Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Saved By Amnesia - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Saved By Amnesia (64507 Views)

Wretched But Saved / Saved By The Twinkle Of Her Eyes / Saved By Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
My God! I need an UPDATE ASAP! shocked

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Praizymicheal(f): 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2018
:oBrainy somebody mention me on your next update. Will you?

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by emperorblog(m): 5:29am On Apr 26, 2018
READ COOL INTERESTING STORY HERE
HOLE IN THE WALL www.emperorblog.com.ng/hole-in-the-wall-part-1/
THE HANDSOME DEVIL I KNOW www.emperorblog.com.ng/the-handsome-devil-i-know/
and lot more
Re: Saved By Amnesia by charytea(f): 10:27am On Apr 26, 2018
please update nah please
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2018
@InkPaperVodka, i hope there is no problem ?

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
I'm so sorry for not updating as usual, I've had some problems to sort out. Update will be coming tomorrow.
Sorry for the delay.
Thanks. kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
InkPaperVodka:
I'm so sorry for not updating as usual, I've had some problems to sort out. Update will be coming tomorrow.
Sorry for the delay.
Thanks. kiss kiss

OK ma, make sense wella as u tell us so..

God we c u 2ru.

Have a pleasant night ahead.. Tanks ma

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 26, 2018
InkPaperVodka:
Sorry for the delay.
Thanks. kiss kiss
No qualms, take your time.

5 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2018
Princess.

Vanessa was staring at me,  her stare made me really uncomfortable. So fixed and pointed on my face, her gaze unflinching.

"So you're the fiance?" she asked Sotonye and stretched her hand towards Sotonye but her eyes was still fixed on my face.

"I'm Sotonye Williams, Vanessa right? Princess and Queen have been talking non stop about you" Soty smiled at her.

"It's nice to see you" she smiled but her smile did not meet her eye.

"You know you look really familiar, I don't know. I just have this feeling that I've seen you somewhere, have we met before?" Sotonye asked squinting.

"No,  I never forget a face. I'm sure I would have remembered" Vanessa said politely.

"Yeah,  I just saw this faint picture of you in my head. I don't know, maybe I met you somewhere before I lost my memory"  Sotonye insisted.

My eyes widened as I heard him, until now he hasn't gotten a flash back from his past.  Suddenly he sees Vanessa and he's getting pictures in his head?

"Really, this is my first time in Abuja. I'm not sure we've ever..." Vanessa started again but Sotonye cut her off.

"Perhaps we've met at Port Harcourt or Lagos. Princess and my mother told me I spent so much time there, perhaps we met there" Sotonye said.

"Perhaps, but I'm sure we were acquainted" Vanessa said and turned to Alfred.

"Are we going to stand here all day?" I heard her mutter.  She exuded such confidence, it scared me.

"You are a cook right, caterer or something?" Sotonye said his hand moving to his forehead.

"No,  Vanessa doesn't cook at all.  Which is quite amusing since she manages a chain of five starred restaurants" Alfred smiled looking at Vanessa as if she was the only thing that existed in the world.

"My mistake then, I thought you were someone from my past" Sotonye apologized.

"What's with the tension? Let's all go in, Vanessa I have so much I want to talk to you about. You can chill with Roselyn and I, there are different spots in Abuja I'll like to take you to" Queen said grabbing Vanessa's hand and pulling her towards the house.

I rolled my eyes, of course Queen would want to monopolize Vanessa. What annoyed me the most is the way she treasures this Roselyn. Suddenly a thought popped into my head, what if my sister had suddenly become a lesbian and this Roselyn girl was her lover?

I mean there has to be an explanation for this love and devotion towards this Roselyn girl. I eyed her as she flashed one of her infamous smile at Alfred. Goodness God, will she try to flirt with my brother too?

I hissed inwardly and mentally reminded myself to Contact Solomon the investigator I'd hired to search for Tari to also get me some information about Roselyn.

I have to find out everything about this girl, I need to know if she'll be a threat to everything I've worked so hard to build.

6 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 10:27am On Apr 27, 2018
Tanks a lot for d update ma.God bless
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2018
Sotonye

"Stop thinking about her" Roselyn hissed irritated.
I turned to look at her sharply

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I'm not stupid Soty, ever since Vanessa turned up here. She's had all your attention" Roselyn said.

I wanted to deny it but Roselyn was perceptive.

I couldn't get my head of Vanessa since she arrived, I'm certain I've met her in my past.

It's been years since my accident and I haven't remembered a thing till she showed up. Everything time I see, I get this sense of familiarity, something tells me she knows me too.

If she does, why is she denying it? Princess has been tight lipped about most of the things she knew about me in the past, insisting that we forget the past and focus on the present.

