Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? (2291 Views)

God the father, son (Jesus Christ) & Holy Spirit is the only true God / Is Jesus God? / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 06, 2018
In John 14:28 Jesus himself said, "for my Father is greater than I"

In John 13:16 Jesus said "The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he(JESUS) that is sent greater than he(GOD) that sent him.

Can this be co-equality?

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by segsman(m): 7:04am On Apr 06, 2018
Jesus is the son of God

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:

In John 13:16 Jesus said "The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he(JESUS) that is sent greater than he(GOD) that sent him.

Can this be co-equality?
Lolzzz..
Philippians 2 tells us Jesus took the form of a servant.. He took it temporarily when he came on earth. U don't seem to know d difference between the helpless Jesus on d the cross and the Glorified Jesus dat Paul encountered on his way to Damascus. Jesus was on earth as a man for a reason wch he eventually accomplished. He is now glorified(glory restored).
To say if Jesus is greater than the true God is blatantly calling Jesus a false God even when the Bible refers to him as "The mighty God". By d way, ur concept of greatness seems earthly and carnal. U are looking tru the lense of power struggle dat exists on earth. If can fathom the mathematics of 1+1=1(wch is a mystery), den u can possibly fathom 1+1+1=1
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by sonmvayina(m): 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
I don't know..hard to tell,

But is spider man greater than Stan Lee?
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:

Can this be co-equality?

You quote a verse wrongly and you also quoted the verse out of the context in which it was used. This is real life deceit. Thank God the chapter has 15 verses before the 16th one. You are not trying at all.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:

Can this be co-equality?
You quote a verse wrongly and you also quoted the verse out of the context in which it was used. This is real life deceit. Thank God the chapter has 15 verses before the 16th one. You are not trying at all.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
salvation101:
Lolzzz..
Philippians 2 tells us Jesus took the form of a servant.. He took it temporarily when he came on earth.
Alright! At what time did he regain his position beside the father?
salvation101:

U don't seem to know d difference between the helpless Jesus on d the cross and the Glorified Jesus dat Paul encountered on his way to Damascus.
Oh, cool! I am just seeing that Jesus has been split in two(helpless and glorified). Are there different Jesus now? Is the helpless one part of the Trinity too?
salvation101:

Jesus was on earth as a man for a reason wch he eventually accomplished. He is now glorified(glory restored).
To say if Jesus is greater than the true God is blatantly calling Jesus a false God even when the Bible refers to him as "The mighty God".
So, in summary, are you saying that Jesus is not greater than the true God?
salvation101:
By d way, ur concept of greatness seems earthly and carnal. U are looking tru the lense of power struggle dat exists on earth.
That is an unfair dig. Squarely pre-judgmental.
salvation101:
If can fathom the mathematics of 1+1=1(wch is a mystery), den u can possibly fathom 1+1+1=1
1+1=1 has never been a mystery to any adult individual. That formula has been around before man knew sin.
As for 1+1+1=1 Never in the history of man has a pronouncement been issued(or whispered) that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit ARE ONE.
Jehovah said that the husband and wife are one. Jesus repeated that.
Jesus said that he and his father are one.
Jesus said that we will BE ONE just as they are one
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
Alright! At what time did he regain his position beside the father?
good am glad i could be of help as usual smiley John 7:37-39,
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) .. If the Holy Spirit could only come after Jesus was glorified and we are aware he came after the resurrection.. His glorification was evident in the type of Body he had after resurrection wch knew no barrier. He appeared and disappeared at will and even ascended before the eyes of his followers.

john 17:5,

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

Oh, cool! I am just seeing that Jesus has been split in two(helpless and glorified). Are there different Jesus now? Is the helpless one part of the Trinity too?
that's nice, Infact you should be seeing three. The one at the beginning who shared same glory with the father , the one who came (died for sin of mankind and is now resurrected) and the one who is now Glorified. And its the selfsame person, yes he was equal with God while on earth, not in glory or power but in being. He is who he is. Dat a president temporarily decides to leave his luxury and security details just to mingle with his subject in order to see their situation clearly, doesn't change the fact dat he is who he is but wit a lesser glory (albeit very temporary till his purpose is fulfilled)

So, in summary, are you saying that Jesus is not greater than the true God?
the concept of him being greater or lesser only exists in ur human imagination from experience of a corrupted world. There is no competition among the Godhead. The glory is shared

That is an unfair dig. Squarely pre-judgmental.
well maybe i shouldn't have personalized it to you. The fact is humans try to understand scripture from their knowledge of a corrupted system like the one in d world.

1+1=1 has never been a mystery to any adult individual. That formula has been around before man knew sin.
if every adult knew it already , Jesus wouldn't have taught it. And we wouldn't still be experiencing polygeny and polyandry in our world today. So u see its still a mystery dat even science cannot demystify.

As for 1+1+1=1 Never in the history of man has a pronouncement been issued(or whispered) that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit ARE ONE.
Jehovah said that the husband and wife are one. Jesus repeated that.
Jesus said that he and his father are one.
Jesus said that we will BE ONE [b]just as they are one[/b]
yes, Jesus was right.. We will be one with God, not in this life though, but in that wch is to come when our mortality shall put on immortality. Only the saints of God will experience dat
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
salvation101:
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) .. If the Holy Spirit could only come after Jesus was glorified and we are aware he came after the resurrection.. His glorification was evident in the type of Body he had after resurrection wch knew no barrier. He appeared and disappeared at will and even ascended before the eyes of his followers.

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
Do you believe that all things are of thee, the one Jesus called the ONLY TRUE GOD?
In all above, I did not get your answer to my question. At what time did he regain his position beside the father? Or, at what time did he take back what he emptied before taking the form of a servant?
salvation101:

that's nice, Infact you should be seeing three. The one at the beginning who shared same glory with the father , the one who came (died for sin of mankind and is now resurrected) and the one who is now Glorified. And its the selfsame person,
You mean that you split Jesus in three separate entities and funneled him to one same person?
salvation101:

yes he was equal with God while on earth, not in glory or power but in being.
This is a cacophony to the Bible's teaching. Jesus cried, prayed to and knelt down to the only one who SAVED him from the grave. He called that one the ONLY TRUE GOD and his God. That same one you refer to as being equal to Jesus? How can he be equal (not in power or glory but) in being alone? Can you show me a place in the Bible where it written?
salvation101:
He is who he is. Dat a president temporarily decides to leave his luxury and security details just to mingle with his subject in order to see their situation clearly, doesn't change the fact dat he is who he is but wit a lesser glory (albeit very temporary till his purpose is fulfilled)
A president is not WHO one is but what one is. It is only a position and not a characteristic of the person. Using your analysis, If the father sent Jesus to the earth and told him the message to pass on to his chosen ones, it did not make Jesus the only true God but the Son of God ( the Christ). He said that he WAS SENT by 'God'.
salvation101:

the concept of him being greater or lesser only exists in ur human imagination from experience of a corrupted world.
John 14:28 "You heard me say,...the father is greater than I". Those were Jesus words. Did you hear him? Is your statement above referring to Jesus?
salvation101:
There is no competition among the Godhead. The glory is shared

well maybe i shouldn't have personalized it to you. The fact is humans try to understand scripture from their knowledge of a corrupted system like the one in d world.

