Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad (31600 Views)

Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2018
Her point is simply God checks the heart. This message is to many Nigerians. The religionists. We see them in church but evil in heart. It’s all about motives. How can you be a Christian and you are happy to see your neighbor suffer. Ever wondered why the western world keeps developing, it’s because the ones that seek God, seek him in truth and spirit but here, we are more hypocrites. Typical example of the pharisee
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by IdeyFindWife: 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
Atiku2019:
My Grandma got a traditional tattoo smiley

Yeah, am curious about that because my Grandm's got one too!

And what about facial tribal marks commonly practiced jejely in Nigeria since "before-before"?

And did Jesus come to abolish/destroy the socicultural identification markers of different cultures all over the world or what?

Are all the native cultural practices (I.e. dress codes, eating habits, menu, lifestyle choices/options, artistic & musical expression forms etc) of the world supposed to be given up so we can be made into cleverly cloned copies of Exodus_Leviticus/Deuteronomy_Numbers ( the Jews) OR our the Whitman who brought the #Gospel to us?

Just how much of the White Man's convictions and confusions (both Ancient and Recent) have we/are we absorbing/accepting/assimilating as #$cripturalSoundDoctrine
#DivinelyInspiredRevelation
#TheLifeChangingWordOfGod?

[Remember, these same #BibleBelieving Whites once believed that even though #Genesis stood as the #Final_Authority in explaining #CreationOfMan_InHisOwnImage, the #Origin of the #Blackman still was in doubt as to originating from that same source as the #WhiteMan's?

#BibleThumpingPreachers sanctioned #Slave_Trade, destroyed #IndigenousCultures,
winked at #$lavingExpeditions and even owned #$lave_Plantations treating other men, the glorious creation of Yahweh like animals.

Remember Martin Luther King? And the #ChurchGoing_WhiteAmericanGovernment who had him killed off? And for what?

Like Elijah, at the Mount Sinai, Whites have always missed God from time to time, but the real questions are:

1. Just Who is God (who do men say I am?)

2. Who is this God To Us (who do You say I Am)? [How do you Identify with Divinity] {What Gaps Does He Fill In your Existence... as a person, a congregation, a race?)
...I guess we really missed it, big time, around that side?
Nigerian Christians are just follow-follow folks with very little self-discovery or conviction-driving, life-changing, #PersonalDivineEncounters to reference their personalities, decisions or directions around... just a bunch of hopeful, miracle-seekers, walking by sight, by #half-truths, #BentDoctrines, #BorrowedCultures instead of walking by the #Faith in the #GloriousLight of the #Word!

It explains a lot, even the country, as a messed up unit!

PS
Now, I ain't tryna start an e-Fight or something but I know that "prophets-are- relevant-to-their-generation" and continuously not being able to find the right expectations of God's Word for us in our times means we will not be able to distill the eternal truths of the #Word into contemporary applications for the modern man! Hence, we won't deliver ourselves or deliver to our generation as proper!
That ladies & gentlemen, is the real issue!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by urvillagepeoplee(m): 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
introvertedsoul:
OK madam pastor. I am going to check my BIBLE to see what is written there.
That's the only doctrine I believe in and follow now.
swear you haven't had premarital sex or done anything the bible also forbids since you live by what the bible says.

1 Like

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by stieyven(m): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2018
duni04:
Not a fan of Joyce but I completely agree, especially as a counter to the nonsense pat Robinson was spewing. Why on earth should anyone go back to Leviticus to teach us how to live our lives today, after Jesus has come to abolish those laws? It's the same thing these people do with tithes. They heap all these Jewish laws on Christians in the 21st century, after Jesus has come to abolish all these laws.
Matthew 5:17. Read it and become wise.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Blonchilli(m): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
JimaeChinko:

If only you were a little bit literate about History then you would know Jesus had so much black influences around him. I can easily tell someone is ignorant about history when they say Christianity is a White man's religion. I blame the Islamists like the Nation of Islam,etc for dissementing this lie which has seen a lot of Blacks/Africans substitute Arab/Islamic religion for African religion.

Let me shock you..

Do you know instead of Jesus Christ. It was actually Mohammed that was White.

