Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (136989 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / Apply For 2018 AGIP Postgraduate Local And Overseas Scholarship / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by HenZina: 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hello Friends, I didn't choose my interview centre, Hope it will not affect my chances?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Tdarry: 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
HenZina:
Hello Friends, I didn't choose my interview centre, Hope it will not affect my chances?
We weren't instructed to chose interview centre initially. So I don't think it matters.
I'm sure successful candidates will still be asked to log back in and chose interview centre

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by meetanwo(m): 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
You're right

Tdarry:

We weren't instructed to chose interview centre initially. So I don't think it matters.
I'm sure successful candidates will still be asked to log back in and chose interview centre
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by meetanwo(m): 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
Please throw more light on this your statement. You're sounding like you're privy to some information

MaroCruz:

They'll be fine, I see so many people over enthusiastic here, if only they had inside information about this ptdf scheme. In all, wishing everyone all the best
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by udores: 7:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
HenZina:

No Problem. The default interview center is Abuja. So if you didn't make a choice start preparing for your Abuja trip - in case you are invited
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Mlayidi: 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
udores:

No Problem. The default interview center is Abuja. So if you didn't make a choice start preparing for your Abuja trip - in case you are invited
No true, the most important thing Is ur name to selected and definitely, if that happen they will send u a mail to choose ur interview center again.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Lame12: 9:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
Portal is now closed
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by subcbouy: 10:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
Mlayidi:
No true, the most important thing Is ur name to selected and definitely, if that happen they will send u a mail to choose ur interview center again.
You both are right. By default, Abuja, if selected were not asked to choose center again. The selected ones can also be asked to choose new center. Whatever ways, you are also right.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Bamz(m): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Who knows how long before shortlisting begins?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by CSmooth: 1:25am On May 01, 2018
Bamz:
Who knows how long before shortlisting begins?

I know. I'm the grandson of the GODFATHER of the PTDF boss
grin

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by pussyAvenger: 2:17am On May 01, 2018
Any problem with putting up published scholarly work for MSc applicants?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by MaroCruz(m): 1:41pm On May 01, 2018
CSmooth:

I know. I'm the grandson of the GODFATHER of the PTDF boss
grin

And you're applying?? kiss

even when people wey no dey related to the guy have already gotten award letters
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by pussyAvenger: 7:25pm On May 01, 2018
I'm MSC applicant..

I cited a work l publish... Hope this won't be an issue
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by motivationspika(m): 8:45pm On May 01, 2018
pussyAvenger:
I'm MSC applicant..
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by motivationspika(m): 8:48pm On May 01, 2018
pussyAvenger:
I'm MSC applicant..

please avoid giving yourself headache. Nobody here is a PTDF staff. Kindly hope to get to the next stage as there is no hard and fast rule on how to get shortlisted. But this your moniker may be changed so that many may take you seriously

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Nobody: 9:14am On May 02, 2018
enambobo:

Bro calm down. The guy is making a point. There are certain people that didn't upload their NYSC discharge certificate but still got called for an interview in the Germany/France/China Version. As he said, you'll be called to present your documents once found worthy of the scholarship based on how good your problem statement is. The problem statement is what counts at this stage. Others follow suit...your documents, etc

PTDF applicants are assessed in 6 categories:

1. Research proposal: It must be relevant to O&G industry and national development.
2. Degrees: classes of degree e.g. 1st class, 2.1, 2.2.
3. SOP: To know your motivation, why you want the scholarship and work experience etc (mostly for Masters).
4. Int'l and national awards: To know what you have achieved through academic brillance.
5. Publication: To show your research ability/output (mostly for PhD applicants).
6. Professional membership: To give credence to your profession.

The interview which doesnt last more than 5 minutes is just to show proof of the above.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by meetanwo(m): 10:50am On May 02, 2018
I agree with you sir

Slik07:

1. Research proposal: It must be relevant to O&G industry and national development.
3. SOP: To know your motivation, why you want the scholarship and work experience etc (mostly for Masters).
4. Int'l and national awards: To know what you have achieved through academic brillance.
5. Publication: To show your research ability/output (mostly for PhD applicants).

