Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him (2985 Views)

Ladies,how Do You Feel About The Man That Disvirgin You,do You Like Or Hate Him? / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. / Apology 2 My Bf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Labakoko: 11:24pm On May 06, 2010
Well for most of you that don't know the genesis of this topic, read the link here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-428658.0.html

I am the Labake a lot of you lily livered people on Nairaland have been dying to meet and with all your expletives directed at me, i really have your time today. Its just a shame i haven't had the opportunity to come online to respond to the dross aimed at me through Sia fuller and a host of the bible thumpers here against me. Let me sort you lot out one by one starting with you Fantasia:

Jesus Wept! What have i done! I had no connectivity since yesterday And saw my post as an irrelevant post that wont get any serious replies  and it was until i got a phone call from my brother  this evening about what i posted before i believed it was true. I never expected this topic to be this known and i just needed the advice of few people to clear out a confusion that has been bothering me for a while and somehow it has gotten to him. I have been calling him since and he is not picking but he sent me a text that my prayers have been answered. Oh my God i dont know what to do now.

I have never heard him say such things before and i didnt think such topic could cause him to go awry. Please Funaya is your reading this, i meant no harm and i never knew things will go out of hand like this. Please dont let the devil make you make any rash decision about us now. You shouldnt be bothered what people say here. At least i knew you were an Atheist before i met you and i have stayed with you this long because i see beyond the religious divide who you are and what you mean to me personally. All these opinions here are personal opinions that are advisory and not necessarily what i should do or say.  I was the one that they were talking to not you and am the one to blame. God please lead me out of this temptation . . .  Funaya we cant throw away 4 years of our lives and things we shared  just because of what you read on the internet . . .  I am running mental here. Pick up your phone or at least reply the texts. As for you Labake i will sort you out personally when i am done sorting things with my boyfriend. If you think this has given you the avenue to replace me, you have something else coming. Am not throwing away 4 happy memorable years of my life because you saw a chance to play devil's advocate.

Jesus what kind of problem is this today!

Really Fantasia when your done sorting me out? Is that the best you can do. Well for those who dont know the genesis of this, let me tell the whole world about it since your so adept at telling porkies in a one sided manner thinking you can frighten me.

You were dating a fine specimen of a man women drooled over and considered you as one of the luckiest woman on the planet. He was everything a woman wants and being one of your best friends then, i always encouraged you to keep him and do him right. Of course we all knew he was an Atheist and he wouldnt hide it but who cared. We knew he joked about religion but never for once did he undermined you not being a christian. He encouraged you in so many ways to fulfill your spiritual life and you were always so happy of him. All of a sudden you started waffling around saying your parents dont know if its right to marry an athiest and your not sure if he is the right one for you because of his atheism. I warned you to stop such nonsense talk and discuss it with him and whatever problems you guys have about it, should be sorted amongst your self. I asked you if you loved him, you said yes, i asked him if you will trade him for anyone else, you said never in this life and you have been blessed knowing him, so what then was the problem.

2 days later you said you have been asking people around to get their opinions about his atheism and whether it will work and i warned you its the most dangerous thing to do and that will destroy your relationship. I continued to query you about following that path and not discussing it with him first or with more experienced people but you failed to heed my words. You now told me that you know of a website that advises Nigerians on relationships and you want to go there. I asked what the website was and you said Nairaland and i studied this website and told you that it is filled with a lot of immature and silly people spewing rubbish and the bible thumpers here will eat him raw for no reason and you shouldnt try it, but due to your obstinacy, you chose to ignore me and lay it out for the whole world to see.

I hope you have seen how foolish you were. You let these ill-bred whingers and good for nothing immature teenagers tear your ex boyfriend to shreds and made the poor boy feel so dejected. It was that moment i knew you didnt deserve him one bit and i had to show him the kind of person he was killing himself over trying to turn you into the most perfect girl on the planet with all his niceities. His response was bewildering and i knew he was really upset with you and for such a quiet person always smiling with no iota of hate or annoyance in his bones to come out fuming then i knew the game was up with you.