You want me to prove it to you?
I studied history and I know very well Jesus Christ wasn't white. I know also the Holy Bible we read now that some scroll have been missing due to war and various hazard. The British Empire and the church of latter day saint is responsible for the wide spread of Christianity around the globe through colonialism and expansion. The west fought holy wars using Christianity to further their propaganda. King James played a major influence in Christianity same with Rome and The Spanish empire. Africa had never encountered Christianity until the British expenditure discovered this "forsaken world", in the white man words. With time we've turned ourselves into fanatics while the white man applies practical thinking to further expand his territories, growth and development. So next time you quote me don't act like a religious fanatic. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Newboss(m): 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
bedspread:
The Holy Bible is The Standard... not Joyce Meyer
Are you talking about your rewritten holy Bible, or the one she quoted from. angry

You religious folks are really funny! angry
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by bedspread: 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2018
[s]
Newboss:
Are you talking about your rewritten holy Bible, or the one she quoted from. angry

You religious folks are really funny! angry
[/s]How do u know what u don't know....
RECIEVCE JESUS 1st before u ask
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Newboss(m): 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
bedspread:
[s][/s]How do u know what u don't know....
RECIEVCE JESUS 1st before u ask
Google is your friend bro angry

What she quoted was the Bible. angry

If it's okay to pierce your ear, but wrong to ink something on ones body, then you folks need a brain angry
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Newboss(m): 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
Blonchilli:
Lol
The white man invented Christianity, enslaved Africans and made us religious puppets. Now they're attempting to reinvent it to fit in their societal depravity and guess what the African man will still embrace it because his masters have spoken. Even if it meets some form of resistance Africans will still follow suit. After all our current societal norms and values stinks of the white man
You are so wrong. angry

Tattoos and markings on the skin are hallmark of African traditional shît! angry

Go to your village and ask around! angry

I think you don't even know what tattoo is! angry
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by bedspread: 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
Newboss:
Google is your friend bro angry

What she quoted was the Bible. angry

If it's okay to pierce your ear, but wrong to ink something on ones body, then you folks need a brain angry
What Exactly are u saying??i no understand your Stand at all
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by doyinbaby(f): 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
Christian read your Bible rightly divide the word of truth
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Newboss(m): 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2018
bedspread:
What Exactly are u saying??i no understand your Stand at all
Did she not show you where your so called God said he'll tattoo your name on his body? angry Abi religion don take away your ability to reason? angry
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by bedspread: 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2018
Newboss:
Did she not show you where your so called God said he'll tattoo your name on his body? angry Abi religion don take away your ability to reason? angry
Read Leviticus 19:28....
Joyce Meyer is on her own
Whoever follows her is on his/her own...
Heaven is a Personal race
Hell also is a personal race
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Newboss(m): 1:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
bedspread:
Read Leviticus 19:28....
Joyce Meyer is on her own
Whoever follows her is on his/her own...
Heaven is a Personal race
Hell also is a personal race
If you know how many laws that are in that thing you're talking about, you will know that you have been brainwashed. angry

Open that book of the Bible and read with your brain open. Be ready to stone the woman who commits adultery... Be ready to stop using certain clothing materials to sew your clothes... Etc. angry

My guy, go and get your brain back from that pastor that brainwashed you! angry

Christianity is an extention of a Middle East religion. They all have similar history. angry
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Blonchilli(m): 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
Newboss:
You are so wrong. angry

Tattoos and markings on the skin are hallmark of African traditional shît! angry

Go to your village and ask around! angry

I think you don't even know what tattoo is! angry
Did you see me mention that Tattoo was African or western? The native Americans used tattoos to mark themselves cause it was both spiritual and traditional pride, the Hawaiian also uses tattoos even their chiefs wear it proudly, Africans also uses tattoos. However in time Christianity have preached to us that those with tattoos are condemned to hell. Whereas it's an age long practice and even some people in the Bible draw tattoos for various mean of identification. So next time you quote me read well before you type garbage bags from your head. I doubt you can even read, I recommend you buy Macmillan text books on reading. Have a nice day
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Gepheral: 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
She made very valid points.

Most people commenting didn't even watch the video
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by purples25(f): 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2018
So called religious people pray and do all the basics but have very bad characters and attitudes that they don't care to change. I've noticed this as SUCH a widespread thing. I know what I faced when I followed the religious people, though following God is not about putting your faith in other humans.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by purples25(f): 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
They think they can't be called to order once they are praying and doing other religious requirements. Do all the basics and leave your character to rot.

And they are very proud , arrogant and look down very much upon others. And they listen to no one , just stride above everyone else because they are active in church.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by smexy(m): 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
eleojo23:
Only a few people who have understanding will get the point she is trying to make.
Religious and legalistic people just won't get it.

I would rather be friends with a Christian guy who has tattoos but sincerely loves God and his fellow humans than be friends with a so-called Christian who doesn't have tattoos but whose heart is full of deceit, malice and zero love for his fellow human being.

