Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom - Education (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (136894 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / Apply For 2018 AGIP Postgraduate Local And Overseas Scholarship / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by mercyp001(f): 8:22pm On May 13, 2018
pongwa:
you know what you filled in your application now...abi na me fill am for you?
Lol. Bro,some pple can ask question for Africa
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by concentrated: 9:53pm On May 13, 2018
exeasy:
For those that selected Port Harcourt, has any received interview invite mail?
Yes I got d invite
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by qbik: 12:57am On May 14, 2018
Please what should we expect in the interview?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by SMREXY(m): 1:22am On May 14, 2018
My man! Abia corper...
pongwa:
you know what you filled in your application now...abi na me fill am for you?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by udores: 1:28am On May 14, 2018
otacheric:

When is your date bro. mine is friday 9am
Thursday. Wish you all the best.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Emaimo: 5:14am On May 14, 2018
Please how do I get to UI from Ijebu Ode?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by naijaboylive(m): 5:33am On May 14, 2018
No one here is talking about the M.Sc applicants for the Port Harcourt centre. What is the issue with Port Harcourt centre.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by osinachifestus(m): 6:08am On May 14, 2018
Oegbeyem:
No one is even talking about the application slip and sop we have been asked to print. Can anyone login,

Do forget password
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Ladasha: 8:22am On May 14, 2018
Someone please help a sister.

My interview is today and I can't login into my account to print my application slip

Please what do I do?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by bukoso: 9:15am On May 14, 2018
Emaimo:
Please how do I get to UI from Ijebu Ode?

I also have the interview at UI and I stay at Ota, mine is for the 16th that's on Wednesday
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by bukoso: 9:17am On May 14, 2018
I just want to confirm the research proposal is just for PHD applicants right??
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by defman5: 10:14am On May 14, 2018
naijaboylive:
No one here is talking about the M.Sc applicants for the Port Harcourt centre. What is the issue with Port Harcourt centre.

Call this number 08105090295. He told me to reply the mail were previously sent to update centre and they will have a look at it. If you get a different feedback let me know.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by pongwa(m): 11:16am On May 14, 2018
SMREXY:
My man! Abia corper...
hmm I salute you funaabite
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Emaimo: 1:35pm On May 14, 2018
Any MSc scholar who went to UI for his/her interview today? Please share your experience
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by pongwa(m): 1:39pm On May 14, 2018
anybody at UNN center yet?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by SMREXY(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2018
pongwa:
hmm I salute you funaabite
Wasere!
I want to believe you know who I am already wink
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by pongwa(m): 5:30pm On May 14, 2018
SMREXY:
Wasere!
I want to believe you know who I am already wink
yes ke abi you want me to say it fully
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by pongwa(m): 6:05pm On May 14, 2018
update from UNN center...........
I wasn't able to do my interview today because I got there very late thanks to transport logistics problems. I was told to come back 8am tomorrow. I overheard the man saying they didn't do for anybody today because nobody came within the stipulated time.
I'm out
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Adolfnigeria: 6:34pm On May 14, 2018
DId the interview in abuja, and here are some of my observations and comments:

1. if PTDF were interested in recruiting based on merit, there should be a test. But this isn-t the case, because there is just an interview stage approximately 4 mins. Come on guys, this is NIGERIA.... the process is definitely open to nepotism i.e. you must know someone.
2. It will take generations for Nigeria to be great again. Must of our institutions e.g, NNPC, CBN, NIMASA, are filled with individuals - recruited not based on merit but on whom they know.
3. It very much surprised me that most of the employees i saw in PTDF were all our NORTHERN BROTHERS and sisters.

this whole process is a charade... NEPOTISM...
Nigeria is messed up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by sangresan(m): 7:19pm On May 14, 2018
Adolfnigeria:

1. if PTDF were interested in recruiting based on merit, there should be a test. But this isn-t the case, because there is just an interview stage approximately 4 mins. Come on guys, this is NIGERIA.... the process is definitely open to nepotism i.e. you must know someone.
2. It will take generations for Nigeria to be great again. Must of our institutions e.g, NNPC, CBN, NIMASA, are filled with individuals - recruited not based on merit but on whom they know.
3. It very much surprised me that most of the employees i saw in PTDF were all our NORTHERN BROTHERS and sisters.

Nigeria is messed up

I noticed this fact during the F/G/C interview series...Most of those who interviewed us in Ibadan were Hausas.

However, let's wait till the completion of the process before concluding...I think the money that would have been budgeted for aptitude tests could be earmarked for taking more scholars this time...Let's wait and see sha.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by sangresan(m): 7:23pm On May 14, 2018
Ladasha:
Someone please help a sister.

My interview is today and I can't login into my account to print my application slip

Please what do I do?

You have printed your slip before na...However, I don't think they will check your slip sef.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Sansee792: 7:27pm On May 14, 2018
The interviewer asked for my PIN after I concluded my interview . (PhD Candidate) Has anyone encountered the same?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by AlphaPen(m): 7:32pm On May 14, 2018
Hello ambitious youths.
I did mine today at UI. It was for MSc.