if every adult knew it already , Jesus wouldn't have taught it. And we wouldn't still be experiencing polygeny and polyandry in our world today. So u see its still a mystery dat even science cannot demystify.

yes, Jesus was right.. We will be one with God, not in this life though, but in that wch is to come when our mortality shall put on immortality. Only the saints of God will experience dat
Jesus actually said that 'the world' would know through this oneness that Jehovah sent him and loved them. But you said it will not happen in this life. Are you re-writing the Bible? John 17:22 ...that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
Do you believe that all things are of thee, the one Jesus called the ONLY TRUE GOD?
In all above, I did not get your answer to my question. At what time did he regain his position beside the father? Or, at what time did he take back what he emptied before taking the form of a servant?
see how you quickly tried to dodge the portion i pointed out to you and change the topic. Did you see where Jesus prayed for the restoration of glory he shared with the father from the beginning? Is it new to you? Av u learnt something new now? Do you now believe that Jesus was glorified after his resurrection?

You mean that you split Jesus in three separate entities and funneled him to one same person?
you seem to be a lover of cartoons. Well this is more than "Marvel series".. You have a Bible dont you? Put ur desire for argument aside for a minute and try to understand. You wouldn't argue dat Jesus partook in the creation of the world with the father would you? That same Jesus (the Word) was a little baby in a manger plenty years after. Jesus at the beginning was not a man but just the son of God, then he became a son of man..

This is a cacophony to the Bible's teaching. Jesus cried, prayed to and knelt down to the only one who SAVED him from the grave. He called that one the ONLY TRUE GOD and his God. That same one you refer to as being equal to Jesus? How can he be equal (not in power or glory but) in being alone? Can you show me a place in the Bible where it written?
because the Glory was left with him temporarily wch Jesus prayed to be restored back. Jesus as a man on earth didn't come with the Glory he shared with God at the beginning. U can't delete Philippians 2 from your bible u know?

A president is not WHO one is but what one is. It is only a position and not a characteristic of the person. Using your analysis, If the father sent Jesus to the earth and told him the message to pass on to his chosen ones, it did not make Jesus the only true God but the Son of God ( the Christ). He said that he WAS SENT by 'God'.
me i no kuku sabi plenty English, just d little i need to get by. While you emphasize on who or what, you missed the analogy set before you. Does the president leaving the glory to accomplish a task for a given period take away the fact that he is a president?

John 14:28 "You heard me say,...the father is greater than I". Those were Jesus words. Did you hear him? Is your statement above referring to Jesus?
you refused to quote where he said himself and the father are one undecided

Jesus actually said that 'the world' would know through this oneness that Jehovah sent him and loved them. But you said it will not happen in this life. Are you re-writing the Bible? John 17:22 ...that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
and has the world done that? No one is rewriting the Bible, u r the one evading the truth. Has the world now known?
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
salvation101:
see how you quickly tried to dodge the portion i pointed out to you and change the topic. Did you see where Jesus prayed for the restoration of glory he shared with the father from the beginning? Is it new to you? Av u learnt something new now? Do you now believe that Jesus was glorified after his resurrection?
LOL you are a drama queen. I will not be the one dodging because I am expecting the answer to my question. My question is still unanswered. At what TIME did he regain his position beside the father? Or, at what time did he take back what he emptied before taking the form of a servant?
salvation101:

you seem to be a lover of cartoons. Well this is more than "Marvel series".. You have a Bible dont you? Put ur desire for argument aside for a minute and try to understand. You wouldn't argue dat Jesus partook in the creation of the world with the father would you? That same Jesus (the Word) was a little baby in a manger plenty years after. Jesus at the beginning was not a man but just the son of God, then he became a son of man..
Oh, cool.
salvation101:

because the Glory was left with him temporarily wch Jesus prayed to be restored back. Jesus as a man on earth didn't come with the Glory he shared with God at the beginning. U can't delete Philippians 2 from your bible u know?
Philippians 2:6 King James Bible
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Philippians 2 says that he was in the form of God but it never said that he was God. In the form = of God. Adam was made in the image = of God.
salvation101:

me i no kuku sabi plenty English, just d little i need to get by. While you emphasize on who or what, you missed the analogy set before you. Does the president leaving the glory to accomplish a task for a given period take away the fact that he is a president?
It does not and I get the underlying meaning.
salvation101:

you refused to quote where he said himself and the father are one undecided
John 10:30 I and the Father are one. You must be happy now. cheesy
salvation101:

and has the world done that? No one is rewriting the Bible, u r the one evading the truth. Has the world now known?
The world has and it continues to until the time of the end. If you are waiting for a big announcement from the world, then it is a long wait ahead.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by nans24: 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:

Can this be co-equality?

Your organisation quietly settles child abuse cases in court. But openly condem leaders of Catholic church.

Can this be Hypocrisy?
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Superman30(m): 3:34am On Apr 10, 2018
salvation101:

that's nice, Infact you should be seeing three. The one at the beginning who shared same glory with the father , the one who came (died for sin of mankind and is now resurrected) and the one who is now Glorified. And its the selfsame person, yes he was equal with God while on earth, not in glory or power but in being. He is who he is. Dat a president temporarily decides to leave his luxury and security details just to mingle with his subject in order to see their situation clearly, doesn't change the fact dat he is who he is but wit a lesser glory (albeit very temporary till his purpose is fulfilled)

the concept of him being greater or lesser only exists in ur human imagination from experience of a corrupted world. There is no competition among the Godhead. The glory is shared

correct yourself because God's glory is not shared.
With all these you are spewing here how do you still claim you worship one God?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 4:31am On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:
LOL you are a drama queen. I will not be the one dodging because I am expecting the answer to my question. My question is still unanswered. At what TIME did he regain his position beside the father? Or, at what time did he take back what he emptied before taking the form of a servant?
at some point between his resurrection and ascension... We know that the Holy Spirit could not be given to men except until when Jesus was glorified according John 7:39.. And we know the Holy Spirit came some days after Jesus ascended..

1 Peter 1:21 also tells us he was Glorified
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Oh, cool.
Philippians 2:6 King James Bible
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Philippians 2 says that he was in the form of God but it never said that he was God. In the form = of God. Adam was made in the image = of God.

