Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Question For The Ladies. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question For The Ladies. (2140 Views)

Kenyan Man Parades All The Ladies He Has Slept With (Photos) / A Difficult Question For The Ladies. / 6 Ways To Know If You Have Virginia Yeast Infection... For The Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For The Ladies. by CLOUT(m): 7:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
You meet a rich and handsome guy who fits in the bill for a perfect husband who would meet all your physical and emotional needs but he is a little bit cold feeted about popping the big question so you guys have a little talk and he expresses his fear about not trusting you would
go through thick and thin with him, especially for the fact that you only got to know him after he's made the big bucks and you never contributed much to his success.

He's had his fair share of betrayal and backstabbing from the female folk and he generally doesn't trust women anymore. Would you still go ahead if he proposes that you sign a pre-nupital agreement before he takes you down the isle?

Mind you, this guy is everything you dream of in a man he just doesn't want to trust anybody yet.
Re: Question For The Ladies. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2018
Wao.... I need to think about this smiley
Re: Question For The Ladies. by CLOUT(m): 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Wao.... I need to think about this smiley

Yes , its a hard question and I doubt if most ladies would be honest about their reply.

Truth is, you'd probably love to settle down with a tall, rich, handsome and charming man but don't really care about how he built himself up to the object of desire he is today. So talk about reaping where you did not sow.

So he gives you the condition. Would you go ahead and sign the agreement knowing that you can't just walk away without any legal implications and if you decide to, you'd probably get nothing or just enough for the upkeep of the kids if any .
Re: Question For The Ladies. by ReinaFarine: 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
For him to claim to love me enough to want to marry me, he has to know the kind of woman I am and trust that I won't hurt him. So I'm willing to hold on and keep dating for as long as it takes him to trust me. I can't pay for his exes' mistakes. So he should know I'm not them first.

But if the prenup is to make things easier with his family/friends, I'll sign it because they aren't my soulmate and as such, don't know me well enough to trust me with their son's/friend's wealth.

A man unsure of my intentions will still not trust me even if I sign the prenuptial agreement. And I can't spend 60 years of my married life with a man questioning my every action and waiting for me to be as unfaithful as his ex.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Ladies. by CLOUT(m): 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2018
ReinaFarine:
For him to claim to love me enough to want to marry me, he has to know the kind of woman I am and trust that I won't hurt him.

Eventhough this comment may convey the most genuine of feeling and intentions, we all know we humans can be as unpredictable as the weather so can't be 100% certain that somebody will stick it through with you.

Besides fulfilling his friends and families wishes, a guy something might just have his excesses or through through a phase that even you as a lady will find it difficult to live with.

Note, its not about you paying for the mistake of his exes, he is only being pragmatic and practical about his life and maybe seeing ahead of time.

Notwithstanding, you gave a smart and intelligent perspective.
Re: Question For The Ladies. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:27pm On Mar 31, 2018
What pre nup? angryWhat is his is mine what is mine is his.I didn't struggle with him to make his money but I can't support a pre nuptial agreement.Trust is key in a relationship and if he can't trust me no marriage let him have all I want but you can't put me through such stress angry

1 Like

Re: Question For The Ladies. by CLOUT(m): 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
What pre nup? angryWhat is his is mine what is mine is his.I didn't struggle with him to make his money but I can't support a pre nuptial agreement.Trust is key in a relationship and if he can't trust me no marriage let him have all I want but you can't put me through such stress angry

There's nothing stressful about signing a document.
Re: Question For The Ladies. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
I won't sign such document, as a matter of fact, I won't walk down the aisle with such man. He is Sick and he needs help.

What's the essence of being with someone who does not respect, value or trust you? A person who believes you may leave anytime,who believes that you might not love him enough to stay if things go wrong. To such man, marriage is a deal.And love is far away from him.

A man like that is likely to cheat in the marriage, He owns his woman nothing, Such man will only see any woman who agrees to his proposal as desperate, hungry and greedy. He is no fool.

I don't think I will want to be with someone who values his possessions more than Me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For The Ladies. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
Candidly, this has always been my intention should in case I become wealthy before marriage.

