Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) (45349 Views)

Graphic:pretty Lady Hospitalized After Using Wig She Bought Online / Hardworking Teen Loses Her $37,000 Life Savings To A Scam - Photos / Yahoo Boys Clear Out Nigerian Man Mum's Life Savings (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by DavidEsq(m): 10:07pm On Mar 30, 2018
A bank issues the BVN code to a customer. It is therefore wrong to have a general code to check up one's BVN. Any phone thief cld as well type that code in a stolen phone/sim card and out comes the BVN: invoked by a fake priest. Besides, MTN is very much liable here. All she needs is to get a court order quietly, seeking the records of her call to the customer agent, without telling MTN sh1t. Then she proceed to court to seek the exact amount as special damages from mtn and then more a general damage. It's simple: if the line had been blocked, the BVN code wldnt have been accessed. Ah swear mtn go chop kpomo my hand, for this kain ish

Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by JerryQ: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
Francisayo:

U can load ur sim from bank directly without pin.....Access bank is direct without pin

Thanks, at least you have validated what I have been telling them. They even went ahead calling me a liar over what i do like every other day. Anyway, I will still repeat it. Password your SIM now.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by Iboni1(m): 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
How can bvn be used to withdraw someone's money. I don't understand!

Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by USIFO911: 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
Muckross1122:
A Nigerian lady identified as @Augustine Ebele took to her Facebook page to reveal how her phone was snatched from her and BVN fraudsters cleared her life savings by accessing her BVN via her sim.

She is currently receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital.

Photo Credit: Ib9ja

Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2018/03/nigerian-lady-hospitalized-after-bvn.html

the wicked can never go unpurnish
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hushpuppi, investor bj and co. Pls return the woman's money.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by 2kris(m): 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2018
Joseunlimited:

Dem no fit
to ask you out?
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by evanjoo: 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2018
Francisayo:

U can load ur sim from bank directly without pin.....Access bank is direct without pin

Loading airtime to your sim is totally difference. Every bank has it. Even MTN has its code too. Airtime loaded can only be used in that your sim for calls or data.The data cannot even be shared because it requires data sharing password of sim owner
So how could that have been used to clear someone's savings?

Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by Newtononline(m): 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2018
Thebrightest:
I still wonder how they were able to loot her fund with just bvn and the transaction is not traceable. If they can do that, then they should be able to loot with just account number.

You are very correct. I am just wondering cos with your account number, your BVN is not far fetched

Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by Spatta: 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
Nigeria is a Dangerous Place to Think and a Risky Place to argue

Criminals trace you from the airport, the Only airport where Crowd always converge daily in pretense to be waiting for friends and family arrival

but actually are thieves

Even official at the Airport give your details and declared sum to Criminal to waylay you

What a Country of conscienceless Leaders and followers
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by shallysgirl: 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
Thebrightest:
STEPS TO AVOID SUCH MISHAPS
1. Don't store account info and passwords on your phone
2. Use sim lock so that nobody will have access to your sim except you. THIS IS IMPORTANT
3. Password your phone, so that the snatcher will need to format the phone before gaining access.
4. Retrieve your sim as soon as possible after it is stolen.
5. If you cant retrieve the sim that same day, call your bank.
I still wonder how they were able to loot her fund with just bvn and the transaction is not traceable. If they can do that, then they should be able to loot with just account number.
Probably she used her date of birth as pin.
I simply don't understand how one can be scamed if the scammers don't know your password or pin.

Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by GoodGovernance: 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
But for a cooked up or incomplete story,it is not possible to clear account with only BVN.

Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by evanjoo: 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
JerryQ:

Thanks, at least you have validated what I have been telling them. They even went ahead calling me a liar over what i do like every other day. Anyway, I will still repeat it. Password your SIM now.

Loading airtime to your sim from your account is totally different thing from loading or clearing ones account with BVN or sim . The airtime you loaded can only be used in that sim. Not only banks has such code, MTN has such too. It poses no risk as you cannot transfer the airtime loaded to another sim otherwise your network requests data sharing password.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by shallysgirl: 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
QueenDeborah:
U wey try get life savings.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by shallysgirl: 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
ifyalways:
Story.

