₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,116,991 members, 4,584,139 topics. Date: Friday, 16 November 2018 at 02:12 AM

Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) (33917 Views)

My Heartbreak Story...(a Poet's Tale) / Clueless: The Compunction / How To Avoid Heartbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 8:20pm On Apr 06
Mary knew something was wrong when her friend didnt come back home after three days....
Curious to what must have happened to her friend, she started a search for her...
What she thought was just a missing friend's case turn to be a blood bath as series of event took another turn.....
Can she survive in her search when a killer walks around seeking for souls to devour........

Heartbreak have a price especially when you have no clue whose heart you broke........

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by staylon(m): 7:23pm On Apr 08
nice intro kiss
i can't wait oooo grin
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 8:01pm On Apr 08
staylon:
nice intro kiss
i can't wait oooo grin
Relax... Story coming tomorrow.....
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by staylon(m): 4:07am On Apr 09
Silver1996:

Relax... Story coming tomorrow.....
nice cheesy
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 7:07am On Apr 09
staylon:
nice cheesy
You can also follow up two of my other stories...
Love in a circle and kings
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 1:37pm On Apr 09
(BOOK 1 EPISODE 1)

His sight was blur, he has had too much, he knew that for a fact, the alcohol was beginning to intoxicate him, she wasnt worth it, she wasnt worth dying for, but he loved her and he still do and that annoyed him, he gritted his teeth and bit his lower lip, the sound of people gigling from the other seats made him more angry"cant this people just go out and find something better to do"he muttered to himself..

He wipe his eyes with his hands, he tried to stand up from the chair but then he fell down back"How could she do this to me, how could she abandon me like that"he muttered and slam the table furiously with his hands..

He snort as people began to fuse their attention on him, he couldn't take it, couldn't take the heart break, slowly he stood up from the chair not minding if he was the cynosure of all eyes, he staggered to the counter, there he climbed in a chair and looked up at the bar man..

He just sat staring at him, he was inclined to pour his frustration on him, he knew for a fact that after this he may never heal from the injuries that she devil have inflicted on him, he tried to speak but no words seems to come out, he wipe his eyes with his palm then he finally spoke up "Give me a drink"....

The barman looked at him, he knew for a fact,this man was drunk and anymore of what he has been drinking will make him go mad"Sir i think you relax a bit... "

The man grew furious, he was inclined to pounce on him and give him whatever he was feeling,he was burning inside and the bottle of alcohol was the only water that can quench this burning sensation of anger he was feeling inside of him"i said give me another drink "he blared out..

The barman grunts, he knew if he didnt do what he ask, he might cause a scene and that would jeopardize his job..... "if you wish"he said in a faint voice as he gave him the same bottle of alcohol he is been drinking, he placed it in front of him and opened it..

Without hesitation the man grab the bottle and began to pour it on his mouth, he could feel the hotness of the alcohol as it gulp down his throat.... He drop the bottle,memories of the time they have spent together began to creep into his head, how could she forget all the promises they have made to each other, his friends had warned him about her but he didn't listen, now he was facing the consequences for his actions...

He poured the drink in his mouth again, this time not minding the hotness of the content, he drank to a point and he felt he couldn't take it anymore, he dropped the bottle furiously that the bottle almost broke..

He needed to get out of here, get out of this world he was creating for himself, he jumped down from the chair, he could perceive the smell of alcohol that protrude from his mouth....

"Sir you havent paid for any of the drinks you collected "the barman said when he knew the man was ready to walk out..

The man grunts, then he hissed at the barman statement"How much is your bill?, he said with shaking mouth...

"Ten thousand five hundred naira sir"

The man staggered as he dip his hands in his pocket, he brought out his wallet, he tried to open it, when he realise his hands were shaking he handed it over to the barman"Take your money and give me back my change"he blared out..

The barman opened the the wallet, he open his mouth in astonishment as he saw bunch of one thousand naira new notes, he remove the cash from the wallet, then he counted it, it was fifty six thousand naira, the barman knew this was his moment, the man was drunk and he wouldn't even know if extra money was taking from him... When he gets his sense back he will think he must have misplaced it somewhere... He steer at the man who was shaking from his balance"your change is one thousand naira sir"the barman said and gave him the one thousand naira..

The man collected it without hesitation, then he staggered out of the bar kicking chairs on his way out....

Excitement overwhelmed the barman, he looked at the rest drinking and then he began to pray they become very drunk so he can extort money from them... He looked at the cash in his hands and then he congratulate himself for been so smart...

the man stood at the doorpost of the bar, his sight was blur... He couldn't see clearly, he began to staggered as he began to find his car.... The he finally saw it.. He dip his hands in his pocket and took out his car keys, he immediately opened the car and sat on the drivers seat.... Her memory hunt him.. He wasnt going to forget her easily... And might hunt him till the day he dies.... He started the car, close the door and began to drive out.. Carefully he managed to avoid hitting other peoples car... He increase the speed when he was on the highway.... He was frustrated, he wasnt thinking staight.... He wanted to stop but the brakes failed... He just keep driving.. Wanting to dodge a truck on speed, he diverted the steering into the bush, then speedily diverted into the bush... He march on the brakes again but it failed.... There and then he knew it was all over.... The car speedily hit a tree.....

Blood flowed from the mans head.... He tried to speak but words failed... He grimaced... Breathe heavily.... Then he finally gave up the ghost....

A YEAR LATER

OH MY GOD! MANNY exclaimed as she saw the weeding invitation on the table...
"So Rachel the pastor is finally getting married... "she added

Sharon grunts as she flip to the other page of the magazine she was reading....

"This is like a miracle come true... "Manny said still looking at the card as if she still doubt it"Honestly girl, i thought this church girl will never marry..."

"And why would you think that!?,Mary said as she enters the dinning from the kitchen with two plates of jollof rice...

"Thank God the food is finally ready" Sharon said as she dropped the magazine she was reading...

Mary drop the two plates, one in front of sharon and the other manny's....

"You remenber how she parades herself in school as if she is the only one that wants to make heaven, am a child of God, i cant party in sinful places, i cant have a boyfriend, i cant do this, i cant do that... "Manny said micmicking what Rachel use to say...

Manny remenbers how she had told her to join the reverned sisters... Since that will suits her... "i never thought she was going to marry, i thought she was going to die a virgin... "Manny added

"And what is wrong if a girl choose not to party,not to have a boyfriend or even die a virgin...? Mary asked as she opened the fridge, pick a glass and began to pour the juice on it....

"Girl everything is wrong with it"Sharon said as she ate a spoonful of rice...

"Am i not a virgin? Mary asked

Manny grunts"You are Mary the virgin, Rachel was the holy one.... "

"Oh stop, what difference does that make, being a virgin is a choice "Mary said as she walk back to the kitchen...

"Mary please bring me more rice"Sharon shouted after her...

"Its for my boyfriend "Mary said from the kitchen...

"Who your boyfriend epp"Sharon said in pigin

Manny exhales"You are a glutton"

"Thank you"Sharon replied shapily

"Seriously girl, this is a miracle"Manny said as she dropped the card on the table, she serve a spoonful of rice and ate it, she licks her lips at the taste of it..."yummy "she muttered

Minutes later mary came out from the kitchen with a plate of rice, she pulled a chair from under the dinning table and sat on it, she placed the plate on the table"Am really happy for her, i believe she will make a good wife... "

Sharon chulkled "That's if her husband doesn't cheat on her" she gulp down a glass of juice

"Not all men cheat Sharon"Mary interjects

"And i dont think a husband to such a christian girl will ever want to cheat on her..."Mary added. "

That is the problem"Manny cut in

"She is too christian... "she added

"Francis and i have been dating for over a year now and he hasnt cheated on me.. "Mary said with confident...

"Really.. "Sharon muttered....

Manny chulkled "Babe open your eyes, all men cheat, no man suvives without sex, he is either getting it from you or he is definitely getting it somewhere else.."

"Francis is not a sex freak, he had promise to wait until we are married... "Mary said in defense..

Sharon gritted her teeth"come on Mary, what century are you living in, no man is a saint, they all cheat, you are a fool if you think your beloved francis isn't banging some other girls..

"I know francis, he will never do that to me, not now, not ever.... Mary said assured...

Manny exhales as she ate another spoonful of rice.. "when he breaks your heart, we will be here to cheer you up"

Mary gigled"That will never happen.... "

Mary thought of francis, to her he is the best boyfriend ever, she look at her friends, the two of them have been her friends since they were in school, they have been there for her in everything the house they are leaving in belongs to Manny, a rich man gifted it to her after their youth corp service, Manny can be a flirt sometimes but she have a good heart...

When she met sharon, Sharon was a modest and smart girl, but over the years she has change,before now they use to tell each other their deepest secrets,she wasnt sure if Manny has seen the change in Sharon but she knew for a fact Sharon was hiding something... Something deep.....

