Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,331 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title (62229 Views)

Xenophobia: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Protested, Carried Placard In 2014 (Throwback) / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Celebrates His 52nd Birthday With His People On A Horse / Sheikh Adio Confronts Oluwo Of Iwo Akanbi: You Wanted To Have Sex With My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by futurism: 7:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Slowpoke. What concerns north in this?

Your north paranoia will kill you.
I have no paranoid against north.. Fork the North. If it were just the North and Igbos in this country, they would have reduced to nothing but ashes. And when I talk about North, we all know middle belt is not core North.

Go sleep!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by conductorl7: 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
[s]
blazhykowskyi:

This osus will die on Yoruba matter.

Look at this slowpoke quoting himself with alternate moniker.
[/s]
Look at this conquered pained useful idiot of a yoromoozlem cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by futurism: 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
Shafiiimran99:
Sharia court is for all muslims not north or hausa thins
who are the people Championing it is? Who initiated it? Many of you don't see what is happened because you are being politically correct.

When Sanusi chose to expose the North last year, what did they do to him?

9 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Kingspin(m): 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
The North behave well according to the Emir. But he forget that what made North popular in Nigeria is years of serial killing and murdering of innocent people. The North often claim they are political sophisticated more than other part of Nigeria but my finding suggest that they ride to the position by using fear and death to coward the rest of Nigerians. Which is why the killing in the North will remain unabated in the near future. And have you ever imagine the North of Nigeria without killing '' unprovoked death''? The whole Nigeria would have relative enjoying peace.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Aladeokin1(m): 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
Osun State Governor should take urgent step to dethrone Oluwo of Iwoland grin grin grin to protect the yoruba rare and safe Islam from bad comment

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Jabioro: 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2018
Honestly assuming l hv the means,l could have engaged this meaningless entity in a legal battle on behalf entire Yorubas,as yoruba man.Oniwo of iwo a traditional oba's title accorded to iwo king and it can nt be allowed to be thrown away by nonentity

6 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by TheKingIsHere: 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2018
sanpipita:
This is really bad and insulting and I'm not even Yoruba if he wants to be emir let he let step down that throne and head to the north, its very disrespectful to his people to change their traditional title name without even consulting them, just hope his subjects react strongly to this idiocy

If am yoruba, na to shot the idiot called oba aka Emir.

This is the biggest insult to one's tradition.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Truthcat: 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2018
The guy is ibo but this part of their arguments is beginning to sound like truth, and I even liked his comment because I'm always on the side of truth. We have to start calling it as it is. We Yoruba have to start searching ourselves to see if we are still a people or if we are under another tribe in Nigeria. We have already checked the boxes of not being able to stand for ourselves or preserve our identity, culture and region. We can't tell the truth regarding our survival in Nigeria. We are crowning Obas with fish brain and one just declared being emir and his palace hasn't been burnt down overnight and removed from the town Iwo. The only thing left now is verbal declaration of Yorubaland as caliphate. Sorry the joke is on us, and these people are right about this one. The entire world already knows us to be dead cowards who are so much afraid of any and every living and non-living things, the generation of the current leadership and our parents destroyed our future and handed it to fulani migrants.

Don't get me wrong, any sick Oba can say anything but what follows immediately is what will be talked about, but so far nothing has been done to him. The next thing we will hear is that, the youths can't do anything because he's being protected by the army, and the cycle continues till it's all over.

My fear is, Yoruba will fight another bloody war among themselves. The Christians will seek for help from Israel and U.S since the Muslims can't stop romancing the north and Saudi Arabia and ask them to back off and stop meddling in Yoruba affairs, shattering the peace we have enjoyed for generations.

This my very comment is not good for public consumption but my people are tone-deaf, I don't have respect for any Yoruba leader, they are all agbaya onijekuje except Tinubu just a little bit and a future Yoruba leader (name withheld) who is the first man I can call my role model.

blazhykowskyi:

You are ashamed of being ibo? Cos everyone knows you are just an osu impostor.

To the topic, anyone can decide to call himself whatever he feels like. Emir is an Islamic title and not hausa as some ignorant tribalists would think.

I am the Pope of Yorubaland.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by gidicouture: 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2018
priceaction:
Omo ale. If you are fighting with majority of the Yoruba monarchs, that means you are the proud one. Was he not same king that was accused of frauds in Canada? I mean yahoo yahoo king? Don't worry, in fact, you can invite Fulani herdsman to come and be chiefs and decision makers too in your kingdom. This is a type of a king that can sell his kingdom for money. No regard for any of his senior fellow..And he is the type that makes a won omo ajokuta mamumi, feeling funky, ( won oni pe show ni bi yi na).
Afonja cases never teach you lesson. By the time they are through with you and your people, they will put rope in your neck and turn you to dog, guiding their cows while you bark up and down.
true talk
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by GGirll: 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2018
Eziokwu1:
Yoruba Muslims are the problem with Yorubas.

Nobody should say or tell me otherwise. Anybody with common sense would know this by now.

I am just here imagining how progressive, forward thinking and trail blazing the Yorubas would have been if they were 100% christian, if they can achieve what they have right now with just 50%.

