Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:15 AM

"Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed (27945 Views)

Kabir Bala 'OKWO' Shot Dead Hours After Kogi Govt Revoked His Pardon / #JusticeForRinji: Soldiers Shoot Rinji Peter Bala, UNIJOS Student Dead (Graphic) / Malam Niga’s Rehabilitation Centre Kaduna: 147 Victims Rescued (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Elliot2(m): 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
It is amazing seeing these guys call me a northerner simply cos I have a different opinion today. DAT year wey I dey support Biafra una hail me o. lol. #hypocrites!
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Elliot2(m): 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2018
Onenaira1:

Go and arrest pharmacist for selling cough syrup due to you drug addicts need to get high. While I'm at it, arrest dogs and cows too for peeing since you addicts love sniffing it to feed your habit. Drug addicts
if at the end of the discourse there is a good reason to ban it in the north,then they will. And it will become a crime to sell it. Haven't there been drugs that were in use but banned now?
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by obialinaeze(m): 11:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

That is Osu logic for you.
This is why they have flatthead
codeine is not prohibited by any law. So keep quiet if don't know what to say. Abusing drugs is who's fault?
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Pedrojnr31: 11:58pm On Apr 03, 2018
See them everything is igbo,its alright continue
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Pedrojnr31: 12:01am On Apr 04, 2018
Elliot2:
if at the end of the discourse there is a good reason to ban it in the north,then they will. And it will become a crime to sell it. Haven't there been drugs that were in use but banned now?
It can never be ban in North cos they like highness more than any other thing
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by revontuli(f): 12:02am On Apr 04, 2018
Blue3k:
What a clown so it's the Igbos that made you guys into junkies. Did they force money out of your pocket or drugs in your body. In order for an economic transaction to occurs you need two willing participants. You think there's no drug dealing in SE? Lol the market is just better in North because there's lots of codeine crazy folks. You don't automatically become a codeine junkie just by having a few cups. Its takes repeated use at high doses.

Front Page: lalasticlala mynd44

Opioid/painkiller/sedative type drug problems are always linked to unemployment/underemployment and poverty. People abuse drugs when they see no hope, no prospects for the future. America's opioid crisis started when the industries shut down in the rust belt.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Elliot2(m): 12:10am On Apr 04, 2018
Pedrojnr31:
It can never be ban in North cos they like highness more than any other thing
it is not my biz with that.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by tiger28: 1:46am On Apr 04, 2018
sonnie10:

Have you ever questioned the environmental impact and health issues in SS and parts of SE caused by all the unregulated oil exploration of which 100% of the companies are owned by the northerners?
what does SS have to do with SEwhich "environmental " impact does the oil exploration in SS has to do with SE?. You igbos and this "attache by force" with our SS oil. SE does not have "commercially exportable " oil so stop talking about "our" oil. Shameless pigs, shameless ppl!!!
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:36am On Apr 04, 2018
Ngokafor:

Your inherent problem is blaming all but yourselves for the rot and mess in your lives and region..It is you drug-addicts that turned a hitherto 'innocent' cough syrup which we all took as kids into a hard drug..

So Who supplies the glue,tyre e.t.c you sniff as well.??...Perhaps suppliers of tyres and glue should be blamed for the shameful tyre and glue-sniffing prevalent among you people..'Vulnerable' my foot!!....Go attend to your dysfunctional family system which breeds almajiris and drug junkies and quit calling Igbos..

That was how you all shamelessly blamed Southerners for bokoharam you orchestrated,nutured and kept alive.

The facts have emerged that your ppl have been identified as the major suppliers of illicit drugs to the region and therefore responsible for contributing towards the addiction of our youths - note we are not denying or refusing to accept the culpability of our youths in this regard but simply x-raying the problem and trying to find solutions for it - hence reason for holding the lecture.

It is also factually correct to say that your ppl are notoriously known for drug pushing; this explains why many of them are being returned from overseas in caskets as well as populating many international prisons, including death rows for drug dealing thereby giving this country a bad name.

It is equally factually correct to say that most governments/countries approach their drug problems by identifying the dealer as the main culprit and going after him with heavy punishment

The truth must be told; if you don't like it then tell your blodas to stop dealing in drugs.

As for the blame game; well, we all know who are being tagged the Wailing Wailers - deal with it.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:43am On Apr 04, 2018
Blue3k:
Write your reps about it. Just remember to solve demand problem those kids still need rehab. They'll still be looking for the drugs.

Everybody knows that the standard approach is to cut off the supply by heavily going after the pusher for sustaining the addict and profiting out of his misery.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by kettykin: 4:43am On Apr 04, 2018
Bede2u:
Until u all come to the negotiating table to negotiate our continual existence as a country, the Igbos will keep taking advantage of the economic situation in the country.

1. We will keep selling fake china products to u all and use the money u pay us to buy ur ancestral lands from u.

2. We will keep selling drugs to u all and stand back and watch y'all destroy urselves.

3. We will keep selling awka-made guns to u all and watch with glee as u all kill each other due to ur usual brand of religion and politics.