STAY ONLINE FOR THE NEXT EPISODE

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by staylon(m): 4:34pm On Apr 10
Silver1996:

You can also follow up two of my other stories...
Love in a circle and kings
okay following cool
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 6:59am On Apr 11
[quote author=staylon post=66593333] okay following cool[/qquote]
Thanks
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 6:50pm On Apr 11
(EPISODE 2)

Slowly Mary opened her eyes, at first, her sight was blur,little by little, it became clearer, she look at the time..
"Damn"she blared out as she jump out of the bed..
She couldn't believe time had gone this far, she wondered why her alarm didnt ring, she wipe her eyes with her palm... She preened herself at the mirror then she walked out of the room...
She grunts as she walk to the parlor, the house was quiet, she wonder where her friends were..
"Could they have gone out? She ask herself....
She walk to the dining,she pull a chair from under the dining table and sat down.. She was tired, earlier this morning she had promise herself she was going to go for a job search, she must have overslept... She stood up and walked to the fridge, she opened the fridge...
She exhales as she couldn't find her juice that she kept there....she took a can of water, pick a glass and pour the water on it...
She sigh after she gulp down the glass of water.
Then she heard sounds tinkling , she wasnt sure were the sound was coming from...
"Sharon... Manny.. "she called out but no answer came...
Fear began to run in her spines... Was there someone else in the house with her...
Heart pounding, she muster the courage to go and check her friends room if the sound was coming from there, there and then she heard someone called out her name...
She felt relieved as she immediately recognise the voice... It was Manny, she was home...
Without hesitation, she made to turn to Manny's room....
"You scared me"Mary said when she got to the room..
"When did you wake up, i thought you wanted to sleep all day... "Manny said as she applied foundation on her face...
"I thought you girls have gone out"...she said
"Arent you going for the job search? Manny said as she began to smooth the foundation with a soft foan...
"I woke up late"Mary replied shabbily...
Mary sat on the bed, she pick the teddy bear that was on the bed and cling it to herself "Is sharon in, i havent seen her"Mary said
"She said she was going to Pope's house.. "Manny said
"Pope..!,Mary blared out..
"Yes pope.. "Manny replied as she began to draw her eyebrows
"Sharon is still seeing him after everything that guy had done to her "Mary blared out..
She wonder why Sharon will do such a thing, that guy Pope was certainly a badluck for her, that guy had treated her like poo the past few years, there was a time Sharon almost committed suicide because of him, she had caught that bastard in bed with a girl he claims to be his cousin....
"That lying bastard"Mary said irritated..
"I thought she had ended things with him"Mary added
"That was what she told us"Manny said
"What about Taiwo?.. Mary asked, Taiwo was Sharon's new boyfriend, Taiwo treat her like a Queen, she wonder why Sharon will do such a thing to him...
"What about him? Manny interjects her thought.
"That will be cheating"Mary said pitifully..
Manny drop the eyebrow pencil, then she preened herself at the mirror "If men can cheat, why cant women? She said as she began to arrange her hair..
"You and i know Taiwo loves sharon so much, he will never do that to her... "Mary said
Manny bit her lower lip"Look girl, Sharon knows what she wants, we cant choose a man that will make her happy for her,if Pope is her choice, then let it be.... "
"That doesnt change the fact that whats she is doing is not right, do you know how bad Taiwo will feel if he finds out she is still seeing Pope, you know how Taiwo have fought with Pope over the past few months.... "
"Whatever sharon is doing is her choice "..
"That doesn't mean we cant correct her when she is going astray "Mary interjects...
Manny preened herself once again at the mirror, she preened the tight blue feminine trouser , to the white top that expose her lower abdomen, she pick the blue bag from the bed, and hung it on her hand...
"Time to go girl"She said as she preened herself once more....
"Were are you even going? Mary asked
"To that little party i told you about"
Mary sigh, she had completely forgotten Manny had told her she was going for a party.. Manny had asked her to go with her but she decline, she had planned to see francis today...
"Take care of yourself "Manny said as she begin to leave the room.
"Enjoy yourself "Mary replied as her thoughts still bothered her...

It was 6:45pm when Mary got home, she wondered why non of the girls had come home, she threw her bag on the chair and reclined her back on the chair...
She rest for a while then decided to take a cool shower, without hesitation she stood up from the bed,pick her bag and walk straight to her room.......
Minutes later she came out from the bathroom with a towel tied round her waist, she applied her cream on her legs and face and then changed into a pink night wear, she look at the clock on the wall, it was 7:20...
"Oops! She exclaimed as she walk out of the room, she headed to kitchen and decided to warm up the spaghetti she had prepared earlier before she went out...
Minutes later she took the dish from the kitchen and went to the parlour, she sat down,drop the food and took the remote from the table and put on the tv...
She picked up her phone, scroll to gallery and she started viewing the pictures she took with francis...
She smiled as she flip through each pictures....
Just then a knock came on the door, she quickly stood up, peep through the door hole, then she opened the door....
"Welcome"She said when the door was wide open..
"Uhm"Sharon muttered as she walked in,
Sharon immediately threw herself on the chair... "What a hectic day... "
"With Pope? Mary interjects
Sharon frown"A couple of friends "she said
Mary wonder why she was still lying about it"i know you were with pope today"
"And who told you that? Sharon asked agitated
"Sharon for God sake, what are you still doing with that guy?Mary blared out
"Mind your own damn business ".Sharon retorted, she stood up and walk out from the parlour...
Mary scoffs,she wonder how a girl can still see a guy,when even that guy have given her bruises countless times, there was a time Sharon had come back home with a bandage on her head, then she lied to them she have had an accident, but they knew better, they knew she was lying, that same day she and manny had gone to warn Pope to stay away from their friend.. She just cant understand why she is still seeing him and if she keeps doing that, she is going to end up in a grave

STAY TUNE FOR THE NEXT EPISODE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 9:54pm On Apr 16
EPISODE 3
THE STORY CONTINUES

Mary exhales as she looked at the time again,she wonder why Manny hasnt come home yet, she was inclined to call her, she pick up her phone, then drop it back again... She pick the remote and change the channel, then she heard the door handle tinkling,then a knock came..
Without hesitation, she stood up and walked towards the door......
"How are you doing girl"Manny said aloud as she enters the house...
The smell of alcohol could be perceived from her mouth, Mary shake her head as she close the door...
Manny threw her bag down and sat on the chair...
"Girl, you wont believe it"Manny said with enthusiasm...
Mary smile, she knew Manny was back with those her usual stories of how she and her friends patied... She sat opposite her since Manny was sitting in her chair...
"You wont believe what i saw today"Manny said again, then she noticed Sharon wasnt there, this news was for both ears..
"Is Sharon not back yet? She asked curiously
"She is"Mary replied wondering the important adventure Manny was so excited about
"Sharon. "She shouted
When Sharon didnt reply, she shouted her name again
She was about to shout her name again then she saw Sharon coming out...
"Why are you screaming my name like that"Sharon said as she approach them
"If you know why, you would have ran down here"Manny replied
Sharon sat beside Mary
"Guess what babes"Manny said with excitement in her tone
"Did someone gave you a cheque?.. Sharon said impetuously
"Just spit it out"Mary interjects
"I met a guy"...
Mary grunts, she thought as much
"A very handsome guy, God this guy was so cute... "Manny said
She brought out her phone from her bag and showed them the pictures they took together....
Sharon blush"God,Manny!
"So how did you meet this guy? Mary asked curiously
Manny smiled"I was there with my friends, then he walked up to me and that was it... "
"God am totally into him"Manny said excitedly
"Did you have sex with him "Mary asked
She knows her friend, whenever she meets a guy she thinks is cute, she always end up with saying, we later had sex...she remembered a time when Manny had told them she met a very handsome guy, but he was very bad in bed..
"Girl, I was inclined to, but he refused"Manny said
"God Manny, You shouldn't come so cheap for every guy"Mary blared out
"How many guys have she slept with? Sharon Asked eyeing her
""Practically every guy she has met"Mary replied
"And how does that concern you, if she has slept with all the men in the world, its her life, not yours, stop poking your nose where it doesn't belong "Sharon blared out
"Girls...... "Manny interjects
"Stop.. "she added
"We are best friends ok, we shouldn't do this, is ok for mary to say whatever she feels, it simply means she cares.. "
"Are we done here"Sharon said...
When no one replied her, she walked away
"What is wrong with her? Manny asked
"Exactly what i wanted to ask, lately, she is been acting strange "
Manny grunts"Forget about Sharon, she is like that sometimes,so what do you think of him?
"Who?
"Jacob"
"Who is Jacob?
"Thats his name, the guy i was just telling you about "
"He is good"Mary said in a faint voice
"but dont have sex with him,at least for now, you guys should still know each other better"
Manny smile"Thank you girl"she stood up to hug her ..
Mary remenbers she has wanted to tell Manny something, she has thought about it, she wonder why Francis has ask her to go with him...
"Manny, i want to ask you for something"
"Anything for my girl"She said sitting back in her seat
"Francis want me to go with him to the club tomorrow "
"Jesus..! Manny exclaimed
"So what did you say?she added
"I said i will only go if you guys come with me"
"Of course girl, we will surely be there"Manny said.. She hugged her and went to her room.
Mary sigh, at first she had decline when Francis had ask her, she wonder why francis will ask her such a thing... Francis knew very well she doesn't like going to the club... She had never gone to the club once and she was not inclined to go there but francis has insisted they go together.....

