Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead (31609 Views)

See What Really Killed Sani Abacha & President Umaru Yar'adua / Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! / Yar'Adua Is Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by samcc30(m): 6:47pm On May 06, 2010
great woman indeed
the useless woman Nigeria have ever in history.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On May 06, 2010
Tuyis:

We should be careful so as not to become like the people we like to castigate, selfish and cold hearted.

You become like them when you resort to eulogizing them in dishonest ways. Speak the truth ALL THE TIME; Stand for justice even in death !!! That makes you a better person that they are, dead or alive!
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by platinumnk(f): 7:01pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You become like them when you resort to eulogizing them in dishonest ways. Speak the truth ALL THE TIME; Stand for justice even in death !!! That makes you a better person that they are, dead or alive!
+1
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by chiogo(f): 7:03pm On May 06, 2010
Na wa for Nigerians oo!!! So, now that he's dead, he automatically became a good man?!? I really don't get it.

R.I.P to him and all but y'all should stop lying about because someone died. No wonder the country is where it is today. What the hell??
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Tuyis: 7:10pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I'm sure you are not suggesting that I eulogised Yar' Adua or anyone else. If you have any evidence to the contrary please make it known.
There is a line between not agreeing with someone and being downright cold hearted. Which makes you not better than the people you criticise.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by toshmann(m): 7:19pm On May 06, 2010
Tuyis:

We should be careful so as not to become like the people we like to castigate, selfish and cold hearted.

i will never be like him in jesus name . . .AMEN cool . . .
anyone who sits on people's progress, such that the only way for the people to progress is by his/her elimination, and it's time for the people to progress, that fellow has to be eliminated and when eliminated he/she has not claims to eulogy.

now i am convinced that we will never have real democracy in nigeria until all the people above 18yrs old today have died and are buried. we actually deserve this useless govts we get time after time. i used to think we deserve better, but no, we deserve this PDP people. if after the worst era of governance in this country and the head of such is gone, and young people come here to say . . ''he was a great man'' . . just bc he is dead. . . hmmn, i laugh in swahili grin . . . . . .shame on us all. after each criminal comes a new rogue after whom we'll get a fresh thief, then a recycled robber comes before the murderer etc etc etc bc we deserve it. if we dont see the hopelessnes of this guy and his govt or his sit tightness which held this nation down for months, or his justice minister or his . . phew . . i'm tired.
do you guys realise that this guy's govt was worse than abacha's govt?
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Princemuba(m): 7:24pm On May 06, 2010
Whether he is a good man or not is not what we suppose to be deliberating upon now but pray for him to rest in eternal peace and also pray for the county to move forward about its economy and stability rather than criticizing a dead man, Na wa for you oooo, said bad thing about a decease person and worst will be said about you, RIP Umaru
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On May 06, 2010
Tuyis:

I'm sure you are not suggesting that I eulogised Yar' Adua or anyone else. If you have any evidence to the contrary please make it known.
There is a line between not agreeing with someone and being downright cold hearted. Which makes you not better than the people you criticise.

So, stating that this man not only crippled a state for 8 years, but went ahead to cripple a whole nation for over 3 years is downright cold-hearted?

When you say a line exsists between not agreeing with someone,who decides where this line starts or ends? Let me guess, you in this case??

Yar adua held on to power for so long, even with his own records showing year, after year,clearly showing him an incompetent leader. Stating that fact, even when he is dead is NOT coldhearted in my opinion. Choosing to IGNORE the facts, but instead pretending all was well when this man was alive is COLDHEARTED and stab at the many who have been directly affected, some in adverse ways, by this man's indecision/decisions in government.

Are you willing to tell the children, and families, who have had their limbs severed, thanks to yar adua instituting sharia law in katsina state, that they would be coldhearted not to state the facts of the consequence of the man's actions/inaction in that state?