I would love for someone to tell me anything, I wonder if Vanessa knew my ex wife, perhaps they were friends?

"Still thinking about her?" Roselyn asked.

"Jealous?" I snapped.

"It's a blow to my ego, I mean you're in bed with me and you're thinking about another woman" she rolled her eyes and sat up straight.

"That shouldn't matter to you, we have an arrangement. Leave your ego out of it, why do I have a feeling that this is more than your ego?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" she asked and brushed her hair to the side. I noticed a scar from the back of her ear to her neck, it was barely visible but somehow it caught my eye.

"What's that?" I asked my hand moving to trace the scar.

"You're not supposed to care, this is just sex remember" She hissed and got out of bed.

"It's not like I have feelings for that Vanessa, I've met her somewhere before. I can feel it, I don't understand why she's denying it" I explained.

Roselyn ignored me and picked up her dress and underwear from the floor.

"Rose, don't tell me you're mad at me" I said. I don't understand women, she's the one who told me she only wants me for my money, why does she care if I'm thinking about another woman?

"Why would I be mad, I'm leaving. We've had our fun haven't we? Till you get bored of princess again" She said spitefully.

"Do you have feelings for me?" I asked, I had to be sure because she was acting like I'd hurt her feelings.

Roselyn laughed harshly "Feelings, Sotonye is that what you call it? You think because we roll in the bed and you fling cash around I would have feelings for you?" she asked as she slipped into her clothes.

"I don't know what you want me to think Rose, you're acting as if I hurt you" I rubbed my forehead, women are so complicated.

"Is it too much to ask of you to keep her out of your thoughts when you're with me. It's enough that I have to deal with your relationship with princess but this new thing for Vanessa, what's that?" she asked.

"Don't you get it Rosie, the minute I saw Vanessa I felt a sense of familiarity. Like I knew her, like we were close. There was just this image of her in my head, like something that happened in our past, she was...." Roselyn caught me off instantly.

"Enough! Look Soty it will be best if we stay away from each other till you get over this infatuation" She hissed and put on her sunglasses.

"Rosie.... I want to find out about my past. It didn't matter to me before but now I want to. Look before my ex wife left me she said something to me at the hospital, I can't forget it. I have this feeling she wasn't a good woman I mean who abandons her sick husband at the hospital? I want to know what she meant by that" I sighed.

I don't expect Roselyn to understand this, the only thing she even cares about is money.

"I'm going to do whatever to look for Tari now, I have to find her" I said fiercely.

"Call me an Uber will you, your stories are making me sleepy" She said and had the guts to yawn.

I glared at her before tossing her some bills.

"I don't even know why I bother myself with you?" I hissed.

"Likewise" she hissed and picked up the bills and walked out of the hotel room.

I remembered Tari's words again, I have to find her.

5 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 27, 2018
smiley you're welcome, thanks for your patience
skubido:
Tanks a lot for d update ma.God bless
Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 11:12am On Apr 27, 2018
InkPaperVodka:
smiley you're welcome, thanks for your patience

Tanks. U too much maami.

How family
Re: Saved By Amnesia by chisiudeh: 11:18am On Apr 27, 2018
Ghen ghen. Time for soty to be tormented has come. Nemesis at work here..
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 27, 2018
Sotonye

My breath hitched when I saw Vanessa  and Roselyn playing chess in the living room. 
I don't remember having a chess board at home but then I remember Alfred saying that his Vanessa was excellent at chess.

The two of them looked so intense as if they were playing more than a game,  they didn't even notice I was in the house.

"Checkmate" Roselyn said sourly.

"What's victory when you don't even look happy about it. Are you okay?" Vanessa asked concerned.

I interrupted before Roselyn could say anything else.

"Hello ladies" I smiled.

Vanessa lifted her eagle like eyes to me while Roselyn lowered hers. 

"You just missed princess, she said she was going to stop by at your office to check on you. Perhaps you should call her back" Vanessa said with a note of dismissal  in her voice.

I wondered why she acted that way,  she was always looking for one way or the other to get rid of me. And the condescending expression in her eyes when she looked at me threw me off balance.

"Could we talk?" I asked Vanessa.

"Queen is asleep, I should go check on her" Roselyn muttered and got up.  She picked up the chess board and walked away quickly.

"Three minutes, I have work to do" Vanessa said.

"Why do I get the feeling that I've offended you" I asked.

"We just met few days ago Sotonye,  you've been nothing but a polite host. Why would you think you've offended me?" she asked.

"I don't know....you don't like me very much" I sat down.

"What's there to like? I don't know anything about you" She met my gaze, those eyes. They were so familiar, too familiar.

