Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,181 members, 7,849,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:18 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (70496 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 8:37am On Sep 23, 2010
Eastbay:

moonstone,
Chamakh looks like an underfed giraffe with his long neck.wonder why you are getting weak in the knees for him?
As per Valencia,his one-leggedness is actually making me not miss him.His dependency on his right leg really limits him.It's up to Nani,Obertan to shine.
Gosh, Eastbay - you can be quite mean cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. . . but that's hilarious and I agree with it. I don't think he's cute at ALL - I just like the way he plays even if I HATE the club he plays for.

Even if Valencia is dependent on his right leg, you have to agree that he's fast and can cross balls well when he feels like it (I use that phrase because he has disappointed with his crosses sometimes). When he's being totally selfless, he gives the defence of the other team, no matter how good, a little heartattack.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 8:46am On Sep 23, 2010
Moonstone:

Gosh, Eastbay - you can be quite mean cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. . . but that's hilarious and I agree with it. I don't think he's cute at ALL - I just like the way he plays even if I HATE the club he plays for.

Even if Valencia is dependent on his right leg, you have to agree that he's fast and can cross balls well when he feels like it (I use that phrase because he has disappointed with his crosses sometimes). When he's being totally selfless, he gives the defence of the other team, no matter how good, a little heartattack.

Actually, he crosses best when Berbatov tees the ball up for him. . . . . . he doesn't have to run or do anything extra then; just dink the ball into the 18yard box!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 8:59am On Sep 23, 2010
RuuDie:

Actually, he crosses best when Berbatov tees the ball up for him. . . . . . he doesn't have to run or do anything extra then; just dink the ball into the 18yard box!
That's my problem with him. Last season, he had some good crosses to Rooney as well but he's not consistent all the time. What I like him for mostly, is that when he gets the ball - he just runs with it. . . no matter what. His speed is admirable and for me it upsets the dynamics for the opposing team SOME times.
With Man Utd, you just take what you get esp. considering how much we've spent
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 9:03am On Sep 23, 2010
Moonstone:

That's my problem with him. Last season, he had some good crosses to Rooney as well but he's not consistent all the time. What I like him for mostly, is that when he gets the ball - he just runs with it. . . no matter what. His speed is admirable and for me it upsets the dynamics for the opposing team SOME times.
With Man Utd, you just take what you get esp. considering how much we've spent

I think if he mixes his game up a bit, he'd be muche better for it. . . . . cuz usually all he thinks about is taking the ball to the by-line & crossing; so he's always hugging the touchline. Sometimes he should try to cut in, switch flanks, take a shot at goal instead of cross - it'd make him a whole lot less predictable!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 9:10am On Sep 23, 2010
@ moonstone/eastbay/tkb/a-40/chamotex/mbulela

4 all the imperfections and "average-ness" of the likes of O'sheasy, Evans & whoever on the UTD squad you can think off, these players sorta srike a balance in the squad. . . . . these are guys who will always be there in times of need & yet still not bring up any form of discontent in camp.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 9:13am On Sep 23, 2010
RuuDie:

I think if he mixes his game up a bit, he'd be muche better for it. . . . . cuz usually all he thinks about is taking the ball to the by-line & crossing; so he's always hugging the touchline. Sometimes he should try to cut in, switch flanks, take a shot at goal instead of cross - it'd make him a whole lot less predictable!
He has taken some shots at goal but he's not confident enough to take shots all the time. The only thing that counters his predictability is the position of the strikers. Needless to say, Valencia has been quite instrumental in a few games to Man Utd. I like the fact that we're covering up for his absence quite nicely.
RuuDie:

4 all the imperfections and "average-ness" of the likes of O'sheasy, Evans & whoever on the UTD squad you can think off, these players sorta srike a balance in the squad. . . . . these are guys who will always be there in times of need & yet still not bring up any form of discontent in camp.
Yeah - we are not complaining too much as long as they don't bring up any form of discontent in our games against others. They're humans.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:15am On Sep 23, 2010
RuuDie:

i agree; i believe Evans would learn.

Oshea cannot learn again grin grin at least Fletcher is a perfect example of someone who raised his game to an appreciable level

can u remember Keanes spat against the likes of Fletcher and co? im sure Keane wouldnt make such a statement again judging from the way hes been playing for some years now. Oshea should take a cue abeg
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2010
I'm just glad Bebe didnt look like a division 3 level player.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 9:51am On Sep 23, 2010
tkb417:

i agree; i believe Evans would learn.

