Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep (45952 Views)

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse / Oba Of Benin's Wife, Queen Ewuare Places A Curse On Online Scammer (Pix) / Traditional Priests In Lagos Curse Men Who Attacked Oba Of Lagos Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2018
Benin, Fulani, Nupe and Yoruba people, don't joke with their black magic. If you don't believe there is black magic you are a dead man/woman walking.
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Captain8(m): 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2018
Y is he kilin dose pple,instead dere is someone in Aso rock dat need die, but just dere is no death to take him,he is been seeking 4 death 4 past 2 yrs
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Onechancearmy(m): 5:40pm On Mar 31, 2018
martineverest:
cos u aren't from Edo state

The fact that I am not from Edo state is what exempts me from being a fool.
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by chiefkpokp(m): 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
Oga,

you have not been hearing cases of herdsmen, At aduwawa, they had 5 Ak 47 riffles wrapped with their mat, As they were about to board a taxi, suddenly they were ask to know whats inside the mat, that was how they were nabbed by drivers, i bet you are not in benin and you have not been hearing anything concerning this curse.....
concupiscent:
"Heaven please are people still this naive? People die everyday for christ sake.

People should stop buying into this Oba charade.

Since his curse(s) are so potent how about laying some on Boko Haram or the herdsmen preventing people from going to farm in the very state he rules over

He should not forget that he once thrived this human trafficking "business" when he was Nigeria ambassador to Italy.

So we should also be expecting news of his demise

whether you lick the oil or dem rub am for your mouth, last last oil dey your mouth"

-concupiscent

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by billyG(m): 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
Doo!he shld extend d curse 2 treasury looters.
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by profmallor: 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
Hmm, eliminating a few human traffickers sounds nice if you are naive, cursing poverty and those that enshrine it upon the people of Edo state would have been better. They have the power but they won't do that.
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by martineverest(m): 5:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
Onechancearmy:

The fact that I am not from Edo state is what exempts me from being a fool.
u don't know the implications of the curse and the power of obas words......ordinary King in my origin in Edo will enact a law, nobody will dare do otherwise ,cos we know the implications....the implications is more effective if u are an indegenes

a very good example is the law against infidelity by married women

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by concupiscent: 5:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
IVORY2009:

Bro..... Mafia italiana... grin
"Representing"

-concupiscent
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by buhariguy(m): 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2018
Asowari:
behave now be4 I tell the oba to place a curse on u also grin
I don't subscribe to god's, I am god.
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by petenweke: 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2018
Oba please, it's better to bless than to curse. Since words from your mouth come to pass easily why don't you bless your state so that that Libya and Italy spirit will leave finally,
Stop killing people
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by godquality: 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
If curse dey work na him the oba never curse all the politicians and former military chiefs wey steal our common wealth.
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by teflonjake(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2018
concupiscent:
"Heaven please are people still this naive? People die everyday for christ sake.

Since his curse(s) are so potent how about laying some on Boko Haram or the herdsmen preventing people from going to farm in the very state he rules over

He should not forget that he once thrived this human trafficking "business" when he was Nigeria ambassador to Italy.

whether you lick the oil or dem rub am for your mouth, last last oil dey your mouth"

-concupiscent

Boko haram has no lineage to Edo state....m
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by odigbosky(m): 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2018
Most people here doubt the potency of the Oba's pronunciations. Well they can go ahead an do so...there are many reasons why the oba doesn't interfere with politics, the constitution is one major factor. The constitution of Nigeria is bigger than the Oba of Benin. The government officials take an oath before the constitution so let the constitution deal with them. You cannot control that which is higher than you. During the last Edo state governorship election, an aspirant called on other aspirants to come with him let them swear before the Oba's own Ogun but nobody came. infact in Benin people even fear to swear with ogun not to mention the Oba's ogun. if politicians will accept that the Oba is supreme above them all and he is equal with the constitution as in the case of Japan..then trust me, they will behave themselves.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Doctormarrvin: 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
Social media is indeed an enigma. See alot of teenagers insulting the oba of Benin. Why can't social media be banned in Nigeria?Children who were still soiling their napkins when the present oba was already all grown up and mature are here insulting him. Saying stuffs they won't even say when sleep talking but because y'all anonymous on nl,you're being disrespectful to somebody that's probably older than your fathers and mothers. I weep for this generation,your imitation of enlightenment and common sense is stupidity in its purest undiluted state. It's a shame if you think being teenagers last forever,you already have your share of babies and children waiting to insult you to your face when you become adults.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by IVORY2009(m): 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
concupiscent:

"Representing"

-concupiscent

grande fratello' grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by kazhk: 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
you must be very stupid for this your comment
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by kazhk: 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2018
teflonjake:

you ust be very stupid
teflonjake:

Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by concupiscent: 6:19pm On Mar 31, 2018
IjeleNwa:
this is a serious allegation on the Oba,please I need more facts on this your expose'

"bro this ain't something you find on Google, it is words found on the street.