It does not and I get the underlying meaning. John 10:30 I and the Father are one. You must be happy now. cheesy The world has and it continues to until the time of the end. If you are waiting for a big announcement from the world, then it is a long wait ahead. [/quote] the world does not. Wat do u even understand by "the world".. Jesus put a clear distinction between "the church" and "the world".. The world is d part of humanity dat is still ruled by the devil(the prince of the world) nd his agents. Are you saying atheists dat even deny the existence of God knows his oneness? U must be kidding me
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 10, 2018
salvation101:
at some point between his resurrection and ascension... We know that the Holy Spirit could not be given to men except until when Jesus was glorified according John 7:39.. And we know the Holy Spirit came some days after Jesus ascended..

1 Peter 1:21 also tells us he was Glorified
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
What exactly was it that he regained at some point between his resurrection and ascension?
The Bible said = He EMPTIED HIMSELF AND TOOK THE FORM OF A SERVANT/MAN.
You said = He DID NOT EMPTY himself but he was God and Man.

Now, you are saying that he regained his godliness. How can one repossess the godliness that you said he never emptied?
salvation101:

the world does not. Wat do u even understand by "the world".. Jesus put a clear distinction between "the church" and "the world".. The world is d part of humanity dat is still ruled by the devil(the prince of the world) nd his agents. Are you saying atheists dat even deny the existence of God knows his oneness? U must be kidding me
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
Jesus did not put a distinction between the 'church' and the world, he said that his 'followers' are no part of this world even as they are in the world.
God's people are united today and the world can clearly see them.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:
What exactly was it that he regained at some point between his resurrection and ascension?
The Bible said = He EMPTIED HIMSELF AND TOOK THE FORM OF A SERVANT/MAN.
You said = He DID NOT EMPTY himself but he was God and Man.
He empty himself of his glory and divine privileges. If not, would it have been possible for him to he arrested or killed? U r just merry-go-rounding but i keep showing you scriptures. Except you wanna argue with scripture.. Jesus prayed that the glory he shared with the father be restored and i showed you where he prayed it. Like i said of a president that left his glory to mingle with commoners for a purpose, does dat make him less a president?
In Genesis chapter 18, how did God appear to Abraham? In his Glory or as a man? Or you will say it was an angel undecided

Now, you are saying that he regained his godliness. How can one repossess the godliness that you said he never emptied?

Indeed to you, its a hard saying because it doesn't appeal to carnal mind same way Godliness is a mystery.. 1tim 3:16 says it in a very simple Language. God was manifest in the flesh.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
grin grin grin. John 7:25
25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

Jesus did not put a distinction between the 'church' and the world
1john2:15-17
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

he said that his 'followers' are no part of this world even as they are in the world.
God's people are united today and the world can clearly see them.
and you said he didn't put a distinction between the church and the world? What is the world? Who is the prince of the world? What is the church? Who is the head of the church?
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
salvation101:
He empty himself of his glory and divine privileges.
Now, define 'Form' using Bible references and see if you are in alignment with the truth.
salvation101:
If not, would it have been possible for him to he arrested or killed? U r just merry-go-rounding but i keep showing you scriptures. Except you wanna argue with scripture.. Jesus prayed that the glory he shared with the father be restored and i showed you where he prayed it.
The Bible said that he had a glory beside God not 'shared' the glory with God. Do you know what sharing a glory is?
salvation101:
Like i said of a president that left his glory to mingle with commoners for a purpose, does dat make him less a president?
Your illustration does not befit this your idea. A president who left his glory is different from a president sent on an errand. A president is sworn in (or conferred the power) by the Chief Justice. A president does not have the ultimate power; he is not above the constitution and cannot make laws.
If we narrow it down we will not arrive at your point.
salvation101:

In Genesis chapter 18, how did God appear to Abraham? In his Glory or as a man? Or you will say it was an angel undecided
That is why the Bible said that Jehovah is the Spirit. Did you not read that? The spirit is the force that the Bible said was roving in the earth before the first day of creation. Exodus 6:3 Jehovah said that he appeared before those men and he revealed himself as Jehovah to Moses.
salvation101:

Indeed to you, its a hard saying because it doesn't appeal to carnal mind same way Godliness is a mystery.. 1tim 3:16 says it in a very simple Language. God was manifest in the flesh.
If everyone who doesn't accept your doctrine has carnal knowledge, I think that you need to sit back and assess your doctrine. At what point did you move from carnal to this sage that you think you are now? Let me quote your supposed weapon, 1 tim 3:16
1 Timothy 3:16
English Standard Version
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

The Bible never said that God is a mystery, rather it said that the mystery of the godliness. What does godliness mean to you? The inclusion of 'God' in that verse is heretical because without a doubt, the very you that I know cannot deny that you are oblivious that the noun(God) is not found in the Greek manuscript.

That being said, what really is your point in 1 Timothy 3:16?
salvation101:

grin grin grin. John 7:25
25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
John 3:16 Jesus that that he is the only begotten son of God. Do you accept that or do you say otherwise?
salvation101:

1john2:15-17
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

and you said he didn't put a distinction between the church and the world? What is the world? Who is the prince of the world? What is the church? Who is the head of the church?
The church or congregation is a composition of Jesus followers and wolves.
1 Peter 4:17 says that judgment will begin in the house of God. There are also worldly ones in his house.

Malachi 3:18
New International Version
And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.

So if you create a distinction between the world and the church, then you have missed the mark.

Galatians 2:4 says that false brothers are also in the rank of believers.

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:
Now, define 'Form' using Bible references and see if you are in alignment with the truth.
that would be extra work for me but you can help me out if you have d answer handy

The Bible said that he had a glory beside God not 'shared' the glory with God. Do you know what sharing a glory is?
he had a Glory with God, tell me a man or an angel who had a glory with God in the entire Bible. Dat is a food for thought for you.

Your illustration does not befit this your idea. A president who left his glory is different from a president sent on an errand. A president is sworn in (or conferred the power) by the Chief Justice. A president does not have the ultimate power; he is not above the constitution and cannot make laws.
If we narrow it down we will not arrive at your point.
my illustration with the president was a very clear one but as usual u missed it( our maybe pretended to miss it)... Taking your example, the president was sent on an errand, does dat change the fact the he is still the president? Does his going on the errand make him not to be d president? Guess u didn't think of dat. Let me digress with you a little bit, To say the president of a country doesn't av ultimate power is debatable. It simply has to do with the type of government being practiced. Who would u regard as the president of North Korea? I hope you know he is more powerful than their constitution of dat country?