Joyce and you are getting it wrong. I'm going the back up my point with an excerpt from Dan Brown's "the lost symbol", the author of " the da vinci code ", here it goes,
"The one who called himself Mal'akh pressed the tip of the needle against his shaved head, sighing with pleasure as the sharp tool plunged in and out of his flesh. The soft hum of the electric device was addictive . . . as was the bite of the needle sliding deep into his dermis and depositing its dye.
I am a masterpiece.
The goal of tattooing was never beauty. The goal was change. From the scarified Nubian priests of 2000 B.C., to the tattooed acolytes of the Cybele cult of ancient Rome, to the moko scars of the modern Maori, humans have tattooed themselves as a way of offering up their bodies in partial sacrifice, enduring the physical pain of embellishment and emerging changed beings.
Despite the ominous admonitions of Leviticus 19:28, which forbade the marking of one's flesh, tattoos had become a rite of passage shared by millions of people in the modern age--everyone from clean-cut teenagers to hard-core drug users to suburban housewives.
The act of tattooing one's skin was a transformative declaration of power, an announcement to the world: I am in control of my own flesh. The intoxicating feeling of control derived from physical transformation had addicted millions to flesh-altering practices . . . cosmetic surgery, body piercing, bodybuilding, and steroids . . . even bulimia and transgendering. The human spirit craves mastery over its carnal shell."
People delve into things without knowing how it came about.
To God, the foundation is vital.
John 3:6
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit"
So, opposing the use of tattoos is not being religious, it's plainly ungodly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Ageco(m): 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
Don't follow this woman please. She is teaching falsehood & in the process leading her audience to eternal doom. Tattoo is never for true Christians. There must be a clear distinction between he / her that is in Christ & who is not.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by smexy(m): 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:
swear you haven't had premarital sex or done anything the bible also forbids since you live by what the bible says.
But he knows it's a sin. Having tattoos and not admitting it's wrong is another matter.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by InansBobo(m): 3:15pm On Mar 30, 2018
eleojo23:
Only a few people who have understanding will get the point she is trying to make.
Religious and legalistic people just won't get it.

I would rather be friends with a Christian guy who has tattoos but sincerely loves God and his fellow humans than be friends with a so-called Christian who doesn't have tattoos but whose heart is full of deceit, malice and zero love for his fellow human being.

what about being friends with a Christian who doesn't have tattoos on his body and still sincerely loves God and his fellow human.
Let's not leave one and do the other. all is important
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Tbexy: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
Immediately I read this I just knew those deeper life freaks will start ranting. But it's very sad that everyone practices religion these days and no one practices faith.

Most religious Christians are just illiterates who think reading the Bible is about reading it word for word and not listening to tell Holy Spirit . Some unfortunate fellows are even calling her a false prophet. SMH. Well just so you know Joyce Meyer proved something here, that as long as you're religious you'll never experience grace. Read romans 8(intended for educated people in the spirit)

Note: not wearing trouser or not using makeup is not an identity of a Christian

1 Like

Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by bibicici(f): 5:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
I love you.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by bibicici(f): 5:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
You get? And she's not of the devil is she? Neither did the end come when she got them.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by segunphilips(m): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2018
Tattoo that cost 30-50k when police catch you in Nigeria.....make police gbab you with tattoo, you go preach something better....
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Blonchilli:

I studied history and I know very well Jesus Christ wasn't white. I know also the Holy Bible we read now that some scroll have been missing due to war and various hazard. The British Empire and the church of latter day saint is responsible for the wide spread of Christianity around the globe through colonialism and expansion. The west fought holy wars using Christianity to further their propaganda. King James played a major influence in Christianity same with Rome and The Spanish empire. Africa had never encountered Christianity until the British expenditure discovered this "forsaken world", in the white man words. With time we've turned ourselves into fanatics while the white man applies practical thinking to further expand his territories, growth and development. So next time you quote me don't act like a religious fanatic. Thank you

A couple of lies spotted here and the father of all liars is the Devil who seeks to distort the truth and deceive many like he usually does. The Church of Latter Day Saints a.k.a Mormons(A cult in my opinion) didn't spread Christianity. Another erroneous lie from you is that Africa never encountered Christianity until the British expedition.

I bet you never knew that Africa began to have contact with Christianity from the middle of the 1st Century in Egypt, Africa and that by the end of the 2nd Century Christianity got as far as the Carthage region(Present day Tunisia). I bet you also didn't know that some earliest influencers of Christianity(highly regarded) in it's early development were Africans like Cyprian, Augustine of Hippo, Tertullian, Clement of Alexandria, Origin also of Alexandria, etc.

I guess you also don't know that there are numerous historical remains of earliest Christian Churches in Africa like the Church of Saint George, Lalibela in Ethiopia,etc and that it was actually the spread of Islam several years after Christianity was already operating smoothly. Islam in it's usual terror operating style that has remained unto this day SACKED and REDUCED several of these North Africa ORIGINAL CHRISTIAN CHURCHES like the Coptic Church(Egypt), Tewahedo Church in the Horn of Africa,etc.

I guess you also don't know that the ISLAMIC TERRORIST UMAYYAD between AD 647-709 sacked and reduced several churches during his conquest of North Africa. I know also that there are several evidences of Christian mysticism as far as back as Ancient Africa where Africans like Montanus(2nd Century) were known to prophesy.

