Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,210 members, 7,849,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:56 AM

Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... (1768 Views)

Unattractive Nairalanders, There's Still Hope: Personal Experience. / Ladies, Would You Date A Guy That Won't Ask You For Sex Until Marriage? / Something I Noticed About All The Prostitutes I Fvuck.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2018
There's something i've noticed. I like putting smiles on people's faces to my own disadvantage. Once I'm paid my meagre sum, I find myself helping those in need and before I know it, the money is gone in a week. Even in a relationship, I think more of the opposite partner than myself. Is this based on my upbringing??

I also don't like being helped or appreciated. I feel more joy and comfort in helping others. My question is, is this normal? Does any one feel this way too? Do I have to be stern at times. There are times it tells on me and other times I'm appraised for it

6 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2018
Lol.. that's me actually. I help my fellow guys more than girls. I better trek than seeing my fellow guy say he is hungry. it has been paving way for me.

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by bjayx: 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2018
Continuum... it is well.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by falconey(m): 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
For asking it shows you don't do it wholeheartedly, mayhap you do it in exchange for affection, prestige, religion fulfilment.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Ay04z(m): 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
I help too but I don't do tinz dat will affect me.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
You are normal.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Cadec007(m): 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2018
same here OP.......worry not it is normal!!
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by habsydiamond(m): 8:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
Ehya......sorry ooo...u dont do thing that will later affect u....there is budget for everything.....
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by swiz123(m): 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2018
Wiziman:
Lol.. that's me actually. I help my fellow guys more than girls. I better trek than seeing my fellow guy say he is hungry. it has been paving way for me.
[quote

author=Cadec007 post=66517868]same here OP.......worry not it is normal!![/quote]

Hmm

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by dollytino4real(f): 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2018
u are sowing there will be harvest time dat will be more than wat u sow. so ride on dont stop dont grudge
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by UDUJ(m): 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2018
bignoisemaker:
There's something i've noticed. I like putting smiles on people's faces to my own disadvantage. Once I'm paid my meagre sum, I find myself helping those in need and before I know it, the money is gone in a week. Even in a relationship, I think more of the opposite partner than myself. Is this based on my upbringing??

I also don't like being helped. I feel more joy and comfort in helping others. My question is, is this normal? Does any one feel this way too? Do I have to be stern at times. There are times it tells on me and other times I'm appraised for it

The single most important thing is simply this:

Understand that it is okay to say NO.

It is okay to have boundaries. It is okay to say no. Your mission in life is not to please every person you encounter, all the time.

It is okay to express your opinion even when it is not shared by the people around you. It is okay to decline requests for your time, attention, and labor. It is okay to set boundaries on what you have to offer other people.

People who suffer from Niceness Syndrome believe that in order to be a good person, you must always be inoffensive and non-confrontational. That makes others perceive them as dishonest and untrustworthy—dishonest because they hide their real opinions in order to avoid disagreement, untrustworthy because they say yes when they really mean no. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
UDUJ:

The single most important thing is simply this:

Understand that it is okay to say NO.

It is okay to have boundaries. It is okay to say no. Your mission in life is not to please every person you encounter, all the time.

It is okay to express your opinion even when it is not shared by the people around you. It is okay to decline requests for your time, attention, and labor. It is okay to set boundaries on what you have to offer other people.

People who suffer from Niceness Syndrome believe that in order to be a good person, you must always be inoffensive and non-confrontational. That makes others perceive them as dishonest and untrustworthy—dishonest because they hide their real opinions in order to avoid disagreement, untrustworthy because they say yes when they really mean no. undecided
hmmm.. insightful. it's like you were just talking about me.

saying NO is difficult
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Minjim: 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2018
bignoisemaker:

I also don't like being helped. I feel more joy and comfort in helping others. My question is, is this normal? Does any one feel this way too? Do I have to be stern at times. There are times it tells on me and other times I'm appraised for it

You're on the right track.

However, too much of anything is harmful. The Holy Book didnt say we should love ppl more than ourself.

