Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

"I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi (37587 Views)

Coronavirus: Oba Abdul-Ganiy Adekunle Oloogunebi Appeases Deities To Ward It Off / “I Never Said I Am Changing From Oba To Emir” – Oluwo Of Iwoland / I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir, Oluwo Of Iwo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ghuzy01: 7:33am On Apr 02, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
But seriously; the attire is so befitting, it looks very beautiful on him - even Obasanjo and Fayose have been seen trying the same, though with lesser success.
Nothing wrong with what he was doing - note the ongoing fashion where many Nigerian personalities especially politicians from all the various tribes are increasingly now adopting the Hausa style (Agbada and Cap) of dressing.
Agbada and cap is a Yoruba style of dressing.

5 Likes

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by abbeyty(m): 7:39am On Apr 02, 2018
who is paying these numerous tranditional rulers bill ?
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by olowolekana: 7:42am On Apr 02, 2018
This Oba doesn't know what he's doing. He needs to be sanctioned. This will serve as a deterrent to others

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Markfemi2: 7:46am On Apr 02, 2018
olowolekana:
This Oba doesn't know what he's doing. He needs to be sanctioned. This will serve as a deterrent to others

Don’t create excuses
He’s fully aware of what he’s doing
Osun has been drifting as a whole to Islamism

1 Like

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Edu3Again: 7:52am On Apr 02, 2018
ghuzy01:

Bros no mind that Almajiri, I'm igbo and I know how Yorubas dress.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by blazhykowskyi(m): 8:05am On Apr 02, 2018
discusant:

According to him, core Hausa cannot call him Oba but Emir.

Yet he hopes for integration of Nigeria

Anyway, foolishness dey your lineage - even before the Alimi and Afonja era.

Neither here nor there is in your DNA even before oyibo touch foot in Nigeria. ok

DNA scientist. What is in your own DNA?

Cowardice?

Selling out your tribe for peanuts?

Inferiority complex?

Persecution complex?

Dumb Wawa goat!
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:05am On Apr 02, 2018
ghuzy01:

Read my post again and note the words 'Agbada and Cap' appeared in closed brackets; while the main body and most important message in the sentence said, "various tribes are increasingly now adopting the Hausa style of dressing."- key words being HAUSA STYLE.
Hope that is now clear.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by blazhykowskyi(m): 8:09am On Apr 02, 2018
prechbills1:

lol.. you can't initiate conversations without insults, shows how childish and stupid you're.

I'm living in the capital of Delta state and I've been to all major places in Delta. nothing like mosque in Delta so stop spewing shits
Ignorance is bliss. You can keep revelling in your ignorance. There is no state in Nigeria without a mosque.

Keep showing how dumb you are.

People are enjoying your foolishness.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Herlertah(m): 8:36am On Apr 02, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
This man doesn't know how to lie.How can you be dressing like an emir and say that hausa's call you so.Your kingship ends at Iwo you are not a father to any nation or any first class traditional ruler.And yes you can tell the hausa's to stop addressing you as such because when you are in rome you behave like a roman so they should respect the title given to the ruler of iwoland.
do you know that you are referring to my king? E be like say u dey mad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Tunks2017(m): 8:47am On Apr 02, 2018

Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by asmovic(m): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2018
emmysoftyou:
taa, this is medicine after death.
We have recorded it.
We have his picture dressed like an emir.
We all know the obas in the west don't behave well.
He has lick all the secrets happening in the Southwest.
So stop wasting your time.
This won't change anything. You guys re confused and disunited.
QED
'He has lick all the secrets happening in the Southwest.'....the secrets na sweet wey dem dey 'lick'?
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by BlueScholar(m): 9:40am On Apr 02, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
They have threatened to detrone him, he is now changing tone.

Who made him first class ruler

grin
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Coolgent(m): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2018
Carry on Sir God is on your side
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2018
Sterope:
They should remove him. He ia always trying too hard.

well said Miss.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by kernel505: 10:10am On Apr 02, 2018
resurgentxtian4:
The man should be dethroned already. He’s a tool in the hands of those who want to islamise Nigeria and yorubaland in particular.

We Christians should never allow them actualise their plans for Nigeria. Useless yahoo yahoo king!

Thought you said Igbos weren't right with their shouts?
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Mystiquefia: 10:54am On Apr 02, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Eyah. You must be living in a cave. No state in Nigeria has no mosque.

No part of the news suggests there's an emir in Delta State.

You must be an illiterate dunce.