Seriously, in all cases, HONESTLY IS THE BEST POLICY!!
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by UpBendel(m): 7:26pm On May 06, 2010
samcc30:

great woman indeed
the useless woman Nigeria have ever in history.  

There is a finality and completeness with death and in as much as you try to fight the inevitable - as in this case - it is easy for everyone else outside looking in to criticize this woman for all her actions and/or inactions.  For all we know she probably had no hand in all of these (you all know how we are in Nigeria) and as far as she is/was probably concerned the man was first her husband and father of her children before the president of Nigeria.  Can anyone confidently say that if they were in the same position as this woman, they would not do the same thing?
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by UpBendel(m): 7:28pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So, stating that this man not only crippled a state for 8 years, but went ahead to cripple a whole nation for over 3 years is downright cold-hearted?

When you say a line exsists between not agreeing with someone,who decides where this line starts or ends? Let me guess, you in this case??

Yar adua held on to power for so long, even with his own records showing year, after year,clearly showing him an incompetent leader. Stating that fact, even when he is dead is NOT coldhearted in my opinion. Choosing to IGNORE the facts, but instead pretending all was well when this man was alive is COLDHEARTED and stab at the many who have been directly affected, some in adverse ways, by this man's indecision/decisions in government.

Are you willing to tell the children, and families, who have had their limbs severed, thanks to yar adua instituting sharia law in katsina state, that they would be coldhearted not to state the facts of the consequence of the man's actions/inaction in that state?

Please pick one president that has not set back Nigeria in one way or the other
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On May 06, 2010
Princemuba:

Whether he is a good man or not is not what we suppose to be deliberating upon now but pray for him to rest in eternal peace and also pray for the county to move forward about its economy and stability rather than criticizing a dead man, Na wa for you oooo, said bad thing about a decease person and worst will be said about you, RIP Umaru

ROFLMAO!!!

Still praying for the man, even after death done embrace am decide where the man dey go. What good is your prayer at this point?

Worst will be said about you if you speak the truth of the dead? ROFLMAO!!!!
Where do you people get this junk reasoning from? have you not gotten it into your head by now that the only reason people speak bad of those who are dead is probably because when they were alive they did not do the right things? I mean come on!!! ROFLMAO!!

Where does this "Don't speak ill of the dead" mentality really come from? ROFLMAO!!
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On May 06, 2010
UpBendel:

Please pick one president that has not set back Nigeria in one way or the other

Why are you picking out presidents now? What has this to do with this death?
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by UpBendel(m): 7:35pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Why are you picking out presidents now? What has this to do with this death?

What has his death got to do with crippling the country??
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On May 06, 2010
UpBendel:

Ever heard of the word LEGACY?
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by beautygal(f): 7:39pm On May 06, 2010
may his soul rest in peace.

i hope this serves a lesson to we all Nigerians.power lies only in the Hands of God,and not in the hands of cabals or turai.

Pregnancy can never be hidden from public.

we nigerians are no fools

as for EL-RUFFAI i really wonder who is deceiving who.how can u be evicted based on a fuckin smellin so called RECOGNITION,

Dora Akunyili pls RE-BRAND our so called leaders because they are so selfish and only think of them selves.They are the major reason Nigeria is corrupt.

i warn again,
Go to the yar'aduas and learn [color=#990000][/color]
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by UpBendel(m): 7:42pm On May 06, 2010
UpBendel:

"Legacy" still does not give me a name.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by tlops(m): 8:05pm On May 06, 2010
R I P Presido!!!

but one question: who decided it was time to let the cat out of the bag?

Thanks for your service Umaru,
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by marvix(m): 8:42pm On May 06, 2010
Quote from kobojunkie

@kobo u said honesty is d best policy, then how do u allude to Yaradua d cripplin of d economy? 1st nd foremost d economy shld be on its feet b4 it can b crippled nd I mak bold 2 say dat in 2007 wen Yaradua came in d economy was not on any feet, it was already prostrate, u had a thrivin bankin sector nd a failed real sector, I'm yet 2 undastand u on his cripplin of d economy.

