Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

What Is Her Problem? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Her Problem? (2270 Views)

Has A Bf And Cant Come To My Place Bcus Of My Dogs But Whats Her Problem? / What Is Her Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 11:01am On Apr 07, 2018
This lady in my office (who has a boyfriend) will always refer to me as hers, will get jealous when she sees me with another lady, will accuse me of denying Her when I say I'm single. She is a good person and usually helps me from time to time. It's so crazy that everyone in the office calls me her husband or her boyfriend. I've never been comfortable with it but would overlook it because we do get along quite well and wouldn't want to create any tension. Eventually I decided to tell her (politely) to stop giving pple the wrong impression about both of us and because i don't want Covet what belongs to another. All of a sudden she starts to give me silent treatment at work. Later at night I called her only for her to get angry at me saying that why am I insulting her that is it because she brought herself down to my level? This is someone who I never had anything to do with when she newly resumed at my office. She reached out to me, saying she likes me and now pissed off at me for politely saying the Truth? What is wrong with you women in this Goddamm country? Always playing games. If Nigerian guys say foreign girls are better they'll say we worship white pple. Anyways I've left her to her devices. I just ignore her now. I don't even behave like I know her. I can't be apologizing when I'm not at fault. But what's your take on this? I want to hear you guys perspective. What do you think she's up to and did I do anything wrong by doing what I did?
Re: What Is Her Problem? by coolestofall(m): 11:13am On Apr 07, 2018
Abeg free her jare. Ladies r not used 2 being refused, I guess they need more practice.

1 Like

Re: What Is Her Problem? by donstan18: 11:15am On Apr 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: What Is Her Problem? by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 07, 2018
That was her way of flirting with you but you too strict and seriously minded to accommodate her or even camp her, she isn't looking for a serious relationship otherwise she would be shy flirting with you, what she needs is a FWB and she finds you attractive to be that guy.

It's up to you bro. set the rules and man up, Being overtly serious doesn't mean you classy, it means you lacking potential resources to play along. we call it convert insecurity. Trust me, I'm a pro in that too. I use to be like you and still like you.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Her Problem? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:32am On Apr 07, 2018
have you ever thought that maybe she is pissed because she indeed likes you and that was her way of showing you that she did? so telling her to stop made her mad because you are turning her down. not all people come clean about their intentions, and many women have no problem with having office flings etc

btw why did you have to confront her (if you believe the below quote)?! if you really didnt want to create any tension then you should have let it slide as "an office joke"

phazotron:
I've never been comfortable with it but would overlook it because we do get along quite well and wouldn't want to create any tension.

1 Like

Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
have you ever thought that maybe she is pissed because she indeed likes you and that was her way of showing you that she did? so telling her to stop made her mad because you are turning her down. not all people come clean about their intentions, and many women have no problem with having office flings etc

btw why did you have to confront her (if you believe the below quote)?! if you really didnt want to create any tension then you should have let it slide as "an office joke"

U don't understand. I never told her we should end the friendship. I said she should stop using words that could make people believe we are in a relationship when we are not. What if the boyfriend pays her a visit one day at work and somebody and someone refers to me as "this is x's boyfriend when the actual boyfriend is there? How do u xpect d boyfriend to feel? It's a pity I deleted her number and d chat. I never ended the friendship.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2018
aaronson:
That was her way of flirting with you but you too strict and seriously minded to accommodate her or even camp her, she isn't looking for a serious relationship otherwise she would be shy flirting with you, what she needs is a FWB and she finds you attractive to be that guy.

It's up to you bro. set the rules and man up, Being overtly serious doesn't mean you classy, it means you lacking potential resources to play along. we call it convert it insecurity. Trust me, I'm a pro in that too. I use to be like you and still like you.

