Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,739 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:52 PM

We Are All Guilty Of This:taking From The Poor And Giving To The Rich - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are All Guilty Of This:taking From The Poor And Giving To The Rich (489 Views)

Pastor Carlton Apologizes After Calling Church Members ‘poor’ And ‘broke’ / My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? / Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are All Guilty Of This:taking From The Poor And Giving To The Rich by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 04, 2018
Most of us are guilty of this and l ask, WHY?

She asked him, 'How much are you selling the eggs for?'
The old egg seller replied, 50naira for an egg,Madam

She said to him, 'I will take 6 eggs for 250 naira or I will leave.'
The old seller replied, 'Come take them at the price you want. May be, this is a good beginning because I have not been able to sell even a single egg today.'

She took the eggs and walked away feeling she has won. She got into her fancy car and went to a posh restaurant with her friend. There, she and her friend, ordered whatever they liked. They ate a little and left a lot of what they ordered. Then she went to pay the bill. The bill cost her 3500 naira and she gave 4000 naira and asked the owner of the restaurant to keep the change.

This incident might have seemed quite normal to the owner but, very painful to the poor egg seller.

The point is,
Why do we always show we have the power when we buy from the needy ones? And why do we get generous to those who do not even need our generosity?

I once read somewhere:

'My father used to buy simple goods from poor people at high prices, even though he did not need them. Sometimes he even used to pay extra for them. I got concerned by this act and asked him why does he do so? Then my father replied, "It is a charity wrapped with dignity, my child”

We need to carry out our charity work in this little way, we would never know the problems we are solving indirectly

4 Likes

Re: We Are All Guilty Of This:taking From The Poor And Giving To The Rich by DrPurple(m): 12:55am On Apr 04, 2018
Thank You. Most People Don't Know It Is Bad, They Thought It Is Normal... #Purple
Re: We Are All Guilty Of This:taking From The Poor And Giving To The Rich by sirusX(m): 1:13am On Apr 04, 2018
There's always someone in need out there....it's up to you to be an angel to those you meet along the way.

Though you can't feed the whole world, but you can make a difference in the life of one

1 Like

Re: We Are All Guilty Of This:taking From The Poor And Giving To The Rich by Nobody: 1:16am On Apr 04, 2018
I don't know but I have always done this.

I can't bear the grammar of some market women.

It's better to lose money, than lose your life.
Re: We Are All Guilty Of This:taking From The Poor And Giving To The Rich by internationalman(m): 1:49am On Apr 04, 2018
call me old fashioned but I don't like patronising expensive restaurant cos I have an allergy for over delicious meal....I like simple and less ingredients food....

As per your topic, I think people act so towards the petty traders bcoz their wares are priceable.

They should always have a fixed price for their goods, that way you pay for the exact worth of the goods and instead of collecting from them you might end up giving to them.

1 Like

Re: We Are All Guilty Of This:taking From The Poor And Giving To The Rich by Nobody: 4:39am On Apr 04, 2018
well life is not fair such things are bound to happen.

2 Likes

Re: We Are All Guilty Of This:taking From The Poor And Giving To The Rich by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
TarOrfeek:

I don't know but I have always done this.
I can't bear the grammar of some market women.
It's better to lose money, than lose your life.
Lol

(1) (Reply)

. / What's Driving You? / “let Us Not Turn The Middle East Into Dark Stretches Of Silence, Like Hiroshima”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.