Can u honestly say he left no legacy, I bring up d rule of law legacy, he came into ofc nd met d Lagos state issue, the lagos state govt had created som LGAs witout due process nd his predecessor witheld their funds despite a court order. Yaradua on gettin 2 ofc released d funds witout any further ado or presure frm Fashola, after that d LGAs were stil illegal nd after proper delibrations with his advisers he personally wrote a letter to Fashola advisin him 2 dissolve d illegal councils or follow the due process by gettin d LGAs ratified by d senate, Fashola called his bluff yet Yaradua neva flared up or joined words but prepared 4 d courts nd Fashola a lawyer saw dat he actually had no case had 2 revert d LGAs nd made them development councils nd afta dat Yaradua left him nd Lagos state alone. This is a very strong precedence nd shows dat u can hav ur way witout bullyin.

So kobo I ask in all honesty is this not a Legacy?
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by platinumnk(f): 8:48pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!!

Where does this "Don't speak ill of the dead" mentality really come from? ROFLMAO!!
Me sef I was asking the same question last night. This is goat- like mentality. grin
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by r231(m): 8:50pm On May 06, 2010
Farewell Yar'adua may your soul rest in the blossom of Allah
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by pheonixChi(f): 8:54pm On May 06, 2010
chiogo:

Na wa for Nigerians oo!!! So, now that he's dead, he automatically became a good man?!? I really don't get it.

R.I.P to him and all but y'all should stop lying about because someone died. No wonder the country is where it is today. What the hell??

well according to Nigerians do not speak ill of the dead, suppose if people like Charles manson,Hitler,frietzel etc were Nigerians they would be hailed as wonderful too, and all will pour from north ,south, east , west to pay their condolensces. I dare 1 person to tell me Yar'adua does not have blood on his hands hissssssssssss
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by userlist(f): 9:04pm On May 06, 2010
What is all these you don't speak ill of the dead. So if Ibori, adonkey, Turai, babangida and the rest of them dies tomorrow I should fill pity.
Nigeria is a joke. This country will never move ahead if this how her citizens think.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Omolulu(m): 9:09pm On May 06, 2010
userlist:

What is all these you don't speak ill of the dead. So if Ibori, adonkey, Turai, babangida and the rest of them dies tomorrow I should fill pity.
Nigeria is a joke. This country will never move ahead if this how her citizens think.
No one said u shouldn't speak ill of the dead, however let those who want to speak well of the man speak and those who want to speak ill do likewise, that u speak well of him doesn't make you any less a patriot, this also goes out to those people insulting everyone of being cowardly, in matters of death like every other issue people should act matured.insult or praise the man and save energy for other important issues
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Omolulu(m): 9:11pm On May 06, 2010
pheonixChi:

well according to Nigerians do not speak ill of the dead, suppose if people like Charles manson,Hitler,frietzel etc were Nigerians they would be hailed as wonderful too, and all will pour from north ,south, east , west to pay their condolensces. I dare 1 person to tell me Yar'adua does not have blood on his hands hissssssssssss
the burden's on you to provide proof not blow hot air
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On May 06, 2010
Even Germany refuses to praise Hitler, yet in Nigeria, as soon as death shows up, people COWER in fear, and resort to praising, and looking for positives in the obscene. If this is not a cowardly act, or hypocritical, I don't know what else is.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Omolulu(m): 9:20pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Even Germany refuses to praise Hitler, yet in Nigeria, as soon as death shows up, people COWER in fear, and resort to praising, and looking for positives in the obscene. If this is not a cowardly act, or hypocritical, I don't know what else is.
did people mourn abacha? what positives did abacha have?
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by pheonixChi(f): 9:21pm On May 06, 2010
Omolulu:

the burden's on you to provide proof not blow hot air

i dont have to and if you actually mean what you say then i feel nothing but pity for you, if you live in NIgeria,then look all around you, i mean beyond any plush setting, or are you going to make your self look ignorant to suffering and our history ? a hstory yar'adua and co play a huge part in, i really do feel sorry for your lack of vision. I try not to judge ppl on here but a few lines shows your mentality and i am sorry if i come across rude right now, i assure its not personal. i refuse to keep stush about this kind of foolishness being displayed
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On May 06, 2010
Omolulu:

did people mourn abacha? what positives did abacha have?