Lacking resources to play along? Bros u funny joor. I may not have a car but I'm comfortable. I'm not covertly insecure. I have had and still have opportunities to date girls finer than the girl in question but naija girls and their wahala....... Discouragement. You say she's not interested In a serious relationship. So am I! I no send am when she come my office na. Look I flirt with other ladies. They don't refer to me as their boyfriends when they're In committed relationships. I don't like games. Relationships are black and white for me. It's either you're with A or B.
Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2018
aaronson:

It's up to you bro. set the rules and man up, Being overtly serious doesn't mean you classy, it means you lacking potential resources to play along. we call it convert it insecurity. Trust me, I'm a pro in that too. I use to be like you and still like you.

Lacking resources to play along? Bros u funny joor. I may not have a car but I'm comfortable. I'm not covertly insecure. I have had and still have opportunities too date girls finer than the girl in question but naija girls and their wahala....... Discouragement. You say she's not interested In a serious relationship. So am I! I no send am when she come my office na. Look I flirt with other ladies. They don't refer to me as their boyfriends when they're In committed relationships. I don't like games. Relationships are black and white for me. It's either you're with A or B. I've manned up (if that's a word) I've set the rules. It's up to her to abide by them.

1 Like

Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 1:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
aaronson:

It's up to you bro. set the rules and man up, Being overtly serious doesn't mean you classy, it means you lacking potential resources to play along. we call it convert insecurity. Trust me, I'm a pro in that too. I use to be like you and still like you.

Dude what the hell is fwb? I'm not someone's relationship Guinea pig dat they can use to experiment.
Re: What Is Her Problem? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
phazotron:

U don't understand. I never told her we should end the friendship. I said she should stop using words that could make people believe we are in a relationship when we are not. What if the boyfriend pays her a visit one day and somebody says "this is x's boyfriend? How do u xpect d boyfriend to feel? It's a pity I deleted her number and d chat. I never ended the friendship.

again, you have to put yourself in her shoes... she obviously like you and did this charade for some reason (whatever it may be). you should have 1st tried to understand what was her aim, and then act accordingly. also it depends on how your voiced your concern.

if you delete a person's number from your phone then i am sorry to say that you are ending that friendship.

btw, did you tell her the below when confronting her?

What if the boyfriend pays her a visit one day and somebody says "this is x's boyfriend? How do u xpect d boyfriend to feel?

1 Like

Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 1:20pm On Apr 07, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

again, you have to put yourself in her shoes... she obviously like you and did this charade for some reason. you should have 1st tried to understand what was her aim, and then act accordingly. also it depends on how your voiced your concern.

if you delete a person's number from your phone then i am sorry to say that you are ending that friendship.

Bros I believe she ended the friendship ever since I sent dat message she doesn't answer my calls. I had to use another person's number to call her the day she accused me of insulting her.
Re: What Is Her Problem? by MissRaine69(f): 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
phazotron:
This lady in my office (who has a boyfriend) will always refer to me as hers, will get jealous when she sees me with another lady, will accuse me of denying Her when I say I'm single. She is a good person and usually helps me from time to time. It's so crazy that everyone in the office calls me her husband or her boyfriend. I've never been comfortable with it but would overlook it because we do get along quite well and wouldn't want to create any tension. Eventually I decided to tell her (politely) to stop giving pple the wrong impression about both of us and because i don't want Covet what belongs to another. All of a sudden she starts to give me silent treatment at work. Later at night I called her only for her to get angry at me saying that why am I insulting her that is it because she brought herself down to my level? This is someone who I never had anything to do with when she newly resumed at my office. She reached out to me, saying she likes me and now pissed off at me for politely saying the Truth? What is wrong with you women in this Goddamm country? Always playing games. If Nigerian guys say foreign girls are better they'll say we worship white pple. Anyways I've left her to her devices. I just ignore her now. I don't even behave like I know her. I can't be apologizing when I'm not at fault. But what's your take on this? I want to hear you guys perspective. What do you think she's up to and did I do anything wrong by doing what I did?

The problem with men like you is your inaptness at reading signals. She was being nice to me!! Oh please
She was not being nice she was making moves on you.

