahahaha

bros, you are trying to create a hypothetical scenario. grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Injured, Flown To London For Treatment by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 15, 2007
Still trying to figure out what's really funny. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Have Agents In Aso Rock Nnamdi Kanu Shows Secret Video Of Buhari And Family / Bill Seeking Life Pension For Enugu Ex-Governors & Their Deputies Sparks Outcry / Lagos Bans Hawking By Children During School Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.