Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,402 members, 7,958,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:10 AM

Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. (13019 Views)

Sowore: Falana Tells NBA To Discipline Osinbajo, Other Lawyers In Cabinet / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest / Crowd Welcome President Buhari In Nasarawa State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by GentleMoney: 10:16pm On Mar 28, 2018

The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Ikeja Branch, has restated its resolve to embark on another round of protest on March 29 over the reviewed Lagos Land Use Charge.

The NBA Chairman, Adeshina Ogunlana, said at a media briefing on Wednesday that in spite of the reduction of the rates and levies under the Land Use Charge the protest would go on as planned.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that President Muhammadu Buhari is scheduled to arrive in Lagos Thursday on a two-day state visit.

Lagos State Government has declared Thursday as public holiday in honour of the president.

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode had earlier reduced the levies by 50 per cent following a protest that greeted the Land Use Charge, but the reduction did not go down well with some stakeholders who insisted the LUC returns to status quo.

A public hearing on the Lagos Land Use Charge organised by the Lagos State House of Assembly on March 27 had turned rowdy as Ogunlana led lawyers in a walk-out, insisting that the notice to submit their memorandum was too short.

Mr Ogunlana said: “The protest is far from being over as lawyers have declared their intention to embark on another round of streets protest tomorrow (March 29).”

The NBA chairman said that the protest was a response to “failure” of the state government and State House of Assembly to meet their demands.

He, however, warned some members of the public who, he said, were peddling negative rumours against the NBA to desist from it.

NAN also reports that the NBA had on March 13 staged a protest tagged, ” Walk The Talk” to reject the 50 percent reduction of the levies.

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), civil society bodies and professionals had in solidarity joined the protest.

Others are the Committee for Defence of Human Rights (CDHR), Joint Action Front (JAF) Medical Doctors Association the Human and Environmental Agenda (HEDA)

The protest was meant to kick against the Land Use Charge Law 2018, excessive litigation cost, borehole tax and car registration tax.

Mr Ogunlana said : “The reduction is a sham and a calculated ploy to hoodwink the people of Lagos State.”

He also said the NBA objected to the House of Assembly’s setting up of a committee to review the Land Use Charge 2018.

“Come Thursday, March 29, the “Walk the Talk” protest must go on irrespective of the public holiday declared by the Lagos State Government in anticipation for the Presidential visit.” (NAN)

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/263364-land-use-charge-nba-to-welcome-buhari-to-lagos-with-protest.html/amp

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by GentleMoney: 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2018
Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
Na you post nah u collect first to comment.na wah oo..

Back to buhari

Una never see anything ooo. Shey nah una carry change for head. Sai baba ooo continue oo no going back at all

Thunder fire una plus sai baba there .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Worksunlimited: 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
Hmm
Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by obowunmi(m): 10:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
We will not take this from BokoHoram Buhari
Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Rubbiish(m): 10:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
Good move....
Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by momodub: 10:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
Nice one
Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Okoyeebos: 10:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
The land use charge is outrageous and is an insult on the collective sensibilities of Lagos residents.

3 Likes

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by nairavsdollars(f): 10:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
I will join them! Infact, i will publicize the protest on Nairaland and other social media platforms
Buhari must go back to Daura

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by akeentech(m): 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Lexusgs430: 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2018
A perfect way to go.....
Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by chloride6: 10:34pm On Mar 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Chevronstaff: 10:35pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ambode declaring public holiday tomorrow to welcome President Buhari in Lagos is a BIG MISS....
You only hear of this kind of things in Kogi, Zamfara and some unproductive states governed by clowns parading themselves as governors..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Corrinthians(m): 10:35pm On Mar 28, 2018
Please, Pigs and Idiots, this is STRICTLY a Nigerian cum South West affair. We don't need you to shove your snouts inside it. Thank you for your cooperation.

6 Likes

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:40pm On Mar 28, 2018
Is it Buhari that increased the land use charges

mtcheeeeeeew misplaced priority undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by GentleMoney: 10:48pm On Mar 28, 2018
Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by natedat: 10:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
shocked
Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by emmie14: 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
Corrinthians:
Please, Pigs and Idiots, this is STRICTLY a Nigerian cum South West affair. We don't need you to shove your snouts inside it. Thank you for your cooperation.
You are stupid because not only south westerners are members Lagos branch of NBA neither does all the land in Lagos belong to south west. I understand the level of ignorance that exists in you . Be advice that you have right to keep mute on things that demands wisdom.

20 Likes

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Okoyeebos: 10:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
emmie14:

You are stupid because not only south westerners are members Lagos branch of NBA neither does all the land in Lagos belong to south west. I understand the level of ignorance that exists in you . Be advice that you have right to keep mute on things that demands wisdom.

You have a fundamental right to be stupid but it becomes a crime to force your stupidity down the throats of others.

