Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:44 PM

Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? (25839 Views)

Is Drinking Alcohol A Sin? What Does The Bible Say? / Is Marrying A Non Christian Really Against Christiandom? / Is God Biaz (christiandom) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by ikorodureporta: 8:47am On Apr 08, 2018
Christendom
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by myners007: 8:47am On Apr 08, 2018
yes ogogoro is a sin?
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by viktor88: 8:48am On Apr 08, 2018
Williams is my favorite alcohol , alcohol is not a sin

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by mvem(m): 8:48am On Apr 08, 2018
Ifesinachi22:
There is no where in the Bible that has it clearly "Don't drink alcohol", Rather you will see things like Drunkards will not enter the king of God.

Paul told Timothy to stop drinking water and drink wine instead because of his health.
Catholics use wine (May not be alcoholic) and holy communion together.
Finally Jesus turned water into wine which became the best wine in wedding.

Drinking alcohol is not a sin. Drinking in excess is what is a sin.
My humble opinion
...check the definition of Wine...All wines are alcoholic

2 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by HeyCorleone(m): 8:48am On Apr 08, 2018
xtivin:
Not a sin, but alcohol is not for kings and as Christians we are kings

So non Christians are slaves? Smh.

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by teemy(m): 8:49am On Apr 08, 2018
if drinking has never been your thing, it would be advisable to keep off especially considering costs, health effects and association but if you believe you can not be negatively influenced, ensure you engage responsively. Wishing you well - Teemy

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by mvem(m): 8:50am On Apr 08, 2018
Simple even Jesus changed water to wine and took wine during the last supper...Yes all wines are alcoholic...wine is an alcoholic beverage gotten from grapes and beer is also an alcoholic beverage gotten from fermenting cereals...my point is Even Christ himself drank wine which is an alcohol

2 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Therealev: 8:50am On Apr 08, 2018
CSTR1002:
God forbade all his prophets from drinking.

Solomon also said it is not for kings to drink wine. He said wine should be given to those about to perish So they can drink and forget their sorrow.

Solomon's Opinion, not God's. He said that doesn't make it right. We all know the Bible's stance on adultery but he got himself numerous Women. He was just as human as we are.

3 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Ifeanyi4491(m): 8:51am On Apr 08, 2018
Drinking alcohol is not a sin, but drunkenness is.

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Ifeanyi4491(m): 8:51am On Apr 08, 2018
Drinking alcohol is not a sin, but drunkenness is.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by lastmaster(m): 8:51am On Apr 08, 2018
o boy! see comments
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by LizzyWiz(f): 8:52am On Apr 08, 2018
I totally agree with you...
allanphash7:
I dont know but i know this

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 08, 2018
The Lord himself changed water to wine around one minute before 6pm at a wedding. I believe Guinness used that for their brand name 17:59.

Don't take me serious biko, I heard that from a village drunkard. grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Freethought(m): 8:53am On Apr 08, 2018
vchykp:
Is alcohol a sin?

This particular topic has been bothering me, i once asked a Rev Father, who said its not a sin.

On the contrary i met another man of God(prophet) who said alcohol has an evil spirit in it, it has demons that controls who ever takes it.

But on friday, my cousin who happens to be a prophet came around and has been drinking Williams(beer) comfortably from my fridge and he said neither can alcohol stop his gift of prophecy nor possess him with demon.

I really need help concerning this topic and scriptures to back it up.

#thanks

Well, It is not a sin to drink alcohol in MODERATION . The Bible describes wine as a gift from God that can make life more enjoyable. ( Psalm 104:14, 15; Ecclesiastes 3:13; 9:7 )

In 1st Timothy 5 VS 23, the Bible also acknowledges the medicinal value of wine.

Also, during his time on earth, Jesus also drank wine..

Even the holy communion wine some churches used has alcohol in it.

What is a sin is drunkenness, jesus even talked about the implications of drunkenness (can't really remember the Bible verses)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Ifeanyi4491(m): 8:54am On Apr 08, 2018
trapQ:
Why did God send the Angel to deliver a message about John the Baptist not taking strong drink (alcohol)?
(Matthew 11:19). In the first miracle he performed, Jesus did not turn water into Ribena or orange
juice. He turned water into wine.
Which is an alcohol

4 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by zikter(m): 8:54am On Apr 08, 2018
all said well, excess drunkenness is the sin here, simply because in that state one can do unspeakable things, can kill, rape, etc. am sure foods generally from fermentation processes contain traces of alcohol, even perfume and other deodorant are alcoholic.

2 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Chukwudi4naija(m): 8:54am On Apr 08, 2018
Johnnyakins:
Let ur concience judge. #HAPPY SUNDAY
Conscience may be wrongly configured and so may interpret scenarios wrongly. Conscience is the product of the environment you know

1 Like

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Martin0(m): 8:56am On Apr 08, 2018
MhizzAJ:
How is alcohol a sin It becomes a sin when taken in excess Everything should be done in moderation
them gullibles don arrive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Vernor(m): 8:57am On Apr 08, 2018
Just read Proverbs 31: 1-6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by HeyCorleone(m): 9:00am On Apr 08, 2018
mvem:
...check the definition of Wine...All wines are alcoholic

Not all man. Veleta and Eve are some non alcoholic wines in Nigeria. Wine is basically Grape juice. The more it is left to mature, the greater the alcohol in it.