So dont help people to hurt yourself. Do the goods you can afford.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2018
bignoisemaker:
Even in a relationship, I think more of the opposite partner than myself. Is this based on my upbringing

Nah, it's not your upbringing.

If you think more of your opposite partner than yourself, then you're a WUSSY..

You better put yourself first in every relationship with the opposite partner, so she wouldn't break your heart.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Freeman50(m): 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2018
bignoisemaker:

Papi, If you expect the world to be fair with you b’coz you are fair with them. It’s like expecting a lion not to eat you b’coz you don’t eat lion.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Newbeginnings(m): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2018
bignoisemaker:

Helping is good, but you have to also be responsible and think of the future.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by CosmicJames(m): 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
bignoisemaker:

One day you will give your head and be left with no head!
When that happens, you must have been dead!
Given and helping people is good.
But you must be wise in given.
Don't give everything you have and be left with nothing! That's foolishness

What does the Bible said?
"Love your neighbour as you love yourself"

It didn't say you should love only your neighbour

Are you trying to alter the principle?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by TheUpsetGirl(m): 1:02am On Apr 08, 2018
don't help ladies.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by phemmyfour: 2:31am On Apr 08, 2018
bignoisemaker:

Please I need 20k that you not using right now
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 08, 2018
Keep doing what you're doing, your reward is on the way.

You may be scammed along the way just like I've been severally even here on NL but don't let it stop you from helping out.

Truth is, I've received from the world more than I've given to it.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 08, 2018
Wiziman:
ohh... mine is with both genders
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:20am On Apr 08, 2018
Please I need help too. I see so many helpers here and I'm becoming hopeful that I might just get the help I need.
But someone has already said guys should not help ladies. And I wonder if I will still be able to get the help since guys have decided to help guys only.
You guys should please not look at my gender, help since you are helpers. God will bless you with more to continue helping.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 08, 2018
oga OP, you better know how to say know. You can never be wealthy by helping every tom dick and harry that comes your way. Number 1 rule to be rich- always pay yourself first. Thaink yhu
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
bjayx:
Continuum... it is well.
ohh cool
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2018
bignoisemaker:

I also don't like being helped or appreciated. I feel more joy and comfort in helping others. My question is, is this normal? Does any one feel this way too? Do I have to be stern at times. There are times it tells on me and other times I'm appraised for it

It's not normal. You should 1st look after yourself then you can be of help to others. Right now, you are sharing your nothing with others.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by MissRaine69(f): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
Depends is the gratitude you get self serving? Maybe have the problem, your need to be validated and feel ab sense of purpose and worth.

You cannot help others to your own detriment that’s being a martyr and most times you are targeted because those you associate with know any sob story w becomes a pity party and you give in easily. Refusing to be helped is you trying not to appear vulnerable which as humans we have to display that part of our persona from time to time. Why do you feel the need to please everyone? It could be your upbringing it could be you. Or both.

[color=#990000][/color] what’s your relationship like with your parents?( if they are still with us) Especially your father? Did he acknowledge any efforts you did?
You can please some people sometimes but you cannot please all the people all the time ( Bob Marley)
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
falconey:
For asking it shows you don't do it wholeheartedly, mayhap you do it in exchange for affection, prestige, religion fulfilment.
and at time to save face. I feel uncomfortable when i let someone down. I feel the person will come for me
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by Sheuns(m): 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2018
Try and reduce it bro. I used to be like this sometime ago, I found it difficult to say NO. But now even if I have capacity to do it I may say NO as the case may be. Give but wisely.
Re: Nairalanders, There's Something I Want To Ask You Guys...... by ImaIma1(f): 1:36am On Apr 13, 2018
You have learn to say No because people will take advantage of you and you will realize that they have used your money to build house while you are still paying rent.

Maybe one day you would even give out your children's school fees out of compassion. Pls learn to say No. Everything has a balance and limit.

(1) (Reply)

Married Men Plz Fufill Ur Responsibilities Let Colleagues Rest / Ladies..ladies..we Urgently Need Your Help To Help The Helpless!!! / Don't Go Broke While Trying To Impress Everybody,AIRFORCE1 LEARN!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.