Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (31603 Views)

Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 30, 2018
Blonchilli:
Lol
The white man invented Christianity, enslaved Africans and made us religious puppets. Now they're attempting to reinvent it to fit in their societal depravity and guess what the African man will still embrace it because his masters have spoken. Even if it meets some form of resistance Africans will still follow suit. After all our current societal norms and values stinks of the white man

If only you were a little bit literate about History then you would know Jesus had so much black influences around him. I can easily tell someone is ignorant about history when they say Christianity is a White man's religion. I blame the Islamists like the Nation of Islam,etc for dissementing this lie which has seen a lot of Blacks/Africans substitute Arab/Islamic religion for African religion.

Let me shock you..

Do you know instead of Jesus Christ. It was actually Mohammed that was White.

You want me to prove it to you?
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Freeezzz1(m): 10:58am On Mar 30, 2018
Joyce Meyers, does having tattoo give you happiness?
cool
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 30, 2018
Harshirama:
Can anyone give me a reason why getting tattoos is wrong?.
can you use a spoke to mark on your rolls Royce or your private jet? These are beautiful works of men.
God has Fearfully and Wonderfully made you and said you're perfect.
why would you use a spoke on your already perfect body?
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by talk2percy(m): 11:06am On Mar 30, 2018
I love what she said...these church people their own too much for their body goo
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by openmine(m): 11:08am On Mar 30, 2018
interesting times....

Soon homosexuality will be a practice embraced by most churches in the future(That's if it hasn't already started),simply because according to some people,it doesn't "hurt" any one!

As much as I understand wat she is trying to say,as a pastor or as a Shepherd of God's flock, U must ensure Ur words or actions don't lead people astray or away from Christ!

This is because every single clergyman or woman will give account of what they did on earth!

What is wrong is wrong....U don't need to paint stuffs on ur body to show that U belong to Christ!

Let ur utterance and actions be a light for all to see!

As for believers,esp those who surrender the reading or studying of the scriptures to unsuspecting pastors or clergymen,this is the time to be very careful and watchful about what U hear.....

Its time U dust that bible and start to study it Urself!
What U don't know,U are already a slave to it!

1 Like

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by obailala(m): 11:08am On Mar 30, 2018
GGirll:
Are mine surprised Not at all n will never be you ask me why? Because I know my bible and I know my God....if you read Matthew 24 you will see it there we are warned to be ware of wolves in sheep clothings thank God I don't even read her books from time being....read 2 Peter 2:1-end n you will understand.....this heresies we have been warned that false prophets will deceive many please before you consider her words on tattoo remember after death only you not her will face judgments of all have done n ignorance is not going to be entertained....forget church n be a bi ble reader yourselves, forget all these people n know your Jesus yourselves...eternal damnation awaits all those who allowed themselves to be deceived by the anti Christ n his false prophets be warned...read 3rd John 3:7.....only rapture is eminent
I dont subscribe to her or anyone placing a tatoo on their bodies for the sole purpose of just spiting a group of people, it's silly! But a fact I understand from my bible is that Christ doesn't care if you have or you place a tatoo on your body. Still cant understand why anyone still goes into the book of Leviticus to dig up levitical laws as rules for 'Christianity'
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by talk2percy(m): 11:09am On Mar 30, 2018
JimaeChinko:

If only you were a little bit literate about History then you would know Jesus had so much black influences around him. I can easily tell someone is ignorant about history when they say Christianity is a White man's religion. I blame the Islamists like the Nation of Islam,etc for dissementing this lie which has seen a lot of Blacks/Africans substitute Arab/Islamic religion for African religion.

Let me shock you..

yes pls prove it...I am a freethinker by the way.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Harshirama(m): 11:09am On Mar 30, 2018
timolala:

can you use a spoke to mark on your rolls Royce or your private jet? These are beautiful works of men.
God has Fearfully and Wonderfully made you and said you're perfect.
why would you use a spoke on your already perfect body?
If I mark my rolls Royce with a spoke,is it a sin?. So if get a bible verse as a tattoo will I go to hell cause of it. God made us wonderfully but he gave us sense too.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Kolawoleblgn: 11:13am On Mar 30, 2018
This lady is a devil. Never believed her at any time
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by obailala(m): 11:17am On Mar 30, 2018
NavalObi37:
THE BIBLE REMAINS THE STANDARD AND NOT MAN/WOMAN..

GOD FORBIDS MARKING YOUR BODY FOR ANY REASON
You picked that up from Leviticus right?.... God also forbids all men from shaving their side hair and adorning any garment made of more than one type of fabric; all these together with the law on tatoos were inked in the same chapter. How come no one preaches the other laws?