But no I don't think consuming alcohol is a sin.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by askorlogy: 9:00am On Apr 08, 2018
Jesus Christ the whole essence of Christianity came to this world and the first miracle he did was to turn water into wine. God's son, a member of the Holy Trinity turned water into wine. Wine ........!!! So go and ask Jesus
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 08, 2018
Freethought:

Well, It is not a sin to drink alcohol in MODERATION . The Bible describes wine as a gift from God that can make life more enjoyable. ( Psalm 104:14, 15; Ecclesiastes 3:13; 9:7 )

In 1st Timothy 5 VS 23, the Bible also acknowledges the medicinal value of wine.

Also, during his time on earth, Jesus also drank wine..

Even the holy communion wine some churches used has alcohol in it.

What is a sin is drunkenness, jesus even talked about the implications of drunkenness (can't really remember the Bible verses)
Give strong drink to him that perisheth (Proverbs 31 vs 6) ...@ Topic in Christendom Alcohol is no sin but in the sight of The True living GOD and in The Body of Christ, it is sin; choose ye this day where you belong and what you believe
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by donbachi(m): 9:02am On Apr 08, 2018
Alcohol is never a sin.in the bible is written that it makes a man's heart to merry.Our Lord Jesus turned water into wine,so taking it should be moderate.Noah after consuming whole lot of it,came back home stripped himself naked before his kids, which made one to laugh at him.and we all know what happened.so,if alcohol is a sin God wouldn't have honored the curse pronounced on his children. Not a sin.except what it pushes you do...e.g,rape,steal,kill,suicide,public disgrace and self pity.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 08, 2018
Vernor:
Just read Proverbs 31: 1-6
exactly
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by askorlogy: 9:02am On Apr 08, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Not all man. Veleta and Eve are some non alcoholic wines in Nigeria. Wine is basically Grape juice. The more it is left to mature, the greater the alcohol in it.

But no I don't think consuming alcohol is a sin.
No wine is not grape juice. Check your science. Wine is grape juice that has been fermented . Without the fermentation there is no wine

2 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Ethannathan(m): 9:03am On Apr 08, 2018
Honey “is good,” but “the eating of too much honey is not good.” (Proverbs 24:13; 25:27) While drinking “a little wine” may be agreeable, the abuse of alcohol is a serious problem. (1 Timothy 5:23) “Wine is a ridiculer,” warns the Bible, “intoxicating liquor is boisterous, and everyone going astray by it is not wise.” (Proverbs 20:1) What, though, constitutes going astray by alcohol?* How much is too much? What is a balanced view in this regard?
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by YorubaEmir: 9:05am On Apr 08, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Alcohol is sin

If alcohol is a sin, do we call the holy communion wine a holy sin?
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by Ethannathan(m): 9:05am On Apr 08, 2018
In ancient Israel, a son who was an unrepentant glutton and a drunkard was to be stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 21:18-21) The apostle Paul admonished Christians: “Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.” Clearly, while drinking alcohol is not condenmed by the bible,drinking to the point of drunkenness is condemned.​—1 Corinthians 5:11; 6:9, 10.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by pafisayo(m): 9:07am On Apr 08, 2018
Therealev:

Solomon's Opinion, not God's. He said that doesn't make it right. We all know the Bible's stance on adultery but he got himself numerous Women. He was just as human as we are.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by askorlogy: 9:08am On Apr 08, 2018
Wine is an alcoholic beverage made with the fermented juice of grapes. Technically, wine can be made with any fruit (i.e. apples, cranberries, plums, etc) but most wines are made with wine grapes (which are different than table grapes). ... So very simply, wine is made from fruit and beer is made from grains.

Leave all these pastors saying that there is non alcoholic wine.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by trapQ: 9:11am On Apr 08, 2018
Where is your sense? So every wine is alcoholic?

Besides how does this relate to my comment about John the Baptist?
Ifeanyi4491:
(Matthew 11:19). In the first miracle he performed, Jesus did not turn water into Ribena or orange
juice. He turned water into wine.
Which is an alcohol
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? by HomeOfMe(f): 9:11am On Apr 08, 2018
vchykp:
Is alcohol a sin?

This particular topic has been bothering me, i once asked a Rev Father, who said its not a sin.

On the contrary i met another man of God(prophet) who said alcohol has an evil spirit in it, it has demons that controls who ever takes it.

But on friday, my cousin who happens to be a prophet came around and has been drinking Williams(beer) comfortably from my fridge and he said neither can alcohol stop his gift of prophecy nor possess him with demon.

I really need help concerning this topic and scriptures to back it up.

#thanks
The same way alcohol can be abused,food can also be abused-even prescription drugs. Moderation is key.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muslim Dad Dumps Newborn Baby In Toilet Because Mother Is Christian In Adamawa / 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit / Kayan Mata Will Give You Cancer, Death – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.