don't mind that clown. hez either a pained lpob imposter posing as deltan or a delta north IBO outcast. Even in warri were I grew up there are over 30 mosques here let alone delta state itself. My school, federal university of petroleum resources effurun even has a mosque, just like petroleum training institute along PTI road.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Awoleesu(m): 11:23am On Apr 02, 2018
OBA WERE!
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by computergenius(m): 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
Kasa! Abomination! Heresy! Sacrilege! The ancestors of the yoruba are turning in their graves right now at the action of this fool calling himself emir of iwoland. This fool thinks the democratic monarchy or kingships called Oba in yorubaland is the same as the mad tyrants and absolute totalitarian monarchs called Emirs and Sultants in the North. This is a bad omen. This man is ignorant of history. May his ancestors punish him for this sacrilege. May his ancestors who fought hard to prevent domination by the fulani muslims and prevent islamization of yorubaland punish this man for his treachery. Please dethrone this man before he causes too much damage. If Yoruba Obas are quarreling among them it is because they are at least trying to tell each other the truth to bring out improvement in Yorubaland, something that does not happen in the north because a few people have successfully enslaved the entire population.
Ah! Ife the place of origin of the Yoruba. Anytime a serious problem is going to affect yorubaland it always starts from Ife. The ancestors of the yoruba developed a system of democratic monarchial rule called Oba. This system was so successful that at one point in african history the two yoruba empires of Oyo empire and Benin empire were the largest in Africa spanning many countries in west africa including Benin and Togo and parts of Ghana. Why was the Oba system so successful? Because it was more democratic than other leadership systems present in Africa at the time. A Yoruba Oba is not an absolute monarch. The powers of the Oba are controlled to allow freedom of speech and prevent them from turning into tyrants. A master-slave relationship does not exist between a yoruba Oba and his people unlike the Emirs and Sultans in the North that turn their own people to total slaves. An Oba has a council of senatorial chiefs called Oloyes that take decisions. The council includes his chief political advicers (otun and osi) and his chief military commanders (Balogun and Bashorun and Akogun) and economic advisers Alaje and Iyalode. The real power is in the hand of his council of chiefs as the Oba cannot change their decision but must abide with it. If he cannot abide with it he must commit suicide. The yoruba Oba is not above the law of the land. If he commits murder or sleeps with another mans wife he will be detroned and exiled or killed. An Oba cannot sentence an accused to death without the council of chiefs giving fair trial to the accused. On the other hand an Emir or Sultan is an absolute monarch with Absolute power to kill to steal and do as he likes without restraint. Many modern yoruba kings are hidding behind religion and are now trying to change this traditions for selfish reasons and to transform themselves to absolute monarchs that can do anything they want without restraint by the people.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 4:57am On Apr 03, 2018
why must you say "colonial masters", can't you just say british ? Must you make yourself look like an inferior being ?
What in hell are they teaching you guys in nigerian schools ?
salford1:

Lol. That group is not for every tom dick and harry. It is an highly moderated group of topics, pics and discussion of colonial era. Most of the articles and pics were originally recorded by colonial masters and obtained from several libraries around the world.

E.g the pic of the oba of benin below was posted just 14hrs ago.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 5:01am On Apr 03, 2018
Notice that nobody is calling the guy "Oba" on the picture !
His title is Oluwo.
Oba belongs to the Benin empire !!!!!
Yoruba, stop using our title, use your own !!!!!!!
salford1:
An Oluwo from 1890's dressed as a Muslim.

That town is indeed somehow undecided
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 5:03am On Apr 03, 2018
shut the fook up ! ANd show respect to the Eleko Eko !
LastSurvivor11:
Yahoo yahoo Emir abi wire wire Oba emir grin

This one go worse pass oba akinolu of LAGOON Kingdom..
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 5:10am On Apr 03, 2018
What I get from all this is that yoruba is a collection of people who don't know each other's history but are just pretending to be a tribe.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 03, 2018
yoruba are the most stupid collection of people ever seen in this world.
First of all the title Oba belongs to Omo n'Oba n'Edo. So please stop copying it and use your own titles.
The title of this guy in Iwo is Oluwo. He is the rightful king of iwo and you are here insulting him because according to you he is not among the "top 20 kings in yorubaland" and who in hell established that stupid ranking of Kings ?
My friend, a King is a King and deserves respect. You keep talking about your inexistent "yorubaland". Try and understand that Iwo is Iwo, not "yorubaland". It is a Kingdom. The fact that the people of Iwo accept to be called yoruba doesn't give you the right to disrespect them !
My advise to the people of Iwo is to dissassociate from yoruba. being friends with yoruba can bring you only insults and disrespect from the same yoruba by the way. You made the mistake of letting them call you "yoruba". Now they think they can abuse you at will.

ghuzy01:

And who made him a first class oba.He is not even among the top 20 kings in yoruba land.He is just a noise maker....period.
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by LastSurvivor11: 10:20am On Apr 03, 2018
prolog2:
shut the fook up ! ANd show respect to the Eleko Eko !

Mumu, no b only respect
Na slap I go give you too when I catch u n that ur yahoo yahoo eleko wateva
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 03, 2018
come to my gym slowpoke
LastSurvivor11:

Mumu, no b only respect
Na slap I go give you too when I catch u n that ur yahoo yahoo eleko wateva
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by LastSurvivor11: 10:40am On Apr 03, 2018
prolog2:
come to my gym slowpoke

U mean I should come to ur ewedu ewa joint?
Sorry I don't eat such dirty scary shits
Re: "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi by ghuzy01: 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
prolog2:
yoruba are the most stupid collection of people ever seen in this world.
First of all the title Oba belongs to Omo n'Oba n'Edo. So please stop copying it and use your own titles.
The title of this guy in Iwo is Oluwo. He is the rightful king of iwo and you are here insulting him because according to you he is not among the "top 20 kings in yorubaland" and who in hell established that stupid ranking of Kings ?
My friend, a King is a King and deserves respect. You keep talking about your inexistent "yorubaland". Try and understand that Iwo is Iwo, not "yorubaland". It is a Kingdom. The fact that the people of Iwo accept to be called yoruba doesn't give you the right to disrespect them !
My advise to the people of Iwo is to dissassociate from yoruba. being friends with yoruba can bring you only insults and disrespect from the same yoruba by the way. You made the mistake of letting them call you "yoruba". Now they think they can abuse you at will.

My brother........YOU ARE SICK!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masquerade Seriously Beats An Okada Rider (video) / EndSARS : Oba Rilwan akinolu Returns To Palace Two Months After Mob Invasion / A Photographic Tour Of Southwest Nigerian Peoples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.