Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne (81662 Views)

‘Queen Firdaus Of Iwoland’, Oluwo Unveils New Wife (Pictures) / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Named 6th Richest King, As He Reacts / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Dressed Casually To An Official Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by cosade(m): 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
hammer6F:
THIS IS HOW YORUBA LEADERS WHERE SUPPOSE TO BE LOOKING BY NOW, IF THE BRITISH HAD STAYED AWAY FOR THE NORTH TO COMPLETE THEIR TERRITORIAL EXPANSION.

HAUSAFULANI WERE ALMOST NEARING LAGOS TO WASH THEIR SWORD IN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.

KWARA WAS GONE, OYO WAS GONE, NORTHERN OGUN WAS GONE AND THEY WERE FAST APPROACHING LAGOS.

THE WHOLE SOUTH WEST NOT JUST KWARA WOULD HAVE HAD HAUSAFULANI EMIR

THEY ARE LUCKY TO HAVE A YORUBA EMIR SEF, UNLESS HIS FATHER IS HAUSAFULANI.

EITHER WAY CONGRATULATION HRH, MAY YOUR REIGN BE LONG.

AT LEAST NOW, THE OBA THAT DISRESPECTED YOU WILL TREAD CAREFULLY, NOT TO INVOKE THE WRATH OF OTHER EMIRS IN THE NORTH.

cc ngozi123, amarabae, afam4eva, point b fratermathy, efewestern fellow Biafrans

Go and learn history, especially the defeat of the Fulanis at Odo Otin in the present day Osun State.

https://oldnaija.com/2017/01/16/the-osogbo-war-of-1840/#more-2134

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
Gone are the days when men of impeccable integrity are chosen as kings.

Nowadays, even touts can become king as Long as money and contacts are available.

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Adebowale89(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
Malawian:

Is he actually a Northerner? If so, he really had me fooled. I could have sworn i could tell a Yorubaman apart from a Northerner.

that dude was a northerner, check all his post. he might be staying in Yoruba land but is a typical northerner
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Awoofawo(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
LarryBee1k:

If culture is not helping us forward, we should dump them. Mention 5 yourba culture (that's no general oh) that is for 21st century. No, you can't.
I can only shake my head at you.... O ma se o! A lose soul lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed with no identity, The oponu Oba abi na Emir should better go import Abokki to rein over in Iwo....... Useless Mofos! angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Afonjas: 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2018
Abagworo:
Emir is Islamic not Northern.

What of the dressing?
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by sekundosekundo: 7:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

emir is an Arabic word for a President or a leader.

you Christians are too ignorant.
Especially Igbo Christians

Although I am not in support of the oba move anyway!

Shut up.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by FRESHG(m): 7:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
RESURGENTXTIAN4 WHERE ARE YOU BRUHgrin E DON SET Ogrin
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by FRESHG(m): 8:00pm On Apr 01, 2018
YORUBA IS FINISHED!

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE

4 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by fotadmowmend(m): 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lol..... Clown
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2018
Actually, a real king is born, not made.
Presidents are chosen, Kings are born !
DeHEIGHTS:
Gone are the days when men of impeccable integrity are chosen as kings.

Nowadays, even touts can become king as Long as money and contacts are available.

Smh.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by daresimon(m): 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
Woe to a kingdom when the king is a baby
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by ImperialYoruba: 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
There is no big deal to this. Why the hulla balloo? This is nothing but another cycle of 72hr distraction from national politics.

Leave the man alone and face the ongoing threat by ipob to massacre all your SE governors and their children. Leave IWO alone.

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Jasomine: 8:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
He is a disgrace to his kingdom. Infact, he should be dethroned. While those in Ilorin are struggling to come out of Fulani oligarchy, this fool is trying to enslave his people to the Fulani slave masters.

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by remmybams: 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
He who the gods wants to kill will first of all make go mad. This is just the beginning.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Liftedhands(f): 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

emir is an Arabic word for a President or a leader.

you Christians are too ignorant.
Especially Igbo Christians

Although I am not in support of the oba move anyway!
Ironically Igbo's think same of Yoruba people,

Imagine calling every other nigerian who isn't Yoruba or Hausa omoibo? You guys forget we have other tribes asides Igbo, Hausa , and Yoruba smh.

Address what your oba is doing and leave Igbo's out of it.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by nawtyme: 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
[quote author=prolog2 post=66348571]Actually, a real king is born, not made.
Presidents are chosen, Kings are born

Born, made, chosen, selected, elected, enthroned etc; are mere semantics!
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by jeruzi(m): 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

Arabic is peculiar to Islam?