"Perhaps we should get to know each other then" I offered.

"Oh,  it's three minutes already. It was nice talking to you." She smiled and got up from the sofa.

"Vanessa...i know you know me,  you know we've met before" I said.

"If I were you I'd focus more on making sure my fiancee doesn't find out about my affair with her sister's friend. She's beautiful, I can understand the attraction" Vanessa winked.

I blanched,  "She...she.. told you?" I asked.

"Now why would she? The tension between you two is almost suffocating. Wouldn't want princess to know hmm?  stop bothering and I'll keep your secret" Vanessa said and walked away before I could say another word.

Roselyn.... I need to end this affair with Roselyn. It's getting out of hand, Vanessa knows already.

How much longer till princess finds out about it and calls off our wedding or worse?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saved By Amnesia by cyndy1000(f): 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
Am following up and loving this story please more update

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2018
Nice update.

Well done ma'am

5 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
Chapter 7

Sotonye

"Indeed, we did have a Tarila  in this school. But she wasn't a Williams and she wasn't married. She was too young for that, an excellent student she was" The lady smiled.

"Did she have any friend, anyone one she was close to?" I asked.

"Uhmm, we never met any of her relatives. They didn't even attend her graduation, and Tari was always closed off.  She was a tight shell, always hiding her emotions. I have a feeling she wasn't happy about something, I asked but she only told me it was family related problems. The two girls she bonded with Ene and Moyo.....Moyo isn't in the country anymore and Ene is here in Abuja. I can only give you the address of her restaurant" The woman continued.

"Thanks ma,  I appreciate it" I said and watched her write down the address on a piece of paper.

"Who did you say you were again?" the woman asked curiously.

"We're related, I haven't heard from her in a long time because I've been away. I would like to contact her now,  unfortunately for me I have nothing" I said.

"In that case,  you should know that Tari's assistant came here a few days ago" the woman said.

"Tarila!" My eyes widened.

"Yes, Tari called me.  With a private number though. She told me she needed to pick up her file to duplicate it.  If not i'd have given you her photograph" the woman said.

Fück! fück! fück,  if I'd been here days back,  I might have gotten  a glimpse of what this Tari looked like. 

If her assistant is here in Abuja, does that mean she's here too? What if she's been here all along?

"Here you go,  if she calls again I'll tell her you called.  What's your name?" the woman asked.

"Sotonye Williams" I responded before taking the paper. I thanked her again before getting up to leave.

I walked out of the Culinary institution and sighed. The only person that can help me has refused to talk to me,  my mother.

I have a feeling that she knows more than she's telling. I must get her to tell me something, there's no single picture of Tarila in that whole house.

I have to give my ex wife credit, she must be really smart.  She must have known I'd come to the Culinary school when I eventually wanted to get information about her.

A thought hit me, what if she was having me watched?

I got into the car and headed towards the address of the restaurant. Perhaps this Ene could help me, maybe Tarila told her friends something about me, anything.

'E- Flavors' I looked at the billboard before entering the restaurant. It wasn't big, just a cozy restaurant.

There were a few customers in the restaurant when I entered, not wanting too much attention I hurried to the counter.

"Welcome to E flavors sir" a chubby girl beamed at me.

"Hello, could I please speak to your manager or the owner. I'm looking for Ene" I said.

"And how may I help you?" I heard an all too serious voice from behind me.

I turned and saw a huge woman in a Nigerian native attire, an exotic scarf on her hair.

"I'm assuming you're Ene, could we talk?" I asked.

"Madam Henshaw just called me now that she gave a friend of Tari the address to my restaurant. I have nothing to talk to you about, before Tari left she told me she had no family, no one who would care about her. She also told me not to disclose any information to anyone who asked. I'll advice you to leave now" Ene said harshly.

Once again I sighed at the thought of my ex wife, She's going to make this difficult for me.

She'd obviously thought about this before she left, and she's handled everything properly. It's obvious I won't get anything from this tight lipped woman.

"Good day" I said before walking out of the restaurant.

Mission failed but not aborted. I'm not giving up on finding Tari, I will do everything to find Tari

3 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Ann2012(f): 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
2 years ago

Tarila

"Why are you apologizing mum, what did you do?  You don't need to, you didn't hurt me.  It's Sotonye who hurt me" I said wiping the tears of my face.

Finally I will be free,  free from shackles.

"You don't understand, I could have given you a better future but I didn't" Mrs Williams said.

