Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,146 members, 7,849,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:55 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (70478 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by bxg(m): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2010
i dnt understan fergie anymore wat has rafael done 2 him oshea,brown and neville hav all been preferred 2 him is he nw our 4th choice teams no longer fear us again we ar gettin predictable
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mykali(m): 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2010
is it too late to ask How Mar'kate'?
Is business moving well?
Have the containers arrived?
Are your salesmen delivering the goods?

Make una answer me naw. . .Manure is supposed to be a point below ''Chavski'' now, innit?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by bxg(m): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2010
market slow but it will soon pickup ar u happy nw angry angry angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2010
@Mbulela
The handswriting was on the wall for us to see last season when RIO was injured for the most part last season.

What we need is a decent defender from those eastern european countries. Whenever RIO is out, the man steps in and we won't be suffering all we are seeing now.

I dunno why Rafael is not prefered to Oshea. Put the 2 of dem in transfer market and 99% would go for Rafael. Why are we suffering from SAF?

This is gonna be what oyinbos call 'long suffering'.

We bought smalling that won't bring an immediate impact to the backline and oh yeah we are made to believe all is well

I'm tired abeg. Other european teams are strengthening their teams and yet we keep celebrating mediocrity here.

Bullchit again
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by bxg(m): 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2010
we cant expect our forwards to score 3 or 4 goals every match!

At the Reebok, United score 2, we should win the match.

At Goodison Park, United score 3, we should win the match.

At Craven Cottage, United score 2, we should win the match.

The root of our defensive problems have been bad individual mistakes. fergie shld start playin rafael regurlarly people complain dat he makes mistakes but he needs game time 2 improve he cant be as bad as oshea
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by debosky(m): 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2010
@ TKB

I thunk Evans is allowed to keep 'learning' with his numerous mistakes?  grin Even Evra has lost his mojo - he's almost as error prone as Clichy now. grin

Till Rio regains fitness, y'all will continue to ship goals like a leaking basket. Good job  by Nani though. . . .he's copping me some good points in EPL fantasy league.  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 3:13pm On Sep 26, 2010
@debosky
Ever since Evra called Thuram Malcolm X, he's been woeful. Lololol

Only God will deliver us from these twats. I think Rio is not gonna come back to that team again. We need to buy at least 2 defenders or else, yawa

As for Evans, he shd go to stoke to learn. Lol
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Ibime(m): 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2010
You guys should be proactive in answering the question before the likes of myself & Dayokanu enter the thread.

Glazer bonds have just been downgraded to junk status by Fitch after the Bolton result. Did someone ask[b] HOW MARKET?[/b]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by bxg(m): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2010
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2010
Today was a good day. At least we did not lose like some people.

This is what I kept saying. . . we're conceding too many goals for my liking.
We have a great keeper but between O'Shea and Evans, I think they compete to concede goals. I just don't get it. That defence is too erroneous and way too porous. . . it's depressing.

Sneijder would be a beautiful addition. He has a great way of playing and I hope SAF can see this and take it into consideration.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2010
This is really poor. The defensive issues are completely undermining our season. Im happy with our attack this season and I know getting goals is not an issue. But this will lead to us losing some points eventually this season. Very disappointed. Just glad we are still unbeaten. Oshea is still an issue ( along with the rest of the defense but he stood out for me as being very poor) a very big one and with Valencia away next we will be lucky to even get a point considering their amazing start to the season. SAF needs some assistance I think.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chic2pimp(m): 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2010
Moonstone:

Today was a good day. At least we did not lose like some people.

This is what I kept saying. . . we're conceding too many goals for my liking.
We have a great keeper but between O'Shea and Evans, I think they compete to concede goals. I just don't get it. That defence is too erroneous and way too porous. . . it's depressing.

Sneijder would be a beautiful addition. He has a great way of playing and I hope SAF can see this and take it into consideration.
Why would he leave a treble winning team?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by bxg(m): 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2010
@chick2pimp

because benitez is in charge andhttp://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=827152&sec=transfers&cc=3888 check d link
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mbulela: 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2010
tkb417:

@Mbulela
The handswriting was on the wall for us to see last season when RIO was injured for the most part last season.

What we need is a decent defender from those eastern european countries. Whenever RIO is out, the man steps in and we won't be suffering all we are seeing now.

I dunno why Rafael is not prefered to Oshea. Put the 2 of dem in transfer market and 99% would go for Rafael. Why are we suffering from SAF?

This is gonna be what oyinbos call 'long suffering'.

We bought smalling that won't bring an immediate impact to the backline and oh yeah we are made to believe all is well

I'm tired abeg. Other european teams are strengthening their teams and yet we keep celebrating mediocrity here.

