Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,401 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom - Education (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (136560 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / Apply For 2018 AGIP Postgraduate Local And Overseas Scholarship / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by bravehost4u(m): 3:15pm On May 15, 2018
Slik07:

Venue: University of Port Harcourt (ACE CEFOR Building)

Please come along with the following:

Original copies of all relevant academic credentials used for the scholarship application
6 copies of your research proposal(Ph.D.).
SOP (Master's).
A valid national I.D
A Copy of this Invitation Letter.
Print out of your application slip

Goodluck!

PTDF Scholarship Team
Had my interview today @ ACE CEFOR UNIPORT, It went well. Know you area of interest and pray for God's favour
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Emaimo: 3:34pm On May 15, 2018
ElJay162:

Today 2pm, UI

Hi bro, how did it go?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by meetanwo(m): 4:23pm On May 15, 2018
No, I'm for M.Sc., from Benue State and my PIN was boldly written on my SOP

Sansee792:
Wish you all the best, I hope we scaled through.Are you for PhD? And which state are you from? Did the interviewers asked for you PIN over there ?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by realfeu(m): 4:59pm On May 15, 2018
bravehost4u:

Had my interview today @ ACE CEFOR UNIPORT, It went well. Know you area of interest and pray for God's favour

Please where exactly in Uniport is d ACE CEFOR building and wot did dey ask you
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by ElJay162: 5:25pm On May 15, 2018
Emaimo:

Hi bro, how did it go?

Know your proposed study well and its relevance to oil and gas.

Why do you want to do your Masters?

Your past achievements that has prepared you for the challenge ahead.

They were also interested in awards and publications.

Was in for like 20mins.

All the best.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by bravehost4u(m): 5:42pm On May 15, 2018
realfeu:

Please where exactly in Uniport is d ACE CEFOR building and wot did dey ask you

it was my first time of going to Uniport. It is easy to locate.
From Rumuokoro, ACE CEFOR building is before the UNIPORT gate
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Mechatronix: 5:47pm On May 15, 2018
meetanwo:
I am done. ATBU 2PM. By God's grace I think my interview was good. I satisfied the interviewers in all ramification that I was good to obtain the scholarship. Only competition in my state is the hurdle left for me. God biko help me cross it.

Thank God I have noticed one person from my state. Are u "Orne" or "Okpani" or "Igede" or " Etulo"? Mine is Wednesday by 2pm the same ATBU.

Pray for good luck for all of us!!!
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by theSpark(m): 6:12pm On May 15, 2018
Mechatronix:

Thank God I have noticed one person from my state. Are u "Orne" or "Okpani" or "Igede" or " Etulo"? Mine is Wednesday by 2pm the same ATBU.

Mine too. That's tomorrow.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Emaimo: 6:20pm On May 15, 2018
ElJay162:

Was in for like 20mins.

All the best.

Thanks bro
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kayuseful: 7:04pm On May 15, 2018
Sansee792:
[color=#006600][/color]
hmm.. looks like your case is different o. never heard of anyone else asked PIN.
but don't be afraid. it's nothing
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kayuseful: 7:07pm On May 15, 2018
any PhD applicant interviewed today? or scheduled for tomorrow
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Sansee792: 7:13pm On May 15, 2018
kayuseful:

hmm.. looks like your case is different o. never heard of anyone else asked PIN.
but don't be afraid. it's nothing
Hopefully, thanks.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by meetanwo(m): 8:17pm On May 15, 2018
Call me on O8O76526474

Mechatronix:

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by cerezo: 8:55pm On May 15, 2018
Hey guys,
Is there anyone, older than 35, that put in for MSc and got shortlisted for interview
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by modash(m): 9:33pm On May 15, 2018
ElJay162:

Was in for like 20mins.

All the best.

Am surprised they were asking M.sc's for publications
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Jejelaye1: 10:20pm On May 15, 2018
cerezo:
Hey guys,
Is there anyone, older than 35, that put in for MSc and got shortlisted for interview

Present sir/ma.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by udores: 10:30pm On May 15, 2018
OwlaRowl:

Yes i was Shortlisted for Port Harcourt, I am an MSc Applicant.
thats Friday 15th May, Time: 2pm.
Thats Today.
Venue: University of Port Harcourt (ACE CEFOR Building)
if i hadn't stumbled into my Spam folder tonight, i would've missed the interview.

Has anyone in PH done his/her interview (Msc) at tjis Location?