That is why the Bible said that Jehovah is the Spirit. Did you not read that? The spirit is the force that the Bible said was roving in the earth before the first day of creation. Exodus 6:3 Jehovah said that he appeared before those men and he revealed himself as Jehovah to Moses.
u didn't open Genesis 18 and i know it, let me help you out
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
Here the Lord appeared in form of 3 men (u still doubting trinity abi). Did the Lord appear in his Glory like Moses saw him? Did your Bible also refer to the there men as "The Lord"?

If everyone who doesn't accept your doctrine has carnal knowledge, I think that you need to sit back and assess your doctrine. At what point did you move from carnal to this sage that you think you are now? Let me quote your supposed weapon, 1 tim 3:16
1 Timothy 3:16
English Standard Version
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.
1cor 2:14 says a carnal mind can't receive the things of God so yes, those stumbling at the doctrine of trinity by virtue of d fact it doesn't appear to their senses are indeed carnal

The Bible never said that God is a mystery, rather it said that the mystery of the godliness. What does godliness mean to you? The inclusion of 'God' in that verse is heretical because without a doubt, the very you that I know cannot deny that you are oblivious that the noun(God) is not found in the Greek manuscript.

That being said, what really is your point in 1 Timothy 3:16?
so you didn't even understand a statement and you already replied, ok i forgive you, now why did you omit the remaining portion of dat scripture, don't you think its dishonest? The part dat said "God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." or is it because it answers all ur previous questions?

John 3:16 Jesus that that he is the only begotten son of God. Do you accept that or do you say otherwise?
and where did i say i didn't believe it?

The church or congregation is a composition of Jesus followers and wolves.
1 Peter 4:17 says that judgment will begin in the house of God. There are also worldly ones in his house.

Malachi 3:18
And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.

So if you create a distinction between the world and the church, then you have missed the mark.

Galatians 2:4 says that false brothers are also in the rank of believers.

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom.

that is not what the Church is.. Church is the body of genuine believers in christ and its non denominational. Those that are part of the glorious Church Christ is head of have been called to be separate from the world..(not segregation but separate from the ways of the world)
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2018
salvation101:
that would be extra work for me but you can help me out if you have d answer handy
cheesy You are too smart not to know that. The answer disagrees with your ideology but you know it.
salvation101:

he had a Glory with God, tell me a man or an angel who had a glory with God in the entire Bible. Dat is a food for thought for you.
If you check the Greek word, you can tell the proper use of that word in comparison to other verses where it is used.
salvation101:

my illustration with the president was a very clear one but as usual u missed it( our maybe pretended to miss it)... Taking your example, the president was sent on an errand, does dat change the fact the he is still the president? Does his going on the errand make him not to be d president? Guess u didn't think of dat. Let me digress with you a little bit, To say the president of a country doesn't av ultimate power is debatable. It simply has to do with the type of government being practiced. Who would u regard as the president of North Korea? I hope you know he is more powerful than their constitution of dat country?
Yes, he is and that is why he is not regarded as a president but a supreme leader. I am sure that you learned this during your high school days. President = Republic.
salvation101:

u didn't open Genesis 18 and i know it, let me help you out
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
Here the Lord appeared in form of 3 men (u still doubting trinity abi). Did the Lord appear in his Glory like Moses saw him? Did your Bible also refer to the there men as "The Lord"?
But we are talking about God and not Lord. There are many appearances in the Bible and time will run out if we go into each appearance. King James Bible
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
The term "Lord" does not literally mean the name of God. It is a title used to address many people even idols. The Bible says 'TO US'. Are you part of the 'us'?
salvation101:

1cor 2:14 says a carnal mind can't receive the things of God so yes, those stumbling at the doctrine of trinity by virtue of d fact it doesn't appear to their senses are indeed carnal
LOL are you taking judgment into your hands? Haha you have to be careful because God alone can be sure about who is carnal or not. He says that they are his sheep and he will reel them into his fold. You cannot call people carnal for adhering to the truth found in the Bible. You are telling people that it is a mystery so they cannot fully understand, yet the Bible has an alternative message for them and it is found in Jesus word at John 20:17. He said this after he was resurrected as a spirit, so no one can claim that he was a human at this point. And, he said that all power had been given to him. After receiving all power, he still referred to Jehovah as his God.
salvation101:

so you didn't even understand a statement and you already replied, ok i forgive you, now why did you omit the remaining portion of dat scripture, don't you think its dishonest? The part dat said "God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." or is it because it answers all ur previous questions?

and where did i say i didn't believe it?
LOL I will post the entire verse to your delight. 1 Timothy 3:16 Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory.’

The below is what you translated as 'God' in that verse of your Bible. Kindly compare the use of that word(Ὃς(Greek) = Hos(Transliteration) with other verses in your Bible and tell me if there is a mindful alteration in your Bible.

Ὃς(Greek) = Hos(Transliteration) = who / whosoever
salvation101:

that is not what the Church is.. Church is the body of genuine believers in christ and its non denominational. Those that are part of the glorious Church Christ is head of have been called to be separate from the world..(not segregation but separate from the ways of the world)
LOL the Church that you know are separate from themselves. You are against Catholic doctrines, the Catholics are in contention with some of your doctrines, Charismatic is against some RCC doctrines, Anglicans are against some of your doctrines, Christ embassy is against some of RCCG doctrines, Omega fire is against Emmanuel Church.
So, which is the Church that is separate from the world?
Can you tell me specifically the Church that is not a part of the world?
Who are the people of the world in this regard and what are the distinctions that separate them from the Church?
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:
cheesy You are too smart not to know that. The answer disagrees with your ideology but you know it.
i still would have appreciated you prove me wrong with facts

If you check the Greek word, you can tell the proper use of that word in comparison to other verses where it is used.
i will appreciate you educate me more on this.

Yes, he is and that is why he is not regarded as a president but a supreme leader. I am sure that you learned this during your high school days. President = Republic.
ok... Take d Supreme leader and put into d analogy instead of president. I hope it makes sense now.