Do i feel sorry for you. Not one bit. You chose your Nairaland loving bible thumping friends over a genuine responsible man that most women pray to God for. You allowed them insult and insult this fellow because of what he believes in. What does it matter if your a muslim, xtian, jew, mormon, pagan etc. As long as the other partner treats you right and he is so responsible to you, religion shouldnt come in. You were so lucky that he was willing to give up his religious belieFS to make you happy concerning your future kids and how you become a better xtian but you threw it away.

He was so upset and dejected after he read all this unbridled load of waffle from all those xtian militant radical fundamentalists quoting and unquoting to disparage him and i let him know[b] POINT BLANK THAT YOUR NOT THE ONE FOR HIM[/b]. Because if you can go online to discuss a very private matter to disparge him despite all the wise counsel not to do so, you can poision him in future after listening to people. You dont have a mind of your own and you dare to threaten me with text messages and online bluffs because i have not been around.

FYI, i am telling you POINT BLANK AGAIN, You lost your opportunity and i am now firmly in your place as a very viable front runner to get him away from you. I have no apologies taking him away from you because you didn't deserve him in the first place. You took his happiness and love for granted and now all the tears in the world wont bring him back to you. I dont have to hide under the banner of juju or jazz or witchcraft or seduction or what ever silly excuse your precious Nairaland people will conjure to abuse me with. He needed comfort after you discomforted him badly and he has gotten it and seen that he has been wasting his time for 4 years trying to do right by you and all you could do was destroy your relationship by opening him up to be carved by these bible radicals. I am a xtian but not a die hard fundamentalist and i believe God judges us for all our actions individually but i wont allow a mere mortal that isnt God judge me while that same mortal is sinning in 25million ways doing other things ungodly and doesnt want to be judged. I warned you about them but you didnt listen.

Now i hear that you cry all day, whining to anyone who cares that i stole your boyfriend, sending text messages to him to apologize, got fired from your job because you couldn't focus properly, sending emissaries to beg him to take him back, that even your family is having serious problems with you because your brother who was having a blast in his NYSC courtesy of him is now redundant because he has cut off your brother's benefits and the company he arranged for your brother has fired him and he really blames you for his present predicaments. Like i said, you had your opportunity and blew it.

Shebi you want to marry a xtian brother at all cost abi? No problem! Why all the tears, they are around you. They are plenty on this site. Shebi the ones that cursed the hell out of him potraying him as a demon and a devil because he is an athiest are here waiting for you. At least Pastor Isaac who beat the living day light out of you that your EX saved you from and spent a fortune on you on your hospital bills is still there. Are you afraid of going back to him? At least he is a christian and according to our bible militants here, you need only a xtian man for your life to be saved. 

Fantasia, i dont want to be friends with you and i dont care about you any more. You think you can come online and debase 2 of us on this website filled with retarded people talking thrash 24/7 and get away with it. You can call your armies of supporters and they might score cheap points supporting you but be rest assured, the number one prize you crave for is no longer yours but ALL MINE and please LEAVE MY MAN ALONE So bring it on where ever you want the fight, i will be there to honor the request. I wont allow you soil our names anymore because you lost the battle for your man that your couldnt keep hold of.       

If your looking for someone to blame and carry all your frustrations, anger and beef for losing your man, dont look at me, Look at Nairaland that helped you destroyed your relationship. I am a beneficiary of your misfortune and i dont intend to walk your path of immaturity and sweet heart i do dream of having a swell life with him and trust me, No Nairaland would put asunder to this Union. Am not as Daft as you wink Am much younger and much prettier and not an old cargo like you.
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by ElRazur: 11:26pm On May 06, 2010
Can someone summarise it for me please.
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Doofan(f): 12:27am On May 07, 2010
wow,dis would make a good nollywood movie grin

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by kay0195: 1:41am On May 07, 2010
LOL Get a life. tongue
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by pristine(m): 3:23am On May 07, 2010
@poster, You sound like You have always craved for this dude and just took advantage of an opportunity but remember what goes around comes around, karma is a bitch