It was 8:49pm when Francis and Mary arrived at the club house,Mary hissed when she saw a stripper dancing on a pole... "This is one of the reasons i dont like coming here"Mary said as they both moved to the counter..
The sound of music echoed in the club ,Mary hated the noise, she hissed as she saw some girls in bun short dancing to the sound of the song, one of the guys was strip to the waist, his boxers was visibly seen since the trouser hook was off, she wonder if her friends were still coming, it was hard to recognize anyone except you get closer since the only light in the room was the blue and red light blinking..
Now she know why Manny loves coming here... Since she knew Manny she have loved this kind of places were people display immoral things.. She saw a guy lick his lip as he saw a girl walk pass with bikini..
"What do you enjoy here? She asked Francis anxiously
"Francis exhales, he was expecting the question, the reason he has insisted Mary comes with him is because he feels Mary was becoming too religious..he wanted her to see that life was more than that, she was too isolated...
"Just the fun"Francis said
Mary chulkled "there is no fun here, all i see here is bunch of half Unclad girls and men who feels they cant be contended with one woman"
"So you saying am not contended with you"Francis asked curiously.
Mary bit her lip"Am not saying that"
"look, men that come here, come here for the fun"
"It looks to me they come here to find some cheap prostitutes"
"This isnt a brothel"Francis interjects
"Really, then what is it called, cos i see no difference between them"
"So you are trying to say i come here because of that.. ?
"Sometimes i wonder what you really do here..... "Mary interjects..
Francis laughs
"This isnt funny Francis,If Peter does it, you can do it too"Mary retorted
"Am not Peter"Francis said shabbily
Mary thought about peter, peter was francis close friend, peter was a flirt.. A big flirt, Francis have tell her stories of what Peter usually do whenever they come to the club....
"You may have hooked up with some of this prostitutes, as the saying goes, you are liable to get influence by your friends.. "
"How would i know you are not hanging out with other guys like your friend Manny"Francis said back jokingly
Mary gritted her teeth
"Trust me babe, i will never do that to you.. "francis added
"Hey girl"....
Mary turned back, she smiled as she saw her friends, she quickly hug Manny
"Hi"Sharon said to Francis
"Hi"Francis replied and looked away
"Francis, you look gorgeous"Manny said
Francis chulkled, he knew for a fact those acolages were mere sycophances
He watched as they left mary and went to dance..
"You invited them, didn't you? He asked
Mary sigh"No i didnt"
"I know when you are lying, i know you ask them to come "
Mary knows there was no need lying "Yes i did"
"Why did you do that, arent you secure with me?
"I am... I just wanted them to be here"
"I wanted you alone to be here with me, not with your friends "he groan at her
"You are saying this cos you dont like them"She retorted
He took a deep breath,he dont like them, he never has, he feels they were bad influence to her, he has warned her several times to stay away from them but she never listens, she always say they were the best friends she has ever had..
"I just dont like them around you"he said shabbily
"You have never liked them"Mary said
"Yes i agree i dont like them, those girls are bad influence to you"
"I have been with those girls for more than 5years and i havent change,have i?
Francis grunts, he didn't reply instead he ordered a bottle of beer
"You and i know that isnt the reason you dont like them, you dont like them cos you think they are flirt,you think they are cheap girls who will do anything for money"Mary blared out
"Everyone thinks so"he said as he pour the beer into a glass
"Then i think you should get to know them better.."she said
Francis nodded, he knows no matter how he tries to persuade her, She will never relent....
"I guess so"he said faintly
"Want to drink something "he ask as he gulp down the bottle of beer..
"No thank you, i want to go home"
"But we just got here"
"Well i dont feel like staying here anymore.."Mary said as she steer around to see if she can find her friends, but the club was so dark, it was difficult to find someone, the blue and red lights blinking cant make anyone recognizable..
"Am sorry"Francis muttered
"Am sorry i talked about your friends in that manner"
"you really dont need to apologize,but know, no Matter what people say, i will never stop being friends with them"
Mary still looked around, when she didnt see them, she turned to face him.

Mary looked at the time, it was 10:46,she let out a low moan, she looked at Francis who has already finish three bottles of beer and was in his fourth ....
"Dont drink yourself to stupor"Mary said as Francis began to drink the fourth bottle
Francis chulkled "Ordinary beer cant get me drunk "
"I wouldn't want to get married to a man with a fat stomach "Mary said jokingly
Francis laugh hysterically
"I didn't know you cared about that"Francis said still laughing
"Everyone wants their husbands to have a flat tummy.."Mary replied
Francis continued laughing
Mary remenbers those days when she use to say she will never marry a man with a big tummy,she chulkled at the thought of it, those were just kids thinking...
She scan her eyes around, she hissed as she saw a man dancing erotic dance with the stripper,she wonder how much this girls get for dancing Unclad.. She looked away, then she saw Sharon dancing alone in one corner, her face was not too clear but she knew for a fact it was Sharon, she could recognise her even from a long distance... "That is my friend"She said
She excuse herself and started walking towards her, she push people aside making sure she doesn't lost glance of her, she touch her from behind when she got to where she was..
"I want to go home"She said...
Sharon continue dancing as if she didn't hear her
Mary felt she didn't hear because of the loud music
"Were is Manny? She said this time very loud..
Sharon frown as she stop dancing "She is over there"she said pointing to a chair...
She look at were Sharon has pointed, there she saw Manny sitting in the midst of two men, she felt guilty, if she knew this would happen, she wouldn't have ask her to come with her...
Sharon followed her as she walked up to Manny, she signalled Manny who immediately stood up..
"Whats wrong girls"Manny asked
"I want to go home"Mary said
"Me too"Sharon interjects
Alright, you can take the car, i will come home later"Manny said as she went back to the men..
"Manny.. "Mary said after her
"The car keys are with me"Sharon said
Mary exhales shapily,the thought of leaving Manny really bothered her but Manny wasn't a child, if its her decision to stay behind...then she should..
"I should talk to Francis"
"Am waiting in the car"Sharon said

It was 11:49pm when they got home....
"we shouldn't have left Manny behind"Mary said
"Please Mary, Manny is not a child, so please stop treating her like one"Sharon said and left her...
Mary watch as Sharon walk away until she entered her room... She just hopes Manny stays safe
She wanted to call Francis, but she felt nothing was wrong, she immediately walk to her room, she pulled off her clothes and went into the bathroom...
Few minutes later, she came out, she took her cream and applied it on her legs, she sigh as her phone started ringing, she thought it could be Francis since he hasnt called her since she got home.. She picked up the call, it was an unknown number,with curiously of who might be calling her with an unknown number, she picked up the call...
"Hello"she said
there was no answer from the other end
"Hello"she said again
there was no reply from the other end
she was furious, who could be playing with her, she was at the verge of ending the call,then a voice sounded, the voice was faint
"Hello"Mary said again
"If you want to see your boyfriend, come to the club now... "the voice said and the call immediately ended...
"Helllo, hello"Mary said anxiously
Could the caller's words be a threat, has something happened to francis, she immediately dialled Francis number...
Heart pounding, she waited as the number rings.....
She felt the fast beating of her heart, fear ran through her spines as he didn't pick up...
She called again this time praying he picks but he didn't, without hesitation, she quickly changed into a pair of jeans and ferminine polo shirt, she ran to the parlour, then she heard a tiny voice speaking inside of her not to go, it might be a trap, someone must be trying to set her up but what if something has happened to Francis, she may never forgive herself if something had happened and she didn't go when she had the chance..... She saw the car keys on the table, she quickly took it, she wanted to tell Sharon, but she felt there was no time, what if the time she spends explaining to her, something might be happening to Francis...
Without hesitation, she quickly rushed outside, start the car and zoom off speedily...

She took a deep breath when she got to the club house, she prayed silently that francis was alright..
Slowly, with fear in her heart, she came down from the door and began to walk quietly towards the bar...
The sound of music was still echoing in the walls, she quickly went in, she looked around wishing she sees him somewhere... Then she decided to ask the barman at the counter, the guy must have recognized them when they came... She rush to the counter...
"Hey"She said when she got there
"What do you need"The guy asked...
"Am not here to buy drinks, do you remember that guy i came with earlier.. "
"The drunk one"the guy said
"No, he wasnt drunk"
"I know who you are talking about, he got drunk after you left"the guy said
Mary grunts, she wonder if the guy really know who she was talking about, but anything can be a clue
"Do you know were he went"she asked anxiously
"He went outside with some girl"
GIRL... the word rang in her head,
Mary didn't believe it, she didn't want to believe it, maybe the barman doesn't know who she was talking about...she left him, still looked around but there was no sign of him,she decided to go outside, she could see people smoking, the outside light wasnt too bright either, she began to walk around... A guy in a corner called her but she ignored him, she started heading to the back of the club house, she heard noises, more like erotic moans,then she saw two people clinging close to each other...
"Are they having sex"She asked herself, she wondered how some people could have sex right here in the back of a club house, she was right, the club was really a brothel...
Then she remembers the call, the call taunt her, not minding the people, she began to approach them hoping she could find a clue....the people's face were dark, the red and blue light blinking in their faces only expose a dim part of their faces... The moan grew louder as she approach them....
Her heart sank as she immediately recognise the person's face...
Heart pounding, feet shaking... She screamed his name.... "FRANCIS....
Francis immediately recognise the voice, he stopped, wipe his eyes with his palm
without hesitation, Mary began to run away,she quickly rushed to the car, close the door, with hands shaking she started the car and zoom off
"Maryyyy"Francis shouted after her

STAY TUNE FOR THE NEXT EPISODE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 11:13am On Apr 25
EPISODE 4
THE STORY CONTINUES

MANNY grunts as she try Mary's number again.. She waited patiently as the number rings but she didn't pick, she groan, she hopes Mary was ok... "Why didn't you ask her where she was going? Manny ask anxiously...
"This is the fifth time you are asking me that"Sharon said as she folded her hands and sit on a chair...
"Were could she have gone to at this late hour? Manny ask trying her number again, this time praying she answers, if not for anything, to tell them she was alright ....
"Who knows, she must have gone back to the club house to see that obnoxious boyfriend of hers"Sharon blared out...
"You know Mary very well, she cant do a thing like that especially at this late hour... "Manny said as she look at the time, it was 1:10am...
"God, i hope she is ok"Manny muttered as she look outside through the window, but there was no one there....
Sharon gritted her teeth ,she wonder were Mary must have ran off to, she just hope she is alright wherever she is, she might detest her attitude, but the last thing she ever wish for was her getting hurt or something worse... ..
Manny quickly stood up as she heard a horn outside, she ran outside and Sharon followed suit, she quickly open the gate and Mary drove in...
Manny rushed to open the car after she locked the gate.. Slowly, with tears in her eyes, Mary came out from the car and she was hold to the house...
"What happened Mary, why are you crying? Manny ask when they were in...
Mary gave way to uncontrollable tears as she hug Manny tightly
"Is ok girl, is alright? Manny said
Sharon hiss"Where were you Mary, do you know how scared we were"Sharon blared out
"Sharon please, give her a break, cant you see she is crying "Manny interjects
"Exactly why i want her to tell us what is going on.. "Sharon retorted
Mary release herself from Manny's grip, she wipe the tears away with her hands, then that moment came afresh in her head, she couldn't believe it, he actually cheated on her...
"What happened girl? Manny ask faintly
"Francis cheated on me"She replied with shaking mouth....
She took a deep breath "I caught him having sex with a LovePeddler at the back of the club"She added
"Jesus! Manny exclaimed
"So the almighty Francis cheated "Sharon retorted
"Sharon! Manny blared out
"What",i dont feel any pity for her, dont she always say Francis is the best, Francis never cheats,if she wasn't so full of herself, she wouldn't be facing this right now"
"But how did you know, i thought you came back from the club earlier"Manny said
Mary sniff "I was in my room when someone called me, she said if i want to see my boyfriend, i should come immediately to the club"
"Who called? Manny ask
"I dont know"
"So you just ran off like that, you didn't even dean it fit to inform me you were going out, you just left, what if something had happened to you"Sharon blared out
"Sharon, we should be glad she is ok,you shouldn't worsen the issue with insults "
Sharon hiss"At least now she knows her perfect boyfriend wasnt perfect afterall.."