But we are talking about God and not Lord. There are many appearances in the Bible and time will run out if we go into each appearance. King James Bible
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
The term "Lord" does not literally mean the name of God. It is a title used to address many people even idols. The Bible says 'TO US'. Are you part of the 'us'?
nice of you to say this and nairaland will keep this for us for future referencing..
However, i decided to check that portion of scripture in ur choice version ie NWT and the word Lord was replaced with Jehovah. How do we reconcile dat with this ur statement? Lemme show it to you..
[b]Genesis
18:1-33
18 Afterward, Jehovaha appeared to him among the big trees of Mamʹreb while he was sitting at the entrance of the tent during the hottest part of the day. 2 He looked up and saw three men standing some distance from him.c When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to meet them, and he bowed down to the ground. 3 Then he said: “Jehovah, if I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. 4 Please, let a little water be brought and have your feet washed;d then recline under the tree. 5 Seeing that you have come here to your servant, let me bring a piece of bread so that you may refresh yourselves.* Then you may go on your way.” At this they said: “All right. You may do as you have spoken.”
6 So Abraham hurried to the tent to Sarah and said: “Quick! Get three measures* of fine flour, knead the dough, and make loaves of bread.” 7 Next Abraham ran to the herd and chose a tender and good young bull. He gave it to the attendant, who hurried to prepare it. 8 He then took butter and milk and the young bull that he had prepared and set the food before them.[/b]

LOL are you taking judgment into your hands? Haha you have to be careful because God alone can be sure about who is carnal or not. He says that they are his sheep and he will reel them into his fold. You cannot call people carnal for adhering to the truth found in the Bible. You are telling people that it is a mystery so they cannot fully understand, yet the Bible has an alternative message for them and it is found in Jesus word at John 20:17. He said this after he was resurrected as a spirit, so no one can claim that he was a human at this point. And, he said that all power had been given to him. After receiving all power, he still referred to Jehovah as his God.
he resurrected as a spirit? Does a spirit resurrect? Can a man touch a spirit? Thomas touched the scar on his hand.. Does a spirit eat? Jesus supped with them after his resurrection

LOL I will post the entire verse to your delight. 1 Timothy 3:16 Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory.’

The below is what you translated as 'God' in that verse of your Bible. Kindly compare the use of that word(Ὃς(Greek) = Hos(Transliteration) with other verses in your Bible and tell me if there is a mindful alteration in your Bible.

it reads as θεός transliteration is Theos.. You cannot explain this one away o.

LOL the Church that you know are separate from themselves. You are against Catholic doctrines, the Catholics are in contention with some of your doctrines, Charismatic is against some RCC doctrines, Anglicans are against some of your doctrines, Christ embassy is against some of RCCG doctrines, Omega fire is against Emmanuel Church.
Who are the people of the world in this regard and what are the distinctions that separate them from the Church?
well that is the church you know but God is not going to say, alll ye catholic members come to this side, all ye jw come to this side.. Nope. He is going to judge by his word.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
salvation101:
i still would have appreciated you prove me wrong with facts
By Jehovah's grace I can show you from the Bible.

Exodus 20:4
“You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth.

Isaiah 48:10
Look! I have refined you, but not in the form of silver.
I have tested you in the smelting furnace of affliction

Ezekiel 8:2
As I watched, I saw a form similar to the appearance of fire; there was fire below what appeared to be his waist, and from his waist upward his appearance was bright, like the glow of electrum.

Exodus 27:8
You will make the altar in the form of a hollow chest of planks. It should be made just as He showed you on the mountain.

Ezekiel 10:8
The cherubs had what looked like the form of human hands under their wings.

Being in the form of God simply means being in the form ----- of God.
salvation101:

i will appreciate you educate me more on this.
I will not educate but share with you the words that Jesus brought to us from Jehovah, our God.

John 17:5 has been one of your thresholds for discrediting John 20:17. Now, let us dig to see the use of the Greek word in comparison to other Bible verses.
Your Bible in John 17:5 says
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Revelation 2:27 and he will shepherd the people with an iron rod so that they will be broken to pieces like clay vessels, just as I have received from my Father.

Philippians 4:18
Reference Bible
However, I have all things in full and have an abundance. I am filled, now that I have received from E·paph·ro·diʹtus the things from YOU, a sweet-smelling odor, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God

2 Corinthians 11:24
King James Version
Of(from) the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one

2 John 3
King James Version
Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

James 1:7
King James Version
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of(from) the Lord

2 Timothy 3:14
King James Version
But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of(from) whom thou hast learned them;

2 Timothy 1:18
King James Version
The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of(from) the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.

1 Corinthians 3:11
King James Version
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:9
King James Version
Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above(more than) thy fellows.

Hebrews 3:3
King James Version
For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.

Romans 1:25
American Standard Version
25 for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:26
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature:

Mark 1:16
New World Translation
While walking alongside(by) the Sea of Galʹi·lee, he saw Simon and Simon’s brother Andrew+ casting their nets into the sea,+ for they were fishermen.

Matthew 2:16
King James Version
Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of(from) the wise men

Acts 2:33
Byington
So, being raised on high by God’s right hand and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this which you both see and hear.

Acts 3:2
Reference Bible
and a certain man that was lame from his mother’s womb was being carried, and they would daily put him near the temple door that was called Beautiful, in order to ask gifts of mercy from those entering into the temple.

Luke 1:30
King James Version
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

The Greek word used in John 17:5 is παρὰ which mostly means 'beside', 'alongside' or 'from' when transliterated. Trinitarians specifically planted "with" in your translation to highlight the doctrine of the Trinity.

If you search the Greek word, παρὰ you will see that scholars and native speakers render the word as 'beside', 'near', 'beside of' or 'from'. There is no reason for having "with" in that sentence. It goes on to show you that the KJV translators heretically inserted a proposition to project their false doctrine.
salvation101:

ok... Take d Supreme leader and put into d analogy instead of president. I hope it makes sense now.
It still doesn't because a supreme leader is not sent by someone he calls his God to speak exactly his words. There is no 'supreme' when someone is above you.
salvation101:

nice of you to say this and nairaland will keep this for us for future referencing..
However, i decided to check that portion of scripture in ur choice version ie NWT and the word Lord was replaced with Jehovah. How do we reconcile dat with this ur statement? Lemme show it to you..
[b]Genesis
18:1-33
18 Afterward, Jehovaha appeared to him among the big trees of Mamʹreb while he was sitting at the entrance of the tent during the hottest part of the day. 2 He looked up and saw three men standing some distance from him.c When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to meet them, and he bowed down to the ground. 3 Then he said: “Jehovah, if I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. 4 Please, let a little water be brought and have your feet washed;d then recline under the tree. 5 Seeing that you have come here to your servant, let me bring a piece of bread so that you may refresh yourselves.* Then you may go on your way.” At this they said: “All right. You may do as you have spoken.”
6 So Abraham hurried to the tent to Sarah and said: “Quick! Get three measures* of fine flour, knead the dough, and make loaves of bread.” 7 Next Abraham ran to the herd and chose a tender and good young bull. He gave it to the attendant, who hurried to prepare it. 8 He then took butter and milk and the young bull that he had prepared and set the food before them.[/b]
I must say, I appreciate your visit to jw.org, to begin with.
Nevertheless, we did not replace the divine name, Jehovah in our Bible but we RESTORED it. It has always been in the scriptures but taken out by heretics. KJV 1611 in Psalms 83:18 says "That men may know, that you, whose name alone is JEHOVAH: are the most High over all the earth".