What's the connection with BVN and clearing account?

They simply used ussd banking to transfer to another account or bought call credit (they will even require your card or token) and can be traced.

Story sounds fake sef. undecided
Even with ussd, you still need the pin no. Me sef no understand.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by ttomexy(f): 10:45pm On Mar 30, 2018
My people,it is possible oo,they cleared my 70 year old mum account with access bank last Friday,Nigeria is becoming something else,they bought recharge card with it and I also discover that the bank was sending a one time password for the transaction, God help us o
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by evanjoo: 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
DavidEsq:
A bank issues the BVN code to a customer. It is therefore wrong to have a general code to check up one's BVN. Any phone thief cld as well type that code in a stolen phone/sim card and out comes the BVN: invoked by a fake priest. Besides, MTN is very much liable here. All she needs is to get a court order quietly, seeking the records of her call to the customer agent, without telling MTN sh1t. Then she proceed to court to seek the exact amount as special damages from mtn and then more a general damage. It's simple: if the line had been blocked, the BVN code wldnt have been accessed. Ah swear mtn go chop kpomo my hand, for this kain ish

I am wondering the kind of Lawyer that will take such no case. I bet you the case is dead on arrival because BVN cannot be used to withdraw money or transfer money from Account. BVN is just identification code that unite individual's accounts in all banks. It is not used for authorisation of any form of transaction whether transfer or withdrawal.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by shallysgirl: 10:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
JerryQ:
*BANK TRANSFERS*
*Knowledge is Power*.....And I thought we might need this:

How to transfer money and recharge phone from your bank account. (All banks)

*1. Access Bank: ---- *901 *amount #*

*2. EcoBank: --- *326 * amount #*

*3. Fidelity Bank:---- *770 * amount#*

*4. FCMB: ---- *389 *214 * amount#*

*5. First Bank :---- *894 * amount#*

*6. GTB : ---- *737 * amount#*

*7. Heritage Bank :---- *322 *030 *amount#*

*8. Keystone Bank: ---- *322 * 082 * amount#*

*9. Skye Bank: ---- *389 * 076 *1 *amount#*

*10. Stanbic IBTC: ---- *909 * amount#*

*11. Sterling Bank: ---- *822 * amount#*

*12. UBA: ---- *389 * 033 *1 *amount#*

*13. Unity Bank: ---- *322 * 215 * amount#*

*14. Zenith Bank: ---- *966 * amount#*
*OR*
*Zenith Bank :---- *302 * amount# (for MTN users)*

*15. Diamond Bank (Yellow Acct. only): ---- *710 * 555 * phone no * amount * PIN #*

*16. To know your BVN, dial ---- * 565 * 0 #.*

Okay let's try this. Use the phone number attached to your bank account. Try buying credit with this code lets see if it demands a pin. Put credit amount inplace of amount. Eg for gtb users dial *737*400# to load 400 Recharge to your registered SIM.
But it has a ceiling, I think max 10k credit.

Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by evanjoo: 10:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
ttomexy:
My people,it is possible oo,they cleared my 70 year old mum account with access bank last Friday,Nigeria is becoming something else,they bought recharge card with it and I also discover that the bank was sending a one time password for the transaction, God help us o

pls liaise the bank to know what exactly happened. it is never through BVN. There is a compromise somewhere which needs to be discovered to avoid occurrence.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by gozzlin: 10:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
Adedaniel211:
if mugu no fall, guyman no go chop..

Do you know how stupid and asinine you sound? Who fell mugu in the story posted above?
A young lady's phone was snatched from her, prolly at gun point or at knife point, and you are insinuating that she fell mugu?