Bullchit again
tkb417:

@debosky
Ever since Evra called Thuram Malcolm X, he's been woeful. Lololol

Only God will deliver us from these twats. I think Rio is not gonna come back to that team again. We need to buy at least 2 defenders or else, yawa

As for Evans, he shd go to stoke to learn. Lol

like i always so to you, this thing is complicated (although in my lay view, not as complicated as Sir Alex is making it look).
most in importantly, there is no abundance of cash like there was in the recent past.
Fergie and Gill are liars if they say there is money to spend.
2ndly, the Evans case is complicated.CBs do not become very good until they are in their mid, late twenties.
You may mention a few exceptions but even those exceptions are down to the playing pattern of the teams in question (Pique, i am looking at you).
If we sell or loan him now (he already spend 2 years at Sunderland), he will only get better down the line and all the training he has gotten this far will be wasted.He just has to improve his aggression and concentration and these will come with time.
Also, if you get a top of the range defender now, how do you incoporate Rio?
a top of the range defender will not play bit role and spend time on the bench,so how for do?
collectivity and continuity is the bedrock of good defences, so we need a settled back four and a good back up (which Evans is).
The major problem is Rio's fitness.Sir Alex needs to bit the bullet and address it.
all these lies of stomach bug, cramps and such small small lies will not cut it.
the same issue with Heagreves.If we had addressed that DM position in the last 12 months of his 2 year absence we will not be in this position.
Even Smalling will go through this phase that Evans is going through,so the solution is to either sort out Rio and the DM position.

I am hearing feelers that Carlos Queiroz may be on his way back.
He molded our best defences, it can't be a coincidednce.
Mike Phelan is c r a p.

Evra needs a two weeks break in the beach,sipping Barcadi and admiring good female flesh (his wife or girlfriend o grin).
The boy has been playing football for 3 straight years without a decent break.
Sir Alex talked about giving him the break after the world cup and getting him back into the team around now.
He changed his mind and the outcome has been disastrous.
I ask again, how horrible is Fabio in training?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mbulela: 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2010
debosky:

@ TKB

Even Evra has lost his mojo - he's almost as error prone as Clichy now. grin

i jump am pass.
it is not my portion grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 10:27pm On Sep 26, 2010
I'll be back soon for my analysis when I have time.
Wanna watch the match again.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 27, 2010
As chairman ASPAMDA amalgamated association of spare parts dealers,I can say the markeyt was not good.
We should be top of the league by now.
The defence is increasingly alrming and shipping in goals like it's running out of style.How we're sure to conceed at least two goals each away trip is alarming to say the least.I'm suddenly scared of the Valencia trip.
Evans?I dare say he's starting to look like a waste.
As for JOS,if any punk comes in here to justify why he should be the first name on any United teamsheet (A-40 and debosky-memo to you ),I'll have their test.icl.es hung up for display at the nearest museum.The boy is simply daft.
What does Rafael have to do to get into FErgie's starting eleven?Wash his clothes?Chop his firewood?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 7:56am On Sep 27, 2010
I condom any spirit of trophylessness that GAYYners might want to transfer to you fifu

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mbulela: 7:58am On Sep 27, 2010
The match against Valencia at the Mestalla on Wednesday looks to have turned into an even more severe test after yesterday's 2-2 draw with Bolton Wanderers todaywas accompanied by a number of injury concerns for Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ryan Giggs strained a hamstring at the Reebok Stadium that will rule him out for a fortnight. Rio Ferdinand, who was not involved in the match, may well return but there is no certainty over a centre-half with back-related problems whose appearances are now intermittent and Wayne Rooney is also a worry. The injury that saw him replaced at Bolton was more than a random knock, even though the attacker is expected to face Valencia.

"He has a little issue with his ankle," said United's assistant manager, Mike Phelan, who said it would be examined tomorrow morning. "He has been playing with it for a couple of weeks now and we decided he wasn't getting into the areas we wanted and he wasn't getting chances, so we had to change it."

A point against Bolton was satisfactory since United were twice behind and by drawing had a better weekend than the other Champions League representatives, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs, who were all defeated. However, it is Ferguson's men who are under the greater stress on the European front after the 0-0 draw with Rangers in their opening game.

Ferguson did, however, see some encouraging signs at the Reebok. "In the first half we should have done better but we did well to come from behind," he said. "The second half was very even. Bolton were a real handful and our chances were reduced but we must take credit for coming back again."

The second of United's levellers was expertly taken by the substitute Michael Owen for his first league goal of the season. It brings him more strongly into contention to be in the starting line-up against Valencia but his satisfaction after the Bolton game was qualified.

He claimed his goal was "tinged with a bit of disappointment" and rued the fact that United had only partly exploited their opportunity. "We were helped with a few nice results [on Saturday]," said Owen, "but when you don't capitalise fully it is disappointing."

Underachievement by United is partly linked to Rooney's subdued form, although sympathy for him is diminishing. As Kevin Keegan – one of the match analysts at the Reebok – remarked, a person who reportedly sold his wedding photographs to the press cannot complain too much if newspapers then carry other pictures that are not to Rooney's liking.

United have more orthodox concerns. It is irksome for the club, too, that they have drawn all three away Premier League matches to date, even if they had no lead to let slip at the Reebok. Such difficulties for a leading club are, however, heartening for the Bolton manager, Owen Coyle.