All lands in Lagos belong to the Governor of the state and he holds it in trust for the people of Lagos state who are South Westerners. If you like, get a CofO, it is issued by the Governor and can be revoked at his pleasure.

Don't think that because you are a tenant in a 2by2 chicken cage-sized shop in Lagos, you can type nonsense here.

5 Likes

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by emmie14: 10:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
Yoruba4Life:
All me I care about is all Igbos should be sent back to their jungle. grin grin. Those pple are animals.. so uncivilized.
And this is civility calling people animals? The bitterness in you require condolence. Your level of ignorance is pitiful. You're envious of Igbos. Yes you are �

15 Likes

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by SamuelTurner(m): 10:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
Abeg can somebody tell me the importance of ftc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by greendemocrats: 11:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
Where is the protest take-off piont?. We the members of the Green Democrats Movement will mobilise 40 buses to join the protest. We (masses) own the goverment the dont own us. The earlier we make this point clear the better. We dont need to run away from the Police let the arrest all of us and charge us to court for a lawful protest against bad laws from a goverment we elected. Enough of this silence and social media protest. We must hit the street. Green Democrats!!! The future is Now!!!

(Moderator you always refuse to post my comments and publications. If u like delete this one again).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Sctests: 11:02pm On Mar 28, 2018
Vote Ambode.. Vote for the demolition of 4000 houses with C of O in 2019.

Vote Ambode...Vote Increase in LUC charges

Vote Ambode...Vote increase in tenancy rates

Vote Ambode...Vote homelessness

Vote Ambode...Vote disappearance of Danfo with concomitance monopoly of transportation and increase in transport fares!

Vote Ambode...Vote for death by heart attack of lagos landlords.

Vote Ambode....Vote relocation from Lekki to mowe.

I pity zombies in that contraption.

4 Likes

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by emmie14: 11:06pm On Mar 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:

You have a fundamental right to be stupid but it becomes a crime to force your stupidity down the throats of others.

All lands in Lagos belong to the Governor of the state and he holds it in trust for the people of Lagos state who are South Westerners. If you like, get a CofO, it is issued by the Governor and can be revoked at his pleasure.

Don't think that because you are a tenant in a 2by2 chicken cage-sized shop in Lagos, you can type nonsense here.
That is your pleasure ok. Tell your governor to revoke my fathers cofos. I can give you addresses. I'll start developing my own soon while you die in face me face you one room. Look for business and get into competitive world instead of waiting for Igbo man's properties. He's going nowhere. Your fathers waited and died and you are waiting; your grandkids' will still wait. Lazy generation

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by obonujoker(m): 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
emmie14:

Don't expect anything reasonable from Omenka...

7 Likes

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Okoyeebos: 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
emmie14:

That is your pleasure ok. Tell your governor to revoke my fathers cofos. I can give you addresses. I'll start developing my own soon while you die in face me face you one room. Look for business and get into competitive world instead of waiting for Igbo man's properties. He's going nowhere. Your fathers waited and died and you are waiting; your grandkids' will still wait. Lazy generation

When your fathers went to fight their foolish war, they. felt good. When they lost like they always do and came back to collect their properties, the people of SS Nigeria chased your fathers away like stray dogs. Did you hear that a single yoruba man held back the properties of Biafrans?

You're eternal ingrates who do not deserve good deeds to be done to you. The Hausas and the SS know how to treat your madness.

7 Likes

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by Okoyeebos: 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
GoroTango:
You dare call us 'unproductive states' governed by clowns and yet we practically feed you parasite? angry

No sir, you don't feed anyone. The North has the highest amount of malnourished, hungry and starving people in West Africa. Feed them first.

Mind you, it's the Niger Delta that truly feeds this country.

4 Likes

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by emmie14: 11:23pm On Mar 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:

When your fathers went to fight their foolish war, they. felt good. When they lost like they always do and came back to collect their properties, the people of SS Nigeria chased your fathers away like stray dogs. Did you hear that a single yoruba man held back the properties of Biafrans?

You're eternal ingrates who do not deserve good deeds to be done to you. The Hausas and the SS know how to treat your madness.
You have derailed . Talk about realities of our time and what you are capable of doing in Igbo man"s properties in Lagos. I mean Lagos not Abuja Kano or calabar. Treat Igbos there madness as Hausas did. Can you...NO. Your incapable of action . Only wallowing in empty talking and self-pity. Nonsense

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Use Charge: NBA To Welcome President Buhari To Lagos With Protest.. by emmie14: 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2018
obonujoker:

Don't expect anything reasonable from Omenka...
ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Atiku launches National Competition On Policy Document / Anambra State Hosts Gospel Worship " Expression1" By Commissioner, Bonaventure / Buhari Allowed Sheikh Gumi Incite Bandits For More Attacks – Pan-Yoruba Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.