I can't get hitched with a woman not ready to sign a prenuptial agreement.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Ladies. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
CLOUT:

Yes , its a hard question and I doubt if most ladies would be honest about their reply.

Truth is, you'd probably love to settle down with a tall, rich, handsome and charming man but don't really care about how he built himself up to the object of desire he is today. So talk about reaping where you did not sow.

So he gives you the condition. Would you go ahead and sign the agreement knowing that you can't just walk away without any legal implications and if you decide to, you'd probably get nothing or just enough for the upkeep of the kids if any .
With your first paragraph, it tells you have expected answers, anything contrary might seem false to you. That isn't a nice way of getting answers except you opened this threads for arguments only.

Have you forgotten I also built myself to the object of his desires? Why should his efforts alone matter? Are we dealing with a naccissist here? Relationship isn't about appreciating oneself but each other, so what he /she was or how he/she became what they are shouldn't be a determinant of who values who. You have decided to go with who you think complements your personality, so don't be expected to be worshipped.

Lol... modified tongue

I love to be respected, cherished, loved and valued, That man can't give me such, so I have no business with such man.

2 Likes

Re: Question For The Ladies. by lilmax(m): 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
lol, how shocking to see comments from greedy girls

1 Like

Re: Question For The Ladies. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
It is not about the money you fool, it is about the thoughts behind the action. But then 90% of Nairaland guys aren't deep so I'm not surprised cheesy

1 Like

Re: Question For The Ladies. by Mcy56(f): 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
I'll sign it if that makes him happy but believe me issue of trust goes beyond paper work. He just needed to work on himself psychologically and emotionally.

Someone who doesnt naturally trust me might still have it difficult to trust me even though I sign 10 different agreements.
Re: Question For The Ladies. by Mcy56(f): 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
lilmax:
lol, how shocking to see comments from greedy girls

There's no greediness here, its about a laid down condition which a not so bouyant guy could opt for as well and which a lady who loves him will do to make him happy and have rest of mind at least.

Yet, signing an agreement still guarantees nothing.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Ladies. by lenghtinny(m): 10:19pm On Mar 31, 2018
Why settle down when you can have a baby mama instead...

Marriage will only expose you to unnecessary ballistic missiles save for some exceptions...

1 Like

Re: Question For The Ladies. by roarik(f): 10:26pm On Mar 31, 2018
this is hard to answer
Re: Question For The Ladies. by BossLaifay(f): 10:32pm On Mar 31, 2018
I'd sign it but then I've always been masochistic anyway.
Re: Question For The Ladies. by lilmax(m): 10:34pm On Mar 31, 2018
lol, periodic women gushing out blood as always grin .....if there was trust there would be no need for the document,sign or fu,,ck off

1 Like

Re: Question For The Ladies. by CLOUT(m): 10:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
roarik:
this is hard to answer
It's actually a very simple question .
Re: Question For The Ladies. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2018
I'll sign the prenup. I don't even get why some people are worked up. Trust is earned. If his problem is trust issues which is as a result of his past dealings with women then I'll simply try to be me, and on the long-run, he'll develop that trust that initially wasn't there based on my actions. If you've proven to be trustworthy, he'll nullify the prenup at his own will.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For The Ladies. by crismark(m): 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
jst here to read lies
Re: Question For The Ladies. by roarik(f): 11:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
CLOUT:
It's actually a very simple question .
its kinda hard to answer...since he has all i wanted in a man but he does not want to trust anybody..
Re: Question For The Ladies. by CLOUT(m): 11:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
roarik:
its kinda hard to answer...since he has all i wanted in a man but he does not want to trust anybody..