I was ushered in and told to submit all my docs. There was a four-man panel and I was seated at the center, making us form some sort of semi-circle.

It was intense I must say. I was bombarded with questions from every corner but I was prepared. My deduction is that, they just wanted to test my readiness. If you wrote your SOP yourself and it's relevant to the Oil sector, you will be fine.

That was my experience.

However, I found out from other applicants that they were interviewed by a two-man panel, in the same UI. They even said it was more of a chat or rendezvous.

Imagine the contrast as against my experience. So, it boils down to grace. Pray and be ready.

And remember, whatever is meant for you will never pass you by.

Best wishes fam.

Let's meet at the top.

#BlessUp!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by VIVIACHRIS(f): 7:56pm On May 14, 2018
Waooo....according to PTDF, 3282 PhD/,MSC applicants shortlisted for interview. I wonder how many they plan on sponsoring.

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Emaimo: 8:03pm On May 14, 2018
AlphaPen:
Hello ambitious youths.
I did mine today at UI. It was for MSc.

I was ushered in and told to submit all my docs. There was a four-man panel and I was seated at the center, making us form some sort of semi-circle.

It was intense I must say. I was bombarded with questions from every corner but I was prepared. My deduction is that, they just wanted to test my readiness. If you wrote your SOP yourself and it's relevant to the Oil sector, you will be fine.

That was my experience.

However, I found out from other applicants that they were interviewed by a two-man panel, in the same UI. They even said it was more of a chat or rendezvous.

Imagine the contrast as against my experience. So, it boils down to grace. Pray and be ready.

And remember, whatever is meant for you will never pass you by.

Best wishes fam.

Let's meet at the top.

#BlessUp!

Are you for engineering or geology?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by pongwa(m): 8:51pm On May 14, 2018
VIVIACHRIS:
Waooo....according to PTDF, 3282 PhD/,MSC applicants shortlisted for interview. I wonder how many they plan on sponsoring.
selection is always based on quota system for Example 5 per state spread among the Local government area of each States.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Xkanta: 9:28pm On May 14, 2018
Adolfnigeria:

Nigeria is messed up
This same perception you have, was what made one of the panelists to ask me what part of the country I was from, because according to her I didn't sound like a northerner...it might interest you to know that those who make up the panel are not PTDF staff but rather lecturers and people of the industry.
Secondly, the schorlaship is based on federal character (quota system as others will call it), each state have equal representation.
I don't know if your allegations are true, but I'll like to remind you that abuja is not the only center we have....
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 14, 2018
Adolfnigeria:

Nigeria is messed up

This is not 100% correct. People still get the scholarship on merit basis and of course through man no man. But merit do work here
Please what PTDF related questions were asked today?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 14, 2018
Adolfnigeria:

Nigeria is messed up

with this rotten mentality and mindset I don't think you deserve the scholarship.

I was interviewed in ATBU bauchi and most of them are igbos. I had the same thing happen in Kaduna. but still did you had any northerner complaining because he was interviewed by Southerner.
beside, they may just be interchanging the thing so that southerners would interview the notherners and vise versa. just like military.
Mr man goto other thread for France/Germany and see, a lot of people were invited for Germany slot base on merit. so please always be positive and quite that decisive rhetoric and be agent of unity not division

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by shawlar(m): 11:09pm On May 14, 2018
Xkanta:

This same perception you have, was what made one of the panelists to ask me what part of the country I was from, because according to her I didn't sound like a northerner...it might interest you to know that those who make up the panel are not PTDF staff but rather lecturers and people of the industry.
Secondly, the schorlaship is based on federal character (quota system as others will call it), each state have equal representation.
I don't know if your allegations are true, but I'll like to remind you that abuja is not the only center we have....

The bolded is very true... I had my interview in UI today. The panel consisted of six people, although only 3 of them asked questions...
When I mentioned my place of work, 1 of the men asked if I knew so & so person (one of my ogas). When I answered in the affirmative, He said,Tell him you met _____ from Abuja.As I was leaving the room, one of the panelist was also going out to call more people, I asked him if the man is a ptdf staff and he said No he's from FCC.

Of the six people in my interview panel, I deduced that 2 were professors, 1 from FCC, 2 from PTDF (prob OSS & HR) and 1 from flexisaf. The questions were mainly asked by one of the profs, then 1 ptdf guy (I think OSS) asked some also
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by shawlar(m): 11:11pm On May 14, 2018
sangresan:

You have printed your slip before na...However, I don't think they will check your slip sef.

They didnt
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Impactever(m): 11:44pm On May 14, 2018
i was scheduled for today monday 2pm at UI, IBADAN (Msc category) but couldn't meet up due to transport logistics. ....i will be going 2mao morning for the 8 AM session ......pls i wish to know if there is anyone going for 8 am Tuesday at IBADAN ( Msc catagory)

pls i want to be sure that there will be an interview 2mao for Msc category at Ibadan .....

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Download Complete Time Table For 2012/2013 Waec / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.