"It wasn't your duty,  it was Sotonye's. He had the means of sending me to school, had the means of giving me a better life but he didn't. He didn't think I was worth it, it's not your fault. Don't hold yourself responsible for the actions of your sons" I said vehemently but she shook her head refusing to accept that it wasn't her fault

"Listen Tari, please just listen. After your miscarriage, Sotonye called me and told me he was going to send you away. That you were no use to him again and he would pay you off" His mother said.

Tears blurred my eyes as I remembered the day I had that miscarriage. He was the one who had beaten me to a pulp before leaving the house.

When he got back two days later,  I'd lost the baby already. I told him about it and he'd said that I would have made a terrible mother anyway and he didn't want to father a bastard.

He'd thrown some bills my way and asked me to self medicate,  I didn't even know he'd contacted his mother and had plans to throw me out of the house.

Where would I have gone,  would his money have been enough to sustain or support me?

"I begged him to keep you,  I told him that perhaps with the baby out of the way you two could start your own family. You are such a good girl Tari, I had such high hopes that you would change my son for good. That perhaps your good nature would influence him" Mrs Williams continued.

I shook my head,  so much for my good heart.  Sotonye would have ruined me, he would have killed me.

"Sotonye was stubborn. He said he'd give you some time but he didn't need you in his life anymore. He said you were too needy, childish...you were a burden" His mother continued.

I don't want to hear any of these anymore. How was I a burden, I never requested anything from him,  I couldn't even talk to him without shivering in fear. 

A liar,  a woman beater and a cheat, that's who he is. I can't live with such a man anymore, there's nothing his mother will say that will convince me to remain with Sotonye.

"So I was afraid he would kick you out of the house,  I decided to do a little digging of my own.  I decided to find your father, your mother had an affair with an older man you know. He did come to marry your  mother but your grandma refused to let Deina marry him. They made him believe that Deina had aborted the baby, your mother told me this because I was a teacher in the youth department in church. She confided in me." Mrs Williams smiled.

I closed my eyes and thought of my mother, if she'd married my father would this have happened?

Would my life have been worse or better? I know my mother is a really cold to me but perhaps it was because of the circumstances in which I was born.

An older man, Grandma would have been out of her mind. Perhaps my mother had loved this older man, perhaps he loved her too.

"I found him,  I contacted him and told him about you" Mrs Williams said.

I shook my head "Let me guess,  he didn't want me either?" I said tears in my eyes. Why didn't anyone want me?

"No,  he was thrilled. Insisted he wanted to meet you, I was going to arrange for you and your father to meet before Sotonye called and told me he was going to send you to a culinary school" she finished.

I looked at her in shock, all these time she'd known that I had a father who cared for me and wanted me but she didn't do anything about it. 

"Why?" I asked her,  why had she let me remain with her beast of a son?

"I'm sorry Tari,  I thought Sotonye was finally beginning to show interest in you.  I wanted my son to be happy, I wanted him to change. I'm sorry, please forgive me" she begged.

"Look,  I did love your son.  He didn't love me , you have to let me leave now. Can you still reach out to my father?" I asked.

"I've called him,  he's in Lagos at the moment.  He's told me he would drive into Abuja to come and get you, I'll give you some money to go stay at a hotel till he arrives.  Don't worry about your things,  I will make sure Sotonye finds nothing about you in the house. I will get rid of everything, I can only hope you forgive me" She said.

"Thank you, I forgive you.  I understand why you did it,  I'm sorry I couldn't help change him" I said before getting up to hug her.

A new chapter in my life will begin, thanks to Sotonye.

I've been saved by his amnesia

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
wink You're welcome
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
wink Thanks
chivera018:
Nice update.

Well done ma'am

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
I was right, Vanessa is tari.

Good job ma'am.

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 1:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hmmmmmm.

Tanks a lot for d update ma, remain bless

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Vulcanheph(m): 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
Wow Creative story...i wish nollywood producers will come to Nairaland and get good stories , instead of giving us Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Vulcanheph(m): 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
Vanessa is tari....which is why she is Afraid of marriage because of what happened with soty.
Rose is falling in Love with soty ....which explains her Resentment towards him.
this writer Deserves an award

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by cyndy1000(f): 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
Vulcanheph:
Vanessa is tari....which is why she is Afraid of marriage because of what happened with soty.
Rose is falling in Love with soty ....which explains her Resentment towards him.
this writer Deserves an award

Yes my thoughts have been confirmed. Thank God her dad accepted her n show genuine love unlike those she will call family.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by chisiudeh: 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2018
Karma is a sweet b**tch aswear.

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by rayvelez(m): 11:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
God bless ur hands I really love dis story.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by odunmba(f): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
Good one here Ink Paper Vodka. I enjoyed the story. Keep it up.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) / 'my Names Are', Or 'my Name Is' / I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.