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by DualCore1: 4:47am On May 07, 2010
Lol was on the bed reading this from the pda and couldnt comprehend again. Had to jump unto the pc just to read this. So whats the summary. Labake don take Fanta guy cuz she tidied the dude's issue online? Awesome, case closed. Why's this a problem. I mean everyone should go home happy here. Fanta goes home happy cuz she doesnt have to face the man she's having double thoughts about anymore, now she has a chance of marrying a brother (god help you if that brother isnt worse than satan). Labake goes home happy with her reward for being the i'm-here-for you babe. Trust me ladies, there's always an i'm-here-for-you babe after your men  tongue. The dude in question goes home happy cuz he gets to be with someone who, by the look of things cares about him. And I go home happy cuz erm. . . in fact i am the only one not going home happy  angry

I'mma work wiv ma ex on this storyline, she's a producer. Oh how she'd love one mo' opportunity to work with me on something tongue. We can develop a story line from this. Hmmm thinking of a title.

Any titles in your head?
Make una talk o, i'm serious. I don mail the babe this story already. smiley
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by richjohn1(m): 8:48am On May 07, 2010
@OP
Say the truth openly you've always wanted Fantasia's guy! This is a lesson for babes be careful when introducing your BF to your friends grin

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Aproko(f): 10:29am On May 07, 2010
Labake,

From reading Funaya's post, it was obvious that you always wanted him for yourself and you were just waiting for the chance to pounce and good for you the chance has come. so you have no apologies and no sympathy right? thats good for you at least you are not ashamed to say that you are greatly enjoying another persons misery.

but look how fast Funaya dumped Fantasia, you think one day it wont be your turn? you think you will never make a mistake right? you believe Funaya will always need comfort abi? you think at the back of his mind Funaya will never wonder wether he judged Fantasia too harshly? you think he will never think of her? am sure you know you must be joking to think all that. what sort of christain are you anyway? you are no different from Pastor Isaac. Because what you have done to her is enough to send her to the hospital.

Now you dont want to speak with her again, I hope Fantasia is smart enough to leave you two alone, because she deserves better than a 'friend' like you and a boyfriend that has the hots for her 'friend'.

2 Likes

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by TewMuch: 11:28am On May 07, 2010
O.k labake, we are supposed to listen to you tell us how you are a w*h*o*r*e nd the rebound girl? This painfully long post shows how stupid and immature you are. And as for the guy, am sure he thinks you are a very easy lay.You come across as a real cheap backstabber.The way you get him is the way you lose him.Don't for a second think men don't think about how you were so easy to come by.And with someone without the fear of God? Oh my, you are in for a rude suprise.Your boyfriend is a really unserious person, if he truly loved anyone but himself he would realise his GF(Fantasia) needed to get opinions on this issue from strangers. Afterall she has a right to think about the issue properly before jumping into marriage.Quite frankly its obvious she did the right thing.If the guy is mature and with his wits he will call his GF to reconcile with her.Afterall she has come across as more sane than you are.Oloju kokoro, alaini kan se. Omo ma se anfani. Gboko gboko, ashewo. Olorinla. Ode.

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Rheinmetal(m): 11:30am On May 07, 2010
@OP

So what are you doing posting your slush on a "website filled with retarded people talking trash 24/7" Wouldn't be caught dead replying your silly post, but for that denegrating comment on your part.

Not judgmental are you? Well read your post again and tell me how many times you passed your infallibe judgment on your "old cargo" ex-friend.

You had to convince your "prize" that he was more deserving of you, and not his ex. Seems he is the one that does not have a mind of his own.

As for being a "beneficiary of misfortune," well, what more can I say, eh! more grease to your G-string.

2 Likes

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by pinkylady1(f): 11:48am On May 07, 2010
na wah oh. i dont know why girls of na wah days are fucking up so badly. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

come oh poster, u dont even have shame at all. where is your dignity? sure u dont have any

Labakoko:

Well for most of you that don't know the genesis of this topic, read the link here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-428658.0.html

I am the Labake a lot of you lily livered people on Nairaland have been dying to meet and with all your expletives directed at me, i really have your time today. Its just a shame i haven't had the opportunity to come online to respond to the dross aimed at me through Sia fuller and a host of the bible thumpers here against me. Let me sort you lot out one by one starting with you Fantasia:

Really Fantasia when your done sorting me out? Is that the best you can do. Well for those who dont know the genesis of this, let me tell the whole world about it since your so adept at telling porkies in a one sided manner thinking you can frighten me.