If I may quote it in my words, "That Salvation101 may know, that you, whose name alone is JEHOVAH: are the most High over all the earth".

KJV is one of your best Bibles. Do not ever forget this precious verse in it.

Do you know what? The King James organization has themselves restored the name from where they heretically took it out about 400 years earlier. All praise and glory be to Jehovah. [url] http://www.dnkjb.net/ [/url]
Follow the link above to confirm it.
salvation101:

he resurrected as a spirit? Does a spirit resurrect?
For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.
You asked a brilliant question.
Luke 23:46 Jesus said that he committed his spirit in Jehovah's hand.

Man-made doctrine teaches that the spirit is called a ghost that walks about aimlessly until it goes into the heavens. The Bible does not support such false doctrine.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 says that the spirit returns to Jehovah who gave it.
Jesus knew the truth when he committed his spirit in Jehovah's hands. He knows that Jehovah alone can give him everlasting life. Now hear what the Bible says about Jehovah.

1 Timothy 6:16 the one alone having immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal might. Amen.

The only one who cannot die. The God from whom all things came and the giver of life. He brought Jesus back to life and GAVE him all and more.

Jesus was created as a spirit and so are Satan and his angels. The Bible said that Satan will be brought to an end. If a Spirit can be created and can die, then a spirit can be resurrected by Jehovah God.
salvation101:

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Can a man touch a spirit? Thomas touched the scar on his hand..
Yes, a man can touch a spirit. Spirit creatures have the power to materialize and posses fleshly body. The Holy Spirit descended on Jesus in the form of a dove. The angels are also spirit creatures and we saw how they materialized and took up human bodies. Jacob wrestled with an angel who materialized. Other spirit angels violated the daughters of men by materializing. Why would it be difficult for Jesus to materialize and take up fleshly bodies? He disappeared and appeared after his resurrection. He was even unrecognized by his apostles. That should be an indicator to you.
salvation101:

Does a spirit eat? Jesus supped with them after his resurrection
Yes, angels dinned with men inthe Bible. Angels are also spirits.
If man could eat the food of angels in Psalm 78:25, why would it be difficult for spirits to eat with us when they want to. They have the power to materialize and that is by Jehovah's permission. Before Jesus other angels had already dinned with humans.
salvation101:

it reads as θεός transliteration is Theos.. You cannot explain this one away o.
Ὃς means Who. The Greek word used in 1 Timothy 3:16 is Ὃς which is transliterated 'Who' in English. You should check it again for clarity. Take you time to conduct a research.
salvation101:

well that is the church you know but God is not going to say, alll ye catholic members come to this side, all ye jw come to this side.. Nope. He is going to judge by his word.
Correct! You are now in line with me.

2 Corinthians 5:9
So whether at home with him or absent from him, we make it our aim to be acceptable to him. 10 For we must all appear* before the judgment seat of the Christ, so that each one may be repaid according to the things he has practiced while in the body, whether good or bad.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 11, 2018
removetheturban:
By Jehovah's grace I can show you from the Bible.

Exodus 20:4
“You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth.

Isaiah 48:10
Look! I have refined you, but not in the form of silver.
I have tested you in the smelting furnace of affliction

Ezekiel 8:2
As I watched, I saw a form similar to the appearance of fire; there was fire below what appeared to be his waist, and from his waist upward his appearance was bright, like the glow of electrum.

Exodus 27:8
You will make the altar in the form of a hollow chest of planks. It should be made just as He showed you on the mountain.

Ezekiel 10:8
The cherubs had what looked like the form of human hands under their wings.

Being in the form of God simply means being in the form ----- of God.
nice lesson, would take it up from there

I will not educate but share with you the words that Jesus brought to us from Jehovah, our God.

John 17:5 has been one of your thresholds for discrediting John 20:17. Now, let us dig to see the use of the Greek word in comparison to other Bible verses.
Your Bible in John 17:5 says
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Revelation 2:27 and he will shepherd the people with an iron rod so that they will be broken to pieces like clay vessels, just as I have received from my Father.

Philippians 4:18
Reference Bible
However, I have all things in full and have an abundance. I am filled, now that I have received from E·paph·ro·diʹtus the things from YOU, a sweet-smelling odor, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God

2 Corinthians 11:24
King James Version
Of(from) the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one

2 John 3
King James Version
Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

James 1:7
King James Version
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of(from) the Lord

2 Timothy 3:14
King James Version
But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of(from) whom thou hast learned them;

2 Timothy 1:18
King James Version
The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of(from) the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.

1 Corinthians 3:11
King James Version
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:9
King James Version
Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above(more than) thy fellows.

Hebrews 3:3
King James Version
For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.

Romans 1:25
25 for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:26
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature:

Mark 1:16
New World Translation
While walking alongside(by) the Sea of Galʹi·lee, he saw Simon and Simon’s brother Andrew+ casting their nets into the sea,+ for they were fishermen.

Matthew 2:16
King James Version
Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of(from) the wise men

Acts 2:33
Byington
So, being raised on high by God’s right hand and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this which you both see and hear.

Acts 3:2
Reference Bible
and a certain man that was lame from his mother’s womb was being carried, and they would daily put him near the temple door that was called Beautiful, in order to ask gifts of mercy from those entering into the temple.

Luke 1:30
King James Version
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

The Greek word used in John 17:5 is παρὰ which mostly means 'beside', 'alongside' or 'from' when transliterated. Trinitarians specifically planted "with" in your translation to highlight the doctrine of the Trinity.

If you search the Greek word, παρὰ you will see that scholars and native speakers render the word as 'beside', 'near', 'beside of' or 'from'. There is no reason for having "with" in that sentence. It goes on to show you that the KJV translators heretically inserted a proposition to project their false doctrine.
we would come back to this

It still doesn't because a supreme leader is not sent by someone he calls his God to speak exactly his words. There is no 'supreme' when someone is above you.

Ok, wouldn't dwell on dat

I must say, I appreciate your visit to jw.org, to begin with.
Nevertheless, we did not replace the divine name, Jehovah in our Bible but we RESTORED it. It has always been in the scriptures but taken out by heretics. KJV 1611 in Psalms 83:18 says "That men may know, that you, whose name alone is JEHOVAH: are the most High over all the earth".

If I may quote it in my words, "That Salvation101 may know, that you, whose name alone is JEHOVAH: are the most High over all the earth".

KJV is one of your best Bibles. Do not ever forget this precious verse in it.

