Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,547 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? (2304 Views)

God the father, son (Jesus Christ) & Holy Spirit is the only true God / Is Jesus God? / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by haywizzy007(m): 11:53am On Apr 16, 2018
[quote author=salvation101 post=66755155]

using ur very own version of scripture, lets analyze verse 3..
When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to meet them, and he bowed down to the ground. 3 Then he said: “Jehovah, if I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. 4 Please, let a little water be brought and have your feet washed;d then recline under the tree. 5 Seeing that you have come here to your servant, let me bring a piece of bread so that you may refresh yourselves.* Then you may go on your way.” At this they said: “All right. You may do as you have spoken.”
Can you see that it was actually the feet of those men that Abraham washed?

in ur very own words, u denied that the word translated as the Lord in other version is usually used for idols but in ur version of the scripture that very word is Jehovah, how do you explain that away?

where else in ur Bible was a servant or messenger of God(including angels) referred to as Jehovah

what form did Jehovah take while he was with Abraham? Was it his feet that Abraham washed?

that is only if ur Jehovah is not everywhere and can only be in a place at a time.

you are the one accusing Jesus of lying here ooo. My question is did Abraham wash Jehovah's feet or not?

am glad u are back from ur vacation. But still alot of unanswered puzzle.. Did Abraham call those men Jehovah? In my version of scripture he called them "Lord" but ur version of scripture changed it to Jehovah. Do u see that those who wrote ur scripture actually agreed that those men were Jehovah?
why are you so good at dodging questions?
Did Jesus lie when he said "no one has seen the father"(John 6:46) (compare to Exodus 33:20)
How do you reconcile Jesus' word with Abraham encounter??
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2018
haywizzy007:
why are you so good at dodging questions?
Did Jesus lie when he said "no one has seen the father"(John 6:46) (compare to Exodus 33:20)
How do you reconcile Jesus' word with Abraham encounter??
Dis is my first time of seeing this moniker nd u r accusing me of being so good at dodging questions.. I asked a series of questions, how come u couldn't help ur fellow to answer them nd u are accusing me, meaning u av even been following d thread. Wat a shame..
According to jws Nwt, Abraham washed Jehovah's feet. Are u going to delete that from your scripture?
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by haywizzy007(m): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
[quote author=salvation101 post=66756849]
Dis is my first time of seeing this moniker nd u r accusing me of being so good at dodging questions.. I asked a series of questions, how come u couldn't help ur fellow to answer them nd u are accusing me, meaning u av even been following d thread. Wat a shame..
According to jws Nwt, Abraham washed Jehovah's feet. Are u going to delete that from your scripture?
Just tell the whole world you are a fundamentalist Christian, no one will persecute you. Don't tell me you literally believed Abraham washed Jehovah's feet?
That means you also believe the apostles of Jesus Christ drank his literal blood during the last supper? (Matthew 26:27,28)
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
haywizzy007:
Just tell the whole world you are a fundamentalist Christian, no one will persecute you. Don't tell me you literally believed Abraham washed Jehovah's feet?
That means you also believe the apostles of Jesus Christ drank his literal blood during the last supper? (Matthew 26:27,28)
i am a Christian and am not ashamed of who i am. U are finding it difficult to explain what happened here in Ge n 18..did Abraham's wash Jehovah feet or not? D case of Jesus is very plain, he said "this do in rememberace of me" just like the passover festival dat was regularly done in rememberance of wat happened in Egypt. Are u trying to say Abraham didn't literally wash Jehovah feet as claimed in ur version on bible?

By d way, u should get ur text formatting in order cos its difficulty to differentiate between my comment and ur replies
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 16, 2018
salvation101:

using ur very own version of scripture, lets analyze verse 3..
When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to meet them, and he bowed down to the ground. 3 Then he said: “Jehovah, if I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. 4 Please, let a little water be brought and have your feet washed;d then recline under the tree. 5 Seeing that you have come here to your servant, let me bring a piece of bread so that you may refresh yourselves.* Then you may go on your way.” At this they said: “All right. You may do as you have spoken.”
Can you see that it was actually the feet of those men that Abraham washed?
That is what the Bible said but Jehovah remained with Abraham after they left.
salvation101:

in ur very own words, u denied that the word translated as the Lord in other version is usually used for idols but in ur version of the scripture that very word is Jehovah, how do you explain that away?
I do not totally comprehend the above but I did not deny that Lord is used in the Bible. I told you that lord is also used for Idols. Men are called lords. The Bible said that there are many lords in heaven and on earth in 1 Corinthians 8:5. Ba'al also means lord and it is a false god. The use of Lord in most Bibles in places that originally had the divine name is a crime against God. A heretic tendency that you should esponge. With your 'study hard' stratagem, I expected you to have arrived at that point.
salvation101:

where else in ur Bible was a servant or messenger of God(including angels) referred to as Jehovah
Jehovah himself said that he did not appear to Abraham as Jehovah but as God Almighty. Moses penned that narrative under inspiration, not as an eyewitness.