Why do you have her number anyway?
I called her late at night ...see there that’s sending out the wrong message.
Do you have the number of everyone else in your office?

Lesson number 1. Work boundaries make them clear and maintain them. There is nothing wrong with women in this country it’s you. You gave mixed signals and now you are in a situation.

Boundaries will take you far and make your life very easy.
Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

again, you have to put yourself in her shoes... she obviously like you and did this charade for some reason. you should have 1st tried to understand what was her aim, and then act accordingly. also it depends on how your voiced your concern.

Bros I believe she ended the friendship. ever since I sent dat message she doesn't answer my calls. I had to use another person's number to call her the day she accused me of insulting her.
Re: What Is Her Problem? by Temzygold(f): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
:Pkilo Kan mi
Re: What Is Her Problem? by mctowel01: 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2018
Guy, you sound too weak and immature to me. Why create problems where there are none? See the way you re sounding like the first person to have signals from a girl at work? Carrying it on your head like one official discussion. Pls lets hear word! If you can't deal with this, then just focus on your work and stop disturbing us.

1 Like

Re: What Is Her Problem? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
You would expect that from her sort, they are never good at handling rejections.
See how low she goes after you drop the bomb on her. Sour grapes much, darl?
You did the right thing; never shīt where you eat. One advice though , play it cool - try to the best of your ability to stay cordial with her, else things might escalate quickly leading to a very toxic working environment for you. You know how they get when they can't stomach the fact that they never meant much to a high value male.

1 Like

Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2018
mctowel01:
Guy, you sound too weak and immature to me. Why create problems where there are none? See the way you re sounding like the first person to have signals from a girl at work? Carrying it on your head like one official discussion. Pls lets hear word! If you can't deal with this, then just focus on your work and stop disturbing us.

What is wrong with this fool? If you don't want to be disturbed or if you feel like my thread isn't worth replying then ignore it and move on to the next thread. Or am I the cause of your problems? Oga go and vent your frustrations on your parents or whoever is responsible and stay off the thread. Frustrated retard.
Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2018
CorGier:
You would expect that from her sort, they are never good at handling rejections.
See how low she goes after you drop the bomb on her. Sour grapes much, darl?
You did the right thing; never shīt where you eat. One advice though , play it cool - try to the best of your ability to stay cordial with her, else things might escalate quickly leading to a very toxic working environment for you. You know how they get when they can't stomach the fact that they never meant much to a high value male.

Bros trust me after I sent the message the next day I still greeted her only for her to snub me and give me the silent treatment. I still called her with the intention of apologizing just in case the message got to her in some kind of way only for her to react the way she did. I specifically mentioned it dat it doesn't mean we can't be friends. Just careful about creating the wrong impression. I'm still open to being friends with her.
Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 2:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
MissRaine69:

The problem with men like you is your inaptness at reading signals. She was being nice to me!! Oh please
She was not being nice she was making moves on you.

Why do you have her number anyway?
I called her late at night ...see there that’s sending out the wrong message.
Do you have the number of everyone else in your office?

Lesson number 1. Work boundaries make them clear and maintain them. There is nothing wrong with women in this country it’s you. You gave mixed signals and now you are in a situation.

Boundaries will take you far and make your life very easy.

It's either you are drunk or you didn't read what I wrote well. When did having a colleagues number become an offence? And where did you see "I called her late at night"?

Madam are you OK at all or did you overdose on alcohol before typing this confused and conflicting response? Why should I be surprised? You're a woman in the first place.
Re: What Is Her Problem? by MissRaine69(f): 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2018
phazotron:

It's either you are drunk or you didn't read what I wrote well. When did having a colleagues number become an offence? And where did you see "I called her late at night"?

Madam are you OK at all or did you overdose on alcohol before typing this confused and conflicting response? Why should I be surprised? You're a woman in the first place.