Go to the street and find out how easy it was for these traffickers to carry out business in Italy when he was an envoy there"

-concupiscent
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by concupiscent: 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2018
teflonjake:

"Never said they were. Just saying he should lay curses on them to completely annihilate them"

-concupiscent
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Antichristus: 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2018
When a major media outfit such as the Nigerian vanguard publishes stories like this in the 21st century, you become more convinced that Nigeria as a nations is irrevocably doomed. Can Vanguard provide verifiable evidence for their claim? Do they know the medical histories of the concerned parties? Has any autopsies been conclusively executed and reported? Shame for feeding the public with lies. I mean LIES. Stop promoting superstitions.
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Antichristus: 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Benin, Fulani, Nupe and Yoruba people, don't joke with their black magic. If you don't believe there is black magic you are a dead man/woman walking.

Stop propagating superstition. Why hasn't the black magic of the Benin, Fulani, Nupe and Yoruba people changed Nigeria for the better?
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Green222: 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
Thank God for the Obas curse, let this traffickers die make we hear word.
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
Charlesdegaulle:
Seems people are scared of commenting on this post cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by aguyph: 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
concupiscent:

-concupiscent

the deceased made same mistake like you.
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by jk1e(m): 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2018
I have been going through comments,well I understand some of your ignorance because you guys are not sons of the soil or indigens of Edo state,but as a Prince of the land,i will tell you that the oba curse is 100percent effect,except you are innocent and you are a true Christian.my dad took me to some of the families the father who was the then Oba place curse on.my God i could n believe my eyes till date.no single one of them is left out.same illnesses.
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by teflonjake(m): 7:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
kazhk:
you ust be very stupid

You won't die well.... a pity
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Toks2008(m): 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2018
Trash.....
Let him curse the looters and let's see what happens.
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Kabaka100: 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is either fictitious or a mere coincidence.

The Oba has no such powers.
Gone are the days of great Bini monarchs. The last great Oba was Oba Eweka. The rest are just land-grabbing counterfeits.
could educate me/us please...what makes Oba Eweka special amongst these new era Obas special?
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by JuanDeDios: 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is either fictitious or a mere coincidence.

The Oba has no such powers.
Gone are the days of great Bini monarchs. The last great Oba was Oba Eweka. The rest are just land-grabbing counterfeits.
What made Oba Eweka II great for you?
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Kabaka100: 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
martineverest:
it's only a fool that will take obas curse as a joke.....recall that obas used same method to prevent slave trade and the last oba,ukuakplokpolo used same method to curb kidnapping in benin

I was wondering about this but do you have proof or historical documentation that juju was used to curb slave trade in the Benin kingdom during the slave trade?
Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
I dont usually comment on Nairaland, as it has more teenagers than adults.However, your comment is one of ignorance n stupidity.What is unfruitful primitiveness about what the oba did? these Edo girls who bring so much shame on Edo state and Nigeria at large dont stay in the trade because they like prostitution etc.
They are mostly tied to it because of a Sacred deity their madams(sponsors etc) have made them take a oath with, before leaving the shores of Nigerian, even when an Italian polices arrests these girls and ask them to give their madam up,they dont do it even if Italian passport is promised by the authorities(cos they are scared of AYELALA; thats the name of the powerful Benin deity they swore to before leaving Nigeria)

The oba simply called all the AYELALA practitioners(Ayelalas witch doctors) in benin kingdom and ask them to release these girls once and for all in his palace, simply put, he has told these girl, you are free from ayelala bondage and contracts.The Benin oba is so revered by his people that any Benin girl or woman(prostitute in Europe) now believes they dont owe their madam any kobo any longer,because Oba has set them free.What is useless about that ?Do you enjoy the disgrace these Benin harlots bring upon Nigeria image in Europe?

UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Oba of Bini's curse is as impotent as Governor Obaseki's preek.

Shame on him for such an unfruitful primitiveness.

Abeg the only thing that kills a man is death and not some curses from an imposter Oba.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep by kenx1(m): 8:32pm On Mar 31, 2018
concupiscent:

-concupiscent

Hahahaha I laugh..... Im igbo born and breed n Benin.... Bro shit happens...... If u wana c voodoo come 2 benin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masquerade Lays Big Egg In Anambra State: Pictures & Video / Yoruba Oriki For Men And Women / Alaafin Of Oyo Visits Ayaba Maryam Adeniran Adeyemi, Wife Of His Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.