Therefore, seeing that Jehovah appeared to Abraham and remained with him even after the angels left, it shows that the angels had played their parts in physically representing Jehovah.

Jehovah was present with Abraham all through the while that the three men were with him and Abraham could see his glory and reckon that he was present.

If you have to fix this as part of trinity, you have failed because Abraham encountered four entities, then, this becomes tetranity which you might not want to acknowledge.

Abraham could recognize that Jehovah sent those men because he saw them after Jehovah's appearance and he knew that they were angels.

As an adult, you should understand the scripture and not pin a verse to stir controversy. The chapter explained itself and I showed you in the previous comment.

You cannot dwell on a single verse to fabricate a nugatory story. That the verse mentioned Jehovah does not literally mean that Abraham could not distinguish between Jehovah and the three men. He knew that they represented Jehovah. After the men left, he would have been very confused about what to call or address Jehovah by had he not known the difference.

If the Israelites read the same words and still believed that no man can see God, what are you arguing about?

If the name were missing in the Hebrew script, you would have a case, but you do not.

The KJB that caused this controversy has restored the name back to that very verse. Yet, her progenies refuse to follow suit.

The Tetragrammaton was replaced with Adonai

And let me post it here to your delight.
KJV Genesis 18:3
And said, Jehovah, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

But, in the very truth, Abraham did not call the name of God because at that time Jehovah hadn't told anyone his name. Nevertheless, Moses penned down the narratives as it also reflected other chapters of the Bible

Abraham could tell the difference between Jehovah and the angels.

Notwithstanding, Moses, the writer of Genesis, penned it down and with such explicit details in the subsequent verses, he must have expected you to understand the chapter just as the Israelites and Jesus apostles did. 1 John 4:12.
salvation101:

what form did Jehovah take while he was with Abraham?
The Bible did not say that but it clearly said that he appeared to him among the big trees of Mamʹre.

Just in case you are wondering what that really is

Genesis 14:13
13 After that a man who had escaped came and told Aʹbram the Hebrew. He was then dwelling among the big trees of Mamʹre the Amʹor·ite, the brother of Eshʹcol and Aʹner. These men were allies of Aʹbram.

Genesis 13:18
18 So Aʹbram continued to live in tents. Later he came and dwelled among the big trees of Mamʹre, which are in Hebʹron, and there he built an altar to Jehovah.

This verse says "which are", and this gives us an indication that it was not a particular spot. It would have been an open and navigable space because away from where Jehovah appeared to him he saw the three men at some distance.

A similar instance that might come to mind is found in Exodus 13:21 Now Jehovah was going ahead of them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way

salvation101:
Was it his feet that Abraham washed?
Repetition
salvation101:

that is only if ur Jehovah is not everywhere and can only be in a place at a time.
Okay
salvation101:

you are the one accusing Jesus of lying here ooo.
Can you answer a simple question? You keep insisting but you do not answer any of my questions.
salvation101:

My question is did Abraham wash Jehovah's feet or not?
You have asked this repeatedly in the same comment.
salvation101:

am glad u are back from ur vacation.
Thanks
salvation101:
But still alot of unanswered puzzle.. Did Abraham call those men Jehovah? In my version of scripture he called them "Lord" but ur version of scripture changed it to Jehovah.
Why not examine the Hebrew scripture if it says 'Lord' before contesting who says what? You claim to study to prove yourself and I do not expect questions like this to come from you. Just do a quick research for yourself. We are not here to compete or slander any Bible version. If your ERV and KJV use 'Lord', check if the new KJV has it as Jehovah or go directly to the Hebrew copies.
salvation101:

Do u see that those who wrote ur scripture actually agreed that those men were Jehovah?
If that is your supposition, we will not budge at all. We are not nettled by what people think of us or how we should serve our God. We are more curious about pleasing Jehovah in the best way possible and to live up to his name.
In conclusion, if you have a contrary supposition towards the KJV, or any other Bible version that used Jehovah in that verse, it proves that you are unjust.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
Nobody is finding it difficult to explain what happened. You have been answered but you are seeking a breakthrough to nail the JW.