You were dating a fine specimen of a man women drooled over and considered you as one of the luckiest woman on the planet. He was everything a woman wants and being one of your best friends then, i always encouraged you to keep him and do him right. Of course we all knew he was an Atheist and he wouldnt hide it but who cared. We knew he joked about religion but never for once did he undermined you not being a christian. He encouraged you in so many ways to fulfill your spiritual life and you were always so happy of him. All of a sudden you started waffling around saying your parents dont know if its right to marry an athiest and your not sure if he is the right one for you because of his atheism. I warned you to stop such nonsense talk and discuss it with him and whatever problems you guys have about it, should be sorted amongst your self. I asked you if you loved him, you said yes, i asked him if you will trade him for anyone else, you said never in this life and you have been blessed knowing him, so what then was the problem.

2 days later you said you have been asking people around to get their opinions about his atheism and whether it will work and i warned you its the most dangerous thing to do and that will destroy your relationship. I continued to query you about following that path and not discussing it with him first or with more experienced people but you failed to heed my words. You now told me that you know of a website that advises Nigerians on relationships and you want to go there. I asked what the website was and you said Nairaland and i studied this website and told you that it is filled with a lot of immature and silly people spewing rubbish and the bible thumpers here will eat him raw for no reason and you shouldnt try it, but due to your obstinacy, you chose to ignore me and lay it out for the whole world to see.

I hope you have seen how foolish you were. You let these ill-bred whingers and good for nothing immature teenagers tear your ex boyfriend to shreds and made the poor boy feel so dejected. It was that moment i knew you didnt deserve him one bit and i had to show him the kind of person he was killing himself over trying to turn you into the most perfect girl on the planet with all his niceities. His response was bewildering and i knew he was really upset with you and for such a quiet person always smiling with no iota of hate or annoyance in his bones to come out fuming then i knew the game was up with you.

Do i feel sorry for you. Not one bit. You chose your Nairaland loving bible thumping friends over a genuine responsible man that most women pray to God for. You allowed them insult and insult this fellow because of what he believes in. What does it matter if your a muslim, xtian, jew, mormon, pagan etc. As long as the other partner treats you right and he is so responsible to you, religion shouldnt come in. You were so lucky that he was willing to give up his religious belieFS to make you happy concerning your future kids and how you become a better xtian but you threw it away.

He was so upset and dejected after he read all this unbridled load of waffle from all those xtian militant radical fundamentalists quoting and unquoting to disparage him and i let him know[b] POINT BLANK THAT YOUR NOT THE ONE FOR HIM[/b]. Because if you can go online to discuss a very private matter to disparge him despite all the wise counsel not to do so, you can poision him in future after listening to people. You dont have a mind of your own and you dare to threaten me with text messages and online bluffs because i have not been around.

FYI, i am telling you POINT BLANK AGAIN, You lost your opportunity and i am now firmly in your place as a very viable front runner to get him away from you. I have no apologies taking him away from you because you didn't deserve him in the first place. You took his happiness and love for granted and now all the tears in the world wont bring him back to you. I dont have to hide under the banner of juju or jazz or witchcraft or seduction or what ever silly excuse your precious Nairaland people will conjure to abuse me with. He needed comfort after you discomforted him badly and he has gotten it and seen that he has been wasting his time for 4 years trying to do right by you and all you could do was destroy your relationship by opening him up to be carved by these bible radicals. I am a xtian but not a die hard fundamentalist and i believe God judges us for all our actions individually but i wont allow a mere mortal that isnt God judge me while that same mortal is sinning in 25million ways doing other things ungodly and doesnt want to be judged. I warned you about them but you didnt listen.

Now i hear that you cry all day, whining to anyone who cares that i stole your boyfriend, sending text messages to him to apologize, got fired from your job because you couldn't focus properly, sending emissaries to beg him to take him back, that even your family is having serious problems with you because your brother who was having a blast in his NYSC courtesy of him is now redundant because he has cut off your brother's benefits and the company he arranged for your brother has fired him and he really blames you for his present predicaments. Like i said, you had your opportunity and blew it.