Do you know what? The King James organization has themselves restored the name from where they heretically took it out about 400 years earlier. All praise and glory be to Jehovah. [url] http://www.dnkjb.net/ [/url]
Follow the link above to confirm it.
it was a nice experience visiting, i should do that more often.
In the original Hebrew, the word translated as the lord in kjv and Jehovah in your Bible..
. U said the word was also used to refer to idols, can you please point a portion of scripture that supports dat.
Lets disect that portion of scripture together...
1---Abraham referred to the three men as Jehovah?
2---How come they are three, thought there was no trinity.
3--- Abraham washed Jehovah's feet? I tot u said no man has ever seen Jehovah, how come Abraham washed his feet?
4--- Why did Jehovah appear as men,
5---when he appeared, did he come in His Glory?
Talking about spurious insertions i noticed a whole lot, but lemme not digress just yet
For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.
You asked a brilliant question.
Luke 23:46 Jesus said that he committed his spirit in Jehovah's hand.

Man-made doctrine teaches that the spirit is called a ghost that walks about aimlessly until it goes into the heavens. The Bible does not support such false doctrine.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 says that the spirit returns to Jehovah who gave it.
Jesus knew the truth when he committed his spirit in Jehovah's hands. He knows that Jehovah alone can give him everlasting life. Now hear what the Bible says about Jehovah.

1 Timothy 6:16 the one alone having immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal might. Amen.

The only one who cannot die. The God from whom all things came and the giver of life. He brought Jesus back to life and GAVE him all and more.

Jesus was created as a spirit and so are Satan and his angels. The Bible said that Satan will be brought to an end. If a Spirit can be created and can die, then a spirit can be resurrected by Jehovah God. Yes, a man can touch a spirit. Spirit creatures have the power to materialize and posses fleshly body. The Holy Spirit descended on Jesus in the form of a dove. The angels are also spirit creatures and we saw how they materialized and took up human bodies. Jacob wrestled with an angel who materialized. Other spirit angels violated the daughters of men by materializing. Why would it be difficult for Jesus to materialize and take up fleshly bodies? He disappeared and appeared after his resurrection. He was even unrecognized by his apostles. That should be an indicator to you. Yes, angels dinned with men inthe Bible. Angels are also spirits.
If man could eat the food of angels in Psalm 78:25, why would it be difficult for spirits to eat with us when they want to. They have the power to materialize and that is by Jehovah's permission. Before Jesus other angels had already dinned with humans. Ὃς means Who. The Greek word used in 1 Timothy 3:16 is Ὃς which is transliterated 'Who' in English. You should check it again for clarity. Take you time to conduct a research. Correct! You are now in line with me.

2 Corinthians 5:9
So whether at home with him or absent from him, we make it our aim to be acceptable to him. 10 For we must all appear* before the judgment seat of the Christ, so that each one may be repaid according to the things he has practiced while in the body, whether good or bad.
so where was his body? Why was it missen at the tomb? Where is Jesus body? So u do not believe in the resurrection from the dead? Are u saying Jesus body is still dead? Dat would be heretic u know?
Where in ur Bible did angels take human body? The Holy Spirit is God, the same way Jesus could take flesh form and The father too as seen in Gen 18.
Now u are talking about Jesus having body but u said he resurrected as a spirit. Do spirit die? Would d fallen angel and lucifer die or dey would be cast into the lake of fire for eternity? How can an eternal being die?
I have researched and the word in 1timothy 3:16 is theos. I wonder where u got urs from.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:28am On Apr 11, 2018
removetheturban:
If you check the Greek word, you can tell the proper use of that word in comparison to other verses where it is used. Yes, he is and that is why he is not regarded as a president but a supreme leader. I am sure that you learned this during your high school days. President = Republic. But we are talking about God and not Lord. There are many appearances in the Bible and time will run out if we go into each appearance. King James Bible
The term "Lord" does not literally mean the name of God. It is a title used to address many people even idols. The Bible says 'TO US'. Are you part of the 'us'? LOL are you taking judgment into your hands? Haha you have to be careful because God alone can be sure about who is carnal or not. He says that they are his sheep and he will reel them into his fold. You cannot call people carnal for adhering to the truth found in the Bible. You are telling people that it is a mystery so they cannot fully understand, yet the Bible has an alternative message for them and it is found in Jesus word at John 20:17. He said this after he was resurrected as a spirit, so no one can claim that he was a human at this point. And, he said that all power had been given to him. After receiving all power, he still referred to Jehovah as his God. LOL I will post the entire verse to your delight. 1 Timothy 3:16 Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory.’

Since you say that there is one God means Jesus Christ is not God, then only Jesus Christ is Lord. Jehovah is not Lord because there is only one Lord Jesus Christ gbam.

Amish and fundamentalist latter day saints should take that award. Unlike you guys that use worldly courts and worldly infrastructure they don't use any of these. They are truly not part of this world. To feed your delusions of grandeur your governing body keeps feeding you guys with psychotic ideas.
Because you want to win the trophy for the church not part of this world you begin to bring out the disagreement between churches in your imagination.

Is this all you people think about daily? In your heads churches are fighting when in actual sense they are not.

See I can enter any church I like and worship there. On the other hand, when you enter a church that isn't a kingdom hall, you develop panic attack or severe form of anxiety disorder thinking you will die in Armageddon.
We are united. You don't have to agree in doctrines especially when it doesn't concern the Bible. The churches are not cults. They don't force you to believe all doctrines. They don't even punish (disfellowshipping and shunning) you for not believing or following their leaders man made doctrines. These churches are very much united than you think. It's just your governing body that has a wrong opinion because their heads are filled with hatred and jealousy of other churches.

In the Bible Christians had different opinions. It's not a crime to have different views or opinions.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2018
Am still waiting replies to my questions ooo
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
Seems this thread has been avoided grin
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 14, 2018
No one avoided the thread but you have digressed so far that I cannot keep pace with you. I have answered many questions that you posed and I decided to blanket the other questions. Giving you peripheral responses to a chain of questions does not make the mark for me. If you have a subject, we can dwell on it and root the truth and not gallivant mentally. It gets boring.
salvation101:
Seems this thread has been avoided grin
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2018
removetheturban:
No one avoided the thread but you have digressed so far that I cannot keep pace with you. I have answered many questions that you posed and I decided to blanket the other questions. Giving you peripheral responses to a chain of questions does not make the mark for me. If you have a subject, we can dwell on it and root the truth and not gallivant mentally. It gets boring.
You digressed first. Go through your comments again. You accused another person of digression when you started it. Just say you don't have answers to her questions instead of all this talk about digression
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 14, 2018
Okay, you just won an Olympic gold. Congratulations!
Hairyrapunzel:

You digressed first. Go through your comments again. You accused another person of digression when you started it. Just say you don't have answers to her questions instead of all this talk about digression
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2018
removetheturban:
Okay, you just won an Olympic gold. Congratulations!

