Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead (31508 Views)

See What Really Killed Sani Abacha & President Umaru Yar'adua / Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! / Yar'Adua Is Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by rickie4us(m): 1:15am On May 06, 2010
solajacobs:

Walahi, Andoaka would have convinced Nigeria that Yar Adua can rule from heaven

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by chiogo(f): 1:16am On May 06, 2010
So, this isn't another rumor? na wa oo

R.I.P, I guess.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by panafrican(m): 1:17am On May 06, 2010
Sad . He fought the good war, the war against corruption  and fiscal irresponsibility.  
condoleances  !
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Sirdayor(m): 1:17am On May 06, 2010
May his gentle soul rest in the bossom of JAH!!!
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by mamagee3(f): 1:18am On May 06, 2010
chiogo:

So, this isn't another rumor? na wa oo

R.I.P, I guess.
Completely shocked when I saw the article online. I almost had a cardiac arrest. It was sooo unexpected.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by agabaI23(m): 1:18am On May 06, 2010
Aww rest in peace my dear. You were a good man.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Owen2(m): 1:20am On May 06, 2010
What baffles me is the fact that we had to learn of our own presidents death from foreign news channels.
In an ideal situation they should be citing our local channels as their source of information and waiting on us for further informations while we filter infos that should be unveiled to them.
This country is in an entirely different wave length from the world.
We are the gods of odds.

Gutted!
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by zamzekx(m): 1:20am On May 06, 2010
toshmann:

who said the dead have any dues? did hitler recieve any good treatment after his death? did nero? did stalin? what good do these dead men deserve when their actions or inactions lead millions of others to their death?angry
they have dues of-course. SIX FEET.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by steroid: 1:21am On May 06, 2010
toshmann:

who said the dead have any dues? did hitler recieve any good treatment after his death? did nero? did stalin? what good do these dead men deserve when their actions or inactions lead millions of others to their death?

why must poor people be made to feel sorry when big man dies whereas when poor people die en masse nobody notices

pls this guy was so incompetent, his wife was hopeless, his ministers were hoodlums. on his watch nigeria was taken back 5 centuries and you want me to weep for him?

i got relatives and friends to weep for. if i must weep.

if i shed a tear for this man, i must have borrowed it from a crocodile angry
He is a father and there are people that need him around them. Are you ready to fill the gap that has been created
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by toshmann(m): 1:21am On May 06, 2010
mama-gee:

Completely shocked when I saw the article online. I almost had a cardiac arrest. It was sooo unexpected.

whaaaat shocked . . unexpected? . . . them tell u say yaradua don die and u say it was unexpected. in which planet have you been?
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by mistakay: 1:21am On May 06, 2010
What ever he may be at least he was never after what all politicians are after.Money !! Money !! Money !!! If money is not his motivation then he must have loved nigeria to want to risk his life as he did to serve.The only leader who might come close to yaradua is the late Murtala Mohd. So Long Mr.President.

To those rejoycing may you all live till 3010. Amen.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by MandingoII(m): 1:22am On May 06, 2010
Damn!

He was young, 58
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by OgidiBoy(m): 1:23am On May 06, 2010
mama-gee:

Look at your nose getting longer and longer grin grin
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by shilling(f): 1:23am On May 06, 2010
RIP.

He's now a trending topic on twitter.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by mamagee3(f): 1:24am On May 06, 2010
^^What do you mean?
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by ib612(m): 1:24am On May 06, 2010
This is very sad.

R.I.P
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by toshmann(m): 1:25am On May 06, 2010
steroid:

He is a father and there are people that need him around them. Are you ready to fill the gap that has been created

let me guess the gap he left behind . . . undecided . . . he left a very rich and powerful wife, as well as very rich daughters, some of whom are married to rich and powerful governors. he has a rich mother and rich family members who will never have any problem money can solve.

now let me calculate the gap left by the death of those poor naijans who died in the various religious riots/ road accidents/ ill equipped hospitals/etc/etc/etc/

I cant, now i've started weeping for them . .

abegi
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by 190: 1:26am On May 06, 2010
[size=20pt]WE NOR DE TIRE TO SAY R.I.P

why cant we say RIP to IBB or oshiomole or sometin,
[/size]

or even turai~

why r.i.p to good guyzz

owo ati swagger to you my president the hearer the doer! yar-adua
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Nobody: 1:28am On May 06, 2010
[size=16pt]Finally the issue of the presidents health has been laid to rest cheesy
This series is becoming exciting ooo.
Its just full of suspense,drama and intrigue,  lets keep our fingers crossed grin grin
who signed the budget? who spoke to BBC?
will IBB become president? will goodluck run for president? will nigeria breakup? tongue tongue
Watch out grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by steroid: 1:29am On May 06, 2010
toshmann:

let me guess the gap he left behind . . . undecided . . . he left a very rich and powerful wife, as well as very rich daughters, some of whom are married to rich and powerful governors. he has a rich mother and rich family members who will never have any problem money can solve.

now let me calculate the gap left by the death of those poor naijans who died in the various religious riots/ road accidents/ ill equipped hospitals/etc/etc/etc/

I cant, now i've started weeping for them . .

abegi
His PRESENCE is the gap that cannot be filled by anyone or money, but by him alone.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by sulad82i(m): 1:29am On May 06, 2010
luizworld:

[size=16pt]Finally the issue of the presidents health has been laid to rest cheesy
Its just full of suspense,drama and intrigue, lets keep our fingers crossed grin grin
will IBB become president? will goodluck run for president? will nigeria breakup? tongue tongue
Watch out grin grin grin
[/size]