I have no doubt in my mind that you are criminal judging by this insensitive comment you made, but one day your cup go full.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by DavidEsq(m): 10:54pm On Mar 30, 2018
evanjoo:

I am wondering the kind of Lawyer that will take such no case. I bet you the case is dead on arrival because BVN cannot be used to withdraw money or transfer money from Account. BVN is just identification code that unite individual's accounts in all banks. It is not used for authorisation of any form of transaction whether transfer or withdrawal.
Ask properly bro. Ask again. Then ask again. Keep asking. Ok?
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by Goodnuel: 10:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
evanjoo:

Not possible. You cannot load sim with credit from account without pin or transaction password. Pls confirm that from your bank. Before such happen your pin must have been compromised.
It's true, if the number is attached to the account, its a one way thing, no pin required... First bank dial *894*5000#..your money go just land once.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by Muzikluva(m): 11:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
Sue mtn for negligence of duty and let the court know what it caused you... Financially and emotionally. You will get your money back and even more grin embarassed
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by oyetpel(m): 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:

Nigeria.
A dog eat dog country.
Rat race country.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by iamtardey: 11:04pm On Mar 30, 2018
Joseunlimited:
it shall never be well with that mod that ban me for no reason
Amen
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by evanjoo: 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2018
DavidEsq:

Ask properly bro. Ask again. Then ask again. Keep asking. Ok?

I do not need to ask, I am simply saying there is no case there. BVN cannot be used to transfer or withdraw money. MTM has no case about her money cleared from her account and no Lawyer can take such case after studying it and verifying uses of BVN. It is between her and her bank if she is sure she did not compromise her password or pin. Her bank will review the avenue through which the money was transferred. If it is customer induced then her pin was comprised. If it is bank induced then bank is liable. Nothing concern MTN with bank account cleared. You can verify that.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by evanjoo: 11:09pm On Mar 30, 2018
Muzikluva:
Sue mtn for negligence of duty and let the court know what it caused you... Financially and emotionally. You will get your money back and even more grin embarassed

BVN cannot be used for money transfer or withdrawal. There is no case here. If her money was actually cleared she should liaise with her bank for investigation on how the money was moved. Never through BVN as it is not used for authorisation money transaction.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by Premiumwriter: 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2018
chloride6:

Lies they transferred that money somewhere. Let her enquire and get a court order blocking all those accounts..

even if her life savings is up to 10m, do you think they cannot withdraw it as cash? It's only fools that will steal by transferring to another bank account.
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by chloride6: 11:20pm On Mar 30, 2018
Premiumwriter:
even if her life savings is up to 10m, do you think they cannot withdraw it as cash? It's only fools that will steal by transferring to another bank account.

Please how do you withdraw from ATM with phone?
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by evanjoo: 11:21pm On Mar 30, 2018
Goodnuel:
It's true, if the number is attached to the account, its a one way thing, no pin required... First bank dial *894*5000#..your money go just land once.

That is loading airtime for calls or data which cannot be transferred otherwise it will request data sharing password of the line. Every bank has such code. Even MTN has theirs too. It poses no risk as it is sim the airtime will be loaded. it cannot be used clear account. Not to talk of use BVN to clear account.

Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by nwakibie3(m): 11:23pm On Mar 30, 2018
ifyalways:
Story.

What's the connection with BVN and clearing account?

They simply used ussd banking to transfer to another account or bought call credit (they will even require your card or token) and can be traced.

Story sounds fake sef. undecided

U get sense jare
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by DavidEsq(m): 11:25pm On Mar 30, 2018
evanjoo:

I do not need to ask, I am simply saying there is no case there. BVN cannot be used to transfer or withdraw money. MTM has no case about her cleared from her account and Lawyer can take such case after studying it. It is between her and her bank if she is sure she did not compromise her password or pin. Her bank will review the avenue through which the money was transferred. If it is customer induced then her pin was comprised. If it is bank induced then bank is liable. Nothing concern MTN with bank account cleared. You can verify that.
I'm doing dat. Iv done that and it still says green, not red as u allege
Re: Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) by nelsonebby(m): 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
JerryQ:
I always tell people don't only lock your phone, lock you SIM card too. Infact put a lock on your SIM card after reading this post.
Do you know what Bvn is?
Story is fake Incase you don’t know yet

Anayo Nwoke, Ikechukwu Stanley Declared Wanted by Police (Photos) / Uniport Final Year Student Drowns While Hanging Out With Girlfriend / Islamic Cleric Who Raped 5-Year-Old Girl In Lagos: "How I Removed Her Panties"