Tuesday, you mean. Not Friday. You want to give someone heart attack! embarassed
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 15, 2018
If you got the mail but have issues logging in to the flexisaf site, just click forgot password, it should work. Just tried it, and it worked

By the way, what's SOP again, Songs of Praise?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by theSpark(m): 11:36pm On May 15, 2018
JAMESOMEIZA:
If you got the mail but have issues logging in to the flexisaf site, just click forgot password, it should work. Just tried it, and it worked

By the way, what's SOP again, Songs of Praise?

grin Statement of purpose
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by mosespowei: 4:32am On May 16, 2018
Please someone should help me out. i was sent this message by PTDF scholarship on my phone text message and I try to check my Email address I found nothing either on the spam or the main box please wat do you think I should do or wat happen
The message as follows;
We are pleased to inform you that, having met the PTDF advertised criteria, you have been shortlisted for the PTDF Ph.D./MSc scholarship interview where you will be required to make a presentation of your research proposal to a panel of industry stakeholders and academia for consideration. Check your email for more details.
Please what is the meaning of SOP
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by meetanwo(m): 6:03am On May 16, 2018
Go for your interview at the center you chose. Ensure you do that on or before Friday because interviews will run from Monday to Friday across the six centres.

mosespowei:
Please someone should help me out. i was sent this message by PTDF scholarship on my phone text message and I try to check my Email address I found nothing either on the spam or the main box please wat do you think I should do or wat happen
The message as follows;
We are pleased to inform you that, having met the PTDF advertised criteria, you have been shortlisted for the PTDF Ph.D./MSc scholarship interview where you will be required to make a presentation of your research proposal to a panel of industry stakeholders and academia for consideration. Check your email for more details.
Please what is the meaning of SOP
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by mosespowei: 7:26am On May 16, 2018
meetanwo:

Go for your interview at the center you chose. Ensure you do that on or before Friday because interviews will run from Monday to Friday across the six centres.

Thank very much .....please can someone help me out @ ibadan center University of Ibadan where is the specific center over dre
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Danny175: 8:03am On May 16, 2018
Are to type and print the SOP??
bravehost4u:

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by bukoso: 8:49am On May 16, 2018
mosespowei:

Thank very much .....please can someone help me out @ ibadan center University of Ibadan where is the specific center over dre

Its at the PTDF building in UI. I have mine for 2pm today��
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by bukoso: 8:54am On May 16, 2018
Is there anybody for 2pm at University of Ibadan today
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by efomzy: 9:01am On May 16, 2018
bukoso:
Is there anybody for 2pm at University of Ibadan today
MINE IS TOMORO AT UI 2PM. ANYBODY ENTERING IBADAN TOMORO 2PM?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Impactever(m): 9:05am On May 16, 2018
AlphaPen:
The questions were about the SOP.

The relevance of your MSc to the oil and gas industry.

How your Msc would contribute to your career goals.

What you intend to do after your Msc.

Why you want to do the Msc.

They are all essential things the SOP covers, they just want to be sure you wrote it and know what you are doing.

Best wishes.

Bro, If that was all you were asked ,then u are a super lucky person .....

MY OWN CASE WAS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS WITHIN THE SAME UI. (UI used 3 panels today)

From my own personal experience , the interview has no standard pathern .....you could be asked anything .......

below are my experience today at UI, IBADAN (Msc) .....

1. after i introduced myself .....immediately they learnt i was from the EAST ( IGBO ORIGIN) , they waited for like 2 mins and started murmoring to each other in Hausa language ....(All of the 5 persons that made up the panel were Hausas).

2. i was not asked a single question from my SOP ....they didnt even open it ....nor cared about it.

3. All the questions i was asked were deep, tough and technical (Civil engineering questions ) my 1st degree course .
( one of them is a Prof of Civil Engineering ) ....NOTE : THIS IS OUTSIDE THE CONTEXT OF THE INTERVIEW....recall that from the invitation letter, we were only told to make a presentation of our Statement of Purpose .......This is very unfair to me .

4. i was asked up to 10 questions ......and my interview lasted up to 25min . ( while others were asked barely 2 questions from their SOP ...with a max interview duration of 4min)

5. I was asked several questions about my projecf work .....and when i explained the title and summary to them......they nullified it ...simply because it was not an oil and gas related project topic .....despite how best i tried to convince them ...that it was just an undergraduate project ..and must not be oil and gas related.

6. i was even given some tough and complex calculations to do (structural analysis of indeterminate structures.....and i was not even allowed to solve , i was told to produce the answer without solving ......which was practically impossible ......i told them the steps to solve it ....they nullified it...insisting i must produce the answer.

7. And one of them kept shouting "you dont even have any publication ".......( i didnt know when it became a compulsory for an undergraduate to have research publications)

8. And two others kept asking "what state are you from ".......

MY CONCLUSION : PTDF is dominated by the Northerners and they are BITTERLY BIASED .....they seems to appear harsh on some persons from a particular part of the country .

Using a WRITTEN APTITUDE TEST to assess everyone would have been fair to all the applicants and not this Biased method of interview where some are barely asked 1 simple question in PANEL (1) and some others will be bombarded with very rigorous questions that is outside the context of the interview ... This is one of the major reason why Nigeria is a failed state..........NEPOTISM AND TRIBALISM .....

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by AlphaPen(m): 9:12am On May 16, 2018
I'm sorry about that man.

I believe something better awaits you ahead. None of these is your fault apparently.
Impactever:

MY OWN CASE WAS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS WITHIN THE SAME UI. (UI used 3 panels today)

From my own personal experience , the interview has no standard pathern .....you could be asked anything .......