Do not say that our Bible said that because it makes you appear spiritually faint. Do your research and know what you purport.

Nobody helps me to answer questions here. I reply to questions when I am free and if I deem it worthwhile. Jehovah said that he teaches us to benefit ourselves.
salvation101:
i am a Christian and am not ashamed of who i am. U are finding it difficult to explain what happened here in Ge n 18..did Abraham's wash Jehovah feet or not? D case of Jesus is very plain, he said "this do in rememberace of me" just like the passover festival dat was regularly done in rememberance of wat happened in Egypt. Are u trying to say Abraham didn't literally wash Jehovah feet as claimed in ur version on bible?

By d way, u should get ur text formatting in order cos its difficulty to differentiate between my comment and ur replies
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
removetheturban:
Nobody is finding it difficult to explain what happened. You have been answered but you are seeking a breakthrough to nail the JW.
u should speak for yourself cos apparently ur brother couldn't answer.
Wat are you afraid of?

Do not say that our Bible said that because it makes you appear spiritually faint. Do your research and know what you purport
same research u av been on for days and still not convincing enough

Nobody helps me to answer questions here. I reply to questions when I am free and if I deem it worthwhile. Jehovah said that he teaches us to benefit ourselves.
alright den.. Let me continue
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
salvation101:
u should speak for yourself cos apparently ur brother couldn't answer. Wat are you afraid of?
The conversation was between you and me.
salvation101:

same research u av been on for days and still not convincing enough
alright den.. Let me continue
If I take days to reply to a question, be appreciative that you got one at all because many do not.
If you are not convinced, the day can only get brighter. To say the least, it is a progressive step.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
removetheturban:
That is what the Bible said but Jehovah remained with Abraham after they left.
if u mean Jehovah was there with Abraham physically making d number 4, how den would u say no man has seen Jehovah
I do not totally comprehend the above but I did not deny that Lord is used in the Bible. I told you that lord is also used for Idols. Men are called lords. The Bible said that there are many lords in heaven and on earth in 1 Corinthians 8:5. Ba'al also means lord and it is a false god. The use of Lord in most Bibles in places that originally had the divine name is a crime against God. A heretic tendency that you should esponge. With your 'study hard' stratagem, I expected you to have arrived at that point.
d bible was not written in English language. The word translated as Lord here is Adonai wch ur scripture translated as Jehovah. U saying the word can also be used for men and idol is wat i do not understand

Jehovah himself said that he did not appear to Abraham as Jehovah but as God Almighty. Moses penned that narrative under inspiration, not as an eyewitness.
under inspiration or eye withness, wat we know is dat the word of God is perfect nd no mistakes

Therefore, seeing that Jehovah appeared to Abraham and remained with him even after the angels left, it shows that the angels had played their parts in physically representing Jehovah.

Jehovah was present with Abraham all through the while that the three men were with him and Abraham could see his glory and reckon that he was present.

If you have to fix this as part of trinity, you have failed because Abraham encountered four entities, then, this becomes tetranity which you might not want to acknowledge.
Abraham called those men Adonai wch ur scripture interpret as Jehovah. He taked to them, calling them Jehovah and they replied. Dey even gave him a promise before living. U said a fourth person was there, in what form was he there? Whoever it was dat Abraham washed his leg was called Jehovah

Abraham could recognize that Jehovah sent those men because he saw them after Jehovah's appearance and he knew that they were angels.

As an adult, you should understand the scripture and not pin a verse to stir controversy. The chapter explained itself and I showed you in the previous comment.

You cannot dwell on a single verse to fabricate a nugatory story. That the verse mentioned Jehovah does not literally mean that Abraham could not distinguish between Jehovah and the three men. He knew that they represented Jehovah. After the men left, he would have been very confused about what to call or address Jehovah by had he not known the difference.
read ur dat chapter again, it didn't just occur in a single verse. He called them Jehovah and they replied him..

If the Israelites read the same words and still believed that no man can see God, what are you arguing about?
i need answers nd u r living me with questions.. Did Abraham see Jehovah here or not?

If the name were missing in the Hebrew script, you would have a case, but you do not.