THIS IS THE IGNORANCE WE ARE TALKING OF grin

so,you've never seen a bible written in Arabic language?
Not so. No one said the Bible hasn't been written in arabic. arabic is the language of islam, so should you impose your religion on other.
Later muslims will claim the the throne is islamic, and being a muslim is a criteria to ascending it.You make me laugh.
you want to claim ignorance.
Is it calling it emir that want to make him righteous or love others. That is just religion.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by omoelerin1: 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
LarryBee1k:
Everyone should calm down, but where is the tolerance? What have the yorubas Oba done to improve the life of their subjects? Yoruba Christians don't care about us Muslim. They are quick to condemn yourba Muslim. I'm a Muslim and I believe he's doing what's right. If you attended his lecture at NYSC Ede camp, you will know what kinda of person he's. He's a visionary, intelligent and creative person.

Nonsense.
So it is Yoruba emir that will improve the lives of his subjects? Where is the the right thing he is doing?

It is very pathetic that majority of you Yoruba Muslim find it difficult to separate culture and tradition from religion. You don't know that most of what you do in the name of religion has nothing to do with Islam, they are just Fulani or Arabic culture.
You don't need to renounce your tribal identity before you can practice foreign religion. You don't need to become an Arab or a Fulani before you can practice Islam.
You can remain a Yoruba and still be a Muslim. Just like I always tell my fellow Christians that it is not until when they adopt European culture before they can become a Christian. They can be an African and still be a Christian.

Sincerely speaking, I feel very disturbed at the actions of this drunkard. He is nothing, but an insult to Yoruba royalty. I am expecting reactions from his chiefs/kingmakers and the people of Iwo in general.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2018
No, a King is already destined to be king right from birth.
His father is a King and his mother is a Queen.
He becomes King when his father departs the throne.
That is what we shall call monarchy.

was the father of the current ooni of ife also the ooni of ife ?
ooni of ife is not a King, he is a chairman.

[quote author=DeHEIGHTS post=66350023][/quote]
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Burgerlomo: 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
Clinton9000:
That's Afonjas for you...they are neither here nor there

Bitter truth cool

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Burgerlomo: 9:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
It's unbelievable cool
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
prolog2:
No, a King is already destined to be king right from birth.
His father is a King and his mother is a Queen.
He becomes King when his father departs the throne.
That is what we shall call monarchy.

was the father of the current ooni of ife also the ooni of ife ?
ooni of ife is not a King, he is a chairman.

����

So Jesse the Father of King David was a King? Or which if his ancestors was a King of Israel before him. That's if you are familiar with the Bible events, Amway
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
The bible, seriously ?
Comme on, be serious.
By the way, it is not "bible events", it is "bible stories".
DeHEIGHTS:

����

So Jesse the Father of King David was a King? Or which if his ancestors was a King of Israel before him. That's if you are familiar with the Bible events, Amway
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
prolog2:
The bible, seriously ?
Comme on, be serious.
By the way, it is not "bible events", it is "bible stories".

I observe you have issues with English Language.

Back off, pls. I cannot help you.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by LarryBee1k: 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
Bless you
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
ok, although I never asked for your help.
It is a little bit foolish to refuse what was never asked of you.
DeHEIGHTS:

I observe you have issues with English Language.

Back off, pls. I cannot help you.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
prolog2:
ok, although I never asked for your help.
It is a little bit foolish to refuse what was never asked of you.

Foolish??

Well, I am happy I brought out the animal in you; your real personality. What an uncultured, jobless retard quoting people "upandan" on nairaland
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
I actually have a job.
DeHEIGHTS:

Foolish??

Well, I am happy I brought out the animal in you; your real personality. What an uncultured, jobless retard quoting people "upandan" on nairaland
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by doctuw(m): 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
seniorkachion:

Why do you say that?
the king is usually the amir of Iwoland
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Awoofawo(m): 10:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
LarryBee1k:

Mind your business okay.

Your are the real mofo.
Douche bag.
Lose soul Pele! You are already dead, you just don't realize ni o!

Your oba is moda4ka.....go and tell him so!

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by ayoxelee(m): 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
funstufz:
yeah, it all started like this...
like, its no man's problem/pain on another man's headache...

so when has it become urs

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know / Names Of Animals,insects And Birds In Hausa. / Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.