1. after i introduced myself .....immediately they learnt i was from the EAST ( IGBO ORIGIN) , they waited for like 2 mins and started murmoring to each other in Hausa language ....(All of the 5 persons that made up the panel were Hausas).

2. i was not asked a single question from my SOP ....they didnt even open it ....nor cared about it.

3. All the questions i was asked were deep, tough and technical (Civil engineering questions ) my 1st degree course .
( one of them is a Prof of Civil Engineering ) ....NOTE : THIS IS OUTSIDE THE CONTEXT OF THE INTERVIEW....recall that from the invitation letter, we were only told to make a presentation of our Statement of Purpose .......This is very unfair to me .

4. i was asked up to 10 questions ......and my interview lasted up to 25min . ( while others were asked barely 2 questions from their SOP ...with a max interview duration of 4min)

5. I was asked several questions about my projecf work .....and when i explained the title and summary to them......they nullified it ...simply because it was not an oil and gas related project topic .....despite how best i tried to convince them ...that it was just an undergraduate project ..and must not be oil and gas related.

6. i was even given some tough and complex calculations to do (structural analysis of indeterminate structures.....and i was not even allowed to solve , i was told to produce the answer without solving ......which was practically impossible ......i told them the steps to solve it ....they nullified it...insisting i must produce the answer.

7. And one of them kept shouting "you dont even have any publication ".......( i didnt know when it became a compulsory for an undergraduate to have research publications)

MY CONCLUSION : PTDF is dominated by the Northerners and they are BITTERLY BIASED .....they seems to appear harsh on some persons from a particular part of the country .

Using a WRITTEN APTITUDE TEST to assess everyone would have been fair to all the applicants and not this Biased method of interview where some are barely asked 1 simple question in PANEL (1) and some others will be bombarded with very rigorous questions that is outside the context of the interview ... This is one of the major reason why Nigeria is a failed state..........NEPOTISM AND TRIBALISM .....
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Impactever(m): 9:14am On May 16, 2018
MY EXPERIENCE AT UI YESTERDAY ( TUESDAY 15TH) (MSc UK)

Using a WRITTEN APTITUDE TEST to assess everyone would have been fair to all the applicants and not this Biased method of interview where some are barely asked 1 simple and funny question in PANEL (1) and some others in PANEL (2) OR (3) within the same Centre will be bombarded with very rigorous questions that is outside the context of the interview ... this is NOT a reliable and transparent method of selecting the Best. i believe all candidates should be given equal opportunities and assessment.

This is one of the major reason why Nigeria is a failed state..........NEPOTISM AND TRIBALISM .....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by meetanwo(m): 9:23am On May 16, 2018
You're not totally right. During the G/F/C interview, my interviewers at Abuja center weren't northerners but they were harsh on me. In fact I had exatly this kind of your experience. When it seems the other man was bent on rubbishing me, I resorted to fierce argument with him until the Prof intervened. Yesterday in Bauchi, my interviewers were both Muslims but calm and listening. They allowed me prove I deserved the scholarship, at the end they were happy with my performance. So your conclusions are not correct. Some individuals could just be difficult and this is not specific to a particular ethnicity. God bless Nigeria

Impactever:

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Nobody: 9:23am On May 16, 2018
Impactever:

You dont need to worry yourself about this bro. If God says the PTDF scholarship is for you, no Hausa man can deny you that. Keep the faith. Be hopeful and positive.

It is crazy that in an interview that shouldnt last for more than 5 mins, you were asked to solve a complex Civil eng calculations without even allowing you to do that. God punish the devil!!!

That interview ought to be within your SOP for Master's and research proposal for PhDs.

Anyway, every state has equal representation, so worry not. God is on the throne.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Impactever(m): 9:34am On May 16, 2018
meetanwo:

You're not totally right. During the G/F/C interview, my interviewers at Abuja center weren't northerners but they were harsh on me. In fact I had exatly this kind of your experience. When it seems the other man was bent on rubbishing me, I resorted to fierce argument with him until the Prof intervened. Yesterday in Bauchi, my interviewers were both Muslims but calm and listening. They allowed me prove I deserved the scholarship, at the end they were happy with my performance. So your conclusions are not correct. Some individuals could just be difficult and this is not specific to a particular ethnicity. God bless Nigeria

BRO ....your experience was not a harsh one .........you just said " they allowed you prove u deserved the scholarship" ....and at a time the prof intervened . .....and i am very sure you were not asked any question outside the context of the interview .......

unlike in my own case where i was drilled for over 25 mins with technical questions that requires some rigorous calculations ....and was not even allowed to do the calculation .....i was expected to produce the answer ...( ANY CIVIL ENGINEERING APPLICANT HERE CAN TESTIFY WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO BE GIVEN "ANALYSIS OF AN INDETERMINATE STRUCTURE" ) .....a question that will take more than 1 hr to solve ......they expected me to give them the answers without solving ....WICKED SOULS

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (33) (Reply)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Download Complete Time Table For 2012/2013 Waec / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.