3 Likes

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by obailala(m): 11:17am On Mar 30, 2018
Kolawoleblgn:
This lady is a devil. Never believed her at any time
What makes her a devil?
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by emirex50(m): 11:24am On Mar 30, 2018
duni04:
Not a fan of Joyce but I completely agree, especially as a counter to the nonsense pat Robinson was spewing. Why on earth should anyone go back to Leviticus to teach us how to live our lives today, after Jesus has come to abolish those laws? It's the same thing these people do with tithes. They heap all these Jewish laws on Christians in the 21st century, after Jesus has come to abolish all these laws.

Sir, please with all humility, I will urge you not to be misguided. JESUS Christ didn't come to condemn the law or the prophets but to fulfill them.

In His(Jesus) own words from the scripture according to Matthew;

Matt 5:17-20 reads- Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The most important thing is to seek to glorify God in all we do. That was the utmost priority of our Lord Jesus. Holiness remains a standard with God and it will not be lowered for anybody small or great.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by iSpread(m): 11:25am On Mar 30, 2018
Having a Tattoo is not a sin.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:25am On Mar 30, 2018
openmine:
interesting times....

Soon homosexuality will be a practice embraced by most churches in the future(That's if it hasn't already started),simply because according to some people,it doesn't "hurt" any one!

As much as I understand wat she is trying to say,as a pastor or as a Shepherd of God's flock, U must ensure Ur words or actions don't lead people astray or away from Christ!

This is because every single clergyman or woman will give account of what they did on earth!

What is wrong is wrong....U don't need to paint stuffs on ur body to show that U belong to Christ!

Let ur utterance and actions be a light for all to see!

As for believers,esp those who surrender the reading or studying of the scriptures to unsuspecting pastors or clergymen,this is the time to be very careful and watchful about what U hear.....

Its time U dust that bible and start to study it Urself!
What U don't know,U are already a slave to it!
Nothing is new under the sun there are christians who embrace same sex marriage they are called progressive christians google it.It didn't start today.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by talk2ekpa(m): 11:28am On Mar 30, 2018
eleojo23:
Only a few people who have understanding will get the point she is trying to make.
Religious and legalistic people just won't get it.

I would rather be friends with a Christian guy who has tattoos but sincerely loves God and his fellow humans than be friends with a so-called Christian who doesn't have tattoos but whose heart is full of deceit, malice and zero love for his fellow human being.

I read through this entire thread to see if any replied you. But found non...

My brother, I understand what you are trying to say but the truth is, Joyce is wrong with this teaching.
1. Theologically, The book of Leviticus has more weight than the book of Isaiah: Leviticus is a commandments, Isaiah is a prophecy. But more important, Isaiah's prophecy talked about what the Israelis are going to do, but not what God told them to do. But Leviticus is what God wants them to do.
2. Yes, only few will understand what she's saying, but then, how about the many thousands who will not understand what she's saying?

I don't know you, but have you really seen tattoos... cry?. By this her teaching, it means that God approves all those demonic and ugly tattoos that many wear on their body.

Did you really read her words:
she said her own tattoo would be 'I belong to the Lord'
Good tattoo, but do you know how many persons are going to start wearing tattoos of strange marks and beings as a result of this her teachings?

Finally... Bro, like I said above, Isaiah was talking about what the people are going to do, not what God asked them to do, but Leviticus is talking about what God wants the people to do.

Bro, this Joyce Meyers teaching is nothing but Ecclisiates
7:29....God made man upright, but men have chosen their own ways.

That is what happens in Isaiah were she quoted: the Israeli chose that they wanted those marks, but not because God asked them to engraved them on their body, because God can never contradict His words.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by openmine(m): 11:28am On Mar 30, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Nothing is new under the sun there are christians who embrace same sex marriage they are called progressive christians google it.It didn't start today.
Yeah progressives.....I guess that's now a new buzz word for some confused believers who hardly study the scriptures and get influenced by all manner of doctrines! smh
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by nospmoht(m): 11:28am On Mar 30, 2018
Religious people are getting mad already.... Joyce Mayer is so right.. It depends on ur motive....
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:28am On Mar 30, 2018
JimaeChinko:

Let me shock you..

Like talk2percy said shock us cheesy.You seem to hate Islam that is not healthy.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by nospmoht(m): 11:30am On Mar 30, 2018
People re already wearing tattoos, with or without her teaching
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2018
eleojo23:
Only a few people who have understanding will get the point she is trying to make.

I would rather be friends with a Christian guy who has tattoos but sincerely loves God and his fellow humans than be friends with a so-called Christian who doesn't have tattoos but whose heart is full of deceit, malice and zero love for his fellow human being.

You do not get it

You can never have the spirit of GOD in you and be wearing a tattoo.

Simple.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by eleojo23: 11:31am On Mar 30, 2018
jusRadical:

You do not get it

You can never have the spirit of GOD in you and be wearing a tattoo.

