Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne (81694 Views)

‘Queen Firdaus Of Iwoland’, Oluwo Unveils New Wife (Pictures) / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Named 6th Richest King, As He Reacts / Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi, Dressed Casually To An Official Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by ENGANI(m): 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
He looks more beautiful and charismatic na, abeg leave am alone.
Buhari why are you fulanirising Nigeria?
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by okine4real: 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
Clinton9000:
That's Afonjas for you...they are neither here nor there

This your response na really upper cut.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Shafiiimran99: 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
tamethem:

Your brain is located beside your anus grin that makes your reasoning stink.

" You must not pay evil with evil" that's why one of you who is an Oba is disgracing the entire Yoruba race. Its is not Surprising.
Even Muslim Proffesors think awkward. Once the Peaceful Religion enters the head no matter how highly educated one is, the thinking faculty suffers.

It is your trade mark.

From Oba to Emir in a Yoruba town.

What a reasoning!

So you wanted to destroy a whole nation because of one person's mistake. What has his mistake got to do with the muslims in general? Anyway, i only quoted the person that called yoruba muslims fool just because will always call them our brothers despite the fact that they (hausa) see us as kafir. So don't expect a good muslim to reason like you guys cos emir or oba is not even islamic hence, if i have my way i will put an end to them.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Iamzik: 6:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
EazyMoh:

Only children of hate would find fault in loving your fellow humans.

You can equate foolishness with love.

Why hasn't any northern emir dropped his emir title to be called an Oba?

Let's call a spade a spade. The yahoo boy is downright Porus

2 Likes

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by petenweke: 6:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
[quote author=Basic123 post=66335248]
emir is an Arabic word for a President or a leader.

you Christians are too ignorant.
Especially Igbo Christians

Although I am not in support of the oba move anyway![/quote

What? As at last count you had 55 Likes. 55 idiots plus you 56]

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Bluffly: 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
igbodefender:
If a Christian should one day ascend that throne, what would be his title?
He will simply change it back to Oba title
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by petenweke: 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
And some still argue we are not in the end times.
Even an oba has his price.
Forget that reason he gave jooor
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by fk001(m): 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
Mandeyy:
Bro, the King of Jos is not called an emir, no matter how u twisted it. Haba!

Have you ever heard of "Ganwari of Ganye" he is also addressed as Emir but locally his people address him as Ganwari
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by tbarrister(m): 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
[quote author=fk001 post=66341611]

That is their local title just like "Mai Borno" "Lamido of Adamawa" "Sultan of sokoto" and many more.

But they are all called emirs in general.

The first picture is the emir of jos

Second picture Mai Borno

Can you identify the similarities?

Stop misinforming people, there is nothing like mai borno anymore, only sheu of borno of the elkanemi line, please be properly guided

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by EazyMoh(m): 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
Iamzik:

You can equate foolishness with love.

Why hasn't any northern emir dropped his emir title to be called an Oba?

Let's call a spade a spade. The yahoo boy is downright Porus
I don't care about this so called Emir, my comment was directed at what you quoted in bad light.
Your comment was quoting Muslims from the south calling those from the north their brothers and how that seemed to irritate you.
You could only be irritated when someone called another person his brother only IF you are filled with hate.
Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ogiso is nothing but a myth ! Oranmiyan is also a myth.
The title Omo n'Oba n'Edo was recorded by the europeans more than 600 years ago.
History relies on records, not on myths.
Guestlander:

Who was the first Oba of Benin? We know the ones before him were called ogisos.
The Oba era started with Eweka I, a direct son of Oranmiyan.
You need to explain why the Benin kings were called ogiso and not Oba before Eweka I.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Awoofawo(m): 7:08pm On Apr 01, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

See this pained afonja criticising his fellow afonja state osun state..Which state are you from?..probabaly ogun..kettle calling pot black lmao

Henceforth no more oba; emir is here to stay
You shall all answer to the sokoto caliphate

Allahu Akbar
I don't need to engage you because it is very clear to the blinds, that you are crazy and villapipu are browsing with your destiny.......So continue with your folly, abeg find basket to put for neck and gutter water to bath with... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Oponu araraiye! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Abagworo(m): 7:08pm On Apr 01, 2018
Emir is Islamic not Northern.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by LarryBee1k: 7:08pm On Apr 01, 2018
Bless you
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 01, 2018
He has never been Oba, there is only one Oba and his palace is in Benin City.
petenweke:
And some still argue we are not in the end times.
Even an oba has his price.
Forget that reason he gave jooor
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by LarryBee1k: 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
Bless you
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by LarryBee1k: 7:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
Bless you
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by LarryBee1k: 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

There is no Yoruba christian or muslim. True Yorubas are Pagans. Traditoonalists. They follow the Gods of their ancestors.