Mary couldn't sleep that night, she just wept... She rolled over to the edge of the bed since Manny was sleeping in the other end,Manny has volunteered to sleep in her room tonight even if she objected to it,Manny was scared she was going to hurt herself, actually that was what she was thinking,it hurts so much, it was more like her heart has been ripped off her chest, she still couldn't believe Francis could do such a thing to her, she trusted him, trusted him with her heart, now he has tear her heart to pieces ....
Tears began to drip from her eyes, she lean her head on the pillow, she stare at Manny, she was fast asleep, she sniff as she wipe the tears from her eyes...

Confused on what to do, Francis stood at the front of the gate, he was drunk last night, that slut must have put something in his drink, he was sure he has lost mary, maybe forever.. He has sworn to her he would never cheat on her, now he has broken that promise, broken her heart.. He knew for a fact she would never forgive him... He sniff, took a deep breath,then he knock on the gate....

Mary's eyes were wide open, she couldn't sleep a wink last night, the thought of what she Saw lastnight torments her... She just lie on her back staring at the ceiling....
Manny quickly stood up from the bed as the loud knock sounded again, she look at Mary who was lost in her thoughts..
"Mary"She muttered.....
Mary didn't reply, she just lie down staring at the ceiling....
"Everything is going to be ok, Francis isnt what one bit of your tear"
Mary knew Manny was right, that bastard isnt worth one bit of her tear.. She quickly wipe away the tears when the knock came again ..
"And who is that fool that doesn't know when to stop knocking "Manny blared out and quickly went out of the room, when she got to the parlour, the door was already open, she sigh as she saw Sharon going towards the gate...

Slowly with furious eyes, Sharon open the gate... she was inclined to see that idiot who disturbed her sleep...anger flushed through as she saw who was standing there...
"What are you doing here? She ask furiously
Francis exhales shapily, he was expecting Mary to open the gate not this she devil"I want to talk to Mary"
"You lost that right the moment you banged that bitch at the back of the club"Sharon blared out
Francis grunts,just the attitude he expected, Mary has told this she devils she call her friends everything.. "Look, i was drunk, i wasn't in my right senses, i.....
"Save your explanations, you were always a cheat, you just proved that last night.. "Sharon cut in..
Francis groan softly, this girl was making him angry, but he wasn't here for her, he was here for mary, to explain things to her..
"Mary... "He shouted
"Get out you cheat"Sharon yelled
"Mary... "Francis shouted again
Manny quickly rushed to the gate, she just couldn't believe this bastard would show his ugly face here after the stunt he pulled last night..
"Have you no shame, how dare you show your face here after what you did last night"Manny yelled..
Francis called out Mary's name again not minding what they were saying...
"I always thought you were a descent man, i didnt know you will stoop so low to banged a common LovePeddler"Manny added
Francis felt abashed,he was trying hard to control his anger, but he just cant let this one slide.....
"We ve always be right about you, you just proved to Mary that all we ve been saying is true, you are nothing but a cheat and lying bastard.. "Sharon interjects furiously
Tears rolled down Mary's cheeks as she look from the window, the sound of his voice hunts her.
Francis scoffs "You know its all starting to make sense now, how do i know you girls didnt set me up just to prove your point"
"We will never do such a disgusting thing to our friend"Manny retorted
"I have been faithful to Mary, am not like you girls who cant keep thier viginas in one place, girls who will run after every man whose pocket is attractive "Francis said furiously
"Get out"Manny yelled
"Mary... "Francis shouted
"It was a mistake"He added..
"Get out"Manny said pushing him away
"I didn't come here for you, i came for my girlfriend "Francis said as he called out Mary's name again..
"This is my property you are trespassing, and if you dont leave,we will call the police... "
"Fine, call them... "Francis said back adamantly
"Mary, i know you can hear me, i can explain everything, i was set up..
Manny there was no use talking to him,she drag Sharon inside and lock the gate...
"Mary.... "Francis shouted as he kick and hit the gate.

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE

2 Likes

Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 6:26pm On May 01
EPISODE 5
THE STORY CONTINUES

Mary lean her back on the chair as tears roll down her cheeks, would she ever forget him, she was hurt, really hurt, maybe it is because she loved him too much, and sometimes too much can be a disaster....
"That bastard is really annoying "Manny blared out as they enter the house....
She wrap her hands around Mary"stop crying girl, that guy isnt worth one drop of your tear..."
Uncontrollable tears filled her eyes, without hesitation she hug Manny tightly who reciprocated by hugging her back...
"Is ok, you will get through this"Manny muttered
Sharon sigh, she feel pity for her, she knew what Mary was passing through, she has been there before,..she left them to her room..

It was a sunny afternoon, the plates clatters on the sinc as Manny drop them, she rinse a plate and dish three big spoon full of beans on it, she sniff as the aroma of the food... She drop the spoon, cover the pot of hot beans...she placed the spoon on the sinc, then she walk out of the kitchen into the dinning, she sigh as she saw Sharon already eating hers.....
"Is Mary not here yet"She ask when she didn't see her there, she had called Mary earlier to join them for lunch....
Sharon didnt reply to her question instead she ate another spoonful of beans... She exhales shapily as the hotness of it....
Manny drop the plate of beans she was holding, she stare at Sharon and then take a turn to Mary's room...
Sharon hissed, she grunts as she gulp down a cup of water...
Mary wipe her tears with her hands as she saw Manny....
"Girl what are you doing, do you want to kill yourself over a man who dont give a poo about you"Manny said
"Am ok"Mary muttered
"Lunch is served "Manny said...
"Okay"Mary said with a faint smile.... She knew for a fact that even though she wasn't really interested in eating, Manny will keep persisting ...
"I dont want to see you crying over that boy again ok, he is not worth it"Manny said putting her right hand across her face...
Mary nodded, she stood up and follow Manny to the dinning ..
Manny drew out a chair from under the table for her to sit, Mary thanked her and sat down... Manny pushed the plate of beans she had served earlier to her front.... She took a can of water from the fridge and pour it a glass......
Sharon chulkled "So we are now serving her like a princess"
Manny didn't reply, she went into the kitchen, minutes later she was out.... She groan as she realised Mary hasnt touched her food...
"Mary why haven't you touch your food... "Manny ask
Mary took a deep breath as tears began to roll down her cheeks..
"Not again Mary, i told you to forget about this guy, he isn't worth your suffering... "
"I love him"She muttered faintly as she wrapped her hands around Manny...
"I know, is ok"Manny said tapping on on the back...
Sharon hissed "Can you just stop behaving like a kid for a minute.... "she blared out
"Sharon... "Manny groans
"What,she isnt the first girl that has been heart broken,everyday people are heart broken, but they move on, they dont hide in a stream of tears, this tears of yours are really irritating me"
"Sharon can you just stop, what is your problem "Manny blared out
"My problem is her, if she isn't that strong, why date in the first place, does she think relationships are bed of roses or fairy fantasies, she need to pick the pieces of her heart and move in, not coming here and crying on our shoulders.. "
Mary immediately release herself from Mannys grip, she turn to face Sharon..
"This isn't a joke Sharon"She muttered
"The faster you realise that your the boyfriend you always praise actually cheated on you with a cheap club LovePeddler, the better for you"Sharon said impetuously
"I cant take this "Mary said as she left for her room.
"What is even wrong with you"Manny groans as she went after Mary..
Sharon hissed as she g ulp down another glass of water.....