"I certainly wasn't surprised that West Ham could win at home [against Tottenham] and I wasn't surprised we could achieve a result," he said. "The margins for error in the Premier League are minimal. It's probably been great for the league this week that a lot of teams have believed they could win against the elite clubs. That's the way it should be."

Coyle was particularly pleased by Martin Petrov's display and goal and was also philosophical about Johan Elmander's failure to put Bolton 3-1 ahead. "That chance would have never have come had he not driven 40 or 50 yards and beaten three or four men," said Coyle.

There was even sympathy for Rooney from Coyle. "I think maybe it's time to lay off him and let him play his football if you want the best for your country."
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 27, 2010
@dayokanu,
LOL!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:44am On Sep 27, 2010
we would be under seige at the Mestalla i can bet with Evans and Oshea running show

what SAF is looking for, he'll get in abundance

The day a top european team wallop us 6-0, he'll start thinking of buying defenders
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by jalether(m): 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2010
Scummies how market. . . .its never too late to pose the question grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Emperoh(m): 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2010
jalether:

Scummies how market. . . .its never too late to pose the question grin cheesy

If i am not mistaken, your market worse pass our own.
SO go comot the iroko tree for your eye before u can see the feather in ours!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chic2pimp(m): 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2010
Shey una don ask the question?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2010
what is wrong with Rooney?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by jalether(m): 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2010
tkb417:

what is wrong with Rooney?

News has it that he's nursing an ankle injury
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 5:51pm On Sep 27, 2010
Okay, just watched the match again.

First of - BOLTON played to their strenghts an unfortunately, it payed off.
Kevin Davies is a flipping bully . . . He bullied Evans all day like he was his biatch.
The poor lad could barely win any header, but then again how many people does against K.Davies

I think the most important ball we should have been worried about was to win the second ball which we didn't.
We just couldn't cope.
Rooney was so poor he couldn't even control the flipping ball and lost possession numerous times.
This is a lesson for all those that patronise Ashy . . . grin grin
Now he's doubtful for the Valencia game with an ankle injury.

Secondly - Why in Jacob's balls was Evra standing in the middle of the goal for the first Bolton goal when he should have been marking the post.
Thuram must be laughing his arse off now.

Lastly - The team in general needs a little bit more confidence with the overall defending.
It's not easy when we dont have a protector to shield the back four the way Mikel does for Chelsea.
I'm sure they will come good . . . a couple of clean sheets will inspire confidence in the lads.
Rio was missed yesterday especially with the aerial threat imposed by Bolton.

Until the next match.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2010
^^^
delusion in grandeur

u didnt talk about Oshea

is he ur cousin?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2010
tkb417:

^^^
delusion in grandeur

u didnt talk about Oshea

is he your cousin?

Delusion? Nikka please cheesy cheesy cheesy
Tell me what O'Shea did wrong in connection to the goals we conceeded?
Or is it just cos he was in the team?

Looking for a scape goat as usual.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2010
chamotex:

Delusion? Nikka please cheesy cheesy cheesy
Tell me what O'Shea did wrong in connection to the goals we conceeded?
Or is it just cos he was in the team?

Looking for a scape goat as usual.

i see why u hve been letting him off ur hook

so he has to score own goals b4 u see his sloppy mvts, crass passes, foul throws, dangerous backpasses, foolish tackles?

ehn, Chamotex, is he ur cousin

Oshea should not be playing for manchester united
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2010
tkb417:

i see why u hve been letting him off your hook

so he has to score own goals b4 u see his sloppy mvts, crass passes, foul throws, dangerous backpasses, foolish tackles?

ehn, Chamotex, is he your cousin

Oshea should not be playing for manchester united

You didn't answer my question bro?

Let him score the own goal first . . .then I will be the first to attack him.
I can count just on top of my head alone how many times Evans and Rooney gave the ball away yesterday . . . but it easier to blame JOS for any mishap.

My point is everything that goes wrong - it's O'Shea's fault undecided undecided undecided . . . let's be considerate please.

Why would anyone with any tactical football nous expect Fergie to draft in Rafael against a gigantic Bolton side away from home, considering the fact that we already have another dwarf (Evra) on the other side?
I can understand if it was Brown . . . . that still makes sense.

If JOS messes up, trust me I'll be the first here to treat his eff up but until then . . . lay off him abeg.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2010
Why would anyone with any tactical football nous expect Fergie to draft in Rafael against a gigantic Bolton side away from home, considering the fact that we already have another dwarf (Evra) on the other side?
I can understand if it was Brown . . . . that still makes sense.
did they just buy the giants?

was it Oshea that played against them last season?

if you didnt see Ohsea's poor performance, then ill start saving clips as from next match

on the match thread, i asked for Rooney and Evans to be replaced. Go check it

on the balance of play, Oshea was abysymal aswerigad

ill see how i can get the foul throw, the faulty back pass, the stupid tackles and some others

dont worry, lll try to get it

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.