Divide the damn county if u dont like us. We will not apologise for selling wat u need to u. Demand determines supply. Nonsense ppl.

Igbo amaka

You are not igbo
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by nkem12345(m): 5:29am On Apr 04, 2018
The north abuse tramadol and codeine at the highest level. A pharmacist sells it and you go to buy , then you say Igbos are responsible.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by emijo(m): 5:59am On Apr 04, 2018
Dumb head!
Your Buhari has been blaming Jonathan since he became president after his many failures, now it's your turn to blame Igbos for ur junkie brothers that are drug addicts.
Maybe I will start blaming Mama Sikira for the alcohol I consume in her shop every evening.
Idiotic Don with fish brain.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by obstead200(m): 6:27am On Apr 04, 2018
Elliot2:
so when Mexicans are fingered as top players of hard drug smuggling to the US,so that becomes hate speech even though the stats are there?
Americans do not have the same demographic, social, cultural and political situation we have in Nigeria. Moreover they are far more civilized than our northern brothers. They wont start a pogrom based on the opinions of one senseless idiot.

So there is no basis to compare both situation.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by obstead200(m): 6:31am On Apr 04, 2018
Elliot2:
It was ur uncle Azikiwe who made everything difficult for everyone,so stop the rant about granting u Biafra here.
how? How did that my useless uncle make it difficult?
Even at that, Are u so dumb not to realise that it is in the power of ur uncle (or ur slave master) the president to un-make it difficult?
Why do u guys always love to make excuses and trade blames even when none is needed?
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by DavIkenna(m): 6:35am On Apr 04, 2018
iykecicero:

“So, why shouldn’t they take it to their region? Why don’t their youth engage in drug abuse? This is really sad, and we have to rise up to fight this menace, ” he lamented.

Hmm thought it was one Nigeria. "Take it to their region", but u said u no tribal matter. After all ur people across country, no b dere major source of income. All this mallam shop for east, Lagos, in fact across Nigeria, which of them wey no dey sell 'Jedi', 'cigar', 'tramadol', 'codeine', 'Indian hemp', etc ?
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by DavIkenna(m): 6:37am On Apr 04, 2018
iykecicero:

“So, why shouldn’t they take it to their region? Why don’t their youth engage in drug abuse? This is really sad, and we have to rise up to fight this menace, ” he lamented.

Hmm thought it was one Nigeria. "Take it to their region", but u said u no tribal matter. After all ur people across country, no b dere major source of income. All this aboki shop for east, Lagos, in fact across Nigeria, which of them wey no dey sell drugs', etc ?
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by oyetunder(m): 6:45am On Apr 04, 2018
engrchykae:
an omonile like you won't understand that the igbos don't give a damn.
The igbos are even looking for such massacre so that they will prove to the world their strong reason for Biafra.
The social media is very available to do the work.
Now get lost
Before i get lost, I pray you will be one of the victims. You are so uneducated and narrow minded that you reason upside down like a pedestrian observer.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by 0monnak0da: 7:31am On Apr 04, 2018
There is no need for any additional ban just enforce the existing rule which is

No prescription no cough syrup with codeine.
There are dozens of cough syrups that DO NOT contain codeine.

Secondly enforce the regulation of Pharmacies that supply codeine containing cough syrups without employing a pharmacist

or seeing a Prescription

Finally keep a record of the person who was supplied the drug

A lot of people assume heroin(diamorphine) and morphine are BANNED . They are not they can be prescribed and are classed as "CONTROLLED DRUGS" just like codeine is a controlled drug.

If we enforce controlled drug regulations then that would help put the problem in prspective.

Most of thos selling Tramadol or codeine containing cough syrups do not have a shop
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Ngokafor(f): 7:31am On Apr 04, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

The facts have emerged that your ppl have been identified as the major suppliers of illicit drugs to the region and therefore responsible for contributing towards the addiction of our youths - note we are not denying or refusing to accept the culpability of our youths in this regard but simply x-raying the problem and trying to find solutions for it - hence reason for holding the lecture.

It is also factually correct to say that your ppl are notoriously known for drug pushing; this explains why many of them are being returned from overseas in caskets as well as populating many international prisons, including death rows for drug dealing thereby giving this country a bad name.

It is equally factually correct to say that most governments/countries approach their drug problems by identifying the dealer as the main culprit and going after him with heavy punishment

The truth must be told; if you don't like it then tell your blodas to stop dealing in drugs.

As for the blame game; well, we all know who are being tagged the Wailing Wailers - deal with it.

What an illiterate postulation,i will use four sentences to sum up your epistle.

..1)Nigeria is not among listed as a major drug trafficking country unlike your bokoharam group listed among the World's dealiest terrorist group..Your fulani herdsmen were added to the list too,therefore you northern muslims are more of a menace than any other group of people..Death and destruction follows you around where ever you go..

