Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead (31510 Views)

See What Really Killed Sani Abacha & President Umaru Yar'adua / Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! / Yar'Adua Is Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by sulad82i(m): 12:15am On May 06, 2010
maxsiollun:

May he RIP.

RIP = re-die in pieces
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by mastalee(m): 12:16am On May 06, 2010
No matter how you feel about
Late Mr. President, you must
remember that he is simply a
man like yourself.

He is a father, a husband, a
brother and a friend to someone.

Rest in Peace Yar'adua
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by ibro911(m): 12:16am On May 06, 2010
umaru! they say you're dead!
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by ukchy: 12:18am On May 06, 2010
HE IS DEAD, CONFIRMED, HE WILL BE BURIED TOMORROW.SOURCE THISDAY NEWS PAPER.,SILVERBIRD TELEVISION
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE, AMEN

Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by heryyy(m): 12:19am On May 06, 2010
Nigerian President Umaru Yar'Adua is dead, a presidential aide has confirmed to the BBC.

A spokesman, who did not want to be named, said Mr Yar'Adua died on Wednesday, although there's been no official announcement yet.

Mr Yar'Adua, who became president in 2007, had been ill for some time, and had not been seen in public for months.

After much wrangling, Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan was accepted as acting president in February.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/8663824.stm
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by mrkoma2012: 12:20am On May 06, 2010
Shame that ill healyh robbed nigeria of a chance to see d great maestro at wrk adieu alhaji musa yaradua.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by CarlosVent(m): 12:21am On May 06, 2010
Nigerian President Yar'Adua is dead, says an aide
breaking news

Nigerian President Umaru Yar'Adua is dead, a presidential aide has confirmed to the BBC.

A spokesman, who did not want to be named, said Mr Yar'Adua died on Wednesday, although there's been no official announcement yet.

Mr Yar'Adua, who became president in 2007, had been ill for some time, and had not been seen in public for months,

AUTHORITY: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8663824.stm
AUTHORITY: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5564878-146/yaradua_is_dead___.csp

MY QUESTION IS WHO TALKED AND SPOKE WITH BBC AND WHO SIGNED THE BUDGET.

PLEASE GOOD LUCK IN D NAME OF GOOD LUCK BRING THIS PEOPLE TO BOOK AS UR NO MORE ACTING BUT THE ABLE PRESIDENT.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by metalgong5(m): 12:21am On May 06, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Kudos to MSNBC for putting Nigerian on their front page. Fox Noise would never do such a thing.

Abeg, leave my favorite network out of this matter.

R.I.P Umaru  . . . . .  
He was a gentle man, although the cabal messed up his records when it dawned on them that Umaru was brain dead.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by steroid: 12:21am On May 06, 2010
This has even been confirmed by Wikipedia.  They have already updated their records,
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by DonChizi(m): 12:22am On May 06, 2010
I pray his spirit hunt all those involved in his suffering nd death. e.g Obj nd his deadly wife nd also remember to visit d stupid cabal nd all those religious leaders dat lied in his name. Lastly i pray u rest in peace my humble nd quiet president.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by skiido: 12:23am On May 06, 2010
Anpther one bites the dust. Now, it's time for all the so called cabal to face the music.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by deneut: 12:23am On May 06, 2010
He never was alive,to me he wasn't president,jus a walking dead man.A GHOST!