Is that a joke?

You mean you have not seen the many threads honoring Abacha here on Nairaland? ROFLMAO!!!

On a serious note, does the existence, or none of those who mourned other incompetent dead leaders, really matter in this? Why do you care of the abacha situation when we are speaking of the way some of us have chosen to REWRITE history simply because DEATH, which by the way, every two years old knows is inevitable, shows up? Do you really have to wait for others to do the right thing before you do it? We are speaking of a man who left a legacy that is fresh on the minds of every single Nigerian here, and you are desperately searching for ways to justify keeping mum on the realities of his own life here.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Omolulu(m): 9:26pm On May 06, 2010
pheonixChi:

i dont have to and if you actually mean what you say then i feel nothing but pity for you, if you live in NIgeria,then look all around you, i mean beyond any plush setting, or are you going to make your self look ignorant to suffering and our history ? a hstory yar'adua and co play a huge part in, i really do feel sorry for your lack of vision. I try not to judge ppl on here but a few lines shows your mentality and i am sorry if i come across rude right now, i assure its not personal. i refuse to keep stush about this kind of foolishness being displayed

a simple statement i asked you, prove  it, please read my previous post as regards insults, nothing personal, since you have vision, the best you can do is to celebrate his death, while he was alive what were you doing? unfortunately i fear my mentality is a little bit higher but i wont trade words with you, that yaradua is dead doesn't mean i don't have issues with him, but if he did one thing right i would acknowledge it, save your anger and pray for worse people to die
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Omolulu(m): 9:27pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Is that a joke? You mean you have not seen the many threads honoring Abacha here on Nairaland? ROFLMAO!!!
i'd be glad if you can show me a thread where 20% of the posters supported Abacha

Death comes to every man, great or small, saint or sinner, but there are always 2 sides to a coin, that i choose to look at his positive side as a gentle person and you view him as grossly incompetent (which i don't deny) doesn't make me any less a lover of my country than you are
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by EzeUche(m): 9:31pm On May 06, 2010
I know Yar'Adua's mother is cursing Turai and the rest of the Northern Cabal. The man was used like a chess piece and that is what is truly sad about this situation. He should of stayed a teacher at Katsina.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On May 06, 2010
Omolulu:

i'd be glad if you can show me a thread where 20% of the posters supported Abacha

I would rather stick a fork in my eye than run around doing that for you. If you feel your fingers are broken and you choose to live in denial rather than search for the threads yourself, since you feel they are of great importance to your honesty in this case, then goodluck!

Omolulu:
Death comes to every man, great or small, saint or sinner, but there are always 2 sides to a coin, that i choose to look at his positive side as a gentle person and you view him as grossly incompetent (which i don't deny) doesn't make me any less a lover of my country than you are

Since I am almost 99% sure you NEVER met him, how did you come up with your "POSITIVE" SPIN on his life? How were you able to measure his gentility? Just curious! Cause from where I sit, I can easily conclude that Mugabe is also a gentle person. Even with all the stories of the ills he has perpetrated against his own people in the last almost 30 years, it is easy for someone watching him on tv to conclude that he is a gentle soul since you rarely see his outbursts on camera or the other sides of him for which people, his own people, speak of. Note: I have never actually met him or encountered him directly before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

We Are Behind Ambode’s Second Term Bid – Councilors / OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead / Fake INEC Official Arrested In Famgbe, Bayelsa By The Police (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.