Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. (20021 Views)

If As A Christian, You Have Never Experience The Holy Ghost, Then You Are Fake.. / As A Christian You Need These Books From Wise Men And Women Of God / Are You Really A Christian? You Think You Are? Think Again - Moshood Fayemiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by aigboeben(m): 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
lol.. Failed logic....
Man is a three partite being.. Abraham according to the Bible died and was buried but according to Jesus story, Abraham was d one talking with the rich man in hell... His body was still where his sons laid him but he was alive here in paradise. The death necessary for the redemption of man was the death that Jesus died. Wch is death of the body..
Well done. Thank you for keeping the flag of truth flying. It is simple to know that it was his blood that was shed. Some of the questions asked with the intention of proving what is outrightly wrong makes me laugh. O Lord open our eyes to the truth and not religion Ephesians 1 Vs 17-19
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by JesusPeople: 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

hmmm , @ bolded aspect .

the " HE " represented Jesus . So you are telling us ... [Jesus ( HE ) was very much alive , didn't die for anyone . what was in the grave was just the ordinary body HE dropped ?

Jesus died, the body died and was in the grave. The reason we worship Jesus is because Christ is a form(manifestation) of God.

So, Jesus(body) died, but the essense of his dying (body) was to ensure He goes to hell where He will destroy principalities and power (sin- causes and curses)

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

the spirit can not leave the body without the body dying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
aigboeben:

Well done. Thank you for keeping the flag of truth flying. It is simple to know that it was his blood that was shed. Some of the questions asked with the intention of proving what is outrightly wrong makes me laugh. O Lord open our eyes to the truth and not religion Ephesians 1 Vs 17-19
amen ooo.. God has to cos the natural man cannot grasp the things of God for dey are spiritually discern
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
JesusPeople:

Jesus died, the body died and was in the grave. The reason we worship Jesus is because Christ is a form(manifestation) of God.

So, Jesus(body) died, but the essense of his dying (body) was to ensure He goes to hell where He will destroy principalities and power (sin- causes and curses)

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death , that is, the devil;
exactly...

Christ himself suffered when he died for you, and with that one death he paid for your sins. He was not guilty, but he died for people who are guilty. He did this to bring all of you to God. [b] in his physical form he was killed, but he was made alive by the Spirit. And by the Spirit he went and preached to the spirits in prison.[/b]Those were the spirits who refused to obey God long ago in the time of Noah. God was waiting patiently for people while Noah was building the big boat. And only a few—eight in all—were saved in the boat through the floodwater.
1 Peter 3:18‭-‬20 ERV
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by aigboeben(m): 4:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

You earlier admit Jesus was alive during the three days , Simply means He wasn't dead . Abi

But now you focus the gear at Jesus didn't have to die, just his flesh is enough . Can you back this up with your bible ? Didn't Jesus said his soul [ his real person ] will die for mankind's sin ? was he telling a lie ? how could his soul die if his soul was IMMORTAL ?

Are you attempting to prove the 'mortality ' of man's soul/spirit thereby thrashing the truth of eternal punishment of sinners in HELL FIRE?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
Still on the topic ... checking whether the core doctrine of Christianity is true or not .

You cannot be dead and alive at the same time .

either dead or alive .

Some are just dribbling .
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:
now you're twisting my words you're point was that if Jesus didn't die where is his sacrifice and I'm saying he did die to say only the body not that his body died and his soul resurrected, Jesus body resurrected with his soul

Do you understand what you typed at bolded, Contradicting yourself in the same statement ?

Sir, Did Jesus died or only his body ?

1 Like

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
shallow logic again.. D death in the flesh is the same death Abraham died.. Do u believe Abraham is alive in paradise or totally dead

The bolded term I guess was coined purposely for this thread .

What exactly is death in the flesh ? Is it physical death as applied to every living thing or spiritual death ?

Make yourself clear
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by danvon(m): 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

Do you understand what you typed at bolded, Contradicting yourself in the same statement ?