Shebi you want to marry a xtian brother at all cost abi? No problem! Why all the tears, they are around you. They are plenty on this site. Shebi the ones that cursed the hell out of him potraying him as a demon and a devil because he is an athiest are here waiting for you. At least Pastor Isaac who beat the living day light out of you that your EX saved you from and spent a fortune on you on your hospital bills is still there. Are you afraid of going back to him? At least he is a christian and according to our bible militants here, you need only a xtian man for your life to be saved.

Fantasia, i dont want to be friends with you and i dont care about you any more. You think you can come online and debase 2 of us on this website filled with retarded people talking thrash 24/7 and get away with it. You can call your armies of supporters and they might score cheap points supporting you but be rest assured, the number one prize you crave for is no longer yours but ALL MINE and please LEAVE MY MAN ALONE So bring it on where ever you want the fight, i will be there to honor the request. I wont allow you soil our names anymore because you lost the battle for your man that your couldnt keep hold of.

If your looking for someone to blame and carry all your frustrations, anger and beef for losing your man, dont look at me, Look at Nairaland that helped you destroyed your relationship. I am a beneficiary of your misfortune and i dont intend to walk your path of immaturity and sweet heart i do dream of having a swell life with him and trust me, No Nairaland would put asunder to this Union. Am not as Daft as you wink Am much younger and much prettier and not an old cargo like you.

u dont have a heart at all and i promise you this aint gonna last, not a course oh

but u'll see

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Odunnu: 12:19pm On May 07, 2010
Na wa o!Datz y I dnt hv female friends.
Dem lot r so terrible.
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by blackmann(m): 1:03pm On May 07, 2010
Summary:- u snatched your friend's boyfriend. No matter the explanation u give, the point still remains the same. U are shameless and heartless. It's girls like u who give other nice girls bad names and make men push around trying to have multiple lady friends. why u shld do this is beyond my reasoning, except as yoruba's will say, "o fe oju mo nkan ti ko n shey ti e"( i know u understand cos u are a yoruba girl). Very wrong move girl. dnt complain if he dumps your sorry butt sometimes in the future, and i'm 101% sure that will be after he has screwed you raw and white.

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Dalby(m): 2:55pm On May 07, 2010
This is definitely a scam cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by sashaa(f): 6:01pm On May 07, 2010
@ poster u a horrible person!!
*spits* tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Cantaloop: 6:30pm On May 07, 2010
Just read the whole story from the beginning and am at cross roads here. Why is nobody seeing the role Nairaland played to destroy Sia fuller's relationship. I was in shock to see christians condemn a person almost to death when he didnt do anything wrong apart from that he was an athiest in principle but he treated her like a queen more than most xtian brothers would do. His reaction was really deep felt and i could feel his pains coming to terms with how he was throughly abused by some christians here. Am sure if they had guns, they could kill him because he is not a xtian. Why would Sia now bring her problems to Nairaland knowing fully well that she is not going to get any intelligent answer and when labake advised her, she should have taken heed to her advise but now she has lost her family, lost her fiancee, lost her friend all because she exposed her private life to Nairaland. I dont blame Labake one bit for reporting her but labake should have been a forgiving type to allow her wallowin her mistake and learn from it. Maybe Labake had eyes on Funaya all the while and Sia gave her enough reasons and the opening to step in.

The moral of the story is for us to keep our relationship issues to ourselves and not expose it to online forums because it could lead to the destruction of a perfectly good relationship.

Meanwhile where are all the christian brothers that were bashing the guy and encouraging Sia to leave him because he was a devil?? grin You see life and human beings? They destroyed a perfectly good relationship and when the problems came, they left Sia all alone to face the music and they cant lift a finger to help. Labake is truely the beneficiary of this story and kudos to her for being smart! I dont buy the idea that Funaya might leave Labake at the end because he sounds like a decent guy and only got upset when Sia allowed her relationship to be taken public and he probably got more upset reading all the insults hurled at him. If Labake learns to understand him, they could be happy together.

just my 2pence sha o!!!