The KJB that caused this controversy has restored the name back to that very verse. Yet, her progenies refuse to follow suit.
on the contrary, kjb was not the first translation, there were several translations before kjb, we are learned please and don't play with our intellect.. If the name was in Hebrew scriptures how come it wasn't seen anywhere till 12th century wen it was coined? Would u blame kjb for dat too? Besides, is it the same set of people dat did d first version of Kjb dat edited it plenty years later?

The Tetragrammaton was replaced with Adonai
there are two different words.. The tetragramation differs. The one Kjv translated as Lord is Adonai and the one translated as God is Yahweh

And let me post it here to your delight.
KJV Genesis 18:3
And said, Jehovah, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
wat Kjv is dis? Definitely not the one am using

But, in the very truth, Abraham did not call the name of God because at that time Jehovah hadn't told anyone his name. Nevertheless, Moses penned down the narratives as it also reflected other chapters of the Bible

Abraham could tell the difference between Jehovah and the angels.

Notwithstanding, Moses, the writer of Genesis, penned it down and with such explicit details in the subsequent verses, he must have expected you to understand the chapter just as the Israelites and Jesus apostles did. 1 John 4:12.
The Bible did not say that but it clearly said that he appeared to him among the big trees of Mamʹre.

Just in case you are wondering what that really is

Genesis 14:13
13 After that a man who had escaped came and told Aʹbram the Hebrew. He was then dwelling among the big trees of Mamʹre the Amʹor·ite, the brother of Eshʹcol and Aʹner. These men were allies of Aʹbram.

Genesis 13:18
18 So Aʹbram continued to live in tents. Later he came and dwelled among the big trees of Mamʹre, which are in Hebʹron, and there he built an altar to Jehovah.

This verse says "which are", and this gives us an indication that it was not a particular spot. It would have been an open and navigable space because away from where Jehovah appeared to him he saw the three men at some distance.
since Abraham erected an altar to God there, it shows that God was always communicating with Abraham around that place hence it was said that even after the man left Abraham remained in the presence of God (kjv)

A similar instance that might come to mind is found in Exodus 13:21 Now Jehovah was going ahead of them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way

Repetition
Okay[quote] kk

[quote] Can you answer a simple question? You keep insisting but you do not answer any of my questions. You have asked this repeatedly in the same comment.
u should even be afraid to ask such questions. Jesus no b ur mate ooo. Can u say that of the king of ur village?

Thanks Why not examine the Hebrew scripture if it says 'Lord' before contesting who says what? You claim to study to prove yourself and I do not expect questions like this to come from you. Just do a quick research for yourself. We are not here to compete or slander any Bible version. If your ERV and KJV use 'Lord', check if the new KJV has it as Jehovah or go directly to the Hebrew copies. If that is your supposition, we will not budge at all. We are not nettled by what people think of us or how we should serve our God. We are more curious about pleasing Jehovah in the best way possible and to live up to his name.
In conclusion, if you have a contrary supposition towards the KJV, or any other Bible version that used Jehovah in that verse, it proves that you are unjust.
lol. So d kjv u av been talking about is nkjv? Lugubrious! Nkjv is just another version of scripture and not kjv. The ppl who wrote kjv were long dead before dat version of urs was brot out. The bible i repeat wasn't written in English. D word translated as Lord in verse 3 is Adonai
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
removetheturban:
The conversation was between you and me.
If I take days to reply to a question, be appreciative that you got one at all because many do not.
If you are not convinced, the day can only get brighter. To say the least, it is a progressive step.
no wahala
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2018
salvation101:
if u mean Jehovah was there with Abraham physically making d number 4, how den would u say no man has seen Jehovah
Jehovah has appeared to many people in different forms. To Abraham, he appeared many times. The Bible said that he appeared among the trees of Mamre. You plainly understand that part. Therefore to Abraham, there was the appearance of Jehovah and then, there were three men. He knew that Jehovah sent those men. He had had previous encounters with Jehovah so he understood the setting. The Israelites as well understood that. The JW and all God's servants understand it as well. If you are having a hard time with it, you have to pray for understanding.
salvation101:
d bible was not written in the English language. The word translated as Lord here is Adonai wch ur scripture translated as Jehovah.
Do you have the gall to sue the King James organization for misleading Trinitarians for 400 years or will you send them a thank you letter for translating the Bible into English?

