Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (136528 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / Apply For 2018 AGIP Postgraduate Local And Overseas Scholarship / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by meetanwo(m): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
No interview for M.Sc. applicants, only Ph.D. applicants will be interviewed please
DMainMan:

Of course there will be interview but no aptitude test. The process will be same as China/Germany/France.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by DMainMan: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
meetanwo:

No interview for M.Sc. applicants, only Ph.D. applicants will be interviewed please

Hmmn. What is your source bro that no interview will be conducted for MSc? How will they assess credible candidate and authenticity as there is no more aptitude
test for MSc?

It is certain that PTDF will adopt same principle of assessment that was used for China/France/Germany i.e interview for both MSc and PhD. No more aptitude test. Be careful. Don't mislead people

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Geophilip: 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
kennynelcon:
Kennynelcon@gmail.com
have emailed you since afternoon. yet to get your response

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Geophilip: 11:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
kennynelcon:
Kennynelcon@gmail.com
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kennynelcon(m): 8:27am On Apr 18, 2018
Geophilip:

Replied
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kennynelcon(m): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2018
will selection still be based on 5/6 per state for the schools, just like last year ??
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by princegeremi: 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
Please whats the word limit for the " STATEMENT OF PURPOSE"
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by sam333: 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by insperyadyou: 6:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
kennynelcon:
will selection still be based on 5/6 per state for the schools, just like last year ??
how did you that was how it was done last year. Was it published. Are you an insider
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by insperyadyou: 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
kennynelcon:
how did you know that was how it was done last year. Was it published. Are you an insider
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by stanisbaratheon: 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
insperyadyou:
how did you know that was how it was done last year. Was it published. Are you an insider

I hope you're not thinking the PTDF scholarship started this year?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by princegeremi: 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2018
sam333:

Thanks
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by chorlay: 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
can someone with MPhil/PhD grade apply for PhD, since the instructions stated Merit or PhD grade should apply for PhD
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kenan619: 10:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
insperyadyou:
it was published
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by insperyadyou: 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
stanisbaratheon:

I hope you're not thinking the PTDF scholarship started this year?
But this is the only year there won't be aptitude test for MSc AnD this is the first time/year that PTDF will be having a scholarship/partnership arrangement with France/Germany/China AND still be having the Regular UK pattern in the same calendar. Meaning probably more intake will be absorbed or so I thought

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by stanisbaratheon: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
insperyadyou:
well...
PTDF scholarship has always been 5/6 per state, at least since I became fully aware of the scholarship.
The issue of PTDF taking more scholars is a probability.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by princegeremi: 2:35am On Apr 19, 2018
Hello guys,

I am on the page for Personal Statement, and all i see is a box to type in the personal statement.

Is it that, its only one personal statement that i would type in for the 3 universities of my choice, or how does this work?

Please help cc@Dmainman and others
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by stanisbaratheon: 7:34am On Apr 19, 2018
DMainMan:

Any if u can construct well. A guy focused on the first choice and university while another guy wrote on the three. And they were both invited for the interview.
princegeremi:
Hello guys,

I am on the page for Personal Statement, and all i see is a box to type in the personal statement.

Is it that, its only one personal statement that i would type in for the 3 universities of my choice, or how does this work?

Please help cc@Dmainman and others

That's your answer up there.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by princegeremi: 9:19am On Apr 19, 2018
stanisbaratheon:

That's your answer up there.

Thanks bro.

So, just one that is perfectly framed to address the three choices or just one choice.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by hugochuks60(m): 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2018
wen I applied I didn't see any nysc info details to upload my cert.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by okd95: 11:48am On Apr 21, 2018
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has a sample of the 'Personal Statement' as am applying for a scholarship (PTDF).

Be glad anyone here can provide some support.

thanks
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by stanisbaratheon: 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
okd95:
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has a sample of the 'Personal Statement' as am applying for a scholarship (PTDF).

Be glad anyone here can provide some support.

thanks
Try checking on google to see samples because nobody is going to give you that here. Don't be a lazy Nigerian grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by toluajojesu: 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
Good afternoon all. I wanted to ask a question concerning the full academic transcript that will be required at the next stage, assuming I make it that far.

I'm not too familiar with the whole transcript deal (I graduated a little over a year ago) but from what I've heard, you need to put in the address of the particular organisation requesting for your transcript. When requesting for my transcript, do I provide PTDF's address so that the official copy will be delivered to them? Or do I just need to present the student copy? And does it make any difference if it's the local or international transcript? Cuz the international is terribly expensive and takes a long time to obtain from what I've heard.

And assuming, miracle of miracles, I get the scholarship. Will I need to request for another international transcript to be sent to the UK school that grants the admission?

I would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by edemsimeon: 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
Please can MPA Cert holder apples for PhD?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by hugochuks60(m): 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
DMainMan:

u can edit

its quite dangerous to edit o. there is a way their database work. my sop had some little faults too,but i didnt edit to avoid complications
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by DMainMan: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2018
hugochuks60:

it's quite dangerous to edit o. there is a way their database work. my sop had some little faults too, but I didn't edit to avoid complications

You had better edit and click submit to effect the editing. You can edit as much as you like but remember to click submit. Better edit your SOP to be the best as it can be. The competition is fierce. No test again so only few will be selected for an interview.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by udores: 4:09am On Apr 22, 2018
toluajojesu:
Good afternoon all. I wanted to ask a question concerning the full academic transcript that will be required at the next stage, assuming I make it that far.

I'm not too familiar with the whole transcript deal (I graduated a little over a year ago) but from what I've heard, you need to put in the address of the particular organisation requesting for your transcript. When requesting for my transcript, do I provide PTDF's address so that the official copy will be delivered to them? Or do I just need to present the student copy? And does it make any difference if it's the local or international transcript? Cuz the international is terribly expensive and takes a long time to obtain from what I've heard.

And assuming, miracle of miracles, I get the scholarship. Will I need to request for another international transcript to be sent to the UK school that grants the admission?

I would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Your student copy will do just fine for PTDF. Yes, when you get the admission you will need to request your school here in Nigeria to send your transcript to your school in UK.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by arshavineering(m): 9:56am On Apr 22, 2018
can I edit my application even after submission?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kennynelcon(m): 10:05am On Apr 22, 2018
arshavineering:
can I edit my application even after submission?
DMainMan said yes, make sure to click submit after editing
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by hugochuks60(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
pls did anyone see a column to upload nysc cert during d application? cos I didn't see wen I did mine
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by dazzlingd(m): 3:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
DMainMan, is it possible for one to be awarded both the German/France/China scholarship and that of UK?. Since they said applicants of German/France/China can also apply
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by udores: 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
hugochuks60:
pls did anyone see a column to upload nysc cert during d application? cos I didn't see wen I did mine

If you don't remember doing it, go back and edit your application. And as Dmainman said always resubmit. Only have a good internet connection. No need to be too careful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Download Complete Time Table For 2012/2013 Waec / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.