Her sight was blur, she rolled to the edge of the bed,she blink her eyes, her sight started coming to life...she rest her leg on the wall, she has actually slept, she couldn't believe it, since that bastard shattered her heart to pieces, she hasn't had any sleep... Thoughts of how lige will be without him has always invaded her mind... She groan as she try to stand up from the bed, she look at the time, it was 7:46pm.....
"God"She muttered
She has actually slept for a long time, she walk to the mirror.... Her eyes seem dull and blurry, she thought maybe it was because of the excessive tears she had to share because of that bastard.... Before she had fallen asleep she had decided to forget about him... Her friends were right, Francis doesn't deserve her, he isnt worth her suffering, she need to pick the broken pieces of her heart and move on.. That is what makes a strong woman.. She would allow her heart to be a toy to be played with....
She sniffs and then sigh, she wonder if her friends were home, she quickly left the room and head for the parlour...... The house was awfully quiet, she wondered were they might have gone to.... She threw herself on the chair then that disgusting scene of what happened that night started creeping into her head... She quickly took up the remote and put on the tv, she wasn't going to cry again, she has cried enough....... But the thought keep persisting, she stood up and headed to the bathroom, she turn on the shower.... She moan softly as the drops of water began to drop into her body..... She wonder if she will ever forget what happened, she knew who Francis was now, he was nothing but a cheat and sex freak.....
She went back to her room after the shower, she change into a night wear, applied cream on her face headed for the kitchen, she wonder if they had cooked anything, she opened the pot and saw the beans she wad served earlier....
"So Manny cooked"She said with a faint smile...
She lit the gas and place the pot on it....
Minutes later she dropped it when she realized it was hot enough, she dish it into a plate and went to the dinning,she look at the time,it was 8:35pm,she wonder why none of her friends was home yet...she was inclined to call them, she scan around to see if her phone was there, then she realise she has actually left it on the bed in her room...she snort as she ate the first spoonful of beans
"Hmm"She muttered...
She stood up and went into her room, she scan her eyes but she couldn't find the phone, then she raised the pillow and there it was....
She sigh as she pick it up, the phone was off, she quickly remenber she has put it off earlier...that cheater would stop calling her... She Quickly put on the phone.....
She grunts as messages started tripping in ,she click on one of the messages... She hissed when she saw the sender, she deleted it without reading the content... She look at the rest, it was the same person... As much as she was inclined to read the messages, she doesn't want to think of him, she quickly deleted all of them, she wasnt ready to read his silly excuses... He was a cheat, a big cheat, she wonder how many girls he must have had sex with... He keeps deceiving her that he wasn't cheating that he was ready to wait for her and she had foolishly believe him.... Men cant be trusted.. At least not all men, and francis was one of those men that cant be trusted....
She quickly dialled Manny's number, she exhales as it started ringing.... But she didnt answer...
She wonder if Manny wasnt with the phone, she usually picks her call at the first ring...
Without hesitation she called again, it rang but she didn't pick... Fear prickle in her spines, she called again wondering if she was ok...
She called again but she didn't answer...
She had no idea were Manny has gone to, Manny usually tell were she was going, she blamed herself if she had been herself instead of acting like a little child, Manny would have told she was going out....
She decided to wait, maybe she was busy, maybe she wasnt with the phone... But she was worried, very worried, it was very unlike Manny to leave her phone anywere, her phone was like a baby to her,it was more like a second skin...
She drop her phone and finish her beans, she took the plates to the kitchen ,wash them and went back to the parlour.. She look at the time, it was 9:17pm,she wonder why none of them were back yet, they have never stayed this late, the only few times Manny have, she always call.... Though Sharon doesn't, in her case its the other way round..
She decided to call Manny again, she dial her number, it rang but she didn't pick...
Now she was really scared, has Manny not seen her missed calls, she was sure she hasn't, if she had she would have called back... She called again but she didn't answer... Now it was obvious something was definitely wrong.... Manny rarely miss a call,even if Manny was avoiding calls, she would avoid hers..... She decided to call Sharon, Manny must have told her were she was going.... She dial Sharon's number... She sigh as it started ringing.....
"Answer your call Sharon"She muttered....
She waited patiently but she didn't answer....
She could feel the fear running through her spines... Without hesitation she called again... It rang but she didn't pick...
She began to pace wondering where they must have gone to..... She wasnt sure if she had any of Manny's friends number, Manny rarely keep friends, her only friends were they....
Manny love flirting, even if she was hanging out with a man, that doesn't mean she would answer her call....
She called Manny's number again, it rang but she didn't pick....
"God"She exclaimed with trembling mouth...
She called Sharon again but she didn't pick.., where were they, she have no idea....
She clatters back in the chair.... She decided to start worrying and wait a bit longer for them....
She sat looking at the time that she didn't realise when she dose off....

She quickly stood up....how long has she been sleeping, she stare at the time, it was 11:14...
"God"She muttered as she quickly pick up her phone... Her heart gladen when she saw three miss calls.... She wonder why she didn't hear the phone ring, then she remembers she had silent it the previous day,....
"Stay away from me"She blared out as she saw the person's name who have given her those missed calls.....she wondered when Francis will stop calling.... What does he have to explain... His secret has been exposed.......
She hissed as she dial Manny's number again, she waited patiently as it started ringing, she prays in her heart She picks but she didn't....
Fear engulfed her,now she was sure there was something definitely wrong....
She called again but she didn't answer,the she decided to call Sharon...
Heart pounding she waited patiently as the call began to ring......
She was very scared, something must have happened to them, she could feel the pounding sound of her heart when the call ended.. She called again... This time she prays she picks...
"Hello"...Sharon muttered softly from the other end
Mary's heart gladen a bit....
"Thank God you answered, i was worried to death.."
"What do you want"Sharon said
Mary sigh, she knew for a fact Sharon has been acting odd,it was more she had something against her.. More like a grudge...
"Is manny there with you?Mary ask anxiously, that was the only thing she wanted to know though she was glad Sharon was ok..
"No she isnt"Sharon replied shabbily
Shock swept through Mary, if Mary isn't with her, then were is she
"Did she tell you were she was going "She ask anxiously, she could the hissing sound in the call...
"Manny is an adult, she dont have to explain to anyone were she is going "
"She is not answering her calls"Mary said
"That is her own cup of tea"Sharon said from the other end
Mary wonder how Sharon could be so unconcerned, this was their friend they were talking about...
"Have you tried calling her"Mary asked curiously
There was silent, then Sharon's voice came up"If you have nothing important to tell me, then i suggest you end your call..."
"Sharon, for God sake, this is Manny we are talking about,dont you..... "
The call ended before she could finish her sentence, she couldn't believe Sharon had actually ended the call on her, she dialled her number again, it took a while before she picked again...
"what again, dont you have any better thing doing than disturbing me"Sharon blared out...
Mary just couldn't believe it was Sharon that is acting like this"Were are you Sharon"
"Where i am is no concern of yours"Sharon said, then the call ended
mary called again, this time it was busy, then she called again, it was switch off...
"What is even wrong with her?She muttered as she collapsed on the chair..
"Manny where are you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 12:51am On May 08
EPISODE 6
THE STORY CONTINUES

As if she had a bad dream, she quickly stood up from the chair..... She looked around as if someone was there.... She took a deep breath when she saw no one... She must have fallen asleep in the chair... How long has she been sleeping, she quickly check the time.. It was 8:49....she wonder how she had slept so peacefully.... She had slept late.. She knew that for a fact, she looked around, the was exactly the way it was before she slept off which no body has come in... Fear quickle in her spines, Manny wasnt home yet, where was she, she quickly picked up her phone, then she dialled Manny's number.. There was silent on the phone..
She exhales when it started ringing, she prays in her heart she picks, fear prickled her when she didn't pick....
"Manny, were are you? She muttered with clenched teeth, she dial the number again,it rang but she didn't pick.. Now she was scared, it was very obvious something has happened to her friend...but what, has she been in an accident...
She grunts at the thought of it, even if theat were true, at least someone could have taken her phone, she was sure Manny has gone out with her car since the car wasn't in the compound, Manny always goes everywhere with the car..practically everywhere...
She was confused, and the same time scared, she began to pace around the house looking out from the window at every horn of a car she hears.... The possibility that something bad must have happened to Manny invades her thoughts....
If Manny was ok, she would have found a way to reach her, no one sees thirty-six three missed calls without calling back, it was very unlike Manny to stay off her phone, she was inclined on going to the police station... What would she tell them, that her friend left home yesterday and hasnt returned till now.... Or could it be her phone was stolen... If that were the case, She knew Manny, she would have a way to reach one of them... She or Sharon, she was feeling scared, great fear engulf her.... She went to the bathroom to wash her face all the way thinking of what must have happened to Manny... She dried het face with a towel, her mind was unsettled, her hands were shaking... Could she be dead.
She quickly wave that thought away, she was so foolish to think anything like that would happen to Manny, her bestfriend... She is been missing for just few hours now, it wasn't a big deal and she wasn't ready to make one out of it..
She sniff at her own breath, she pick up her toothbrush, spraed the toothpaste on it and then she washed her tooth....
Few minutes later she walk out of the bathroom, then back into the parlour....
She wanted to be strong, wants to believe Manny was safe wherever she is but her inner mind keeps saying the opposite, it keeps telling her Manny was in trouble.....
"Oh God! She exclaimed and threw herself on the chair, just then she heard a knock on the door, she didn't realise when someone passed through the gate, she thought she locked the gate last night, she was so deep in her thoughts that she forgot such a tiny thing.....
She quickly stood up from the chair, praying in her heart it should be one of her friends....
Feeling anxious, she immediately open the door...
Sharon walk in furiously...
"Where were you last night? Mary ask
Sharon hissee"Can you please mind your own business for once"Sharon blared out
Mary inhale, she wonder what was wrong with her...
"Have you heard from Manny?She ask not wanting to get into an argument with her
"You have a phone,call her... "Sharon said walking away
"Can you at least be considerate for once"Mary blared out
Sharon turned to face her"Considerate"She gritted her teeth"
"You think i dont care about what happens to Manny?She added
"You are not acting like you do"Mary said
"You have always think of yourself as the best, you always think you are the only one who does the right things, everybody is nothing to you....
"That isn't what am saying....
"Save it... "Sharon cut her short, she eyed her and walk away..
Mary look at her until she disappeared out of sight
"What exactly is wrong with this girl? She muttered to herself
She sigh, close the door and sit back in the chair, she was inclined to call Manny again, she quickly pick up her phone and dial her number, it was the same, it rang but she didn't pick, what have she not done, she had call, sent her messages but she has gotten no reply, just then, another knock came again, she quickly rushed to the door and opened it..
Her breath seized for a second, then she let out a low moan as she saw the person standing there......
"Hi"He said with a smile curving in his cheeks
Mary wonder who he is,who was he looking for,guys that visit them were always looking for....
"My name is Jacob"He said interrupting her thoughts..
"So this was the almighty Jacob Manny is so fond of"She thought to herself
He was cute just as Manny has describe, his broad chest and shoulders were visibly seen from the tight body sleeve he was wearing, he wearing a dark glass, he was fair, his face smooth and fresh, he was hot, probably the hottest guy she has seen so far.. But he look more like a playboy....
Now she knows why Manny was attracted to this guys, even if the guy wad broke as Manny has said, his features were definitely rich, he could sweep any girl off her feet with those dark eyes covered with the glasses...
As if he could hear her, he immediately remove the glasses from his eyes, he had sexy eyes,....
"Forgive my manners, am Mary"She said when she realise she has been staring at him, the guy must be feeling she was somehow fantasizing about him, that was even the least she can do now, after all that bullshit with Francis, she isnt sure if she can feel anything for anyone again....
"I dont know if am in the right place, but Manny describe this place for me"
"You are definitely at the right place,am Manny's friend and flatmate "
He smiled, his smile was breathtaking, Mary wonder how many women have fallen for that seductive smile of his....
He exhales"For a moment i thought i was lost, Manny never told me she has such an angel like you as a flatmate..
Mary chulkled"Dont flatter me"she said with clenched teeth
He smiled"Flattering isn't one of my capabilities... "
"Is a new one then"Mary interjects as they both laugh
"Is Manny home, we are supposed to meet yesterday but she didn't show up, she isn't picking her calls, so i decided to come myself to ask her why she stood me up and why she isn't picking my calls"
Mary exhales"Manny hasn't come home since yesterday"
He widen his eyeballs"where could she have gone to?He ask
"Honestly, i dont know"
"Have you tried calling her?
Mary sigh"I have lost count of how many times i have called, she isnt picking"
"Have you tried calling one of her friends?
Mary sniff"I have called the few ones i know, they have no idea"
She knew for a fact that Manny isn't the one who keeps much friends, the only friends she keep are the ones whose pocket is loaded....
"Why dont you inside,let me offer you something "she said paving the way for him to enter...
"A nice house you got here"He said as he enters the house... "
"You have no idea how much it cost to get this"Mary said
He sniff"Am inclined to hear the story"he said sitting in one of the chairs"
"Nice leather"he added
"Thank you"Mary muttered
"I would have love to take a picture of this...... And you"he said with a faint smile
Mary knew for a fact this man was definitely flirting with her, but with everything going on with her, she wasnt just in the mood...
"You know.... Add them to my gallery"he said with clenched teeth..
Mary chulkled "You sure do have a sense of humor"Mary said as she walk towards the fridge..
She opened the fridge,took out a glass jug of orange juice, with a glass, she walk towards him and placed it in from of him
"Am sorry, i know you guys dont usually drink this, but its the best i can offer for now...
"Is ok, i dont really take the drinks you are thinking"he said pouring the juice in the glass
Mary smile"the drinks i am thinking......"she chuckled as the thought of it
"So lets talk about Manny,has she stayed out like this before?
"Yes, but she always call anytime she want to spend time outside"
"Maybe she doesn't feel like calling this time around "
"And not returning my calls? Mary interjects
"Maybe she doesn't feel like calling.. "
"Not when you see countless missed calls"
"Do you think....
"I know Manny"Mary interjects...
Just then a knock came on the door, Mary wonder who could be Knocking, was it Manny, was it one of her friends.... With curiosity she hurried to the door, slowly she opened it...
Eyes widely opened, anger flash in her eyes as she stare at the person in the door, the last person she wanted to see..
"What are you doing here? She ask furiously
"I needed to see you"Francis said with shaking mouth..
"Well i dont want to see you"She blared out as she tries to close the door but Francis hold it...
"Please, let me explain "
"I dont want to hear anything you have to say, just stay the hell out of my life, goodbye for good... "she tries to close it again but his hand was firm on the door, he push the door back and walk his way into the house....
"Please Mary am sorry, i didnt mean to hurt you....
"But you did"Mary interjects
"I was set up, someone drugged my drink, you have to believe me"
"You are nothing but a liar, a cheat and a sex freak..."
"Look Mary, i know you are hurt but you have to believe me, you know i cant do such a thing to you... "
"I know nothing "she yelled as tears began to roll down her cheeks
"I dont know you at all"She added furiously
"Your friends set me up"He blared out
"Get out"Mary said with anger in her tone..
"Mary please believe me...
Jacob who was sitting and watching stood up"Hey,the lady said you should leave"
"And who are you?"Francis ask staring hard at him
"i know its not in my place to intrude.....
"Of course you shouldn't intrude"Francis cut him short..
"This is a matter of two lovers who are trying to resolve issues, what you should be doing is walking your ass out of this house... "
"You should be the one walking your cheating ass out of this house"Mary retorted
Francis realise what he just did, it was stupid, he was in so much pain and all he wants now is Mary and only her...
"Am sorry"he said faintly
"How dare you come in here"Sharon shouted from behind them...
"You should leave"Jacob said
"Mind your damn business "Francis shouted....
Jacob smile and then pushed him outside.....
Francis fell on the floor as he lost his balance....
"Take that idiot out of here"Sharon shouted...
"Dude respect yourself and leave quietly ...."Jacob said
"Just go.. "Mary blared out..
Francis stood up, shook sand from his hand and body...... He stared furiously at Jacob..
"Just go man"Jacob said
"You have to believe me Mary, i was set up"He said as he began to walk out, he doesn't want to use violence, Mary will never listen to him if he does...
"Dont ever come back here you bastard "Sharon said
Jacob folllow him as he walk towards the gate...
"Stay the hell away from my girlfriend"Francis said with furious eyes..
Jacob smile,"Look dude, if i want your girlfriend, i will get her"He said and push him outside the gate,then he lock the gate......