Oshea cannot learn again grin grin at least Fletcher is a perfect example of someone who raised his game to an appreciable level

can u remember Keanes spat against the likes of Fletcher and co? im sure Keane wouldnt make such a statement again judging from the way hes been playing for some years now. Oshea should take a cue abeg

well. . ,  its true that o'sheasy probably can't improve on what he is or always been; but his longevity in the UTD rank is testament to the fact that he does add something positive, no matter how little, to the side.

I think we should always try 2 get behind our players & ease the pressure on them instead of compounding it!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 10:01am On Sep 23, 2010
Mr_TA:

I'm just glad Bebe didnt look like a division 3 level player.
Bebeto looks like he'll turn out good with time
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 23, 2010
RuuDie:

well. . , its true that o'sheasy probably can't improve on what he is or always been; but his longevity in the UTD rank is testament to the fact that he does add something positive, no matter how little, to the side.
I think we should always try 2 get behind our players & ease the pressure on them instead of compounding it!
That statement is an indictment on Fergie.
He normally ships people out when they can't add to their game or improve.
So is O'Shea Fergie's grandson,or does he do Fergie's laundry every weekend to get in the squad at the expense of youngsters like Fabio and co?
Longevity is one thing,and I appreciate his contribution to United over the years (2002/3 in particular),but he cannot add anything to us at this moment anymore.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2010
RuuDie:

O'Shea is a squad player and you always need sqaud players no matter what.
He's the kinda player that wont moan if he doesn't get regular first team football.
United fans by now should already know what they will get from O'Shea and not expect too much.

Another thing is - O'Shea's versatility is unquestionable.
He can play anywhere across the back four and in midfield - heck, he can even play in goal. grin grin
To me, he's an invaluable member of the squad that just gets on with his job.
People shouldn't expect too much from him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ritchboy(m): 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2010
Actually, O'Shea seems to have nailed that RB position this season, so i don't think he can still be described as a "squad player".
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2010
ritchboy:

Actually, O'Shea seems to have nailed that RB position this season, so i don't think he can still be described as a "squad player".
when he scores an own goal, we'll have Raphael back
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by RuuDie(m): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2010
Eastbay:

That statement is an indictment on Fergie.
He normally ships people out when they can't add to their game or improve.
So is O'Shea Fergie's grandson,or does he do Fergie's laundry every weekend to get in the squad at the expense of youngsters like Fabio and co?
Longevity is one thing,and I appreciate his contribution to United over the years (2002/3 in particular),but he cannot add anything to us at this moment anymore.

there's no indictment anywhere. . . . . his versatility is the probably the only reason he is still a UTD player & that is what gives certain players that little edge over others -  i doubt even you can dispute this.

The youngsters still have years & years to play. . . . . but first they understudy; sometimes u have to go thru apprenticeship before u become a master. O'sheasy might not be able to learn or improve any further than this but the young rafael and whoever else still have loads to learn & the guys out there on the field. Beleieve me u, no matter how good those lads appear to be, they still got loads to learn!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by ritchboy(m): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2010
tkb417:

when he scores an own goal, we'll have Raphael back

maybe, but in the mean time he is your star player! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2010
RuuDie:

The youngsters still have years & years to play. . . . . but first they understudy; sometimes u have to go thru apprenticeship before u become a master. O'sheasy might not be able to learn or improve any further than this but the young rafael and whoever else still have loads to learn & the guys out there on the field. Beleieve me u, no matter how good those lads appear to be, they still got loads to learn!
I sincerely hope you're not asking Rafael to understudy O'Shea shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked We only have one O'Shea - 2 will be a recipe for disaster.

What O'Shea lacks in skills, he makes up for in passion - shouldn't that stand for something? smiley
The moment he scores an own goal - I'll ask for his head and legs. . . but till then the passion keeps sizzling.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2010
RuuDie:

there's no indictment anywhere. . . . . his versatility is the probably the only reason he is still a UTD player & that is what gives certain players that little edge over others -  i doubt even you can dispute this.

Apart from that - O'Shea has been in the team for a long time now . . . he is one of the older heads . . .he is experienced.
He has played in so many big games and that is why he gets the nod most times in the big games.
Also his height is another factor - I remember when he was drafted in last season to replace Rafael at RB against Stoke City even though Rafael had been playing previously before that.