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by IyaBasira: 7:39pm On May 07, 2010
Cantaloop:

Just read the whole story from the beginning and am at cross roads here. Why is nobody seeing the role Nairaland played to destroy Sia fuller's relationship. I was in shock to see christians condemn a person almost to death when he didnt do anything wrong apart from that he was an athiest in principle but he treated her like a queen more than most xtian brothers would do. His reaction was really deep felt and i could feel his pains coming to terms with how he was throughly abused by some christians here. Am sure if they had guns, they could kill him because he is not a xtian. Why would Sia now bring her problems to Nairaland knowing fully well that she is not going to get any intelligent answer and when labake advised her, she should have taken heed to her advise but now she has lost her family, lost her fiancee, lost her friend all because she exposed her private life to Nairaland. I dont blame Labake one bit for reporting her but labake should have been a forgiving type to allow her wallowin her mistake and learn from it. Maybe Labake had eyes on Funaya all the while and Sia gave her enough reasons and the opening to step in.

The moral of the story is for us to keep our relationship issues to ourselves and not expose it to online forums because it could lead to the destruction of a perfectly good relationship.

Meanwhile where are all the christian brothers that were bashing the guy and encouraging Sia to leave him because he was a devil?? grin You see life and human beings? They destroyed a perfectly good relationship and when the problems came, they left Sia all alone to face the music and they cant lift a finger to help. Labake is truely the beneficiary of this story and kudos to her for being smart! I dont buy the idea that Funaya might leave Labake at the end because he sounds like a decent guy and only got upset when Sia allowed her relationship to be taken public and he probably got more upset reading all the insults hurled at him. If Labake learns to understand him, they could be happy together.

just my 2pence sha o!!!

You made some good points but we have to remember that her religion was too big an issue for her to let go of. Let's face facts here. The Bible itself says that someone who is born again shall not " yoke themselves unequally with unbelievers". Obviously she loves her God but theres also one problem. She loves her bf as well. I think all she wanted was some advice. I personally did not contribute to the topic she posted because I thought she knew what she had to do but was too scared to face it.
But the truth is this. Any marriage or relationship built without God as its center will not stand. That is the bitter truth. If you think I am lying, then take
this relationship as an example. Look at what happened. As soon as it hit the rocks, her ex- bf ran to Labake . God has actually given her an answer in the best way possible and he has been very kind to her in doing so. If she is smart, she will realize that this means that God is either saying an outright No, or that It is Not yet time for this relationship to blossom. All she needs to do now is keep praying two points ;

a) That God reveals her soulmate to her
b) That whether ex- bf is her her soulmate or not, that God reveals himself to him.

We cant blame her for other people's reactions to her topic, neither can we blame her for seeking advice. I am sure that if she could see into the future she would have done so but alas, we cannot and that is why we need the opinions of others. If Sia Fuller ever reads this post , I hope she remembers that terrible things happen and sometimes we cause them ourselves but Jesus Loves you no matter what. And is this not better than a marriage which breaks based on differences in religion?

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 07, 2010
Well you've done what you always wanted eh - steal Fantasia's man. Why the need to "explain" here? And to think you called us the "immature" folks? grin

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Cantaloop: 8:05pm On May 07, 2010
Well thats funny David because reading through the previous posts you were the main antagonist against Sia being with her ex boyfriend because he was an atheist and i read where he complained bitterly about the way you and some guys accused him without giving him the chance to explain himself or know who he was. All this while Labake wasnt in the picture. So if you havent contributed to the downfall of her relationship with all those remarks, i dont think Labake will remotely be close to her ex talkless of being his new lover. Besides how come everyone ignores the good things the ex did and focus strictly on his atheism? Does being an atheist mean he is a demon and a bad boyfriend? Does it mean xtian boyfriends are the best only because i can name instances personally where i have been at the recieving end of xtian/born again boyfriends who were very irresponsible and hopelessly useless to say the least. In my own opinion i think the poor fella needs to be given a break and people should stop being bigots
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 07, 2010
cantaloop, what is really funny is your post . . . now lets go through it bit by bit.

Cantaloop:

Well thats funny David because reading through the previous posts you were the main antagonist against Sia being with her ex boyfriend because he was an atheist

Is this really true? Well thats only if you read page 1 of the entire 12 page thread (but that's really not a surprise considering many of you are too lazy to read beyond the first page and then proceed to pontificate on an issue you are largely ignorant of).