Simple.
I have been waiting for this comment.

grin grin
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:31am On Mar 30, 2018
openmine:

Yeah progressives.....I guess that's now a new buzz word for some confused believers who hardly study the scriptures and get influenced by all manner of doctrines! smh
The confusion started the day martin Luther broke away from the catholic church and brought in protestanism,the confusion started when king henry VIII broke away from Catholicism and brought the church of England.The confusion started when the bible was translated from it's original languages and manuscripts and different translations.The confusion didn't start today.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Adekdammy: 11:43am On Mar 30, 2018
We are now in the end time. O Lord teach her to know that the letter kills but the spirit gives life.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Morbeta11(m): 11:54am On Mar 30, 2018
Pope yesterday.... Meyer today....... Farmers/herdsmen tomorrow.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by wheelie(m): 11:54am On Mar 30, 2018
God bless you for this....we need to always pray for 'understanding' its just the society pointing fingers...i like what she said that serving God isn't boring..

eleojo23:

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by goodnews777: 11:57am On Mar 30, 2018
Na fools dey listen to that one. woman when don marry more than ones . scammer.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 30, 2018
duni04:
Not a fan of Joyce but I completely agree, especially as a counter to the nonsense pat Robinson was spewing. Why on earth should anyone go back to Leviticus to teach us how to live our lives today, after Jesus has come to abolish those laws? It's the same thing these people do with tithes. They heap all these Jewish laws on Christians in the 21st century, after Jesus has come to abolish all these laws.

There's something I would like to understand...When u say Jesus has abolished all those law...Does it mean we can lie, steal and do all those things the 10th commandment said??....Cos I don't really get....

I must have read somewhere in the new testament where Jesus said I ddnt come to condemn the law but to fulfill it....What he did is sum up all the laws into two commandments..Love Ur God and love Ur neighbor....

Meaning it's no longer following numbers of rules that make u a Christian....But doing everything out if love. Therefore even though it was never written in the Bible thou shall not smoke....Smoking clearly affects u and pple around you...So u are no longer acting out love but obeying you fleshy desire and that's being selfish..

Back to this lady....The argument of a tattoo begin wrong or right isn't even my problem...But for her caliber of Christian.. I'm just wondering that she hasn't put aside that kinda unimportant desire of the flesh for the gospel she holds so dearly

I was listening to a pastor one day....And he made a statement that watching television isnt a sin...But u just get to a level of relationship with God and sitting with the TV for hours won't just be part of u anymore...He would rather read the Bible for 10hrs or and inspirational book that watch an unimportant programme on just to entertain the flesh with no gain to the spirit...
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2018
One of the reason I don't have mentors, we are all but mere mortals ,with faults of our own, fears of our own to fight.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by matiuni: 12:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
When women want to talk on divorce or fornications they will quickly remember the Bible for men to follow.When it is an issue that affects them they Will remember liberty and freedom.How does not doing tattoo put a woman in bondage? What is the added beauty of tattoo in a woman's life.All things may be lawful but not all things are beneficial.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by duni04(m): 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
1StopRudeness:

There's something I would like to understand...When u say Jesus has abolished all those law...Does it mean we can lie, steal and do all those things the 10th commandment said??....Cos I don't really get....

I must have read somewhere in the new testament where Jesus said I ddnt come to condemn the law but to fulfill it....What he did is sum up all the laws into two commandments..Love Ur God and love Ur neighbor....

Meaning it's no longer following numbers of rules that make u a Christian....But doing everything out if love. Therefore even though it was never written in the Bible thou shall not smoke....Smoking clearly affects u and pple around you...So u are no longer acting out love but obeying you fleshy desire and that's being selfish..

Back to this lady....The argument of a tattoo begin wrong or right isn't even my problem...But for her caliber of Christian.. I'm just wondering that she hasn't put aside that kinda unimportant desire of the flesh for the gospel she holds so dearly

I was listening to a pastor one day....And he made a statement that watching television isnt a sin...But u just get to a level of relationship with God and sitting with the TV for hours won't just be part of u anymore...He would rather read the Bible for 10hrs or and inspirational book that watch an unimportant programme on just to entertain the flesh with no gain to the spirit...
Those laws in Leviticus requiring us to stone women who commit adultery to death, or to pay tithe to the levites, those laws don't apply to me as a Christian because I'm not a Jew. I was referring to what Pat Robinson was quoted to have said. Any pastor in today's world that goes and quotes a Jewish law in Leviticus and imposes on his congregation in the 21st century, after the death of Jesus, that pastor is a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by TheHod: 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
1StopRudeness:

Physical exercise profit little.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Virgins Are A Burden, The Bible Doesn't Condemn Prostitution- Ghanaian Pastor / Edo Redeemed Church Campaigns For Ize-Iyamu? (Photos) / I Do Not Believe in God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.