2 Likes

Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Akinwale14(m): 4:00pm On Jun 18
Nice Story, Continue Abeg
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 9:34am On Oct 02
Baryour769, Vadec, Creamyebony2017, Hunts, Nwidog, Skubido, Pachukwudi44, Youngzubi, John944, Peterafo, hidhrhis, Saheed69, Cyndy1000, Princesstee, kelvincoke, Biadeforia, Hadow, Cadec007, Solomonbrown64, Theblessedman, Jomagibs, Nkendave, Tunjilomo, Nightie, Rosalieene, Afz9095, Akinwale, Genius43 ,Obijos, Pinkberry5,Uniqueteco, Chuksonyeike, Baitullah, Mismore, Afolabiwunmi, Mcjesuspikin, emperorblog, gennysq, Ann2012, Risingstar2020, sensitivity1254, IAmakingoludav, Evoid, Yemike, amikeen, John944, obijos Izazay, ifemism02, mhiztwinky23, jyz200, whocarex, tessygold, girlhaley, amos1999,paulgabriel3, do4luv14, feenah, Christipsy, shedrack36,maymac, holywizard, mavikolo2020

Just decided to complete this story
Lets go guys
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by genius43(m): 9:56am On Oct 02
I have boarded the flight and taken my seat, and sure I will be glued to it. grin grin
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by do4luv14(m): 10:34am On Oct 02
Fresenct sir. Toh ah zon land fa

Silver1996:
Baryour769, Vadec, Creamyebony2017, Hunts, Nwidog, Skubido, Pachukwudi44, Youngzubi, John944, Peterafo, hidhrhis, Saheed69, Cyndy1000, Princesstee, kelvincoke, Biadeforia, Hadow, Cadec007, Solomonbrown64, Theblessedman, Jomagibs, Nkendave, Tunjilomo, Nightie, Rosalieene, Afz9095, Akinwale, Genius43 ,Obijos, Pinkberry5,Uniqueteco, Chuksonyeike, Baitullah, Mismore, Afolabiwunmi, Mcjesuspikin, emperorblog, gennysq, Ann2012, Risingstar2020, sensitivity1254, IAmakingoludav, Evoid, Yemike, amikeen, John944, obijos Izazay, ifemism02, mhiztwinky23, jyz200, whocarex, tessygold, girlhaley, amos1999,paulgabriel3, do4luv14, feenah, Christipsy, shedrack36,maymac, holywizard, mavikolo2020

Just decided to complete this story
Lets go guys
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 11:52am On Oct 02
azfwesh, Sampz, spiceybae, bumpypat, missNicole01, chuksteric, Ibizgirl, Ascogty5, Unclesnr, emmynku, cosmospolitan, ofez, DZTZ1, moonnstar, Happypagan, bollyt, marvel15, supizino, ystar, swiz123, krizbaby, Aadetola1, wygay, Overdrive, olabunmi1, ODUMAIYE, switlolly27
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Mavikolo2020: 12:02pm On Oct 02
I don land, another good one by my guy
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by PaChukwudi44: 2:14pm On Oct 02
wow!!!
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by egwolopretty: 4:50pm On Oct 02
more pls
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Risingstar2020: 7:21pm On Oct 02
Another good one
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Mavikolo2020: 7:13am On Oct 03
But Silver, you like Francis shall, am suspecting Sharon, she could be the one who set Francis up
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by purity23(f): 7:24am On Oct 03
how can Francis do such a thing
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Silver1996(m): 10:27am On Oct 03
POHB
EPISODE 7