'RIP' though
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by OgidiBoy(m): 12:28am On May 06, 2010
Come why are ppl still posting links to the same story, it's already been confirmed by BBC, CNN, MSNBC, and Wikipedia for crying out loud. Is it that they don't believe Metal-gong's source or what ?
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by saiyaman: 12:29am On May 06, 2010
You know all people who lied about him being in stable condition could have had a motive beyond wanting to stay in power. Democracy is still a relatively New thing in Nigeria (by which I mean a peaceful transition from one group to another) maybe it was to keep things from spiraling out of control and sparking another coup. Hell in Regan's final years in office it is speculated that his Alzheimer was emerging (or already affecting his cognitive skills), if word got out the U.S.S.R situation may have gone in a different direction.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by kaloka(m): 12:29am On May 06, 2010
sad sad
It is quite sad, as it is revealing, that we ascribe the problems of this country to others and never see how we nurture the same problems by our sidon-look mentality (either that or it's "e go better"wink. Our problems will not go away, or get any better, until we begin to see ourselves as stake holders in the destiny of this country and so stand to lose am lot if Nigeria fails, we'll simply be marking time. So what if Umaru is dead (I believe the bugger's been pushing up daisies since before they snuck him back into the country)? He did not create Nigeria's problem and his passing means nothing to me. What would matter to me is that this event serve as a reminder to us all about the transience of life and the need for us to do the best we can with the little time we have to spend here on earth to make the country of our birth a better place for all.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Akosbaba(m): 12:30am On May 06, 2010
The guy just died and the least we can do is show our condolences
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Walert(m): 12:32am On May 06, 2010
The end of the cabal.What a tragic end!
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by naijaking1: 12:32am On May 06, 2010
May he RIP
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by 190: 12:32am On May 06, 2010
[size=20pt]1st da-grin,

owo ati swagga

and now my right hand man,
yar-adua

AHHH!!

God this is unfair~

why!!
[/size]
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by mrofficial(m): 12:32am On May 06, 2010
[size=15pt]Yar'Adua is dead or Yar'Adua is completely dead? Turai! Where are you? Na you fit answer me.[/size]
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by bidemi12(m): 12:34am On May 06, 2010
I have said it time and time again, Nigerians suffer from mass amnesia. was this not the same nairalanders who rightly recognized his failures and spoke vehemently about his greed knowing fully well that he was sick and could not perform but still went ahead for sake of power? was this not the same man who sat in a round table and negotiated the way and manner the people of Nigeria would be taken for a very bumpy ride? I beg make una stop all this oohing and aaahing. Una too de forget. And metalgong, YOU DE FEAR ME OOOOOO
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Gentlebabs(m): 12:36am On May 06, 2010
Adieu! Umoru Musa Ya'Adua, You have crossed to the great divide, where the grass is always greener and water always purer. You did your best and left the rest. Death ends all the hassles of life. Indeed1 vanity upon vanity is vanity, Sun re o!
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by BluMalam(m): 12:36am On May 06, 2010
_GOD Almighty giveth, GOD Almighty taketh, Rest In Peace U.M.Y.A, my soul weeps_
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by mamagee3(f): 12:37am On May 06, 2010
May his soul rest in Peace, Who didn't see this one coming? undecided
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Gentlebabs(m): 12:38am On May 06, 2010
Wait a minute guys! Is it morally right to wish somebody dead, ?
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by labidox: 12:38am On May 06, 2010
turai should be arrested for the murder of the president immediately
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by abiolag(m): 12:39am On May 06, 2010
9ice 1 @kaloka
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by honeric01(m): 12:39am On May 06, 2010
rip
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Onlytruth(m): 12:39am On May 06, 2010
He was a gentle man who came across as having a good heart. The cabal didn't allow us to know the real Umaru though. undecided

Somehow though, he had more presidential swagger than Jonathan (though Jonathan can always improve), was

definitely more respectable in appearance than the "Inoki" (gorilla) from Ota. I was not ashamed anytime he appeared

on international TV with other leaders (except when he started loosing weight fast).

Overall, he was a decent fellow. Could have still been alive if not for the demands of office.

May his soul rest in peace. cool
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by fredoooooo: 12:40am On May 06, 2010
even post or money can not buy death, hope others can learn , anyway sha R.I.P
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by bidemi12(m): 12:41am On May 06, 2010
Gentlebabs:

Wait a minute guys! Is it morally right to wish somebody dead, ?

I beg dont bring ridiculous twists here. If Abacha was alive would you not wish him dead? If your child was hacked to death like the one's in Jos would you not wish the attackers dead. I beg contribute logic here.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Iyineda(m): 12:41am On May 06, 2010
RIP, President Umaru Yar'Adua.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Caption This Femi Fani-kayode Photo With EFCC securities / "The Two Faces Of Tuface" By Reuben Abati / A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.