The interview which doesnt last more than 5 minutes is just to show proof of the above.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by subcbouy: 3:10pm On May 03, 2018
Slik07:

You too get sense, why? lol you know what I mean, too much sense. Tell me why?lol
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by DMainMan: 5:49pm On May 03, 2018
UPDATE ON 2017/2018 PTDF LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP AND 2018/2019 LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION WILL BEGIN IN JUNE

Successful candidates of 2017/2018 PTDF Local Scholarship Scheme to receive award letters and documentation before the end of May 2018, sets June for the rollout of the process for the selection of candidates for 2018/2019 Local Scholarship Awards.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/PTDFng/posts/608956652789547
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by pussyAvenger: 1:45am On May 04, 2018
D mainman you've been invaluable.... Pls what features do you think make a good Statement of Purpose in this ptdf scheme

Be be a little elaborate . l need the knowledge
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Nobody: 1:57am On May 04, 2018
1. You must change your name to a decent name.
2. Learn to read instructions
3. Follow the instructions you've read and ask reasonable questions
pussyAvenger:
D mainman you've been invaluable.... Pls what features do you think make a good Statement of Purpose in this ptdf scheme

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by pussyAvenger: 7:40am On May 04, 2018
[quote author=e001 post=67263374]1. You must change your name to a decent name.
2. Learn to read instructions
3. Follow the instructions you've read and ask reasonable questions [/quote). Lol.....if we all become decent, the world will be trite.... My name is PUSSYAVENGER- a name that means something special to me.

Pls ignore my name and let's face the business we have here.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Mlayidi: 9:55am On May 04, 2018
pussyAvenger:

Pls, change ur name to more acceptable and decent one

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Tdarry: 10:02am On May 04, 2018
Lol. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with the monicker "pussyavenger" & personally I can't be caught using such username!

But..
Pussy means cat
Avenger means to to take vengeance for or on behalf of..

So pussyavenger may not be/mean what your mind think it is tongue

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by udores: 12:30pm On May 04, 2018
Tdarry:
Lol. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with the monicker "pussyavenger" & personally I can't be caught using such username!

But..
Pussy means cat
Avenger means to to take vengeance for or on behalf of..

So pussyavenger may not be/mean what your mind think it is tongue

You should be aware that human activities and experience has a lot of effect on what society terms "norm". No one is a novice here. Try it... Give that name to your child (even as a nickname). I hope he/she grows up to love you so much smiley

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by subcbouy: 2:22pm On May 04, 2018
[quote author=pussyAvenger post=67266100][/quote] I'm afraid, bro.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 04, 2018
[quote author=pussyAvenger post=67266100]My dear, I'm not taking a swipe on you and it's certainly not personal, especially when we don't know each other and may NEVER meet. However, I feel it's correct to draw your attention to the way our brains are wired, which reflects on the minor choices we make including hidden nicknames. You'll agree with me that no one here would take you seriously to answer your questions with such a captivating name. More so, the answer to your question was well provided as instructions before application. You can also Google what makes "a good Statement of Problem". I wish you success in your scholarship quest
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 04, 2018
While waiting for PTDF or other sponsorships, someone may find this useful.
Applications close in October.

http://www.opportunitiesforafricans.com/africa-initiative-for-governance-aig-scholarships-20182019-for-study-in-the-university-of-oxford-uk-fully-funded/
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by pussyAvenger: 5:22pm On May 04, 2018
The world has gone beyond norm..Some people have difficulty with spotting what matters and what doesn't...

This is a social media..No one here is a potentate of decency... I can't collapse a four-year old moniker simply because it doesn't go down well with some self-acclaimed nairaland saints and clergymen..Seun isn't complaining.

Live and let live....Davido and wizkid have baby mamas, yet most us secretly love their guts

A world of relative standards

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 04, 2018
Please has anyone here applied for nlng scholarship??
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by chrisfocus(m): 7:10pm On May 04, 2018
pussyAvenger:
The world has gone beyond norm..Some people have difficulty with spotting what matters and what doesn't...

This is a social media..No one here is a potentate of decency... I can't collapse a four-year old moniker simply because it doesn't go down well with some self-acclaimed nairaland saints and clergymen..Seun isn't complaining.

Live and let live....Davido and wizkid have baby mamas, yet most us secretly love their guts

A world of relative standards

Lmao people and double standards. Nor mind dem jere!

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by CSmooth: 7:15pm On May 04, 2018
aifybuu:
Please has anyone here applied for nlng scholarship??

Yes, I applied.
Wassup?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Download Complete Time Table For 2012/2013 Waec / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.