MARY GRUNTS, SHE SNIFF and wipe out the tear that was falling from her eyes, she thought about what Francis just said, he was set up... She put away the thought, Francis was nothing but a lying cheating bastard..
"The next time that animal come here, am going to lock him up"Sharon raved
Mary huffs,tinged with a deep breathe as she saw Jacob coming....
"Thank you"She muttered the moment Jacob reach the door.....
"And you are...? Sharon ask as she grope her eyes on him, damn he was so cute..
He had tousled dark hair, which was thick and lustrous. His eyes were a mesmerising deep ocean blue, flecks of silvery light performed ballets throughout. His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite. He had dark eye brows, which sloped downwards in a serious expression. His perfect lips ripe for the kissing.
"Oh.... Am Jacob"He said with a smile extending his hand for a handshake....
She reciprocated the smile, she quiver as she shook hands with him, his hands were, solid.. Muscular.... His smile made him devilishly handsome,his strong arched eyebrows were so thick that she thought it could be illegal,its illegal for one to be too handsome, too perfect and structured,she saw the flecks of silver in his eyes, he had a distinck checkbone and angular jaw....... "Hi....Am Sharon"She muttered.....
Mary fake cough made her realise she was still shaking him, she quickly remove her hand....
He is fair, few inches taller than the two of them, slim and has the perfect face... The killer beauty any girl will kill for,he had the kind of face that stop you in your tracks and leaves glowering and yearning for him.....
"He is Manny's friend"Mary interjects her thought....
"Oh my God, he is the gentleman she spoke about"Sharon blared out, she has seen hus pictures on Manny's phone, she didn't recognize him, of course, he was much more cute in reality... So perfect in creativity..... Too good to be real....
"I actually came to see her but then she told me Manny hasn't come home since yesterday "Jacob said
Sharon wink at Mary, she huffs cursing Mary, why can't she keep her mouth shut..... "Yes, we haven't seen her but i believe she is fine, she is my friend, she must probably be with her friends partying somewhere"
"Your friend doesn't think so"He said rolling his eyes at Mary....
"Manny is missing, i don't know why that is so hard to believe... "She scurred irritated....
"Don't mind her, Mary has always be like thus, she always worry, she just don't understand that sometimes people will want to be alone.. "
"Not picking phone calls, not replying messages..... "Mary interjects
"She just don't want disturbance, sometimes we call that girls period, i think she just want to clear her head... "Sharon said
"What are you saying Sharon, Manny is our friend, she has no reason to aviod our calls, i really have a terrible feeling that my friend is not ok, believe it or not, we have to find Manny.... Please... "
"Okay....lets just sit first.. "Jacob said as he sat down on the chair he stood up from earlier...
Mary and Sharon sat beside each other....
Jacob gritted"Okay, Sharon do you know any of friends that she could be with or that can know where she is..... ?
Sharon exhales shapily, she roll her eyes as she try to remember..... "I know a friend, her name is Sandra"
"Do you know how we can reach her, do you have her mobile number....?
"Yes..... But i deleted it a long time ago.... "
Jacob sigh, then he recline his back on the chair...
"So do you know any other person,any other friend of hers...? Mary ask anxiously
"I thought you know Manny very well, aren't you supposed to know her friends....? Sharon retorted..
"I have called all the ones i know, non have seen or hear from Manny"Mary said with irritation in her voice
"Do you know any other person, maybe someone she sees on daily basis.....?
Sharon exhales tinged with a feeling of disgust.... "Manny is a grown woman, i know her very well, if she doesn't want us to know where she is, she must have her own reasons, besides she has done this to me before.... "
"She has.....? Jacob snap
"When was that? Mary ask
Sharon suck her teeth... "You remenber when you and your boyfriend...
"Ex boyfriend.. "Mary cut in..
"Boyfriend, ex-boyfriend whatever went on a vacation, Manny left home for a week,she didn't tell me anything, no calls, no messages, no nothing, so while you here worrying yourself to dead, Manny is somewhere enjoying herself, probably partying with some malewhores.... "
"I always call Manny during that i went on a trip with.... "She swallow hard as the thoughts of Francis creep into her head... "Him, and Manny always answer my calls.... "
"Well she didn't answer mine, and the way i see it, she is doing the exact same thing she did that time.... "
"But i saw Manny at home the day i came home....."
"Because that was the day she came home, and what was her excuse, she couldn't take my calls because she was up to something and she didn't want to jeopardize it with my calls, she also said there was no strong network.... "
"It doesn't make any sense... "Mary interjects impugned.. "You said Manny stayed put for a week, and it wasn't even up to a week before i came back from that trip and i saw Manny at home..... "
"One week, four days, three days, i can't remember, you don't expect me to keep such unimportant things in my head, point is,Manny has done this before, and she is repeating again, so piece of advice, stop been so ruffled about it"Sharon retorted....
"That's ok... "Jacob interrupted..... "I think Manny is fine where ever.....
"Stop saying that... Explain this, hundreds miss calls, countless messages... Yet non is replied, even the devil isn't like that.... Something is definitely wrong"
"Alright, it's logical something could really be wrong, Sharon please, do you know anyone else who can help us... "
"Yes i do, there is a boy Manny always go to, she probably sees him as her male bestfriend or whatever, his name is Jeremy.... "
"Wait how come i don't know about this boy"Mary interjects....
"Like i said, you don't know Manny as well as i do.... "Sharon replied harshly, she exhales shapily then she continue.. "He lives at no 114,okotuta street.. But i still stand my ground, Manny is probably somewhere celebrating the good things of life, while we are here thinking she is dead... "
"Manny isn't dead"Mary corrected slightly infuriated at Sharon outburst....
"Okay, do you perhaps have a phone number that we can call this Jeremy guy with... ?Jacob ask
"I once had his phone number, but i deleted it when i realized he was no use to me.... "
Jacob huffs"I guess we will just have to go to the address.... "
"Excuse me... "Sharon said, stood up from the chair and walk out, and head straight for her room

"No 114 okotuta street"Mary called out the address aloud the moment they got there....
"Are you sure this is the right place? She ask feeling skeptical...
"The address said it is"Jacob saie
Maru look round the area, the compound was so unkept, she wonder who this Jeremy guy is that Manny will want to be friends with him, the compound doesn't look anything like like a rich person lives and Manny was a big fan of rich guys......
She watch as Jacob knocked on the door.....
"Who be dat? A baritone voice sounded from inside
Mary quiver a bit at the sound of the voice, she pants with heavy breathe as the door open, a young guy probably in his early thirties or late twenties stood beside the door, his face was rugged, a bit rough, probably because of the injury marks that made a big mark on his left cheek....
They greeted him, he hesitated before he replied, Mary wonder if that was the Jeremy, the so called Manny's friend...
"Please are you Jeremy? Jacob ask
"Who is looking for him?
"He is a friend of my friend.... "Mary jump in
Therr was silence for a moment, fear grip her spines when the boy wasn't replying.....
"I think the Jeremy you are looking for move out from here a week ago, am a new tenant here, i just move in three days ago... "
Mary sigh, a sigh of relief tinge with frown lines encroaching on her forehead, why didn't he just say he wasn't Jeremy the first time, she wonder why some people can be so annoying
"Do you have any idea where Jeremy could have moved to? Jacob ask...
The boy shook his head... "I think you should ask the neighbors, they might know something..... "
"Okay, thank you for your time"Jacob said as the person close the door....
Mary exhales as they exchanged glances..... "All the transport here was for nothing... "
Jacob giggled... "Don't say that yet... "
Mary suck her teeth as Jacob knock on another person's door....
It wasn't long before a woman with a baby in her hand opened the door....
They greeted her.... And she reciprocated the greeting with impugn eyes....
"Please i was looking for Jeremy, the boy staying in the house he use to stay directed us here.... "
The woman shook her head... "I don't know where he is staying.... "
Mary bit her lips, another loose end...
"Mammy, i know where bros Jeremy park go o... "A boy said from inside..
Mary sigh, a sigh of relief when the boy came to the door, she roll her eyes when she saw the dirty stare the mothet gave the boy, it was obvious she knows and she doesn't want to tell them, neither does she want her son....
"Com on, go back inside.. "She raved at the boy who left without hesitation...
"Please ma, if you know where he is staying now, you need to tell us"Jacob said
"I don't know and my son don't know anything... "She said about to close the door but then Jacob held it....
"I understand ma that we are strangers and disclosing ones information to a stranger is really not a good thing, but our friend is missing and he is the only one who can help us find her... "Mary said....
She quickly remove her phone from her pocket when she realise the woman was still skeptical, the woman must have seen Manny come to see him, she quickly stroll to Manny's pictures... "Here, that's my friend"She said showing her the picture... "You must have probably see her"She added...
"I know her"The woman said.... "But"
"But what"Mary ask curiously
The woman sigh"They had a fight, she is the main reason Jeremy move out from this compound..... "
"I don't understand, i thought they were friends... "Mary said
"No, they were dating"
Shock swept through her, dating, Manny never mentioned she was dating anyone, she never even mentioned Jeremy's name to her......
"They actually set a date for a wedding, Jeremy was so happy that he had to buy everyone drinks"The woman added
"What... Wedding?mary blared out shocked tinged with surprise..... She couldn't believe it, she wonder if Sharon knew all this, was she the one who was kept in the dark.....
"Please if you know where he is staying now, you need to help us.... "Jacob said when he saw the shocked expression in Mary's face
"Am coming"The woman said..
"You didn't know all this, did you? Jacob ask
Mary took a deep breathe... "If i knew, i wouldn't be shocked as i am now... "
"So Sharon was right then,you don't really know your friend as you think you do"
They focus their attention on the woman as she came to light...
"Here is his address... "She said giving him a piece of paper....
"You must never tell him i gave this to you"she added
"We wouldn't, thank you for your help.... "
"If you did see your friend, please tell her to resolve issues with him, Jeremy really loves her and he is very hurt"She said..
"We will"Jacob said...
They both watch as she went inside the house and lock the door again
"So should we go to the address right now? Jacob ask...
Mary exhales and folded her arms... "I have been thinking, if they had fixed a date for a wedding wthen what stopped them, why did they break up...?
"Maybe they didn't break up, maybe they just had like a break or minor problems.... "
"No, the way that woman sounded, its more like a break up, do you think Jeremy has something to do with Manny's disappearance...?
"Why do you think so? Jacob ask curiously....
"Look at the bright side, i think manny broke his heart, his feelings were hurt, very hurt as the woman has put it,maybe he thought the only way he can get back at her was to get rid of her..... "
She shudder as the thoughts filled her head... "Oh no, could he have killed Manny?

1 Like

Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by skubido(m): 11:11am On Oct 03
Present bro,, don Land oo.

Den take Francis do uni.

Mary suppose listen na,, do e no easy ooo.