Fans should reduce their expectation from O'shea's performances.
He has his strengths and weaknesses.
He is not most fans favourite but he does his job well most times.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2010
Mshew, Oshea is a retard abeg. I sabi play pass am. Do u guys see how he looks like a zombie?
Always looking confused. Only Brown can match his mumuness on d field
Lol. Abeg, make e sit down somewhere and let us see our youngsters blossom
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mbulela: 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2010
chamotex:

O'Shea is a squad player and you always need sqaud players no matter what.
He's the kinda player that wont moan if he doesn't get regular first team football.
United fans by now should already know what they will get from O'Shea and not expect too much.

Another thing is - O'Shea's versatility is unquestionable.
He can play anywhere across the back four and in midfield - heck, he can even play in goal. grin grin
To me, he's an invaluable member of the squad that just gets on with his job.
People shouldn't expect too much from him.
Gbam
ritchboy:

very funny
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2010
tkb417:

Mshew, Oshea is a retard abeg. I sabi play pass am. Do u guys see how he looks like a zombie?
Ah ahn! Oga Fergie seems to disagree o!
Speaking of which, we have this problem. We overuse a player until he is bought and since, rather unfortunately, I don't see any clubs making a move on O'Shea, we're in big trouble.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2010
Enugu Rangers won't bid for Oshea
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mbulela: 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2010
tkb417:

you too harsh.
On Wes, you need to be reminded that Sir Alex once said that he is the most naturally talented defender in the club in recent years.
JOS is playing because Sir Alex has unresolved issues with Rafael and Wes has been crocked.
If Wes remains fit for another three weeks, JOS will be out of the team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Moonstone(f): 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2010
mbulela:

I doubt it. O'Shea has never been that outstanding and somehow he has played a LOT of games. SAF will find a way to put O'Shea in the starting line up.

@tkb, LMAO!
Besides I don't see SAF selling O'Shea so easily. . . he has this unnatural attachment to him.

I was reading earlier today that SAF is scouting and putting in a bid  for a new keeper, David De Gea. . . I hope we get him o! The dude is only 19 and keeps very well so far. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2010
@Mbulela
I've never liked the face of Oshea in the team except the day he became a goalie and the day he scored a last minute goal against Pool.

As for Wes, I know Fergie once described him as one of the best natural defenders but he's too prone to errors and I don't think even he can displace Oshea and Rafael at RB. Last season, Brown was fit but he had to play contend with playing when Rafael and Oshea were not available.

Brown is just passing time at UTD, he's a perfect example of a squad player
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by mbulela: 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2010
^^
you are right that Wes is passing time at OT (injuries have been too unfair to the guy) but i think he will be a preferred option at RB when he regains fitness.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2010
Abeg ignore typos, errors cos I dey type with ma fone

Mbulela, are u a manc?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2010
mbulela:

you too harsh.
On Wes, you need to be reminded that Sir Alex once said that he is the most naturally talented defender in the club in recent years.
JOS is playing because Sir Alex has unresolved issues with Rafael and Wes has been crocked.

Rightly so . . .Brown is dirty . . . he is the kind of defender that will put his life down to defend at all cost.
Some people fail to forget when Brown broke into the first team.
It's a shame injury has never let him breathe.

The only season he was consistently injury-free . . . we went on to win the Premiership and Champions League that year. And he played a major role throughout.
He nailed the RB spot.

The dude is curesed with injury.
Last season he was crooked and he never really regained his fitness and didn't get the chance to play towards the end when he became fitter cos we were chasing the league.

This season  - same issues.
He had a calf problem in pre-season and has been chasing shadows ever since.
Bobby Charlton famously called him 'The Silent Destroyer'
A fit WES BROWN is a top defender.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by MrTA(m): 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2010
A fit Brown would take back the RB spot imo. He is a very good defender but my only issue is the same issue I have with Oshea is that when they are playing RB going forward they dont offer enough except a half decent cross once in a while.

This is why I want Rafael to get more opportunities to learn and gain the required experience to own that spot.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2010
Mr_TA:

A fit Brown would take back the RB spot imo. He is a very good defender but my only issue is the same issue I have with Oshea is that when they are playing RB going forward they dont offer enough except a half decent cross once in a while.

This is why I want Rafael to get more opportunities to learn and gain the required experience to own that spot.

True - and that is because they are more of a CB filling in at RB.

Rafael is the heir to the throne for that RB position. . . . there's no doubt about that.
He just needs to step up on his maturity and naivety.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2010
What's Oshea natural/original position?

I doubt he started as a CB
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by chamotex(m): 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2010
tkb417:

What's Oshea natural/original position?

I doubt he started as a CB

He was a CB.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.