Will you sue them for publishing the latest KJB in 2011? Do you want to report them to other Trinitarians or are you NOW calling them hypocrites or heretics? If you insist that the word used there is Adonai, who am I to chastise you? I will leave you to your own belief.
salvation101:
and all U saying the word can also be used for men and idol is wat i do not understand
You should find out for yourself the meaning of 'lord' and then the meaning of 'Ba'al'? Do some research, I know that you can. It will help you to appreciate the Truth that the JW share with you here. It is not easy to dig through the pile of heresy in search of the true gem, the Truth.
salvation101:

under inspiration or eye withness, wat we know is dat the word of God is perfect nd no mistakes

Abraham called those men Adonai wch ur scripture interpret as Jehovah. He taked to them, calling them Jehovah and they replied. Dey even gave him a promise before living. U said a fourth person was there, in what form was he there? Whoever it was dat Abraham washed his leg was called Jehovah

read ur dat chapter again, it didn't just occur in a single verse. He called them Jehovah and they replied him..
Okay. Do you want to burn our Bible, the KJB together with other Bibles that contain Jehovah in that verse?
salvation101:

i need answers nd u r living me with questions.. Did Abraham see Jehovah here or not?
I will advise you to contact your fellow Trinitarians who use Jehovah in that verse. Maybe they will give you the sort of answers that you seek seeing that you share the same fundamental doctrines. They might be more convincing to you than the JW.
salvation101:

on the contrary, kjb was not the first translation, there were several translations before kjb, we are learned please and don't play with our intellect..
Well, Lady intellect, if that is what you belief, who am I to judge?
salvation101:

If the name was in Hebrew scriptures how come it wasn't seen anywhere till 12th century wen it was coined? Would u blame kjb for dat too?
Before the dream of a KJB came to human thoughts, other Translations already established the name.
salvation101:
Besides, is it the same set of people dat did d first version of Kjb dat edited it plenty years later?
KJB is not a set of people, it is an organization.
salvation101:

there are two different words.. The tetragramation differs. The one Kjv translated as Lord is Adonai and the one translated as God is Yahweh
I hear you. They may not share the same opinion as you. It would be wise that you serenade in your own thought than to believe that you are representing the KJB because they will not appreciate your effort. You are making them appear even more heretical than they already are.
salvation101:
wat Kjv is dis? Definitely not the one am using
I should be asking you. It was published by your fellow intellectual Trinitarians.
salvation101:
since Abraham erected an altar to God there, it shows that God was always communicating with Abraham around that place hence it was said that even after the man left Abraham remained in the presence of God (kjv)
Okay. If that is what you read, we thank God.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
removetheturban:
Jehovah has appeared to many people in different forms. To Abraham, he appeared many times. The Bible said that he appeared among the trees of Mamre. You plainly understand that part. Therefore to Abraham, there was the appearance of Jehovah and then, there were three men. He knew that Jehovah sent those men. He had had previous encounters with Jehovah so he understood the setting. The Israelites as well understood that. The JW and all God's servants understand it as well. If you are having a hard time with it, you have to pray for understanding.
Do you have the gall to sue the King James organization for misleading Trinitarians for 400 years or will you send them a thank you letter for translating the Bible into English?

Will you sue them for publishing the latest KJB in 2011? Do you want to report them to other Trinitarians or are you NOW calling them hypocrites or heretics? If you insist that the word used there is Adonai, who am I to chastise you? I will leave you to your own belief. You should find out for yourself the meaning of 'lord' and then the meaning of 'Ba'al'? Do some research, I know that you can. It will help you to appreciate the Truth that the JW share with you here. It is not easy to dig through the pile of heresy in search of the true gem, the Truth. Okay. Do you want to burn our Bible, the KJB together with other Bibles that contain Jehovah in that verse?
I will advise you to contact your fellow Trinitarians who use Jehovah in that verse. Maybe they will give you the sort of answers that you seek seeing that you share the same fundamental doctrines. They might be more convincing to you than the JW. Well, Lady intellect, if that is what you belief, who am I to judge? Before the dream of a KJB came to human thoughts, other Translations already established the name. KJB is not a set of people, it is an organization.
I hear you. They may not share the same opinion as you. It would be wise that you serenade in your own thought than to believe that you are representing the KJB because they will not appreciate your effort. You are making them appear even more heretical than they already are. I should be asking you. It was published by your fellow intellectual Trinitarians.