Sir, Did Jesus died or only his body ?
we all know the soul cannot die
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
aigboeben:

Well done. Thank you for keeping the flag of truth flying. It is simple to know that it was his blood that was . Some of the questions asked with the intention of proving what is outrightly wrong makes me laugh. O Lord open our eyes to the truth and not religion Ephesians 1 Vs 17-19

Sir, the bolded is hilarious .

How could His blood be shed if his soul [ person of Jesus ] cannot die as preach by your beloved Salvation101?

remember : the Soul of every flesh is in the blood says The Christian bible , So how could his blood be shed if Jesus soul could not die ?

1 Like

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
aigboeben:

Well done. Thank you for keeping the flag of truth flying. It is simple to know that it was his blood that was shed . Some of the questions asked with the intention of proving what is outrightly wrong makes me laugh. O Lord open our eyes to the truth and not religion Ephesians 1 Vs 17-19

How could His blood be shed if his soul [ person of Jesus ] cannot die as preach by your beloved Salvation101?

remember : the Soul of every flesh is in the blood says The Christian bible , So how could his blood be shed if Jesus soul could not die ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:
we all know the soul cannot die

oh!

The soul ( Real person ) cannot die , Does that not prove Real person called Jesus did not die for anyone ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
exactly...

Christ himself suffered when he died for you, and with that one death he paid for your sins. He was not guilty, but he died for people who are guilty. He did this to bring all of you to God. in his physical form he was killed, but he was made alive by the Spirit. And by the Spirit he went and preached to the spirits in prison. Those were the spirits who refused to obey God long ago in the time of Noah. God was waiting patiently for people while Noah was building the big boat. And only a few—eight in all—were saved in the boat through the floodwater.
1 Peter 3:18‭-‬20 ERV
exactly WHAT this thread is asking you .

The bolded statement point to an " He " that was killed ... does the " He " represent Jesus or only his body ?

Simple
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by aigboeben(m): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

I hope 1 Corinthians 11:23-27 and Hebrews 10vs5 -10 will help you. What did Jesus come to do on Earth? What is the soul of a man?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
JesusPeople:

So, Jesus(body) died,

but the essense of his dying (body) was to ensure He goes to hell where He will destroy principalities and power (sin- causes and curses)

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

the spirit can not leave the body without the body dying

Sir , your first response on this thread said Man lives in the body . Which means the body is not MAN

For example: Nneka lives in her house . The house is not Nneka . Do you agree ?
infact if anything happens to the house, It cannot be said to have affect any Personality of Nneka herself . So therefore, whatever happened to the house Jesus lives cannot affect the person of Jesus unless Jesus died with the house

So that destroyed your desperate attempt to equate Jesus with body , thereby saying Jesus ( body ) died . Totally wrong based on your first post . Jesus was living in the body , he is not the body .

So did Jesus die ?

1 Like

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

The bolded term I guess was coined purposely for this thread .

What exactly is death in the flesh ? Is it physical death as applied to every living thing or spiritual death ?

Make yourself clear

you are dodging my question yet u seek answers from me, be honest at least and answer my question.. Where do you think Abraham is right now? In d grave where his sons buried him or in paradise?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

the Bible says the lifr of the flesh is in d blood where did u get soul from.. Soul is a different part of a man... Body is one, soul is one and spirit is one... Flesh is body
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
you are dodging my question yet u seek answers from me, be honest at least and answer my question.. Where do you think Abraham is right now? In d grave where his sons buried him or in paradise?