You see this attempt at you being assertive?
If you had applied it 100% to your situation
You would not be in that predicament
Re: What Is Her Problem? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
phazotron:

Bros I believe she ended the friendship. ever since I sent dat message she doesn't answer my calls. I had to use another person's number to call her the day she accused me of insulting her.

so you didnt even talk to her in person, you sent her a msg while you meet her everyday at work?!?!?!?!?!
Re: What Is Her Problem? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2018
phazotron:

Bros trust me after I sent the message the next day I still greeted her only for her to snub me and give me the silent treatment. I still called her with the intention of apologizing just in case the message got to her in some kind of way only for her to react the way she did. I specifically mentioned it dat it doesn't mean we can't be friends. Just careful about creating the wrong impression. I'm still open to being friends with her.

Oh.
Truth be told stuffs like that should have been said face to face. But I trust your judgement, it was never gon end well anyways.
Re: What Is Her Problem? by mctowel01: 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
phazotron:

What is wrong with this fool? If you don't want to be disturbed or if you feel like my thread isn't worth replying then ignore it and move on to the next thread. Or am I the cause of your problems? Oga go and vent your frustrations on your parents or whoever is responsible and stay off the thread. Frustrated retard.
You are the real dumbass here who can't figure out how to handle cheap green signs from ladies. Making unnecessary threads about. Slowpoke
Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

so you didnt even talk to her in person, you sent her a msg while you meet her everyday at work?!?!?!?!?!

Face to face or message...... It was never going to end well. Besides I tend to be a private person. I don't think it'll be too wise neither would I be comfortable saying this kind of thing in front of other colleagues. What was most important was I made my concerns known politely but then she decided to shade/insult me as a reward.
Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2018
MissRaine69:

You see this attempt at you being assertive?
If you had applied it 100% to your situation
You would not be in that predicament

You call dat a predicament? Please. I simply tried to stop potential confusion and controversies dat could arise from that. You want to know wat a real predicament is? Being flat broke. Now that's a real predicament sis.
Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2018
mctowel01:

You are the real dumbass here who can't figure out how to handle cheap green signs from ladies. Making unnecessary threads about. Slowpoke

You better go for counselling because you sound like someone whose suicide/ obituary we could be hearing of soon. Frustrated soul. This is Nigeria. Eryone has challenges. Don't let yours overwhelm you. As long as there's life, there's hope OK?
Re: What Is Her Problem? by MissRaine69(f): 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2018
phazotron:

You call dat a predicament? Please. I simply tried to stop potential confusion and controversies dat could arise from that. You want to know wat a real predicament is? Being flat broke. Now that's a real predicament sis.
Broke?
What’s that? It is a type of fish?
Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
MissRaine69:
Broke? What’s that? It is a type of fish?

Being sarcastic eh?
Re: What Is Her Problem? by SmellingAnus(m): 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
Sometimes I don't blame guys who fuc.k and abandon fish brains like the girl the op is referring to sad
Re: What Is Her Problem? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
phazotron:

Face to face or message...... It was never going to end well. Besides I tend to be a private person. I don't think it'll be too wise neither would I be comfortable saying this kind of thing in front of other colleagues. What was most important was I made my concerns known politely but then she decided to shade/insult me as a reward.

face to face of course....this is your friend, right?

if you dont understand why a gal who was interested in you, got mad when you turned her down, then i suggest you quickly learn about the ways of women.

1 Like

Re: What Is Her Problem? by MissRaine69(f): 3:40pm On Apr 07, 2018
phazotron:

Being sarcastic eh?
Yep
Re: What Is Her Problem? by phazotron(m): 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

face to face of course....this is your friend, right?

if you dont understand why a gal who was interested in you, got mad when you turned her down, then i suggest you quickly learn about the ways of women.

Interested in me? Turned her down? Lolz. Someone who has a boyfriend.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex Is Sweet, How Sweet Is Sex? / Italian Lady Insults Country’s Prime Minister Over Her Nigerian Boyfriend. /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.