See somebody that says KJV is heretical o
Your nwt that has spurious insertions and speculations everywhere nko?
You could not even argue this one. Even your gb has no explanation to this that's why you can't even answer the questions. As they didn't think about this one 4 you you can't use your brain cos if you do they (gb) will call you apostate.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
removetheturban:
good.. So we do not know the form in wch he appeared to Abraham among d trees... But it also doesn't change d fact dat Abraham referred to those three men as Jehovah

Will you sue them for publishing the latest KJB in 2011? Do you want to report them to other Trinitarians or are you NOW calling them hypocrites or heretics? If you insist that the word used there is Adonai, who am I to chastise you? I will leave you to your own belief.
wat kjv are u talking about? Was d king James who gave approval for the first translation still the same person who gave d permission for the one ur talking about? U r trying to make it look like since its same name den its from same ppl wch is false. Publishing is a business not a ministry.

You should find out for yourself the meaning of 'lord' and then the meaning of 'Ba'al'? Do some research, I know that you can. It will help you to appreciate the Truth that the JW share with you here. It is not easy to dig through the pile of heresy in search of the true gem, the Truth.
is Baal an English word? There are many words interpreted as Lord in d bible. In dis very case it was Adonai

Okay. Do you want to burn our Bible, the KJB together with other Bibles that contain Jehovah in that verse?
the Kjv i use contains no such word in dat verse.

I will advise you to contact your fellow Trinitarians who use Jehovah in that verse. Maybe they will give you the sort of answers that you seek seeing that you share the same fundamental doctrines. They might be more convincing to you than the JW.[/quote] Lolzz... Whoever used Jehovah for Adonai, definitely not d bible am currently reading. Just because someone believes in Trinity doesn't make dat person my example.

Well, Lady intellect, if that is what you belief, who am I to judge? Before the dream of a KJB came to human thoughts, other Translations already established the name.
translation after 12th century if u wanna be specific

KJB is not a set of people, it is an organization.
I hear you. They may not share the same opinion as you. It would be wise that you serenade in your own thought than to believe that you are representing the KJB because they will not appreciate your effort. You are making them appear even more heretical than they already are. I should be asking you. It was published by your fellow intellectual Trinitarians.
If u say so, den u should have remained in d catholic church. There is also queen james Bible, u can as well take dat up too
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2018
salvation101:
good.. So we do not know the form in wch he appeared to Abraham among d trees... But it also doesn't change d fact dat Abraham referred to those three men as Jehovah
But, your Bible said that Jehovah remained after the men left. And before the men showed up, Jehovah already appeared. So, your argument is in between the visit of the three men. It is intellectually honest to say that Jehovah appeared before the three men showed up and he remained after the three men left.

Mathematically, the formulas will produce the same answer.
salvation101:

wat kjv are u talking about?
As a defender of KJB you should be the one schooling me on this issue. You see, you are bewildered that KJB could contain such. I have told you not to represent any version because these guys will mess you up. Call the KJB organization and enter a query. If I were you, I would summon my fellow Trinitarians and march to the KJ org for an explanation.
salvation101:

Was d king James who gave approval for the first translation still the same person who gave d permission for the one ur talking about?
haha ludicrous! Salvation101 this is a question that I should be throwing at you.
Even the KJB that you are using right now is not the very one that King James ordered the 55 men to copy from Tyndale's work(a man the Church wrongly sentenced as a heretic and burned alive). Do not forget that Tyndale was killed by King James' family(I know this information gets to your spine LOL).

I will post the KJBible to your delight.

Psalm 83:18
King James Bible 1611 (The original King James Bible)
That men may knowe, that thou, whose name alone is IEHOVAH: art the most High ouer all the earth.

You do not own the above and from all your quotes here I can tell. The edited versions read thus:

King James Bible
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

King James Bible
That men may know that you, whose name alone is the LORD, are the most high over all the earth.

As an intellectual guru, you can tell the difference. This is only one verse. So, kindly ask the KJ organization who gave them the permission to replace the name of Jehovah with Lord? That would be very interesting to know.
salvation101:

U r trying to make it look like since its same name den its from same ppl wch is false.
An Organisation that is older than any other publishing organization in the world today should arm itself with a firm of seasoned lawyers to protect their rights and reputation. You do not imagine that the KJ organization is that dumb not to do that. A Bible version tagged the KJB cannot be floating in the market for almost a decade without an official statement from the organization if it were false. Figure that!