It really isn't about trust though it's only a reasonable thing to do. He could even have been councelled by his legal representative to get that done. So would you see that as a deal breaker?
Re: Question For The Ladies. by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 01, 2018
Sure, will sign the pre-nup if I love him...just because the trust ain't there,am already a foot outta the door...guys like these are really toxic...met someone like this once,he couldn't wrap his head around the possibility of someone loving and caring for him truly...it was all about the money for him and everybody having a price...I ended it before it even started...let him grow old and and lonely on his money undecided . Some men like you narrated @ Clout usually can be controlling, manipulative and in my experience have little or no respect for women.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Ladies. by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 01, 2018
kimbraa:
I'll sign the prenup. I don't even get why some people are worked up. Trust is earned. If his problem is trust issues which is as a result of his past dealings with women then I'll simply try to be me, and on the long-run, he'll develop that trust that initially wasn't there based on my actions. If you've proven to be trustworthy, he'll nullify the prenup at his own will.
exactly
Re: Question For The Ladies. by Opentokwowledge: 9:00am On Apr 01, 2018
Pre nuptial what? When my market is still selling? So, I'm an experimental specimen abi? Nonsense something coded in big English!

1 Like

Re: Question For The Ladies. by CLOUT(m): 9:02am On Apr 01, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
it was all about the money for him and everybody having a prices ...I ended it before it even started...let him grow old and and lonely on his money undecided . Some men like you narrated @ Clout usually can be controlling, manipulative and in my experience have little or no respect for women.

@ the bolded. isn't it an obvious fact.

The truth is, the journey up the ladder of success is usually a tourtous and lonely one so most successful people are used to it. grin
Re: Question For The Ladies. by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 01, 2018
CLOUT:

@ the bolded. isn't it an obvious fact.

The truth is, the journey up the ladder of success is usually a tourtous and lonely one so most successful people are used to it. grin
not necessarily... especially for the new money folk that tend to attract every Tom Dick Harry...they usually have their set of groupie at their behest... point is, with the crowd and females at their disposal,they still can be lonely emotionally and for a female with wile, they make for easy target...hence will be my willingness to sign the damn paper...maybe because I truly do care, and am sympathetic to the fact that besets a man of his station in finding a true mate ... peradventure his insecurities... whatever. Now as you rightly pointed they usually are used to being lonely,why would he seek a better half if with money he can buy love...and have me sign a pre-nup?
Re: Question For The Ladies. by CLOUT(m): 9:45am On Apr 01, 2018
It only seems to be the right thing to do and what society expects from him while getting her to sign a pre-nup is the smart things to do especially when theres so much at stake.

Just take a look at a scenario where a woman decides to pack her bags and leave based on allegations of infidelity which may be true or false and then takes the kids along with her.

Then you'd have to content with a whole lot of legalities just to be involved in the child's upbringing else you stand to lose everything.

That could have been easily taken care of with a pre-nup.

Most people don't tend to see the bigger picture its all about their love , trust and selfish interest.
Hope I answered your question @BlaqCoffee109
Re: Question For The Ladies. by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 01, 2018
CLOUT:
It only seems to be the right thing to do and what society expects from him while getting her to sign a pre-nup is the smart things to do especially when theres so much at stake.

Just take a look at a scenario where a woman decides to pack her bags and leave based on allegations of infidelity which may be true or false and then takes the kids along with her.

Then you'd have to content with a whole lot of legalities just to be involved in the child's upbringing else you stand to lose everything.

That could have been easily taken care of with a pre-nup.

Most people don't tend to see the bigger picture its all about their love , trust and selfish interest.
Hope I answered your question @BlaqCoffee109
in essence, the pre-nup is anticipating on his part he may not stand true to his marital vows hence an unforseen circumstances were he to cheat, the kids still are handsomely taken care of if I were to leave? Firstly that man's notion on marriage is warped, secondly broaching the whole idea/topic of pre-nup is by far the highest insult you could give some certain type of woman...even if she's as poor as a church rat or as wealthy as Elizabeth Taylor...there's something called dignity..now, we live in a different world today,why don't people just marry after their kind? Btw,when you say so much at stake...for himself only?
Re: Question For The Ladies. by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 01, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Abeg no vex ooo, but which kind moniker be that? I almost bite my tongue
Re: Question For The Ladies. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:57am On Apr 01, 2018
ladiesreject:

Abeg no vex ooo, but which kind moniker be that? I almost bite my tongue
Check the signature the monicker is someone's name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Story: Billionaire’s Intense Love Chapter 1 / Man & His Wife-to-be Do The “oya Hit Me” Trademark Pose In Pre-wedding Photos / Pamela Anderson And Jon Peters Split 12 Days After Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.