As regards the Pervert(A topic for another day that needs to be treated) Prophet Muhammad being White and the long Arab Slave trade dealings of the Black man long before the White Man and which is still happening currently like in Libya, etc(Another topic for another day as I don't get why we keep blaming the White man when it is really the Arabs we need to be hating on as regards Slave Trade). The Arabs are the UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONS of dealing in the Slave trade of the BLACK MAN long before the British Expedition or long before the White Man ever dealt in Slave Trade. I really don't k
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by introvertedsoul: 6:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:

Swear you are not an ape, using the zoo keeper's computer and data to do monkey see monkey do.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by gwama: 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
If religion forbids tattoos, it must also prohibit racial scarring, we can not tolerate scarification and ban tattooing grin grin
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by prinzfavian(m): 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2018
I don't seem to understand this, many keep screaming up there that we should do things for God's glory and that the motive is what matters, please I need to know, what positive motive not to talk of one glorifying God can one have to justify drawing a tattoo on your body? Please tell me, I want to learn....
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Blonchilli(m): 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
JimaeChinko:

A couple of lies spotted here and the father of all liars is the Devil who seeks to distort the truth and deceive many like he usually does. The Church of Latter Day Saints a.k.a Mormons(A cult in my opinion) didn't spread Christianity. Another erroneous lie from you is that Africa never encountered Christianity until the British expedition.

I bet you never knew that Africa began to have contact with Christianity from the middle of the 1st Century in Egypt, Africa and that by the end of the 2nd Century Christianity got as far as the Carthage region(Present day Tunisia). I bet you also didn't know that some earliest influencers of Christianity(highly regarded) in it's early development were Africans like Cyprian, Augustine of Hippo, Tertullian, Clement of Alexandria, Origin also of Alexandria, etc.

I guess you also don't know that there are numerous historical remains of earliest Christian Churches in Africa like the Church of Saint George, Lalibela in Ethiopia,etc and that it was actually the spread of Islam several years after Christianity was already operating smoothly. Islam in it's usual terror operating style that has remained unto this day SACKED and REDUCED several of these North Africa ORIGINAL CHRISTIAN CHURCHES like the Coptic Church(Egypt), Tewahedo Church in the Horn of Africa,etc.

I guess you also don't know that the ISLAMIC TERRORIST UMAYYAD between AD 647-709 sacked and reduced several churches during his conquest of North Africa. I know also that there are several evidences of Christian mysticism as far as back as Ancient Africa where Africans like Montanus(2nd Century) were known to prophesy.

As regards the Pervert(A topic for another day that needs to be treated) Prophet Muhammad being White and the long Arab Slave trade dealings of the Black man long before the White Man and which is still happening currently like in Libya, etc(Another topic for another day as I don't get why we keep blaming the White man when it is really the Arabs we need to be hating on as regards Slave Trade). The Arabs are the UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONS of dealing in the Slave trade of the BLACK MAN long before the British Expedition or long before the White Man ever dealt in Slave Trade. I really don't k
. Don't quote me again please.
Re: Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
smexy:
Joyce and you are getting it wrong. I'm going the back up my point with an excerpt from Dan Brown's "the lost symbol", the author of " the da vinci code ", here it goes,
"The one who called himself Mal'akh pressed the tip of the needle against his shaved head, sighing with pleasure as the sharp tool plunged in and out of his flesh. The soft hum of the electric device was addictive . . . as was the bite of the needle sliding deep into his dermis and depositing its dye.
I am a masterpiece.
The goal of tattooing was never beauty. The goal was change. From the scarified Nubian priests of 2000 B.C., to the tattooed acolytes of the Cybele cult of ancient Rome, to the moko scars of the modern Maori, humans have tattooed themselves as a way of offering up their bodies in partial sacrifice, enduring the physical pain of embellishment and emerging changed beings.
Despite the ominous admonitions of Leviticus 19:28, which forbade the marking of one's flesh, tattoos had become a rite of passage shared by millions of people in the modern age--everyone from clean-cut teenagers to hard-core drug users to suburban housewives.
The act of tattooing one's skin was a transformative declaration of power, an announcement to the world: I am in control of my own flesh. The intoxicating feeling of control derived from physical transformation had addicted millions to flesh-altering practices . . . cosmetic surgery, body piercing, bodybuilding, and steroids . . . even bulimia and transgendering. The human spirit craves mastery over its carnal shell."
People delve into things without knowing how it came about.
To God, the foundation is vital.
John 3:6
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit"
So, opposing the use of tattoos is not being religious, it's plainly ungodly.

I love the fact you went in deep...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. / 'Your Mugabe Will Surely Resign' Church Poster (Photo) / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.