The result of this thread on Jesus will answer that .

prove that what happened to Jesus was just death in the flesh ? How could his blood be shed if soul is immortal cos the soul of every flesh is in the blood?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

The result of this thread on Jesus will answer that .

prove that what happened to Jesus was just death in the flesh ? How could his blood be shed if soul is immortal cos the soul of every flesh is in the blood?
u aren't ready for a conversation den... If u can't answer questions and u are only here to throw questions
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
the Bible says the lifr of the flesh is in d blood where did u get soul from.. Soul is a different part of a man... Body is one, soul is one and spirit is one... Flesh is body

Lol, So you don't even know

Darby Bible Translation

for the soul of the flesh is in the blood; - Leviticus 17 vs 11

So how could his soul be immortal of his blood was shed ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by aigboeben(m): 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
Maybe their own translation of the Bible. I knew he quoted it wrongly (possibly intentionally) . Bros yeee, please quote Leviticus 17 Vs 11 for us so we can 'move forward '
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
u aren't ready for a conversation den... If u can't answer questions and u are only here to throw questions

Please either am ready for a conversation or not

prove your statement that all that is needed to die is just his flesh ?

tell us if he was lying when he said he will submit his soul for mankind ?

How could he submit his soul to death, if its immortal ?

*don't think only about me, think about the viewers reading the thread *
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

Darby Bible Translation

u had to use darby translation, why don't u use a translation in modern English.. Even King James version has it as "Life"
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
aigboeben:

Maybe their own translation of the Bible. I knew he quoted it wrongly (possibly intentionally) . Bros yeee, please quote Leviticus 17 Vs 11 for us so we can 'move forward '

grin already quoted sir .

so the question stands
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by danvon(m): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

oh!

The soul ( Real person ) cannot die , Does that not prove Real person called Jesus did not die for anyone ?
When Jesus died his soul descended into a place called Abraham bosom to take Abraham and the old testament believers to heaven
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

Please either am ready for a conversation or not

prove your statement that all that is needed to die is just his flesh ?

tell us if he was lying when he said he will submit his soul for mankind ?

How could he submit his soul to death, if its immortal ?

*don't think only about me, think about the viewers reading the thread *
i av nothing to prove to you or anybody as long as u choose to be dishonest by ignoring my questions.. If u don't answer mine, i wont answer urs.. "Its called fairness "
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
u had to use darby translation, why don't u use a translation in modern English.. Even King James version has it as "Life"

Huh ? Huh? Busted ! So u have no knowledge of the language used in writing your bible?

what did I just hear ?

The Hebrew word for soul is Nephesh, and yes it appeared in that verse ma . So Darby is right .

the question stands

1 Like

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by aigboeben(m): 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

Darby Bible Translation

Why did you choose a translation that uses a word that suits your belief over others? You do know that soul denotes life in the translation you just quoted . I knew his drive was to 'prove' the mortality of soul and counter the truth of eternal punishment in HELL FIRE �
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
aigboeben:

I hope 1 Corinthians 11:23-27 and Hebrews 10vs5 -10 will help you. What did Jesus come to do on Earth?

Teachings of Christianity, he came to die for mankind's sin .

he ( Jesus ) himself . not Body of Jesus .

What is the soul of a man?

As defined by someone on this thread , The real person ...

So am asking if the real person called Jesus died or not ? or he himself didn't die just his body died
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
aigboeben:

Why did you choose a translation that uses a word that suits your belief over others? You do know that soul denotes life in the translation you just quoted . I knew his drive was to 'prove' the mortality of soul and counter the truth of eternal punishment in HELL FIRE �

One fast question: Was the translation wrong ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by aigboeben(m): 5:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

Teachings of Christianity, he came to die for mankind's sin .

he ( Jesus ) himself . not Body of Jesus .

As defined by someone on this thread , The real person ...

So am asking if the real person called Jesus died or not ? or he himself didn't die just his body died
Please explain the two scriptures for us to understand 1 Corinthians 11vs23-27 and Hebrews 10vs5-10
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by aigboeben(m): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

One fast question: Was the translation wrong ?
Were the other translations wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Ladies, See Why You Should Never Take Your Prayer Life For Granted / Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse / Pls Direction To Ori Oke Akinkemi(ibadan) From Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.