Stop representing an organization that does not warrant your services. I want you to figure it out yourself. I will not post the links here.
salvation101:

Publishing is a business not a ministry.
You cannot say that now. You started off by handpicking your preferred Bible versions(KJB and ERV). Stop jumping out of every sinking ship. If publishing is a business, why use these Bible versions as your barometer to judge the JW Bible? You can only use a proven metric that you believe in to measure others. You must ride with them till their wheels fall off.
salvation101:

is Baal an English word?

Baʹal means “Owner,” “Master”.
Lord means “Sir,” “Owner,” “Master”

Thank Jehovah for showing you this. I left you for one whole week and this thing remained a puzzle to you. Even the people that you give you 10% to could not help you out. We thank Jehovah anyway.
salvation101:

There are many words interpreted as Lord in d bible. In dis very case it was Adonai
List the words interpreted as Lord in the Bible
salvation101:

the Kjv i use contains no such word in dat verse.
Are you pitting the KJB organization against its works now? Is it now a case of the one that you use and the other ones that they published? Do you want to liquidate the organization and possibly retract their publishing right? will you liaise with other top Trinitarian intellectuals to a crusade against the KJB?
salvation101:

Lolzz... Whoever used Jehovah for Adonai, definitely not d bible am currently reading. Just because someone believes in Trinity doesn't make dat person my example.
LOL. How can we identify the difference? We are only watching things unfold. The onus is on you to decide to expose those people who are not your examples so that other Trinitarians will lesser intellectual might understand the pitfalls.
salvation101:
translation after 12th century if u wanna be specific
Well, if you believe so. We might delve extensively into this topic in some other thread.
salvation101:

If u say so, den u should have remained in d catholic church. There is also queen james Bible, u can as well take dat up too
The Catholics reading this might attack you. I do not want to start a war in this thread. smiley

Out of curiosity though, I want to ask you why many Pentecostal girls frown upon marrying Catholic men.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
removetheturban:
But, your Bible said that Jehovah remained after the men left. And before the men showed up, Jehovah already appeared. So, your argument is in between the visit of the three men. It is intellectually honest to say that Jehovah appeared before the three men showed up and he remained after the three men left.

Mathematically, the formulas will produce the same answer.
my Bible also told me that Abraham called the three men his lord wch ur Bible called Jehovah

As a defender of KJB you should be the one schooling me on this issue. You see, you are bewildered that KJB could contain such. I have told you not to represent any version because these guys will mess you up. Call the KJB organization and enter a query. If I were you, I would summon my fellow Trinitarians and march to the KJ org for an explanation.
typical of you to twist events and history. If nkjv is kjv den jw are catholics.

haha ludicrous! Salvation101 this is a question that I should be throwing at you.
Even the KJB that you are using right now is not the very one that King James ordered the 55 men to copy from Tyndale's work(a man the Church wrongly sentenced as a heretic and burned alive). Do not forget that Tyndale was killed by King James' family(I know this information gets to your spine LOL).

I will post the KJBible to your delight.

Psalm 83:18
King James Bible 1611 (The original King James Bible)
That men may knowe, that thou, whose name alone is IEHOVAH: art the most High ouer all the earth.

You do not own the above and from all your quotes here I can tell. The edited versions read thus:

King James Bible
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

King James Bible
That men may know that you, whose name alone is the LORD, are the most high over all the earth.

As an intellectual guru, you can tell the difference. This is only one verse. So, kindly ask the KJ organization who gave them the permission to replace the name of Jehovah with Lord? That would be very interesting to know.
at least u didn't fault tyndales work. At least tyndale isn't like ur 5 illiterate men committee dat was set up to translate ur version of scripture.. If u are a Nigerian, u would know d horror an illiterate can put everyone in.. If i say bu, u say ha another one say ri omo na u sabi.

An Organisation that is older than any other publishing organization in the world today should arm itself with a firm of seasoned lawyers to protect their rights and reputation. You do not imagine that the KJ organization is that dumb not to do that. A Bible version tagged the KJB cannot be floating in the market for almost a decade without an official statement from the organization if it were false. Figure that!