Dey ur back OP
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by baryour769(m): 11:20am On Oct 03
this is wow.....keep up the good work silver one day you ll shine bright like a diamond.
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by baryour769(m): 11:22am On Oct 03
pls drop the link for love in a circle
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by purity23(f): 2:36pm On Oct 03
Too much suspense
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by Mavikolo2020: 5:19pm On Oct 03
Manny could be dead o
Nice one Silver
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by sly12345: 9:08pm On Oct 03
i hope say Sharon hand nor dey for manny disappearance
Re: Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) by egwolopretty: 9:32pm On Oct 03
Silver1996:
POHB
EPISODE 7

MARY GRUNTS, SHE SNIFF and wipe out the tear that was falling from her eyes, she thought about what Francis just said, he was set up... She put away the thought, Francis was nothing but a lying cheating bastard..
"The next time that animal come here, am going to lock him up"Sharon raved
Mary huffs,tinged with a deep breathe as she saw Jacob coming....
"Thank you"She muttered the moment Jacob reach the door.....
"And you are...? Sharon ask as she grope her eyes on him, damn he was so cute..
He had tousled dark hair, which was thick and lustrous. His eyes were a mesmerising deep ocean blue, flecks of silvery light performed ballets throughout. His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite. He had dark eye brows, which sloped downwards in a serious expression. His perfect lips ripe for the kissing.
"Oh.... Am Jacob"He said with a smile extending his hand for a handshake....
She reciprocated the smile, she quiver as she shook hands with him, his hands were, solid.. Muscular.... His smile made him devilishly handsome,his strong arched eyebrows were so thick that she thought it could be illegal,its illegal for one to be too handsome, too perfect and structured,she saw the flecks of silver in his eyes, he had a distinck checkbone and angular jaw....... "Hi....Am Sharon"She muttered.....
Mary fake cough made her realise she was still shaking him, she quickly remove her hand....
He is fair, few inches taller than the two of them, slim and has the perfect face... The killer beauty any girl will kill for,he had the kind of face that stop you in your tracks and leaves glowering and yearning for him.....
"He is Manny's friend"Mary interjects her thought....
"Oh my God, he is the gentleman she spoke about"Sharon blared out, she has seen hus pictures on Manny's phone, she didn't recognize him, of course, he was much more cute in reality... So perfect in creativity..... Too good to be real....
"I actually came to see her but then she told me Manny hasn't come home since yesterday "Jacob said
Sharon wink at Mary, she huffs cursing Mary, why can't she keep her mouth shut..... "Yes, we haven't seen her but i believe she is fine, she is my friend, she must probably be with her friends partying somewhere"
"Your friend doesn't think so"He said rolling his eyes at Mary....
"Manny is missing, i don't know why that is so hard to believe... "She scurred irritated....
"Don't mind her, Mary has always be like thus, she always worry, she just don't understand that sometimes people will want to be alone.. "
"Not picking phone calls, not replying messages..... "Mary interjects
"She just don't want disturbance, sometimes we call that girls period, i think she just want to clear her head... "Sharon said
"What are you saying Sharon, Manny is our friend, she has no reason to aviod our calls, i really have a terrible feeling that my friend is not ok, believe it or not, we have to find Manny.... Please... "
"Okay....lets just sit first.. "Jacob said as he sat down on the chair he stood up from earlier...
Mary and Sharon sat beside each other....
Jacob gritted"Okay, Sharon do you know any of friends that she could be with or that can know where she is..... ?
Sharon exhales shapily, she roll her eyes as she try to remember..... "I know a friend, her name is Sandra"
"Do you know how we can reach her, do you have her mobile number....?
"Yes..... But i deleted it a long time ago.... "
Jacob sigh, then he recline his back on the chair...
"So do you know any other person,any other friend of hers...? Mary ask anxiously
"I thought you know Manny very well, aren't you supposed to know her friends....? Sharon retorted..
"I have called all the ones i know, non have seen or hear from Manny"Mary said with irritation in her voice
"Do you know any other person, maybe someone she sees on daily basis.....?
Sharon exhales tinged with a feeling of disgust.... "Manny is a grown woman, i know her very well, if she doesn't want us to know where she is, she must have her own reasons, besides she has done this to me before.... "
"She has.....? Jacob snap
"When was that? Mary ask
Sharon suck her teeth... "You remenber when you and your boyfriend...
"Ex boyfriend.. "Mary cut in..
"Boyfriend, ex-boyfriend whatever went on a vacation, Manny left home for a week,she didn't tell me anything, no calls, no messages, no nothing, so while you here worrying yourself to dead, Manny is somewhere enjoying herself, probably partying with some malewhores.... "
"I always call Manny during that i went on a trip with.... "She swallow hard as the thoughts of Francis creep into her head... "Him, and Manny always answer my calls.... "
"Well she didn't answer mine, and the way i see it, she is doing the exact same thing she did that time.... "
"But i saw Manny at home the day i came home....."
"Because that was the day she came home, and what was her excuse, she couldn't take my calls because she was up to something and she didn't want to jeopardize it with my calls, she also said there was no strong network.... "
"It doesn't make any sense... "Mary interjects impugned.. "You said Manny stayed put for a week, and it wasn't even up to a week before i came back from that trip and i saw Manny at home..... "
"One week, four days, three days, i can't remember, you don't expect me to keep such unimportant things in my head, point is,Manny has done this before, and she is repeating again, so piece of advice, stop been so ruffled about it"Sharon retorted....
"That's ok... "Jacob interrupted..... "I think Manny is fine where ever.....
"Stop saying that... Explain this, hundreds miss calls, countless messages... Yet non is replied, even the devil isn't like that.... Something is definitely wrong"
"Alright, it's logical something could really be wrong, Sharon please, do you know anyone else who can help us... "
"Yes i do, there is a boy Manny always go to, she probably sees him as her male bestfriend or whatever, his name is Jeremy.... "
"Wait how come i don't know about this boy"Mary interjects....
"Like i said, you don't know Manny as well as i do.... "Sharon replied harshly, she exhales shapily then she continue.. "He lives at no 114,okotuta street.. But i still stand my ground, Manny is probably somewhere celebrating the good things of life, while we are here thinking she is dead... "
"Manny isn't dead"Mary corrected slightly infuriated at Sharon outburst....
"Okay, do you perhaps have a phone number that we can call this Jeremy guy with... ?Jacob ask
"I once had his phone number, but i deleted it when i realized he was no use to me.... "
Jacob huffs"I guess we will just have to go to the address.... "
"Excuse me... "Sharon said, stood up from the chair and walk out, and head straight for her room

"No 114 okotuta street"Mary called out the address aloud the moment they got there....
"Are you sure this is the right place? She ask feeling skeptical...
"The address said it is"Jacob saie
Maru look round the area, the compound was so unkept, she wonder who this Jeremy guy is that Manny will want to be friends with him, the compound doesn't look anything like like a rich person lives and Manny was a big fan of rich guys......
She watch as Jacob knocked on the door.....
"Who be dat? A baritone voice sounded from inside
Mary quiver a bit at the sound of the voice, she pants with heavy breathe as the door open, a young guy probably in his early thirties or late twenties stood beside the door, his face was rugged, a bit rough, probably because of the injury marks that made a big mark on his left cheek....
They greeted him, he hesitated before he replied, Mary wonder if that was the Jeremy, the so called Manny's friend...
"Please are you Jeremy? Jacob ask
"Who is looking for him?
"He is a friend of my friend.... "Mary jump in
Therr was silence for a moment, fear grip her spines when the boy wasn't replying.....
"I think the Jeremy you are looking for move out from here a week ago, am a new tenant here, i just move in three days ago... "
Mary sigh, a sigh of relief tinge with frown lines encroaching on her forehead, why didn't he just say he wasn't Jeremy the first time, she wonder why some people can be so annoying
"Do you have any idea where Jeremy could have moved to? Jacob ask...
The boy shook his head... "I think you should ask the neighbors, they might know something..... "
"Okay, thank you for your time"Jacob said as the person close the door....
Mary exhales as they exchanged glances..... "All the transport here was for nothing... "
Jacob giggled... "Don't say that yet... "
Mary suck her teeth as Jacob knock on another person's door....
It wasn't long before a woman with a baby in her hand opened the door....
They greeted her.... And she reciprocated the greeting with impugn eyes....
"Please i was looking for Jeremy, the boy staying in the house he use to stay directed us here.... "
The woman shook her head... "I don't know where he is staying.... "
Mary bit her lips, another loose end...
"Mammy, i know where bros Jeremy park go o... "A boy said from inside..
Mary sigh, a sigh of relief when the boy came to the door, she roll her eyes when she saw the dirty stare the mothet gave the boy, it was obvious she knows and she doesn't want to tell them, neither does she want her son....
"Com on, go back inside.. "She raved at the boy who left without hesitation...
"Please ma, if you know where he is staying now, you need to tell us"Jacob said
"I don't know and my son don't know anything... "She said about to close the door but then Jacob held it....
"I understand ma that we are strangers and disclosing ones information to a stranger is really not a good thing, but our friend is missing and he is the only one who can help us find her... "Mary said....
She quickly remove her phone from her pocket when she realise the woman was still skeptical, the woman must have seen Manny come to see him, she quickly stroll to Manny's pictures... "Here, that's my friend"She said showing her the picture... "You must have probably see her"She added...
"I know her"The woman said.... "But"
"But what"Mary ask curiously
The woman sigh"They had a fight, she is the main reason Jeremy move out from this compound..... "
"I don't understand, i thought they were friends... "Mary said
"No, they were dating"
Shock swept through her, dating, Manny never mentioned she was dating anyone, she never even mentioned Jeremy's name to her......
"They actually set a date for a wedding, Jeremy was so happy that he had to buy everyone drinks"The woman added
"What... Wedding?mary blared out shocked tinged with surprise..... She couldn't believe it, she wonder if Sharon knew all this, was she the one who was kept in the dark.....
"Please if you know where he is staying now, you need to help us.... "Jacob said when he saw the shocked expression in Mary's face
"Am coming"The woman said..
"You didn't know all this, did you? Jacob ask
Mary took a deep breathe... "If i knew, i wouldn't be shocked as i am now... "
"So Sharon was right then,you don't really know your friend as you think you do"
They focus their attention on the woman as she came to light...
"Here is his address... "She said giving him a piece of paper....
"You must never tell him i gave this to you"she added
"We wouldn't, thank you for your help.... "
"If you did see your friend, please tell her to resolve issues with him, Jeremy really loves her and he is very hurt"She said..
"We will"Jacob said...
They both watch as she went inside the house and lock the door again
"So should we go to the address right now? Jacob ask...
Mary exhales and folded her arms... "I have been thinking, if they had fixed a date for a wedding wthen what stopped them, why did they break up...?
"Maybe they didn't break up, maybe they just had like a break or minor problems.... "
"No, the way that woman sounded, its more like a break up, do you think Jeremy has something to do with Manny's disappearance...?
"Why do you think so? Jacob ask curiously....
"Look at the bright side, i think manny broke his heart, his feelings were hurt, very hurt as the woman has put it,maybe he thought the only way he can get back at her was to get rid of her..... "
She shudder as the thoughts filled her head... "Oh no, could he have killed Manny?

now am beginning to dislike Sharan, i think she knows something and Manny also is a bad friend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today / Along He Came. / Siblings.............

Viewing this topic: Narldon(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 772
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.