Lets do the maths . . . out of 382 posts . . . i made an outstanding total of exactly 15 posts! So much for being the "main antagonist"! shocked Out of those 15 posts, only 6 are directed at the the topic itself, 5 were in response to wirinet! Did you claim you actually read the thread again?

Cantaloop:

and i read where he complained bitterly about the way you and some guys accused him without giving him the chance to explain himself or know who he was.

Unfortunately that is not how a forum operates. Our gentleman here cannot blame us, we didnt walk into his house and accuse him of stealing, we basically gave an opinion on what his gf wanted to clarify. We do have a right to our opinion though i'm sure you are aware.

Cantaloop:

All this while Labake wasnt in the picture.

Really? Because Labake is the SOLE reason the bf even got to find out about the thread in the first place!

Cantaloop:

So if you havent contributed to the downfall of her relationship with all those remarks, i dont think Labake will remotely be close to her ex talkless of being his new lover.

Ok this is becoming ridiculous. How exactly did we "contribute to the downfall" of a relationship? What exactly should our "remarks" have been? Is Sia's boyfriend so flaky and immature that he would throw away a 4 yr relationship and then rebound ALMOST IMMEDIATELY with his ex-fiancee's BEST FRIEND just because of a few anonymous opinions? Where we the ones who printed the thread and DHLed it to his office?

Cantaloop:

Besides how come everyone ignores the good things the ex did and focus strictly on his atheism?

Because that was STRICTLY the question Sia asked us to help her with . . . let me read her post to you again - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-428658.0.html#msg5871354

Cantaloop:

Does being an atheist mean he is a demon and a bad boyfriend?

where did we say so?

Cantaloop:

Does it mean xtian boyfriends are the best only because i can name instances personally where i have been at the recieving end of xtian/born again boyfriends who were very irresponsible and hopelessly useless to say the least.

Where again did we say so?

Cantaloop:

In my own opinion i think the poor fella needs to be given a break and people should stop being bigots

In my opinion i think the fella needs to grow a spine.

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Odunnu: 9:07pm On May 07, 2010
U get enof time Dave!!
In my opinion,dat Labake gal is what i call an 'unfriendly friend'.
She hz d guts 2come online and spew ds gabbage and expct us 2rise in 'standing' ovation on her 'achievment'
Least I forget,dat ur 'old cargo' friend was once a vry fresh new chasis,pray u live up to being 'old cargo'(mayGOD help u)
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Synthase(m): 10:09pm On May 07, 2010
I said it, this is super story of the highest order a pathetic attempt by someone to practice nollywood script writing. Indeed we are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by octar6: 11:15pm On May 07, 2010
for labake mind she don win world cup.enjoy y it lasts. when dem drive tear rubber finish,e go still enter old cargo levels too.
Enjoy d nackin while it lasts. angry

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by rickie4us(m): 11:29pm On May 07, 2010
to god be the glory
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by vescucci(m): 11:35pm On May 07, 2010
The story is true. It has all the 'little things'

To tell you the truth, I'm so pent up with emotion right now. Truly I thought I had understood how terrible human beings can be. Many many people call me naive and too trusting. They tell me I'm too open.

To sum it up, I'm not sure yet if there's anyone I truly hate but, Labake, I do not like you one bit. I detest everything that you are. I cannot wrap my head around you taking glee from the misfortune of someone who was supposed to be your friend. You have evil in you and I swear I've never been so disgusted by another human being. I'm glad that you are faceless for you would plague my dreams.

Fantasia. Many people think you were stupid for coming here. I think you were too because your problem was not knowing the options. Your problem was choosing. Either your family or your man. I can understand the terrible conundrum that must have been because I've dated someone like you. In this whole thing your crime was folly but that is not the trait of evil or good. I don't know if you'll read this but I have advice and I wish you'll take it. Leave the two lovers alone. If Funaya is truly your man, he'll miss you and come back. Just leave the door open in case he's either too proud or too ashamed to knock. If he doesn't come back, then you may thank Labake's talons for snatching him away. Plus there's no age limit for true love. Not 30 or 40 or 70. Wait. If you don't find the right bloke, don't marry. Marriage is not key to happiness. You'll be ok.