The primary role of the Oba is to preserve and nurture Yoruba culture in modern day democratic Nigeria. if he fails in this simple task then he must be ousted with immediate effect!
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Guestlander: 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
prolog2:
Ogiso is nothing but a myth ! Oranmiyan is also a myth.
The title Omo n'Oba n'Edo was recorded by the europeans more than 600 years ago.
History relies on records, not on myths.

Ogiso is a myth? Of course. Your argument wouldn't make any sense without it being a myth.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by BalogunIdowu(m): 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
Very soon he'll be come t'challa of Iwo land
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by oluwaahmed: 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
AFONJAS! The only slaves very content with perpetual servitude. Ride on, soon all Yoruba states will replace their Oba with Emir. Cowardice runs in their royal family sef.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
LarryBee1k:

Just don't breed, pathetic boy!

im your fathers age you transvestite.

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by tuk2ato(m): 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
He looks like Sanusi.
TheKingIsHere:
It hit the news yesterday as the Oluwo of Iwoland in Osun state, Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi no longer wants to be addressed as Oba but as Emir of Iwo land.

To buttress his statement he has released a picture of himself dressed up as an Emir (a northern traditional title) while sitting on the throne.

Here is the link were he denounced the title of Oba and accepted to be called Emir

https://www.nairaland.com/4428610/oluwo-iwo-akanbi-becomes-emir

What do you think?

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
Wow, do you actually have a dictionary with you ? Look up the word "myth".
It is time to stop talking like a toddler. I can't debate on father christmass all day.

Guestlander:

Ogiso is a myth? Of course. Your argument wouldn't make any sense without it being a myth.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Guestlander: 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
prolog2:
Wow, do you actually have a dictionary with you ? Look up the word "myth".
It is time to stop talking like a toddler. I can't debate on father christmass all day.

Let me help you out. Seems you are running out of brain cells already. A myth is; a widely held but false belief or idea.

Meaning the Ogiso story has to be a myth for your Oba story to be true. Get it?
We know the Ogiso is not a myth because the Benin have a long record of ogisos before Eweka I.
Which then brings us to the same question; why was there no Oba of Benin until Eweka the son Oranmiyan from Ife?
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by LarryBee1k: 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

im your fathers age you transvestite.

How would I know your age. As omoluabi I'm sorry.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Kennydoc(m): 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2018
Basic123:

emir is an Arabic word for a President or a leader.

you Christians are too ignorant.
Especially Igbo Christians

Although I am not in support of the oba move anyway!

Are you aware that Pastor means shepherd in Latin? How about using Pastor for the title of the traditional rulers?
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
Guestlander:

Let me help you out. Seems you are running out of brain cells already. A myth is; a widely held but false belief or idea.

Meaning the Ogiso story has to be a myth for your Oba story to be true. Get it?

Let me help you: a myth is a story which is unproven.
Do you have any contamporary record of the Ogisos or Oranmiyan ?
The answer is no !!!
Therefor the Ogisos and Oranmiyan are myths.
I didn't invent the fact that there is no contemporary record of them, did I ?
It is disturbing when you say things like "what we know is ..." then you tell an unproven claim. That is being a 419.
A tale with no proof will always be a myth, not history.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Guestlander: 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
prolog2:

Let me help you: a myth is a story which is unproven.
Do you have any contamporary record of the Ogisos or Oranmiyan ?
The answer is no !!!
Therefor the Ogisos and Oranmiyan are myths.
I didn't invent the fact that there is no contemporary record of them, did I ?

The story is unproven because you weren't there to witness everything? I think I'm chatting with a juvenile.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
LarryBee1k:

How would I know your age. As omoluabi I'm sorry.

Just because you are on social media dont forget your manners.

The guy in front might be senior you may never know. and I never abused anyone. I stated the fact . I am a born traditionalist and I know more about the cultural identity of my people than any christian or muslim indomie generation around.

Anyways that said, I accept your apology and sorry for calling you a transvestite.

1 Like

Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
Seriously, I am the juvenile ?
The story is unproven because there is no f*cking PROOF !
It has nothing to do with me. What in hell is wrong with you !

Guestlander:

The story is unproven because you weren't there to witness everything? I think I'm chatting with a juvenile.
Re: Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne by Afonjas: 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2018
seniorkachion:

Emir is not traditional but religious. It means the ruler in a Muslim community. It came into being after the Mohammedan jihad and creation of caliphates.

You're right but the case here is that this yahoo boy has banished the Yoruba gods in his palace and switch to his throne to Islamic

Kuwait, Qatar and UAE are Arabs, their emirs dress in Arab attires,
The Fulani emirs dress in Fulani attires,
Why is a Yoruba man who wants to become an Emir in Yoruba land dressing like Fulani emirs instead of Yoruba cultural dressing?

That dress that yahoo boy put on in his throne is 100% Fulani emir dressing

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know / Abdulrasheed Akanbi And Chanel Chin Divorced! Oluwo Of Iwo Divorces Wife / Late Alaafin’s Wives Show Off New Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.