Check out the list of top 100 Yoruba intellectuals or 95% of any positivity that comes out of the Yorubas and you will see that Yoruba muslims are gross underperformers.
Islam always a negative to development.

I just thank God for my own people. Aspiring to be a jew (Highest achieveing ethnic group on the planet). Infact, just about any other thing out there is 1000% better than being a Mohammedan headslammer with acute slave mentality and innate inferiority conplex.

Tufiaa

Argue with your shadow.

How person go argue with him shadow? Nairaland I hail una mouth eh grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by stanluiz(m): 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2018
Ilorin part 2 is loading.
Youruba don't learn from history.

8 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by seguun(m): 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2018
It's very simple , let the Afobajes (king makers) install an Oniwo of Iwoland since the idiot has now turned to an Emir. The Monarch in Iwoland is traditionally called Oluwo. So technically, the Oluwo title is now vacant and the Afobajes should exercise their duty by installing an Oluwo to the throne.

The official title of the Iwo Monarch recognized by the Osun state government is Oluwo of Iwoland. Therefore, whoever is now installed as the Oluwo will be recognized as the true Monarch of the Iwo people.

Also I trust the council of Yoruba Obas as they will only recognize the Oluwo of Iwoland instead of the mumu Emir.

That stupid guy just shot himself on the foot.

5 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Truthcat: 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
What do you mean by probe? A man that should have had his robe removed and tied with it in public like a common.criminal.
johnnyvid:
see yoruba aren't coward, Infact he will be probe by the people first before the state government take up his case.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Juliusdking(m): 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
Mumu oba
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by seunmsg(m): 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
The Oluwo better be tamed before he becomes a bone in the neck of traditional institutions in the south west. What the fvck is Emir or waziri of Yoruba land?

Kabiyesi Sir, please respect yourself before it is too late. Lots of us admire you because of the swag you brought to the Iwo throne. However, if you start bringing infested wood into our house the same way Afonja did years ago in Ilorin, we will have no choice than to turn against you. Fulani titles are not acceptable in the south west.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by OShepherd: 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
You nailed it Sir
priceaction:
Omo ale. If you are fighting with majority of the Yoruba monarchs, that means you are the proud one. Was he not same king that was accused of frauds in Canada? I mean yahoo yahoo king? Don't worry, in fact, you can invite Fulani herdsman to come and be chiefs and decision makers too in your kingdom. This is a type of a king that can sell his kingdom for money. No regard for any of his senior fellow..And he is the type that makes a won omo ajokuta mamumi, feeling funky, ( won oni pe show ni bi yi na).
Afonja cases never teach you lesson. By the time they are through with you and your people, they will put rope in your neck and turn you to dog, guiding their cows while you bark up and down.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Eziokwu1: 7:44pm On Mar 31, 2018
seunmsg:

The Oluwo better be tamed before he becomes a bone in the neck of traditional institutions in the south west. What the fvck is Emir or waziri of Yoruba land?

Kabiyesi Sir, please respect yourself before it is too late. Lots of us admire you because of the swag you brought to the Iwo throne. However, if you start bringing infested wood into our house the same way Afonja did years ago in Ilorin, we will have no choice than to turn against you. Fulani titles are not acceptable in the south west.

So you are still at the warning stage?
lool

5 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by ballerin(m): 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
Katikati, isokuso, ororirun. Oshogbo weed inspiration
There are so many useful idiots in yorubaland bringing disgrace to the yorubas. Slavish idiots who are far removed from the dignity of yoruba race.
Dem go soon open calabash for this one.
Make I hear wetin first class kings,YCE & Gani go talk first.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by zoedew: 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
I always knew there was something unsettling about the man.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by NairaMaster1(m): 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2018
irepnaija4eva:
“I have decided to officially adopt Emir title today because I want to emulate the attitudes of Northern Emirs. They don’t begrudge themselves like Yoruba Obas.

This is the Afonja of our time..
Lolzzzzz.....slowly they are taking over o..
The accommodators on the beat grin grin grin

Modified..And when we call them slaves to the north,they'll start throwing tantrums..
You see una life?

That means religious crisis is loading because he wants to emulate the North.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by seunmsg(m): 7:52pm On Mar 31, 2018
Eziokwu1:

So you are still at the warning stage?
lool

Kabiyesi's in Yoruba land are beyond reproach. Once they are rejected by the people, opening of the calabash (death) is the only alternative. That is why we have to give them a long rope to pull before taking the extreme option of rejecting them.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by rainylad(f): 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
Afonjasssss!!!..tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Neozy(m): 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2018
Iwo is not an Islamic Emirate for God's sake. what nonsense.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Shafiiimran99: 7:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
futurism:
who are the people Championing it is? Who initiated it? Many of you don't see what is happened because you are being politically correct.

When Sanusi chose to expose the North last year, what did they do to him?
Sharia is nobody's law but Allah's command so any muslim that love his religion can practice it. Hence just because North had been practiced it for long does not make it their system only so, if you wanted to talk about islam you need to understand islam

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by White007(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
BolaAdeyemo:
angry

As a Yoruba and also a Christian, i have said it and will continue to hammer it
Yoruba Muslims are the problem with Yoruba, they want to be hausa so much, i dont blame The ibos for referring to us as Fulani slavés

God, i am ashamed of My tribe right now
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2018
Eziokwu1:
Yoruba Muslims are the problem with Yorubas.