Mr. Funaya. To me you're one of two things.

An idiot for letting the asinine writings of religious hotheads spoil a thing you had going for four years. It only shows how much you thought of the relationship. If you for one second think that that psychopath Labake is capable of true love - hell, she's probably not capable of warmth - then you'll suffer long.

Or you're a spoilt kid who thinks the world revolves around him. Your calm is a false one and is only to emotionally sabotage people. If you're like this then I hope you and Labake have a happy life. At least until she dumps you for someone else.

A word of advice though. Never love a woman because of things that will change. If you think Labake is younger and prettier, well, that won't last forever. My mum says a yoruba proverb to me which roughly translates: character is like smoke. The unsaid conclusion is that one can never hide it. For too long at least.

I propose this thread be locked. Low lifes will feast on it.
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by jarkbauer: 11:36pm On May 07, 2010
she did lose nothing.you are the big loser.if she loved and wanted him her heart and mind would never entained doubts.carry on slowpoke!!!
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by vescucci(m): 12:17am On May 08, 2010
Say again? You musta spoken into my bad ear
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Dalby(m): 1:18pm On May 08, 2010
You made some good points but we have to remember that her religion was too big an issue for her to let go of. Let's face facts here. The Bible itself says that someone who is born again shall not " yoke themselves unequally with unbelievers". Obviously she loves her God but theres also one problem. She loves her bf as well. I think all she wanted was some advice. I personally did not contribute to the topic she posted because I thought she knew what she had to do but was too scared to face it.
But the truth is this. Any marriage or relationship built without God as its center will not stand. That is the bitter truth. If you think I am lying, then take
this relationship as an example. Look at what happened. As soon as it hit the rocks, her ex- bf ran to Labake . God has actually given her an answer in the best way possible and he has been very kind to her in doing so. If she is smart, she will realize that this means that God is either saying an outright No, or that It is Not yet time for this relationship to blossom. All she needs to do now is keep praying two points ;

a) That God reveals her soulmate to her
b) That whether ex- bf is her her soulmate or not, that God reveals himself to him.

We cant blame her for other people's reactions to her topic, neither can we blame her for seeking advice. I am sure that if she could see into the future she would have done so but alas, we cannot and that is why we need the opinions of others. If Sia Fuller ever reads this post , I hope she remembers that terrible things happen and sometimes we cause them ourselves but Jesus Loves you no matter what. And is this not better than a marriage which breaks based on differences in religion?

The bitter truth is that it has not been statistically proven undecided
Moreso did I hear someone say that Benny Hinn's wife is asking for a divorse, or is it just my mind playing tricks on me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
The truth is that there is no formula to life or living. If a christian accidentally hits his hand with a hammer and an pagan worshipper does the same thing, the effect of the hammer will be the same in both cases regardless of your religious affiliations undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by mrmayor(m): 7:19pm On May 15, 2010
[size=13pt]Marriages built on Jesus, Bible and God.[/size]

[size=14pt]Benny Hinn.
Paula Whyte.
Prophetes Juanita Bynum.
Ted Haggard[/size]
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by Travelista(f): 7:40pm On May 15, 2010
Wait, wait! Didn't Funaya dump Fantasia for speaking about their relationship in a public forum? And isn't Labake doing the same thing? Something in the milk ain't clean.

Anyway, sha, I expect to be listed amongst the 'Thank Yous' during the movie's rolling credits; calling me 'Travelista of NL' is just fine. I refuse to believe this isn't a movie script. I absolutely refuse.
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by boomii(f): 7:54pm On May 15, 2010
I just don't get it, who is this B.I.T.C.H that thinks she has won a battle,close your eyes and open it before you do that I'm sure this dude will leave you.
You no-good,bad mouthed rebound bitch, so annoying angry
The battle ain't over yet,
Re: Part 2 :My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family& Friends Hate Him by DeepSoul(f): 8:37pm On May 15, 2010
Una get time oh grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Know A True And Genuine Love If I Found One? / Can You Allow Your Single Friend To Live With You In Your Matrimonial Home? / Could It Mean That I'm Dating A Runs Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.