Awwwww that's so nice .... Answer the question stop running away.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2018
removetheturban:
ok, let me keep it simple.
Gen 18
3--- Abraham washed Jehovah's feet? I tot u said no man has ever seen Jehovah, how come Abraham washed his feet?
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 16, 2018
salvation101:
ok, let me keep it simple.
I see how you cherish these questions as if you just found a breakthrough. I am glad that you give me the honor to respond to your questions to Jehovah's glory.
salvation101:

Gen 18
Verse 1 says Jehovah appeared to him among the big trees of Mamʹre.
(The above brings to mind a similar encounter in Exodus chapter 3.)

At this time, there was no mention of three men. Now, where did he see the three men?

Verse 2 says He looked up and saw three men standing some distance from him.

Now, I am confident that you vividly understand the difference between the two locations mentioned above. "among the big trees of Mamre" and "some distance from him"

Now, verse 22 says Then the men left from there and went toward Sodʹom, but Jehovahs remained with Abraham.

What do you deduce from the above? If Jehovah appeared to Abraham and then he saw three men a distance away from him, does it bring to your mind the event in Genesis chapter 22 or Exodus chapter 3?
salvation101:

The Bible did not say that the men were Gods. The Bible says in Psalms 83:18 'you, whose name alone is Jehovah'.

People have represented Jehovah in so many numbers. The number of the men Abraham saw does not quantify the fire that Moses saw and, in turn, does not quantify the number of angels and even Jesus who is the representation of Jehovah.

These prophets and angels have all come in different numbers. If you claim that the three men mean the trinity, why did Jesus come as one person?

As you clearly saw in verse 22 that the men left and Jehovah REMAINED with Abraham and continued his conversation with Abraham.

If the trinity(as you suppose) left and, then, Jehovah remained, it invalidates your trinity doctrine.

How can you explain your trinity after the men left?
salvation101:

I did not tell you that no man has ever seen Jehovah, I quoted the words of Jesus(the one you claim to be part of the trinity) in John 6:46 No man has seen the father.

If you claim that those three men were Jehovah, you are calling Jesus a liar. Did Jesus lie in John I:18?

Jesus came thousands of years after this encounter and he couldn't have said those words in John 1:18 if they weren't true
salvation101:

The bible said that Jehovah's qualities are seen around us and as a result you and I are inexcusable. He has always had representatives to prove himself to men.

Do you understand John 6:46? Jesus said, ONLY THE SON.

Jehovah himself cannot be seen according to his word in the Bible which I believe in.

Men who came face to face with Jehovah came to see his glory. Some saw his exact representation of whom is Jesus Christ.
salvation101:

Jesus said that those who believe will see his GLORY. His glory is what we may see if we believe not Jehovah himself.

Acts 7:55 Stephen was given the privilege to see into the heaven and all he saw was the glory of God but then he saw Jesus at the right hand of Jehovah.

Glory be to Jehovah for revealing this truth to you and to me.
Re: Is Jesus Greater Than The True God? by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2018
removetheturban:
I see how you cherish these questions as if you just found a breakthrough. I am glad that you give me the honor to respond to your questions to Jehovah's glory.

Verse 1 says Jehovah appeared to him among the big trees of Mamʹre.
(The above brings to mind a similar encounter in Exodus chapter 3.)

At this time, there was no mention of three men. Now, where did he see the three men?

Verse 2 says He looked up and saw three men standing some distance from him.

Now, I am confident that you vividly understand the difference between the two locations mentioned above. "among the big trees of Mamre" and "some distance from him"

Now, verse 22 says Then the men left from there and went toward Sodʹom, but Jehovahs remained with Abraham.

What do you deduce from the above? If Jehovah appeared to Abraham and then he saw three men a distance away from him, does it bring to your mind the event in Genesis chapter 22 or Exodus chapter 3?
using ur very own version of scripture, lets analyze verse 3..
When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to meet them, and he bowed down to the ground. 3 Then he said: “Jehovah, if I have found favor in your eyes, please do not pass by your servant. 4 Please, let a little water be brought and have your feet washed;d then recline under the tree. 5 Seeing that you have come here to your servant, let me bring a piece of bread so that you may refresh yourselves.* Then you may go on your way.” At this they said: “All right. You may do as you have spoken.”
Can you see that it was actually the feet of those men that Abraham washed?

The Bible did not say that the men were Gods.
in ur very own words, u denied that the word translated as the Lord in other version is usually used for idols but in ur version of the scripture that very word is Jehovah, how do you explain that away?

The Bible says in Psalms 83:18 'you, whose name alone is Jehovah'.
People have represented Jehovah in so many numbers. The number of the men Abraham saw does not quantify the fire that Moses saw and, in turn, does not quantify the number of angels and even Jesus who is the representation of Jehovah.

These prophets and angels have all come in different numbers. If you claim that the three men mean the trinity, why did Jesus come as one person?
where else in ur Bible was a servant or messenger of God(including angels) referred to as Jehovah

As you clearly saw in verse 22 that the men left and Jehovah REMAINED with Abraham and continued his conversation with Abraham.
what form did Jehovah take while he was with Abraham? Was it his feet that Abraham washed?

If the trinity(as you suppose) left and, then, Jehovah remained, it invalidates your trinity doctrine.
that is only if ur Jehovah is not everywhere and can only be in a place at a time.

How can you explain your trinity after the men left? I did not tell you that no man has ever seen Jehovah, I quoted the words of Jesus(the one you claim to be part of the trinity) in John 6:46 No man has seen the father.

If you claim that those three men were Jehovah, you are calling Jesus a liar. Did Jesus lie in John I:18?
you are the one accusing Jesus of lying here ooo. My question is did Abraham wash Jehovah's feet or not?

Jesus came thousands of years after this encounter and he couldn't have said those words in John 1:18 if they weren't true
The bible said that Jehovah's qualities are seen around us and as a result you and I are inexcusable. He has always had representatives to prove himself to men.

Do you understand John 6:46? Jesus said, ONLY THE SON.

Jehovah himself cannot be seen according to his word in the Bible which I believe in.

Men who came face to face with Jehovah came to see his glory. Some saw his exact representation of whom is Jesus Christ. Jesus said that those who believe will see his GLORY. His glory is what we may see if we believe not Jehovah himself.

Acts 7:55 Stephen was given the privilege to see into the heaven and all he saw was the glory of God but then he saw Jesus at the right hand of Jehovah.

Glory be to Jehovah for revealing this truth to you and to me.
am glad u are back from ur vacation. But still alot of unanswered puzzle.. Did Abraham call those men Jehovah? In my version of scripture he called them "Lord" but ur version of scripture changed it to Jehovah. Do u see that those who wrote ur scripture actually agreed that those men were Jehovah?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. / The Religion of Atheism by a Brother / Jesus Rebuked The Religious Elite And Their Followers More Than Sinners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 272
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.