Sounds like u are advertising a movie. What chapter is this? LOL
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by 190: 1:34am On May 06, 2010
im most interested in the part of nigeria breaking up

so we can have the rich oil to ourselves eventually

@lest all these suffering go calm down!
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by bidemi12(m): 1:35am On May 06, 2010
toshmann:

who said the dead have any dues? did hitler recieve any good treatment after his death? did nero? did stalin? what good do these dead men deserve when their actions or inactions lead millions of others to their death?

why must poor people be made to feel sorry when big man dies whereas when poor people die en masse nobody notices

pls this guy was so incompetent, his wife was hopeless, his ministers were hoodlums. on his watch nigeria was taken back 5 centuries and you want me to weep for him?

i got relatives and friends to weep for. if i must weep.

if i shed a tear for this man, i must have borrowed it from a crocodile angry

God bless you jare. Nigerians forget too quickly.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by sinistyle(m): 1:36am On May 06, 2010
So sad. He was a man of good intentions whose vision for his motherland was truncated by the mercenaries who constituted his cabinet. A law abiding president unlike his immediate predecessor. A respecter of the rule of law and due process. Nigerians will truly miss you. I wonder what will happen next
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by steroid: 1:39am On May 06, 2010
bidemi12:

God bless you jare. Nigerians forget too quickly.
Yes Nigerians forget easily, that they will die one day- Good or Bad, righteous or unholy. they are all bound to die. Yet no one knows where the soul is.
Think for a moment.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by henry101(m): 1:40am On May 06, 2010
luizworld:

Its just full of suspense,drama and intrigue,  lets keep our fingers crossed grin grin
who signed the budget? who spoke to BBC?
Watch out grin grin grin
[/size]

Will OUR satellite crash again?
Will this be last episode?
sit, relax and enjoy the most of part 2 and the rest,
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by dempeople(m): 1:43am On May 06, 2010
Sometimes, I can't really help but thank God for 'creating' death (just like he created life). I honestly don't wish death to Mr. Yar'Adua but guys, if his death would bring about some desperate positive changes to our dear 9ja then, by all means, its high time he 'bows out'. I won't shed a drop of tear neither would I be sad of his death. Infact, to be honest, I feel somewhat relieved - yes, and I'm not remorseful in stating it. Nonsense, Any Nigerian worth his/her salt would worry about, amongst other things, many people who have died totally preventable deaths in Nigeria.

Apart from his short corrupt, mafia-like administration which dealt great harm to Nigeria's image both home and abroad, we all hope Turai is satisfied now. What an evil woman.  angry. This whole episode could have been ended long time ago and allow us to move on with our lives.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Eziachi: 1:45am On May 06, 2010
The fear of Aso Rock must now be the begining of wisdom for all Northern ruling mafian gang. The smiling dictator IBB left there in disgrace, Abacha left in a cloud of mistery via a box, now Yar Adua also left in a box. It seems IBB did not like the way he left but rather prefers the box too, hence his present scheming for a come back.
Now Yar Adua can rule from six feet under- that is what is former attorney general once said, that he can rule from anywhere, I will assume that includes the grave.

Now, if Jonathan is blackmailed to allow another northerner in by opting out to run in 2011, the northerner is likely to choose another SS person as his VP, right?
So in 2015, how is Jonathan sure that the new southern VP won't have ambition of his own to become president himself when Jonathan will already had become a yesterday's man? because in Nigeria, once you are out of power, so too is any of your influence.

I am loving this drama- who would have thought that the end is very near like this for this contraption?

Oh God! Now, another thought! The world will now brace themselves with dillions of spam emails from Nigerian crooked 49ers telling you that Yar Adua left all his money with them and can you give them your bank account to transfer it and you will get 40% of it but first of all you have to send them five thousand dollars to clear the money from the Nigerian central bank.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by shilling(f): 1:47am On May 06, 2010
mama-gee:

^^What do you mean?

Twitter displays 10 TT (trending topics) on the homepage. . .  trending topics have the most tweets on twitter worldwide. So, it means - many people are tweeting about Yar'dua's death right now.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by Gilbertman(m): 1:47am On May 06, 2010
When I caught the last tail of the news on CNN, I only saw Nigeria and my heart skipped a bit,I was like"what have we done again"!!Then I saw it's about Yar Adua.May he rest well and be properly welcome in heaven.
I pray, the way forward for Nigeria out of the quagmire be well-lit, broaden and paved henceforth.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by mistakay: 1:47am On May 06, 2010
sinistyle:

So sad. He was a man of good intentions whose vision for his motherland was truncated by the mercenaries who constituted his cabinet. A law abiding president unlike his immediate predecessor. A respecter of the rule of law and due process. Nigerians will truly miss you. I wonder what will happen next

so sad indeed.May God bless those who stand for the truth.
Re: President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead by factbox(f): 2:02am On May 06, 2010
TOSHMANN u re the foolest and the dullest creature i have ever seen because u just punch on ur keyboard aimlessly and brainlessly, do u even read ur post after typing yeah nonsense,shior ALAINI OPOLO,may almighty God bless u sinistyle for ur sensible post more positive effect to ur brain(amen).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Policemen Chasing Yahoo Boy In Akute Injured Passersby / 2023: Tinubu, Buhari Agreed On Power Shift To South West - Tunde Balogun / Anambra: Soludo Dedicates Victory To Policemen Killed During Town Hall Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.