..2)The number of 'my brothers' brought back in caskets from drug trafficking overseas is way below the number of yours blown into smittens or killed by security forces for terrorism.

..3)keep blaming the whole world for the rot and mess in your lives till you finish yourselves by yourselves.

..4)Cough Syrup and painkillers will continue to be sold because they are not banned substances,you can keep packing cartons of them to feed your drug addiction..its your business and your funeral....period.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by RillJ(m): 7:41am On Apr 04, 2018
Dumb, dumber, dumbest!

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 04, 2018
Elliot2:
blame Azikiwe! The fact remains that those that have been arrested are major Igbo's,and you can dispute that stat. Whether the northers are unintelligent or not,it is criminal for your brothers to take advantage of them by selling substances that are easily abused by the consumers esp. hard drugs. The recent surge on prevalence in hard drug abuse among the youths in my area is due to the advent of foreigners into the community,mostly the Igbo's. it is a fact.

Instead of pointing fingers at Igbos, why don't you look inwards and figure out why the demand is highest in the North? Your elites are often more concerned with holding on to power at the centre, but forget to address existential problems of poverty, despair, and faux piety, and yet wonder why their youths are in love with getting high. It's obvious that young northerners are using these substances as escapism.

Whatever religious mores you espouse, you cant cheat the natural order of things: try to stifle the budding sexuality of young people through segregation, and scare tactics, and you have large swathes of homosexualism and anal sex (as is prevalent up North); ban alcohol, and folks look for alternatives in weird substances.

As far back as 2002, when I was getting into university, my friends (a couple of who are now proper junkies) that schooled in the north have been giving me gist of the substances they abuse to get high, and how a lot of girls prefer taking it through the back-door to preserve the illusion of 'virginity'.

Young Northerners should better start holding their elites accountable, cos there are so many things cropping up in that region, that I foresee it imploding in another 30 years. The herdsmen and boko-haram crisis are from years of not addressing desertification and numbing poverty; religious fundamentalism is from years of pursuing a policy of deliberate illiteracy. The projections of huge demographic growth, with no corresponding growth in economic opportunities across Nigeria (much worse up North) would birth the mother of all social catastrophes.

If the North still thinks its invincible, it should carefully re-think: Ahmadu Bello's one North is falling apart - starting with the rumbles in the North-Central. And oh, for any southerner cheering at the news of gloom in the north, let's just say you dont want to share borders with a failed region - even if you secede to form your own country.

1 Like

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by daveson2020(m): 8:37am On Apr 04, 2018
And they are forcing it down your abokin brothers throat?. You also sounds like a drug abuser too.

Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by thedondada(m): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2018
RogueX:
grin grin grin grin

Anyways who is dumber, the drug seller or the buyer/user?

This talk.

When you want water you go to where it's sold. The person selling water won't ask if you are thirsty he gives you water and collects tour dough. If you like pour the water on the road it's your business.

These northerners are actually very silly. Look at what a university don is spewing.

No wonder they are backward. Like that a work chewing kunu drinking dullard
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ngokafor:

What an illiterate postulation,i will use four sentences to sum up your epistle.

..1)Nigeria is not among listed as a major drug trafficking country unlike your bokoharam group listed among the World's dealiest terrorist group..Your fulani herdsmen were added to the list too,therefore you northern muslims are more of a menace than any other group of people..Death and destruction follows you around where ever you go..

..2)The number of 'my brothers' brought back in caskets from drug trafficking overseas is way below the number of yours blown into smittens or killed by security forces for terrorism.

..3)keep blaming the whole world for the rot and mess in your lives till you finish yourselves by yourselves.

..4)Cough Syrup and painkillers will continue to be sold because they are not banned substances,you can keep packing cartons of them to feed your drug addiction..its your business and your funeral....period.

You indirectly called me an illiterate yet you were the one showcasing a defective thought process akin to that of a typical educated illiterate.

First of all, kindly be reminded that the central issue at hand was about those behind the drug abuse in the north and nothing else; therefore stick to the topic.

Secondly, all I had said were quite factual, nothing was postulated; though you are free to prove otherwise.

Finally; what you wrote was not a summary but a response to my post - most of which were quite illogical and irrelevant and clearly not consisting of four but more sentences than otherwise claimed - basic errors, an educated person like yourself shouldn't have made.
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by Bede2u(m): 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
kettykin:

You are not igbo
Why? because i wont apologise to ìdiots who say Igbos are responsible for there drug habits? undecided bìtch pls
Re: "Igbo Behind Drug Abuse In The North" - Malam Bala Mohammed by engrchykae(m): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2018
Elliot2:
I no know. make u tell me
its left for you to find out.
I won't tell you what you are supposed to know.
It is people like you that think that it was the federal government that killed ken saro wiwa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Arrested At Cambodia Airport With Drugs In Their Stomachs In Court / Unidentified Man Found Dead In The Back Seat Of A Car In Akwa Ibom. Photo / Barrenness: Wife Attacks Husband With Acid in Ibadan (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.