Stop representing an organization that does not warrant your services. I want you to figure it out yourself. I will not post the links here.
even if i do not represent the organization, i represent historical truth u r trying so hard to bend. Wch one is kjb, i know kjv undecided

You cannot say that now. You started off by handpicking your preferred Bible versions(KJB and ERV). Stop jumping out of every sinking ship. If publishing is a business, why use these Bible versions as your barometer to judge the JW Bible? You can only use a proven metric that you believe in to measure others. You must ride with them till their wheels fall off.
i actually started by reading ur own version to u where Adonia in d original Hebrew is translated as Jehovah.. (talking about spurious insertion? I didn't even mention it)

Baʹal means “Owner,” “Master”.
Lord means “Sir,” “Owner,” “Master”

Thank Jehovah for showing you this. I left you for one whole week and this thing remained a puzzle to you. Even the people that you give you 10% to could not help you out. We thank Jehovah anyway.
interesting.. So the word translated as lord in d scripture is baal? Please show me where it is? U must think am one of those ur jw midgets
By d way, Lord is an English word..

List the words interpreted as Lord in the Bible
u can research dat ursef nd first of all check d original Hebrew to see if it is not Adonai dat ur 5 illiterate men committee translated as jehova

Are you pitting the KJB organization against its works now? Is it now a case of the one that you use and the other ones that they published? Do you want to liquidate the organization and possibly retract their publishing right? will you liaise with other top Trinitarian intellectuals to a crusade against the KJB?
dat is if u agree u are a catholic nd guilty of all the sins d catholic church committed in history. If u will, den u can say dat about d kjv too.

LOL. How can we identify the difference? We are only watching things unfold. The onus is on you to decide to expose those people who are not your examples so that other Trinitarians will lesser intellectual might understand the pitfalls.
Go and check the original Hebrew den tell me the tetragramation if its Yahweh or Adonai

Well, if you believe so. We might delve extensively into this topic in some other thread.
The Catholics reading this might attack you. I do not want to start a war in this thread. smiley
thanks for the concern, let dem bring it on

Out of curiosity though, I want to ask you why many Pentecostal girls frown upon marrying Catholic men.
same reason ur jw folks prefer to marry amongst ursef
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Peacefullove: 3:08pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:
Seems this thread has been avoided grin

I can't laugh

Your point exactly ?
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Peacefullove: 3:12pm On May 06, 2018
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Peacefullove: 3:12pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:
Lolzzz..
Philippians 2 tells us Jesus took the form of a servant.. He took it temporarily when he came on earth. U don't seem to know d difference between the helpless Jesus on d the cross and the Glorified Jesus dat Paul encountered on his way to Damascus. Jesus was on earth as a man for a reason wch he eventually accomplished. He is now glorified(glory restored).
To say if Jesus is greater than the true God is blatantly calling Jesus a false God even when the Bible refers to him as "The mighty God". By d way, ur concept of greatness seems earthly and carnal. U are looking tru the lense of power struggle dat exists on earth. If can fathom the mathematics of 1+1=1(wch is a mystery), den u can possibly fathom 1+1+1=1

analysis that's dead on arrival

Can a person be equal with HIS GOD ?
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

analysis that's dead on arrival

Can a person be equal with HIS GOD ?
u should know better than quoting me as far as this forum is concerned. U av to first go back and answer those questions i asked and you avoided before you can ask me anything. Av seen ur mentions on another thread but u know better than mentioning me. Answer d questions i asked you or just keep wasting your time on my mention
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Peacefullove: 3:39pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:
u should know better than quoting me as far as this forum is concerned. U av to first go back and answer those questions i asked and you avoided before you can ask me anything. Av seen ur mentions on another thread but u know better than mentioning me. Answer d questions i asked you or just keep wasting your time on my mention

Don't be scared grin , Relax ..

Just reply the question.

Beside, you can drop the link to the thread where you feel I didn't answer you.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Peacefullove: 3:41pm On May 06, 2018
Can a person be equal with HIS GOD?

Vital area

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

Don't be scared grin , Relax ..

Just reply the question.

Beside, you can drop the link to the thread where you feel I didn't answer you.
scared of you? Wev had discussions in d past and u refused to answer my questions. I spent weeks on dis particular thread waiting for reasonable arguments nd non came. Answer the question i asked u first and see if i wont answer wateva u think u av in ur arsenal.
https://www.nairaland.com/3833612/christian-need-see/1
Go there and answer the question i asked den we continue

(1) (2) (Reply)

'jesus's Resurrection' A Topic That Exposes Jehovah Witness Organisation. / Giveaway: I Need Ideas!! / Help: How Can I Get Bible Download For Macbook Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.