Nobody should say or tell me otherwise. Anybody with common sense would know this by now.

I am just here imagining how progressive, forward thinking and trail blazing the Yorubas would have been if they were 100% christian, if they can achieve what they have right now with just 50%.

Check out the list of top 100 Yoruba intellectuals or 95% of any positivity that comes out of the Yorubas and you will see that Yoruba muslims are gross underperformers.
Islam always a negative to development.

I just thank God for my own people. Aspiring to be a jew (Highest achieveing ethnic group on the planet). Infact, just about any other thing out there is 1000% better than being a Mohammedan headslammer with acute slave mentality and innate inferiority conplex.

Tufiaa

Argue with your shadow.

Yoruba are supposed to be 100% traditionalists ok!
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
These are the type of omoales omo irankiran we call oba in Yoruba land these days.

The other day, one ediot called oni put some jewish god over our gods. Now, here comes another bastard.

all these indomie obas should be sacrifced to the Gods.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by shallysgirl: 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
Truthcat:
The guy is ibo but this part of their arguments is beginning to sound like truth, and I even liked his comment because I'm always on the side of truth. We have to start calling it as it is. We Yoruba have to start searching ourselves to see if we are still a people or if we are under another tribe in Nigeria. We have already checked the boxes of not being able to stand for ourselves or preserve our identity, culture and region. We can't tell the truth regarding our survival in Nigeria. We are crowning Obas with fish brain and one just declared being emir and his palace hasn't been burnt down overnight and removed from the town Iwo. The only thing left now is verbal declaration of Yorubaland as caliphate. Sorry the joke is on us, and these people are right about this one. The entire world already knows us to be dead cowards who is so much afraid of any and every living and non-living things, the generation of the current leadership and our parents destroyed our future and handed it to fulani migrants.

Don't get me wrong, any sick Oba can say anything but what follows immediately is what will be talked about, but so far nothing has been done to him. The next thing we will hear is that, the youths can't do anything because he's being protected by the army, and the cycle continues till it's all over.

My fear is, Yoruba will fight another bloody war among themselves. The Christians will seek for help from Israel and U.S since the Muslims can't stop romancing the north and Saudi Arabia and ask them to back off and stop meddling in Yoruba affairs, shattering the peace we have enjoyed for generations.

This my very comment is not good for public consumption but my people are tone-deaf, I don't respect any Yoruba leader or Oba except Tinubu just a little bit and a future Yoruba leader (name withheld) who is the first man I can call my role model.

Your people live in self denial and deciet and when it is pointed out by others, you call them Osu,pigs bla, blah black sheep.
I was really shocked at yoruba Christians and I have no sympathy for them just like the northern Christians.
I am Igbo, but I will never support someone who does evil cause he is Igbo.
I am proud of Igbos because we stand for truth. We even speak against ourselves just to speak the truth, that is why it looks as if we fight each other, but it is truth first for us.
I hope it's not too late especially for yoruba Christians because this 'emir' is about to install a fulani waziri of yorubaland .

5 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
sanpipita:
I'm even reading he banished some idols, wahala dey

He just banished the idols. The Gods in spirit will banish him.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by futurism: 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
Shafiiimran99:
Sharia is nobody's law but Allah's command so any muslim that love his religion can practice it. Hence just because North had been practiced it for long does not make it their system only so, if you wanted to talk about islam you need to understand islam
how is the average life of people where it started from?

Look at the other idiot fighting over hijab, something that can't even provide steady power supply, good roads, good healthcare, improve economy and provide jobs and wealth.

I will take you serious when religion begin to breed the aforementioned.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by zoedew: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
zoedew:
I always knew there was something unsettling about the man. Emir is unknown to The Chiefs Law of Osun State. Should the Iwo folks do the needful in court he should soon be unhorsed.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title by Ade3000yrs(m): 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2018
Even an Oba can also be senseless o! If we check his DNA, this guy is surely not a pure yoruba guy because in the yoruba land, theres an adage that says, "If your parents are wtches and wizard, it is not for you to judge them but instead show them love because of the blood ties. Also a Child that says he hate his or her parents because they are wretched and flop sided, then good that he is now a grown up, let him tend his eyes to find out if he can do better. This Oba middle name is truly an, "Omo ale jatijati" this is a big taboo and desecration of culture.
I wish i can play this guy femi 1998 tracks of Sorry Sorry, and also another of Femi Kuti track titled, "Wonder Wonder".

But you see, the Yoruba land is the USA of Nigeria where the best and worst opinion and ideas are giving freedom and voice. Thumbs up for the derelic puppet royal leader. At least he alone can hear himself talking to himself. Yoruba land accomodate both the rogues, demented and the diligent. A leveled playing field for all to thrive. That is why there is peace in the yoruba community.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi / Olori Chanel Chin: Why I Recorded Oluwo's Atrocities Inside The Palace / Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.